Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 352

Thread: Headphones

  1. #211
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,262

    Default Re: Headphones

    I am taking recommendations on quality earbuds beginning ..... NOW!
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  2. #212
    Cult Leader koryp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    3,207

    Default Re: Headphones

    I've been using a pair of Shure's the last 2 years that fit well and produce great sound. SE115

    I got them with their headset adapter as I mostly use these with an iPhone. I found the $100 price range to be the best compromise between price and sound quality. At this point anything that sounds better costs at least twice as much.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

  3. #213
    Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,859

    Default Re: Headphones

    I picked up a pair of Brainwavz M2s. For 50 buck they are pretty good, albeit a bit crowded in the lower mids like all of the V-Modas I have heard have been. If you are playing oontz oontz most of the time it's not a bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

  4. #214
    old school caco0283's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,129

    Default Re: Headphones

    picked up a pair of the monster beats by dre headphones and I'm loving them. Sound great and feel really comfortable. Would you guys recommend spending the money and getting me getting the Beats by Dre Tour ControlTalk In-Ear headphones or is there something else that is better? I need something for the gym
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.


    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ronnie painted that on her, with his dick.

  5. #215
    Cult Leader koryp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    3,207

    Default Re: Headphones

    Caco, I originally bought the Shure's for the gym and realized getting something with sound quality that high is wasted on the situation. I'm not exactly doing critical listening while on the eliptical. They are great on plane rides. Much better than those gimmicky Bose QC headphones that I regret ever buying. I'm probably picking up a pair of these Bluetooth Motorola S10HD for the gym. Loosing the cord seems like a real plus and I still get isolation from the rest of the world while getting in Sahara tent shape.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

  6. #216
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    11,960

    Default Re: Headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I am taking recommendations on quality earbuds beginning ..... NOW!
    ultimate ears triple fi 10's. triple drivers, removable cord so if it gets chewed up, etc. you can replace it for like $20 instead of having to toss the whole thing, 2 year warranty, amazing sound. got them on amazon during one of their deals for a little under $200 and still see some at that price on the site(regular retail is $400), but they aren't direct from amazon.

  7. #217
    Member lunatic core's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ultraworld
    Posts
    1,603

    Default Re: Headphones

    I love JVC marshmellows. They are like 20 bucks. Mine sound great and keep out sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkjustice View Post
    this mix is tripping me out
    Audio junky/CD collector
    Coachella 2001/2003

  8. #218
    old school bluemamba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Posts
    3,334

    Default Re: Headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by caco0283 View Post
    picked up a pair of the monster beats by dre headphones and I'm loving them. Sound great and feel really comfortable. Would you guys recommend spending the money and getting me getting the Beats by Dre Tour ControlTalk In-Ear headphones or is there something else that is better? I need something for the gym
    I always wondered about those. Anyone else check these out?? are they good?

  9. #219
    Member thetello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    656

    Default Re: Headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by caco0283 View Post
    I need something for the gym
    Jaybird Endorphin Rush

    highly suggested, they come with a lifetime warranty against sweat and are right around $60.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomboclat View Post
    Sometimes you just reach that level where the only thing that makes sense is to get buck naked.

  10. #220
    Dark Lord mountmccabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    11,850

    Default Re: Headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by koryp View Post
    I'm probably picking up a pair of these Bluetooth Motorola S10HD for the gym. Loosing the cord seems like a real plus and I still get isolation from the rest of the world while getting in Sahara tent shape.
    I am interested to hear what you think; I am considering getting bluetooth headphones for my commute.

    I had been using earbuds but one of the buds gave out and now I'm using my Sennheisers I posted about earlier. Which are great at isolation and have fantastic sound.. but are also bulky for lugging around and have a heavy cord.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

  11. #221
    Member ManImCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Los Gatos, CA
    Posts
    1,489

    Default Re: Headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    I am interested to hear what you think; I am considering getting bluetooth headphones for my commute.

    I had been using earbuds but one of the buds gave out and now I'm using my Sennheisers I posted about earlier. Which are great at isolation and have fantastic sound.. but are also bulky for lugging around and have a heavy cord.
    I'm sorry, but I think people that drive their cars with headphones in both ears are fucking retarded. So unsafe. It is NOT the same as a loud speaker system. Do not tell me that deaf people are allowed to have licenses either. Not the same. Catching the sound of squealing brakes a second too late because you had headphones on could be the difference between being in an accident and avoiding one. Headphones-while-driving users may argue that while driving they are intentionally more focused than they otherwise would be... but sooner or later you may regret it.
    Why ______________________ ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

  12. #222
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,914

    Default Re: Headphones

    ProTip: People commute without driving cars. Maybe find out before you go on some self rightous rant.

    John, I have these and have used them hiking, at the gym, work and on the airplane. They aren't the in-ear kind but they are fantastic and I would recommend them to anyone. Great stereo sound. I'm not an audiphile but they work perfect and last 6+ hours on one charge easily. They fit snug on the head too so they don't fall off ever.

    http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/9246...ws/reviews.htm


    I also have these...


    http://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Sound-O.../dp/B0040Z1EHY

    Great sound but a little looser. If you are jogging or exercising they may slip and slide off the ears a bit.

    I'm always in the market for better BT headsets too because I hate cords.
    Last edited by faxman75; 08-24-2011 at 09:37 AM.

  13. #223
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: Headphones

    Yeah!

  14. #224
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    22,182

    Default Re: Headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    I'm sorry, but I think people that drive their cars with headphones in both ears are fucking retarded. So unsafe. It is NOT the same as a loud speaker system. Do not tell me that deaf people are allowed to have licenses either. Not the same. Catching the sound of squealing brakes a second too late because you had headphones on could be the difference between being in an accident and avoiding one. Headphones-while-driving users may argue that while driving they are intentionally more focused than they otherwise would be... but sooner or later you may regret it.
    Drive yourself off of highway 9 you dipshit.

    4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

  15. #225
    Member ManImCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Los Gatos, CA
    Posts
    1,489

    Default Re: Headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    ProTip: People commute without driving cars. Maybe find out before you go on some self rightous rant.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Drive yourself off of highway 9 you dipshit.
    Guedita, calm down. Jesus. I could argue that the sun is hot, yet since I don't have thousands of posts, people will automatically disagree and tell me that the sun is made of ice and rally behind whichever regular boardie I'm disagreeing with. I just saw the words commute and headphones and isolate and it made me think of the fact that wearing headphones while driving a car is dangerous. I can't count the # of times that I've observed other drivers on the road with headphones in driving recklessly and being completely oblivious to their surroundings. If you think driving with headphones on is no big deal, I actually wish you continue doing so, because it just means I'll outlive you.

    By all means if your commute involves public transport or walking or whatever, my rant doesn't apply to you, and I didn't mean for that to sound like it was specifically directed at mountmccabe.

    Despite your wishes on me crashing on highway 9 which will never happen, I still wish you a pleasant day and hope you don't get shot up by a gang in Oakland (more realistic of a scenario than me driving off Highway 9).
    Why ______________________ ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

  16. #226
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    22,182

    Default Re: Headphones

    Trust me, number of posts is not a blanket tell all for intelligence. Take a look at Faxman's Facts for further proof. And it's very true that gangs are in every single neighborhood of Oakland.

    4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

  17. #227
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    40,002

    Default Re: Headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    By all means if your commute involves public transport or walking or whatever, my rant doesn't apply to you, and I didn't mean for that to sound like it was specifically directed at mountmccabe.
    This is dumb.

    In the context of the discussion, the only thing that makes any sense was that your post was aimed directly at mountmccabe. you quoted his post, highlighted his word commute, and then went on your finger-wagging sermon about the evils of driving with headphones on. NO ONE WAS TALKING ABOUT DRIVING WITH HEADPHONES ON. IT WAS NOT A PART OF THE CONVERSATION TIL YOU BROUGHT IT UP.

    Basically, you read a meaning into mountmccabe's post that wasn't there, and now in your embarassment over your fuckup you are claiming that it wasn't a fuckup at all. Advice: just say 'my bad' and be done with it. Otherwise you're just making yourself look dumber.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  18. #228
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    8,675

    Default Re: Headphones

    manimcool, people disagree with you because you're retarded.
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans


    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

  19. #229
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: Headphones

    Assume = ASS of U not mee

  20. #230
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    22,182

    Default Re: Headphones

    Wait, actually, can you elaborate a bit more on why deaf people shouldn't be allowed to have driver's licenses? Let's do this.

    4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

  21. #231
    Member ManImCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Los Gatos, CA
    Posts
    1,489

    Default Re: Headphones

    True. BD definitely made me realize the # of posts doesn't necessarily mean you are intelligent or have the respect of others.
    Why ______________________ ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

  22. #232
    Member ManImCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Los Gatos, CA
    Posts
    1,489

    Default Re: Headphones

    I am not arguing that deaf people shouldn't be allowed to have driver's licenses. Not at all.

    People that think headphones while driving is fine, tend to bring that fact up that they are allowed to get licenses, because driving isn't necessarily about auditory cues. I disagree, obviously.
    Why ______________________ ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

  23. #233
    Member ManImCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Los Gatos, CA
    Posts
    1,489

    Default Re: Headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Basically, you read a meaning into mountmccabe's post that wasn't there, and now in your embarassment over your fuckup you are claiming that it wasn't a fuckup at all. Advice: just say 'my bad' and be done with it. Otherwise you're just making yourself look dumber.

    Yes, like I mentioned, I saw certain words and it sparked a rant inside of me. If i hadn't made bold certain words of his quote, and maybe started it off with "hey guys, speaking of headphones and commuting, you know what really grinds my gears? When people DRIVE and commute," things would be different. Something like that. I assumed wrong. My bad. I apologize.
    Why ______________________ ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

  24. #234
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: Headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    This is dumb.

    In the context of the discussion, the only thing that makes any sense was that your post was aimed directly at mountmccabe. you quoted his post, highlighted his word commute, and then went on your finger-wagging sermon about the evils of driving with headphones on. NO ONE WAS TALKING ABOUT DRIVING WITH HEADPHONES ON. IT WAS NOT A PART OF THE CONVERSATION TIL YOU BROUGHT IT UP.

    Basically, you read a meaning into mountmccabe's post that wasn't there, and now in your embarassment over your fuckup you are claiming that it wasn't a fuckup at all. Advice: just say 'my bad' and be done with it. Otherwise you're just making yourself look dumber.
    ...

  25. #235
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    22,182

    Default Re: Headphones

    What is your stance on deaf people driving with headphones on?

    4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

  26. #236
    Member ManImCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Los Gatos, CA
    Posts
    1,489

    Default Re: Headphones

    Oh and nathan, go wear more tie dye shirts.

    FUCKING 21 YEAR OLDS
    Why ______________________ ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

  27. #237
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: Headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Oh and nathan, go wear more tie dye shirts.

    FUCKING 21 YEAR OLDS
    Racist?

  28. #238
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    40,002

    Default Re: Headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Yes, like I mentioned, I saw certain words and it sparked a rant inside of me. If i hadn't made bold certain words of his quote, and maybe started it off with "hey guys, speaking of headphones and commuting, you know what really grinds my gears? When people DRIVE and commute," things would be different. Something like that. I assumed wrong. My bad. I apologize.
    much better.

    now answer Cara.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  29. #239
    Member ManImCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Los Gatos, CA
    Posts
    1,489

    Default Re: Headphones

    This
    Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    I am not arguing that deaf people shouldn't be allowed to have driver's licenses. Not at all.

    People that think headphones while driving is fine, tend to bring that fact up that they are allowed to get licenses, because driving isn't necessarily about auditory cues. I disagree, obviously.
    Why ______________________ ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

  30. #240
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    22,182

    Default Re: Headphones

    I no longer wear headphones when in Oakland so that I can hear if a gang member has turned the safety off of their gun and is about to shoot me.

    4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •