Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112

Thread: Headphones

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Default Re: Headphones

The Sonys are cheaper, but I am sure those will be nice as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

I personally like Audiotechnica headphones. I have the ATH A900 art monitors and thye are super comfortable and sound great. Not the best for bass . If your using them with a laptop you should look into external sound cards / headphone amps as well. Really helps bring out the sound.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I just purchased these Koss PortaPro Headphones and started listening with them yesterday. They sound great and have a great 80's style look to them. The sound is so powerful I feel like i'm wearing my big clunky Sennheiser's. I purchased these for work because I wasn't entirely satisified with the sound I was getting from my bluetooth Rocketfish headphones (though they are pretty decent). These Koss headphones are noticebly more crisp and have very good and deep bass that was missing from the Rocketfish. I do the majority of my music listening at my desk at work so I expect to get heavy use out of these.

They are fairly inexpensive at right around $30.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o01_s00_i00

To this day, I think Koss makes the most comfortable earbud, which also have that added bass you were talking about.

$17 on newegg

I couldn't find a more suitable thread, but can anyone recommend a good ipod (preferably portable) home theater system? I was going to go with Bose, but I'm sure there are other options worth considering. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Portable and home theatre system kind of conflict in wants... Are you specifically looking for something with an ipod dock that you can take with you everywhere, but also isn't too quiet? At Fry's the best option I've seen is about ~$100 or less for a Sony boombox that gets pretty good volume, it also plays CDs (a lot of docks boomboxes dont)

Problem with the Bose dock - needs to be plugged in. That's where it stops being portable for me. A friend of mine found a solar powered ipod (brookstone or bed&bath?) speaker dock, it sounded great and was around $150. The charges definitely lasted a while as long as you fully charged it before blasting some music.

I've got a Sony 7.1 receiver that also has a wireless adapter for your local network, so you could get a great setup for your home where you can play simply from your laptop, it just wouldn't be portable.

I have a less than stellar battery powered portable that I take camping and what not. This one I just want to keep in my house (but ideally would be able to move it from room to room without much effort).

EDIT* Something that won't take up a ton of space.
    Last edited by Gribbz; 11-16-2012 at 02:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Mugwog is correct in that anything that can be battery powered probably won't give you the desired power for home use. you might be looking for two different items here. Heather has a Bose dock that is tiny and the volume and clarity that comes out of those tiny speakers is pretty amazing. It's very easy to move around, but it does require being plugged in.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i'm looking for headphones. i am ok buying two sets of headphones if need be.

i mainly use my iPod at work to drown everyone else out and while exercising (walking/elliptical). i've found while using the elliptical that my headphone cords are too long and get caught on things. also the buds tend to fall out of my ears. and i made the mistake of buying a really awful pair that sound almost like a stethoscope in that i can hear everything the cord touches.

any recommendations for quality headphones in both categories?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I've also Sennheiser RS 140's because I love to use wireless headphones so i've buy it...

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i'm looking for headphones. i am ok buying two sets of headphones if need be.

i mainly use my iPod at work to drown everyone else out and while exercising (walking/elliptical). i've found while using the elliptical that my headphone cords are too long and get caught on things. also the buds tend to fall out of my ears. and i made the mistake of buying a really awful pair that sound almost like a stethoscope in that i can hear everything the cord touches.

any recommendations for quality headphones in both categories?
    My girlfriend has Beats in-ears that sound great and they have a flat cord that works perfectly for exercising.

http://www.beatsbydre.com/earphones/...efault,pd.html

You can probably find them a little cheaper than 150 if you look around. I normally don't recommend Beats but these are great for working out. They also have the ones that hook over your ear, but these definitely stay put without it.
    Last edited by ods..; 01-03-2013 at 02:04 AM.

I got my gal a pair of Beats, she's really digging them. I'm a little jealous myself and was hesitant to even buy them at first. I am thoroughly impressed with the clarity and range of sound. I want a pair, but I destroy earbuds/Headphones in general. I don't want to mangle a $100+ set in a weeks time.

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyMellow View Post
    I personally like Audiotechnica headphones. I have the ATH A900 art monitors and thye are super comfortable and sound great. Not the best for bass . If your using them with a laptop you should look into external sound cards / headphone amps as well. Really helps bring out the sound.
    +1. Audio Technica's are credited. ATH 500s.

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

I want these. Badly.

http://ue.logitech.com/en-us/earphones/ue900

Ultimate Ears 900, quad armature

Anyone recommend some headphones or earbuds that are good at blocking out engine noise on airplanes but don't cost a fortune? I'd mostly be using them for watching movies so the ability to hear dialog over engine noise without playing them at full blast is more important than overall audio quality.

Quote Originally Posted by gazercmh View Post
    Anyone recommend some headphones or earbuds that are good at blocking out engine noise on airplanes but don't cost a fortune? I'd mostly be using them for watching movies so the ability to hear dialog over engine noise without playing them at full blast is more important than overall audio quality.
    I'm looking for the same. I have some nice earbuds, but the last time I used them on a plane, I could barely hear anything.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

They've been much discussed in here, but I found the Sennheiser HD 280 Pros to be great for that, and they can be had for under $100. They definitely do not do what Bose noise-canceling headphones do (which is completely insane in how effective they are), but it was a night and day difference compared to the earbuds i had used previously. They're great headphones regardless of travel uses too.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

The Sennheisers look nice. Earbuds would be more convenient for travel, but the Senns could be an option if I can't find any earbuds that would do the trick at a similar price.

The Audio Technica ATH M50's are one of the best purchases I've ever made.