Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 159

Thread: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

  1. #121
    Member Cpt. Funkaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    2,072

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    Quote Originally Posted by ghettojournalist View Post
    also, unless someone in here is Joe Quesada, then i think no one is an idiot.
    Somebody's a comics geek...
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker

  2. #122
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,771

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    Quote Originally Posted by ghettojournalist View Post
    also, unless someone in here is Joe Quesada, then i think no one is an idiot.
    I know who Quesada is, but I have no fucking idea what that is supposed to mean.

    Also, several of you have proven yourselves to be idiots quite thoroughly. I wish you would cut it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  3. #123

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post

    That wasn't even an argument. Also, please do get together a list of people on the board who think that you ever know what you're talking about, ever. Look at the people who are on your side who you so cutely refer to as "everybody." Your fellow holders of "superior knowledge." Two out of the three of you have fucking Adult Swim avatars. Seriously, you should start a poll just on this question: Does Anyone On This Board Think That I, Kingsblend, Am Not An Idiot? I will bet you 50 dollars that you can not get even five votes from anyone who's old school. Don't you realize that literally EVERYONE who's opinion actually counts for anything on here finds you a detestable shit for brains? You're in the Suprefan/Brokendoll category, chump. Come to grips with it, or better yet just fucking leave. There's a reason no one's ever friendly to you at all.
    Why dont you start the poll? I dare you. I fucking triple dog dare you. You dont fucking get it do you? Nothing you say above means anything to me. I don't understand how you can't comprehend that. I know this board is your life and its all you got going on and maybe that makes it hard for you to understand that not everyone is as big of a fuckup loser like you are. Fucking get one thing straight. Just get one thing straight, PLEASE! Know and understand that I dont give a fuck what you say or think. I dont give a fuck if everyone who is "old school" thinks I am a detestable shit. I really...DONT CARE. So, like I said before and I will say again. You are a fucking loser. Get a life. Make some non-internet friends. I won't stop you from thinking you are the smartest person on The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Message Board. I wouldn't want to take that away from you as you wouldn't have much else. Fucking loser.
    Last edited by Wheres the beef?; 01-08-2008 at 11:33 AM.

  4. #124

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    hey douchebag (randy),
    who gives a fuck about legal/illegal. id say most of us here dont. what matter is whats right and wrong. scalping is immoral, period. its not a fair market, and its nothing like the stock market, so stop comparing it to that. the fact that is illegal in some states obviously helps to prove this point. show me a state where its illegal to trade stocks. all it does is help worthless cunts like yourself who have no real skill or talent in life to make money off music fans. get a real job fuckface.

  5. #125

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    haha randy you just got your own cock fed to you. does that mean led zep IS headlining????!?!!
    RESPEK

  6. #126
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,553

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    Quote Originally Posted by sexecutioner View Post
    scalping is immoral, period.
    i stopped there. You people really aren't listening to Randy. You are just shooting steam out of your assholes.

  7. #127
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,771

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    Why dont you start the poll? I dare you. I fucking triple dog dare you. You dont fucking get it do you? Nothing you say above means anything to me. I don't understand how you can't comprehend that. I know this board is your life and its all you got going on and maybe that makes it hard for you to understand that not everyone is as big of a fuckup loser like you are. Fucking get one thing straight. Just get one thing straight, PLEASE! Know and understand that I dont give a fuck what you say or think. I dont give a fuck if everyone who is "old school" thinks I am a detestable shit. I really...DONT CARE. So, like I said before and I will say again. You are a fucking loser. Get a life. Make some non-internet friends. I won't stop you from thinking you are the smartest person on The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Message Board. I wouldn't want to take that away from you as you wouldn't have much else. Fucking loser.
    I'm just making the point that I don't understand why you hang around where you're not wanted. I'm just mostly not wanted, you're not wanted AT ALL. Sociopaths hang out where they're not wanted.

    Quote Originally Posted by sexecutioner View Post
    hey douchebag (randy),
    who gives a fuck about legal/illegal. id say most of us here dont. what matter is whats right and wrong. scalping is immoral, period. its not a fair market, and its nothing like the stock market, so stop comparing it to that. the fact that is illegal in some states obviously helps to prove this point. show me a state where its illegal to trade stocks. all it does is help worthless cunts like yourself who have no real skill or talent in life to make money off music fans. get a real job fuckface.
    First of all, this isn't my job, twats. It's something I do occasionally to supplement my income. And I don't see what's unfair about the market whatsoever. How is it not a fair market? Explain to me how in any way it is different than speculating in Beanie Babies or any other kind of collectible? Get off your fucking high horse, assholes. It's illegal in some states because they're trying to protect consumers from being sold fake tickets, that's why it's illegal. I don't sell fake tickets, I sell real tickets, and I don't price gouge, but even if I did I wouldn't give a fuck. You're telling me NO ONE should be allowed to purchase a good intending to resell it for a higher value later? Suppose someone sells a rare CD for a profit? Is that morally reprehensible too must becuase it's profiting off a fucking music fan?

    You people take an absurd view of the sanctity of music. Either stick to your position across the board on every issue or don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  8. #128
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,771

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    Also, sexecutioner, you might want to reference my previous posts about how low scalping falls in the lists of "immoral" ways I have made money. It's just a silly fucking argument. If you're really going to sit there and judge me for having scalped tickets but not for having been a dealer, a thief, rigged sporting events--the fucking list goes on--then you're clearly a douchebag. So fuck off.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  9. #129
    old school Somewhat Damaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    5,289

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    You rigged sporting events? Do tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

  10. #130
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,771

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    One of my friends and business partners ran the Rutgers illicits scene. They had a big basketball game coming up, Rutgers was slightly favored to win. In North Jersey, finding a bookie is about as easy as finding a pizza parlor. He and I thought it would be a good idea if he made an offering to a couple of the best players on the night before the game of his finest BC bud--as a thank-you in advance for the victory he was sure they delivered.

    Naturally, the weed was dusted. Rutgers lost bad. We made just under 20 grand.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  11. #131

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I'm just making the point that I don't understand why you hang around where you're not wanted. I'm just mostly not wanted, you're not wanted AT ALL. Sociopaths hang out where they're not wanted.
    Right. Because you say so right? Douchebag. So you recognize you aren't wanted and yet still hang around posting upwards of 30+ posts per day over 3 aliases? Get a fucking blog dipshit. You add nothing of value to this community except maybe the occasional chuckle over your pathetic rants.
    Haven't you ever noticed that any thread containing any kind of intellectual discussion beyond the "what are you listening to?" or "Official CD/LP Purchases" thread is always poisoned with your nonsensical confrontational attitude and worthless attacks on others; and leading to the inevitable killing of the thread because people are so fed up with reading your worthless garbage? Don't you find it odd that everyone sees right through your bullshit yet you claim to have some special connection to the "board regulars"? I doubt half the people feel the same way. Fucking loser.
    Last edited by Wheres the beef?; 01-08-2008 at 08:01 PM.

  12. #132
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,771

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    Yes, but what you fail to grasp is that some people do like me, and I'm comfortable not being liked by the majority. People, sometimes, find me very entertaining. You, however, have never been and will never be anything but a blight. This shouldn't be unusual for you, I can't imagine you've ever been popular, or had friends, or anything. It has nothing to do with the board--it has to do with the fact that you have no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

    EDIT: Think about it. There are a couple people on the board that are nice enough to Suprefan--all of them just because they're just too nice to do otherwise--but is anyone on here ever nice to you? Doesn't that bother you at all? CAN'T YOU TAKE A FUCKING HINT?
    Last edited by thelastgreatman; 01-08-2008 at 08:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  13. #133

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Also, sexecutioner, you might want to reference my previous posts about how low scalping falls in the lists of "immoral" ways I have made money. It's just a silly fucking argument. If you're really going to sit there and judge me for having scalped tickets but not for having been a dealer, a thief, rigged sporting events--the fucking list goes on--then you're clearly a douchebag. So fuck off.
    your line of reasoning is so completely ridiculous.....do you hear what you're saying????


    it'd be like me saying, "well i used to kill people, now i just enjoy the occasional rape on the weekends. Since i've obviously come a long way, you should get off my nuts about the morality of all the sodomizing i've been doing..."


    you fucking idiot.

    quit attempting to making yourself out to be some broken-home-hardass-just found jesus through scalping-cunt. you're doing a pretty shitty job at it.
    Last edited by microlovebeat; 01-08-2008 at 08:31 PM.
    RESPEK

  14. #134
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,771

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    I'm not debating anything with you anymore man, you're a stoner jerkoff who doesn't understand anything that's been said in this thread at all. Ignore.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  15. #135

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Yes, but what you fail to grasp is that some people do like me, and I'm comfortable not being liked by the majority. People, sometimes, find me very entertaining. You, however, have never been and will never be anything but a blight. This shouldn't be unusual for you, I can't imagine you've ever been popular, or had friends, or anything. It has nothing to do with the board--it has to do with the fact that you have no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

    EDIT: Think about it. There are a couple people on the board that are nice enough to Suprefan--all of them just because they're just too nice to do otherwise--but is anyone on here ever nice to you? Doesn't that bother you at all? CAN'T YOU TAKE A FUCKING HINT?
    Like I said. You are the only person who thinks so. Why you continue to speak for other people like its fact is beyond me. Judging by the way you talk to people here coupled with your obvious lack of anything else to do we can all safely assume you are in fact the complete loser you have been pointed out to be.
    Way to go dipshit. You killed another fucking thread with your worthless bickering and asinine attacks on others. You turned another great discussion into utter garbage. Just because you hate yourself on the inside doesn't mean you need to project it outwards to others.

    Oh, and I dont know who you think even finds you remotely entertaining but they lied to you.....as usual.

    /thread

  16. #136

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    One of my friends and business partners ran the Rutgers illicits scene. They had a big basketball game coming up, Rutgers was slightly favored to win. In North Jersey, finding a bookie is about as easy as finding a pizza parlor. He and I thought it would be a good idea if he made an offering to a couple of the best players on the night before the game of his finest BC bud--as a thank-you in advance for the victory he was sure they delivered.

    Naturally, the weed was dusted. Rutgers lost bad. We made just under 20 grand.
    haha i bet you rigged coachella. that's why you're so confident zep is gonna be there. you offered paul a blowjob and he graciously accepted....then slapped the shit outta you.
    RESPEK

  17. #137
    old school Somewhat Damaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    5,289

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    EDIT: Think about it. There are a couple people on the board that are nice enough to Suprefan--all of them just because they're just too nice to do otherwise--but is anyone on here ever nice to you? Doesn't that bother you at all? CAN'T YOU TAKE A FUCKING HINT?
    As obnoxious as Randy must be in real life, shit like this is fucking hilarious. I'm entertained.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

  18. #138

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    First of all, this isn't my job, twats. It's something I do occasionally to supplement my income. And I don't see what's unfair about the market whatsoever. How is it not a fair market? Explain to me how in any way it is different than speculating in Beanie Babies or any other kind of collectible? Get off your fucking high horse, assholes. It's illegal in some states because they're trying to protect consumers from being sold fake tickets, that's why it's illegal. I don't sell fake tickets, I sell real tickets, and I don't price gouge, but even if I did I wouldn't give a fuck. You're telling me NO ONE should be allowed to purchase a good intending to resell it for a higher value later? Suppose someone sells a rare CD for a profit? Is that morally reprehensible too must becuase it's profiting off a fucking music fan?

    You people take an absurd view of the sanctity of music. Either stick to your position across the board on every issue or don't.
    alright, ive been trying to hold on my tongue on this whole thing cuz i knew a proper response would take way too much time, but since i finally have a minute, ill give you my opinion...

    i'll tell you the difference between scalping and your examples. beanie babies, stocks, etc. are investments. concert tickets are purchases. the difference is that investments, for the most part, dont have an end of life. sure, a beanie baby can gets its head ripped off, and a company can go under, but for the most part, all these examples you are using have the possibility of being bought/sold a million times, and they are primarily bought/sold for the sole reason of profit. concert tickets are not in the same boat. as soon as the concert is over, the ticket is worthless. they are purchased (by everybody except you scumbags) for the sole purchase of entertainment value. they are buying a ticket to experience art, one which expires. thats why its not the same. whoever buys that rare cd you're talking about can listen to it, enjoy it, then turn around and sell it again. you cant do that with a concert ticket.

    and the reason i say its not fair market is that you bastards fuck with the supply/demand. you act like your price is fair because there is so much demand for them that people will pay. if there were no scalpers, there would be much more supply in the first place, and hence much less demand. scalpers buy up all the tickets when they go onsale, creating tons of ticketless people who then have to turn to them just to buy tickets for 3 times the price. you act like these people were just too lazy to get on the ball and get tickets in the first place, but thats bullshit. if it werent for you, the average fan would have sooooo much longer to buy tickets through ticketmaster. ive been on tm.com for plenty of high profile shows refreshing just as the clock turns 10am (or whatever time they went onsale), just to get denied. then i look on ebay and their are plenty of tickets for 3 times the face value. so dont tell me i was too fuckin lazy to get tickets in the first place. i was on the ball, and if it werent for you pieces of shit, i would have got my ticket.

    seriously, imagine a world where when you tried to get tickets, you were only competing with other fans. can you imagine how much easier it would be to get tickets? i swear id have like front fuckin row at every show. but instead you shitdicks make sure that only the rich assholes are in the front row. cuz thats basically what you do...you scandalously snatch up the most of the good seats, then put them out of the reach of the average fan, and put them into the hands of the rich fans, which is fucked.

    i know its legal, but that doesnt make it ok. all im saying is that its immoral. and i can obviously tell that you dont give a fuck, since you admit to being a thief. i just want you to realize that even though its legal, scalping is just as low as the other shit you mention. that is all.

  19. #139

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Somebody's a comics geek...
    thanks for noticing. i wear the distinction with pride.
    "That's the most gangster punk rock shit out there."- Z-Trip showing his love for Paul Tollett

  20. #140

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I know who Quesada is, but I have no fucking idea what that is supposed to mean.

    Also, several of you have proven yourselves to be idiots quite thoroughly. I wish you would cut it out.
    you had posted about people on the board thinking someone is an idiot. i chimed in with my opinion of who is and isn't an idiot. i used Joey Q as an example because he hijacked Spider-Man from talented and respected writers and is currently directing the character into another Clone Saga.
    "That's the most gangster punk rock shit out there."- Z-Trip showing his love for Paul Tollett

  21. #141
    old school Somewhat Damaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    5,289

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    Quote Originally Posted by ghettojournalist View Post
    thanks for noticing. i wear the distinction with pride.
    I've got 600 comics (lots of X-Men & Spider-Man) from the '90s that I've been looking to unload to help pay some of the expenses from a movie I made last year. Might you be interested, or have connects with a comic book retailer that could be?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

  22. #142

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    One of my friends and business partners ran the Rutgers illicits scene. They had a big basketball game coming up, Rutgers was slightly favored to win. In North Jersey, finding a bookie is about as easy as finding a pizza parlor. He and I thought it would be a good idea if he made an offering to a couple of the best players on the night before the game of his finest BC bud--as a thank-you in advance for the victory he was sure they delivered.

    Naturally, the weed was dusted. Rutgers lost bad. We made just under 20 grand.
    btw, i think you are full of shit.

  23. #143
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,771

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    Quote Originally Posted by sexecutioner View Post
    alright, ive been trying to hold on my tongue on this whole thing cuz i knew a proper response would take way too much time, but since i finally have a minute, ill give you my opinion...

    i'll tell you the difference between scalping and your examples. beanie babies, stocks, etc. are investments. concert tickets are purchases. the difference is that investments, for the most part, dont have an end of life. sure, a beanie baby can gets its head ripped off, and a company can go under, but for the most part, all these examples you are using have the possibility of being bought/sold a million times, and they are primarily bought/sold for the sole reason of profit. concert tickets are not in the same boat. as soon as the concert is over, the ticket is worthless. they are purchased (by everybody except you scumbags) for the sole purchase of entertainment value. they are buying a ticket to experience art, one which expires. thats why its not the same. whoever buys that rare cd you're talking about can listen to it, enjoy it, then turn around and sell it again. you cant do that with a concert ticket.

    and the reason i say its not fair market is that you bastards fuck with the supply/demand. you act like your price is fair because there is so much demand for them that people will pay. if there were no scalpers, there would be much more supply in the first place, and hence much less demand. scalpers buy up all the tickets when they go onsale, creating tons of ticketless people who then have to turn to them just to buy tickets for 3 times the price. you act like these people were just too lazy to get on the ball and get tickets in the first place, but thats bullshit. if it werent for you, the average fan would have sooooo much longer to buy tickets through ticketmaster. ive been on tm.com for plenty of high profile shows refreshing just as the clock turns 10am (or whatever time they went onsale), just to get denied. then i look on ebay and their are plenty of tickets for 3 times the face value. so dont tell me i was too fuckin lazy to get tickets in the first place. i was on the ball, and if it werent for you pieces of shit, i would have got my ticket.

    seriously, imagine a world where when you tried to get tickets, you were only competing with other fans. can you imagine how much easier it would be to get tickets? i swear id have like front fuckin row at every show. but instead you shitdicks make sure that only the rich assholes are in the front row. cuz thats basically what you do...you scandalously snatch up the most of the good seats, then put them out of the reach of the average fan, and put them into the hands of the rich fans, which is fucked.

    i know its legal, but that doesnt make it ok. all im saying is that its immoral. and i can obviously tell that you dont give a fuck, since you admit to being a thief. i just want you to realize that even though its legal, scalping is just as low as the other shit you mention. that is all.
    The fact that tickets have a limited period of usability does not change that they are still simply a desired property that is first sold below true market value. I'll have to search online for it, but at my last job I had to try to find some hard data on the secondary ticket market and found an analysis conducted by a couple of Stanford economists.

    Their results showed that the secondary ticket market (scalpers) total gross income accounted for 1.65 percent of the primary market total. You fuckers all have it in your heads that scalpers are why tickets aren't available, and it's just not true. Scalpers acquire a very small amount of the tickets available (except perhaps in rare circumstances like huge bands playing 400 ticket shows or whatever).

    Also, who do you think most scalpers are? They're fans. That's why they're paying attention to when the concerts are happening. Professional scalpers (of which I am not, I just do it occasionally) are relatively few and far between. Also, ticket brokers place listing on ebay that aren't true. That's why you see them up the second the onsale is over.

    Most ticket brokers don't get their tickets on the onsale. They buy them up from other people. Sorry, but I've worked inside the beast and this grand evil notion you all have of them is fucking false. You don't know what you're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  24. #144

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    The fact that tickets have a limited period of usability does not change that they are still simply a desired property that is first sold below true market value. I'll have to search online for it, but at my last job I had to try to find some hard data on the secondary ticket market and found an analysis conducted by a couple of Stanford economists.

    Their results showed that the secondary ticket market (scalpers) total gross income accounted for 1.65 percent of the primary market total. You fuckers all have it in your heads that scalpers are why tickets aren't available, and it's just not true. Scalpers acquire a very small amount of the tickets available (except perhaps in rare circumstances like huge bands playing 400 ticket shows or whatever).

    Also, who do you think most scalpers are? They're fans. That's why they're paying attention to when the concerts are happening. Professional scalpers (of which I am not, I just do it occasionally) are relatively few and far between. Also, ticket brokers place listing on ebay that aren't true. That's why you see them up the second the onsale is over.

    Most ticket brokers don't get their tickets on the onsale. They buy them up from other people. Sorry, but I've worked inside the beast and this grand evil notion you all have of them is fucking false. You don't know what you're talking about.
    well show me some concrete numbers then. and im not just talking about legit ticket brokers. im talking about any douche that buys a ticket with the intent to resell it.

  25. #145
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,771

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    Right, right, let me find the report and I'll show you, have it up by the end of the day. I got some shit I need to do today, but I will find it. It surprised me as well. Until I read it I might have agreed with you. Still would have made money where I could, but agreed with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  26. #146
    Banned thelastgreatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Wasteland (LA)
    Posts
    12,771

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    Here you go, it's called The Welfare Effects Of Ticket Resale: http://www.stanford.edu/~asorense/pa...ember_2007.pdf

    Here are some of the facts presented inside in a summarized form 'cause it's a pretty dense economics paper (oh and I was a little incorrect in the 1.65 percent, because I forgot they had a limited sample--it's more like 2.3 percent)

    * Total revenue received by resellers at eBay and StubHub is averaged 6% of the primary market revenue; the maximum for any single event in their dataset is 37%.

    * Resellers are obtained an average markup of 40% over the face value, and a quarter of resold tickets obtained markups above 66% - but 28% of tickets were resold below face value.

    * Resold tickets were more likely to be tickets with higher face value, and more generally high quality seats were more likely to be resold than lower quality seats (even for tickets of the same face value).

    * Indeed, the authors conclude that unpriced seat quality was a significant driver of ticket resale activity.

    * Total profit (markup) obtained from ticket resale in our data is slightly over $1.5 million, or about 1.14% of total revenue in the primary market. Given that they observed an estimated half of resale activity, the actual values for their sample of concerts was probably closer to $3 million and 2.3% of the total.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

  27. #147
    Member karecares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    LA Bound
    Posts
    1,307

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    This is from an email I got today from a newsletter The Download


    Check out Saul Williams' cover of U2's "Sunday Bloody Sunday" from his new album, The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of Niggytardust here. Then go and download the Trent Reznor produced album on SaulWilliams.com for FREE!


    PERHAPS marketing may also be the problem with why this didn't work. I may not be on Madison Ave. and even I know that

  28. #148
    Bambi menikmati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    15,060

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    agree...every pop up/ad I see for this album, the words "FREE" are clearly visible and the main attraction.

  29. #149
    Coachella Junkie C DUB YA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,271

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    Perhaps, those are newer ads?
    The Glitter Freeze

    Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

  30. #150

    Default Re: REZNOR GIVES UP ON THE RADIOHEAD RELEASE MODEL?

    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Here you go, it's called The Welfare Effects Of Ticket Resale: http://www.stanford.edu/~asorense/pa...ember_2007.pdf

    Here are some of the facts presented inside in a summarized form 'cause it's a pretty dense economics paper (oh and I was a little incorrect in the 1.65 percent, because I forgot they had a limited sample--it's more like 2.3 percent)

    * Total revenue received by resellers at eBay and StubHub is averaged 6% of the primary market revenue; the maximum for any single event in their dataset is 37%.

    * Resellers are obtained an average markup of 40% over the face value, and a quarter of resold tickets obtained markups above 66% - but 28% of tickets were resold below face value.

    * Resold tickets were more likely to be tickets with higher face value, and more generally high quality seats were more likely to be resold than lower quality seats (even for tickets of the same face value).

    * Indeed, the authors conclude that unpriced seat quality was a significant driver of ticket resale activity.

    * Total profit (markup) obtained from ticket resale in our data is slightly over $1.5 million, or about 1.14% of total revenue in the primary market. Given that they observed an estimated half of resale activity, the actual values for their sample of concerts was probably closer to $3 million and 2.3% of the total.
    thats an interesting study. so i didnt read the whole thing, just your summary, and bits n pieces of it that i skimmed through. so here is my initial thoughts:

    first of all, just to put things in perspective, as you mention, they have a limited sample number. this includes ONLY ebay and stubhub. not only that, but its only from sellers they classify as ticket brokers, which they define as anybody who has 10 or more ticket auctions. so, not only did they leave out all other online outlets all together, but they also left out sales from the broker's actual stores, AND from all the small time douches who bought up some extra tickets to the show with the intent of selling them to make cash. so...its hard to say how much of actual scalping is represented in this sample. according to you (or maybe you are just referring to them), its about half. id guess its less than half, but thats just speculation.

    most importantly, you keep mentioning the amount of profit they make, but thats not really what concerns me. what i care about is the percentage of total tickets that are resold. so here is one section i read that relates to that:

    "We observe about 69,000 of the tickets purchased in the primary market being resold at eBay or StubHub (i.e. 3.9% of the number of tickets). As shown in Table 1, the maximum number of tickets resold for a given event is 3,130, or 17% of the tickets sold in the primary market. For most events the fraction of tickets resold is between 2% and 5%."

    so assuming its just half of the actual scalped tickets, that means that for most events, the precentage of tickets resold is between 4% and 10%. dont you think 10% is a huge percentage?? I fucking do! and thats just "most shows". the max was 34%!!! (assuming we double their number of 17%). Thats a fucking 1/3 of the tickets!! and yes, im sure some shows they included in the study had like 0% - 1%. but who gives a fuck about those shows anyway. obviously those shows arent very high demand, so this argument doesnt apply to them. im talking about the shows that sell out right away, the shows that I would guess make up the high end of the spectrum of shows they sampled.

    so in conclusion, we see that scalpers actually do take a good chunk of the tickets from the fans, just to resell them. this is pretty much what i said in the first place, and you have just helped show that you and your scalper buddies have been officially proven to be pieces of shit by stanford. its official! i win. thanks for playing.

Similar Threads

  1. Trent Reznor: 'Steal my music'
    By orbit in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 09:52 PM
  2. It's raining dead pregnant model/actresses....
    By tessalasset in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 09:33 AM
  3. what year and model vintage guitar does Denis Tek play?!!
    By whynotsmile99 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-20-2007, 06:42 AM
  4. america's next top model
    By chairmenmeow47 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 07:58 PM
  5. Trent Reznor would have been awesome
    By walkunafraid in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-26-2007, 07:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •