• Yes

198 51.43%
  • No

187 48.57%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: SMASHING PUMPKINS COACHELLA

Default Re: SMASHING PUMPKINS COACHELLA

Quote Originally Posted by brycerosen View Post
    Fuck yeah show some respect ppl, bjork sounds like yoko ono (bjork fans are too smug)
    please listen to YOKO ONO first, then give an opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by eviltwin View Post
    If the Pumpkins play, whateva', without Iha-Corgan is going to sound like a cover band singing his own songs-pathetic.
    I'm trying to make sense out of these garbled arrangement of words, but alas it is impossible.

Lurker

Thumbs down Re: SMASHING PUMPKINS COACHELLA

Get rid of Bjork I have no idea how she is popular I hate here voice is like someone is scratching a chalkboard with there nails just say not to Bjork

Quote Originally Posted by RisinOutlaw15 View Post
    just say not to Bjork
    this deserves a t-shirt

i can't believe this thread. i was intrigued to start, but then i saw that i was supposed to choose between the pumpkins and bjork, so i had to vote for bjork.
    and not because i dont want the pumpkins!

i would love to see the pumpkins play. that said, the pumpkins consist of billy corgan, jimmy chamberlain, james iha, and d'arcy wretzky for me. if pink floyd can patch up their differences for one performance, i'm sure that the pumpkins could, too.

there was another band featuring billy corgan and jimmy chamberlain, and it was called zwan. not the smashing pumpkins. i rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by i am towel View Post
    there was another band featuring billy corgan and jimmy chamberlain, and it was called zwan. not the smashing pumpkins. i rest my case.
    but they didn't play smashing pumpkins songs... so that was somehow completely different.

it would be rad if they played zwan and sp songs, both have some great ones.

Quote Originally Posted by i am towel View Post
    i can't believe this thread. i was intrigued to start, but then i saw that i was supposed to choose between the pumpkins and bjork, so i had to vote for bjork.
    and not because i dont want the pumpkins!

i would love to see the pumpkins play. that said, the pumpkins consist of billy corgan, jimmy chamberlain, james iha, and d'arcy wretzky for me. if pink floyd can patch up their differences for one performance, i'm sure that the pumpkins could, too.

there's a difference between pink floyd reuniting 20 years later for live 8, and the smashing pumpkins reuniting 5 years later for you.

oh i can't believe i read the whole thread.

please god!

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    bJroK is LikE sO StUpID!! You GuyS DON"T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT GOOD MUSIC!!! TheY DONT EVEN PLAY HER ON KROQ OMG SHE SUX SO BAD!!

RHCP IS INCREDABLE!!
    haha...yeah

well they have 2 more dates on europe and a new album coming out on 7-7-07 so yeah
    pictchfork said it
    as predicted by nostradamus

name of the album is Zeitgeist

I hate Billy......he is just going to tarnish the beautiful name that was the Smashing Pumpkins.......i really hate him.......

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow in a blender View Post
    I hate Billy......he is just going to tarnish the beautiful name that was the Smashing Pumpkins.......i really hate him.......
    why do you hate him? If it wasn't for him there would be no Smashing Pumpkins

True he did start, dream, write and play in/with the SP, but it was a group not a one man show....he is now taking the group name and using it to shine the sun on his fat bald head......I hate him.....the SP had "IT"...they broke up...Zwan took a swan dive, his solo album wasn't great , so he is reaching back for the one last 'good' thing he had...and by 'reuniting' the "Smashing Pumpkins" he's killing what it was......that is why I hate him.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow in a blender View Post
    True he did start, dream, write and play in/with the SP, but it was a group not a one man show....he is now taking the group name and using it to shine the sun on his fat bald head......I hate him.....the SP had "IT"...they broke up...Zwan took a swan dive, his solo album wasn't great , so he is reaching back for the one last 'good' thing he had...and by 'reuniting' the "Smashing Pumpkins" he's killing what it was......that is why I hate him.....
    again I will repeat that the 2 most vital members of the band are involved. James and D'Arcy weren't as important as everyone thinks. Plus if they get Melissa Auf Der Maur, it's good enough.

I'd say wait til Zeitgeist comes out before you judge

THIS IS ON POLLSTAR TODAY:
    It's shaping up to become the year of the reunion tour, with outings by The Police, Genesis, and Van Halen in the works. With a new album due to drop in July, the Smashing Pumpkins have added their name to the growing list.
    So far, the reunited Pumpkins are scheduled to play a slate of festivals in Europe in June including Germany's Rock am Ring and Rock im Park, Austria's Nova Rock Festivaland Switzerland's Greenfield Festival Specific dates for the Pumpkin's performance will be available on each festival's web site in the near future.
    Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan also dropped hints about a full-scale world tour on the band's MySpace page saying, "This year for us will see a new album of songs and a world tour of tears, and we truly look forward to playing again for fans young, old, and missed."
    Staying true to his um, quirky reputation, Corgan also announced that the Pumpkins' new album, Zeitgiest, will break with industry tradition and drop on 7/7/07, a Saturday. New albums are typically released on Tuesdays.
    The band split in 2000 when long brewing conflict between Corgan, and James Iha (guitars) and D'arcy Wretzky (bass) became intolerable.
    Corgan is calling this a reunion but the only other original band member confirmed to be back in the fold at the moment is drummer Jimmy Chamberlin.

They should just call it "Billy Corgan and Friends". James and Darcy are just as important as melonhead, c'mon kiss and make up you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by RATMan View Post
    They should just call it "Billy Corgan and Friends". James and Darcy are just as important as melonhead, c'mon kiss and make up you guys.
    except billy writes all the songs, sings (he has improved much), plays all the guitars and bass on the albums (james used to be more important in the earlier years)... its his band, he has never had a problem calling it that.

i wish it was the original lineup too, but it ain't happening.

I would love to see Smashing Pumpkins - but definetely not instead of Bjork. She's one of the main reasons I'm going!! She never tours in the US!

Lurker

Bjork obviously blows or the tickets for her show wouldn't be going for an astonishing 20 dollars on ebay - its a joke. The people have spoken and they don't give a shit about hearing her play

Quote Originally Posted by crazyasfuck View Post
    Bjork obviously blows or the tickets for her show wouldn't be going for an astonishing 20 dollars on ebay - its a joke. The people have spoken and they don't give a shit about hearing her play
    these $20 tickets?
    Last edited by Tylerdurden31; 02-09-2007 at 06:53 AM.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Tylerdurden31 View Post
    can't get there unless you have a password... what tickets are you talking about?? Coachella tickets, or her solo concert?

Quote Originally Posted by misskeek View Post
    can't get there unless you have a password... what tickets are you talking about?? Coachella tickets, or her solo concert?
    coachella...what solo concerts?

and i was being sarcastic...coachella tickets were ranging from 70 to 180 for that day

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Tylerdurden31 View Post
    coachella...what solo concerts?

and i was being sarcastic...coachella tickets were ranging from 70 to 180 for that day
    LIAR, LIAR, LIAR - maybe 70 dollars for a PAIR of tickets to Friday with Bjork as the "Headliner"

I've never seen Bjork with ANY instrument in her hand. How this merits her a headlining spot? I don't know.

and yeah, for 70 bucks a PAIR, I would do it. Just because I like Friday night the best.
    I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs, or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.

myspace.com/garbanzermusic

wow, a 50/50 split

As much as the Pumpkins have to offer, I think taking Bjork off the bill or putting her behind Pumpkins would take away from the Coachella vibe that has been established over the years.

Same with the Peppers. Sure, I like them, but I'm just not sure if Coachella is the place for them.

well... I'd like to see the Pumpkins for sure, but not replacing Bjork... I like Bjork!

Quote Originally Posted by jenga66 View Post
    I've never seen Bjork with ANY instrument in her hand. How this merits her a headlining spot? I don't know.
    where's the logic?