View Poll Results: CREATE A FESTIVAL - WILD CARD ROUND 2 - THE RAZZLE VS. FRINGE BEACH

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Razzle

19 30.65%
  • Fringe Beach

43 69.35%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CREATE A FESTIVAL - WILD CARD ROUND #2 - THE RAZZLE VS. FRINGE BEACH - FIXED VERSION

Default CREATE A FESTIVAL - WILD CARD ROUND #2 - THE RAZZLE VS. FRINGE BEACH - FIXED VERSION

Create A Festival - Wild Card Round #2 - The Razzle vs. Fringe Beach

Okay, here is the first match of the wild card round two. You're voting on which festival you like the best. Take into account any type of factor(s) you want. Which bands you like the best. The location. The ticket price. The extras. Pretend if you had one choice of going to a festival, and you were gonna spend your money on one of these, which would it be? Whatever the case, you're voting one of these into the next round!

Voting will last 3 days, and you're only allowed to vote if you have 200 posts or more (votes are public, so I'll know, so don't waste your time if you have less than 200 - unless you've entered a poster yourself). And NO alias voting. If I even suspect you to be an alias, you're votes won't count (sorry bug, abe, granny and more).

Choice #1

The Razzle

Ticket Price: $275.00
    Reunion Band: Sunny Day Real Estate
    Onsite Camping
    No Noise Curfew

Choice #2

Fringe Beach Festival

Ticket Price: $183.25
    Reunion Band: Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band
    Onsite Camping
    No Noise Curfew
    Open Taping

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL - WILD CARD ROUND 2 - THE RAZZLE VS. FRINGE BEACH

Okay, this is a FIXED version of the poll...sorry about earlier, I don't know how the option for multiple votes got selected, I swear that was unchecked. Who knows. Conspiracies. Anyway, have at it.

I feel like I've been given a new lease on life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to watch David Bowie and Bjork tangoing together with bubbles and tangerine streamers.

Im Still going with the Razzle

Anyway, I was gonna say earlier...I've been noticing a lot of "kiss of deaths" so far in this tourney.

Saturday at Razzle is the only consistently interesting day, but the other two there have some really great acts.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL - WILD CARD ROUND 2 - THE RAZZLE VS. FRINGE BEACH - FIXED VERSI

More bands I like: Fringe Beach
    Consistency: Fringe Beach is solid throughout, while Razzle has somewhat weak Friday and Sunday compared to its Saturday. But there are still some cool acts I want to see each day at Razzle, of course, it's just that I like Fringe more.
    Headliners: Oasis and Smashing Pumpkins aren't my favourite headliners, but I'd still check out both at a festival if nobody else was playing at the time. As for the others, I want to see Massive Attack more than Bjork again, but Bowie more than Zeppelin, so draw.
    Sub-headliners: Fringe Beach, but I'd rather hear MoMo play The Moon & Antarctica, personally, but hey, either way means less, if any, of that weak new material!
    Reunion: not really familiar at all with the music, but Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band is a really unexpected reunion, so Fringe
    Venue: both would be gorgeous, so draw
    Diversity: both have variety, but Fringe is more of the variety I like.
    Wild card: Fringe Festival has Asobi Seksu!

My winner: FRINGE BEACH

Razzle has solid headliners, some really great acts, and a few "eww" acts (I'm trying to be mature and not downvote any festivals solelyfor that, though), but Fringe and the unfortunately-voted-off-the-island Landlocked shine even brighter.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL - WILD CARD ROUND 2 - THE RAZZLE VS. FRINGE BEACH - FIXED VERSI

Fukkk Offf would be cool to see.

A lot of love for Lemon Jelly, Okkervil River, and my beloved Asobi Seksu being shown, so far. Hmmm....
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

one of the reasons I love doing this thing, is all the new bands I learn of and like from looking over all the posters....already, like 3-4 that I now like.

Fringe Beach is my favoirte so far. Modest Mouse performing "Lonesome Crowded West" did it for me. Lots of other great bands though.

Nothing wrong with Razzle though, definitely has the better headliners.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

the razzle overall------

but asobi seksu, bjork, bowie.... yummm
    je suis un extraterrestre

I really like the poster for Fringe Beach

Captain Beefheart! That was all I needed. Seriously.

The Razzle is great. But Fringe Beach has my vote. Lots of rare and unique acts, such as MM playing The Lonesome Crowded West, easily my fav MM album, Jamiroquai(!), The Prodigy and MADNESS are the other names that stand out to me. Among many others.
    As for headliners... I am not a big fan of Oasis, but I would take them any day of the nu-Smashing Pumpkins. The other two headliners on both are great.
    Also, it hurts for me to vote against a festival with Gogol Bordello and with M.I.A. But for Captain Beefheart, sacrifices must be made.

I also agree with Boourns. The poster looks great.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Well so in this contest I'm 1-2 in terms of endorsement,so I'm sure the poster/festival designers are hoping I side against their festival at this point...
    I like the Fringe Beach festival poster alot.It's got the cool tiki vibe going,with a nice simple layout that is very visually appealing.Just about everybody in this contest has a nicer poster than mine.But that is not how I'm voting (I voted against So of Co,even though I liked it's poster the best.)So here goes:
    More bands I like:I think Fringe takes this.I've got 7 of it's artists on mine,vs. 4 for Razzle.
    Headliners:Fringe Beach.I still like the idea of Zep at the castle,but the 3 at Fringe are all solid can't miss choices,and I don't think the Pumpkins and even Massive Attack are on the same level.To me Bowie=Led Zep,Bjork>Pumpins,and Oasis slightly >Massive Attack,and definitely more of a headliner for this kind of thing.
    Consistency:To me it seems they both have weak Fridays,and Razzle is packed on Sat,while Fringe saves it's best for Sunday (Bowie,Madness,Portishead,the Faint,BJM,the Avalanches.)Draw.
    Reunion:To me,it'd be more exciting to see Sunny Day Real Estate reunite.Captain Beefheart doesn't necessarily have to be with the Magic Band to get me excited.Razzle.
    Venue:Fiji trumps Ireland.Fringe.
    Diversity:They're both two of the most diverse festivals that I think we'll see in the contest.I think Fringe has a diversity that appeals more to me personally.
    Wild card:Madness was a really nice touch.Fringe.
    My winner:Fringe
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Do you want to continue talking about Lizards?

Im in love with Razzle's day 2....but did I read, Prodigy on Fringe!?!?! Guess who got my vote!

Despite my passionate hate for a certain headliner on Fringe, the rest of the lineup makes up for that. The Day 2 at Fringe is really solid and tons of great acts, and the Day 1 is very stable and has fun written all over it. The poster lay out is alot more inviting and nice to read. It feels less crowded. CAKE playing is pretty sick aswell. I look forward to taking my imaginary plane to this imaginary island called Fiji.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Fiji is real.I stopped there on the way to Australia.I looked out the window and it was raining and looked like an airport in the rain.But I bet it's real nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Do you want to continue talking about Lizards?

I've already reviewed Razzle, so this will be a small review...

I dig Fringe's poster, design, and font WAY more than Razzle. My biggest issue with Fringe is... Come on. BSS as a sub-headliner... I think Gnarls is more suited for that slot than BSS in terms of marketing, and that would make Fringe more believable to me.

The problem with Fringe is... Even on the lax Friday of Razzle (6 acts I want to see), it doesn't have the advantage band-wise, at least for me. (5 on that day). Saturday Razzle wins again, 12 to 7. However, Sunday Fringe has me, 11 to 8.

For me, both poster's Fridays aren't really appealing. But Razzle wins me over in this respect because it's lineup encourages me to come late and stay late, which Fringe doesn't. Fringe's Saturday, while perhaps not my most favorite Saturday, has probably the best top 4 of any poster thus far: Oasis, The Prodigy, Thom Yorke, Jay-Z. The only demographics not touched by that group are either country or irrelevant, or both. But though the Sat. conflicts will kill me at Razzle (and probably indemnify it in the set-times rounds), I'd rather see Massive Attack over Oasis... It's ridiculously hard to vote over Fringe's Sunday, as it overpowers Razzles...

Ugh... This is a nail-biter, because I honestly like Fringe... But my vote's going to Razzle, but I'm still sticking to my prediction that the first strong Friday it comes across knocks it out of the competition.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Fringe Beach only has one act on that i dislike (the twat in the hat aka jamiroquai), which is pretty amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

I didn't find a reason to vote for Razzle in the last round, and with the seeming inevitability of Portishead playing into David Bowie, Fringe takes my vote going away here. And I know some of you think it's silly to consider the ticket cost, but Fringe costs about $100 less and if that was part of the contest, it should be taken into consideration even if this is all just make believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

I will follow Bjork anywhere....plus you can't beat Captain Beefheart, David Bowie and a Thom Yorke solo...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

So far I've not seen any endorsements on any of the posters.It'll be interesting to see if anyone had to use them,and what the effects on voting might be...
    I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.

I actually don't like the Fringe beach one. It looks like a bad techno party flyer. The other poster is better.

Fringe Beach is a very excellent poster. While it borrows from the arrangement that Coachella used last year, the production values on it are very very very good. I have to give it up for that.

I voted Razzle last time. I am more familiar with a vast majority of the lineup at Razzle than FB. But, FB could be fun in that I could expose myself to new music.

Although FB is cheaper, both are in far away places that would be an expensive adventure to go to either so I dont really see spending an extra $100 for Razzle as that big of a deal.

But FB lacks EDM representation so I will have to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by full on idle View Post
    I actually don't like the Fringe beach one. It looks like a bad techno party flyer. The other poster is better.
    Har har

Quote Originally Posted by breakjaw View Post
    Reunion:To me,it'd be more exciting to see Sunny Day Real Estate reunite.Captain Beefheart doesn't necessarily have to be with the Magic Band to get me excited.Razzle.
    Actually, I think Captain Beefheart, with or without the magic band, would probably be considered a reunion act. He hasn't performed since 1982 after all. I would fly to Mongolia to see Captain Beefheart, with or without his magic band.
    I am surprised most people think Friday is the weak day at Fringe Beach. I would love to see Modest Mouse play The Lonesome Crowded West...however, whatever it takes to get them to perform less of We Were Dead... is good in my books. Not to mention the mighty Captain Beefheart, Jamiroquai, Cake, Aquabats, April March, Fukkk Offf, Mr. Oizo and Big D. Its just a shame M.I.A. is there. I cannot stand M.I.A.
    I also wish Fringe Beach had some acts like Battles, Holy Fuck, Bordomes, etc because A Place To Bury Strangers looks so out of place without any of those bands. Also, The Aggrolites would have been nice to see on the beach. Much better then in front of a castle anyways.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Bowie and Madness back together again for one night.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Fringe it is.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Bowie and Madness back together again for one night.
    Wait... Bowie and Madness have played together? Id kill to go back and see that.

Which festival will have a stage featuring the hottest up and coming indie rock acts, with some quality hip hop, reggae, and more thrown into the mix? In order words, which festival will have a stage like meeeeee?
    Hi! I'm Outdoor Theatre! You might remember me from such performances as Arcade Fire, At the Drive-in, Broken Social Scene, Jarvis Cocker, DJ Shadow, Mogwai, Sonic Youth, the Swell Season, and Underworld.