View Poll Results: CREATE A FESTIVAL - WILD CARD ROUND 1 - GREAT JUBILEE VS. SO OF CO

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great Jubilee

27 38.57%
  • So of Co Festival

43 61.43%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CREATE A FESTIVAL - WILD CARD ROUND 1 - GREAT JUBILLE VS. SO OF CO

Default CREATE A FESTIVAL - WILD CARD ROUND 1 - GREAT JUBILLE VS. SO OF CO

Create A Festival - Wild Card Round #1 - Great Jubilee vs. So of Co Festival

Okay, here is the second match of the wild card round. You're voting on which festival you like the best. Take into account any type of factor(s) you want. Which bands you like the best. The location. The ticket price. The extras. Pretend if you had one choice of going to a festival, and you were gonna spend your money on one of these, which would it be? Whatever the case, you're voting one of these into the next round!

Voting will last 3 days, and you're only allowed to vote if you have 200 posts or more (votes are public, so I'll know, so don't waste your time if you have less than 200 - unless you've entered a poster yourself). And NO alias voting. If I even suspect you to be an alias, you're votes won't count (sorry bug, abe, granny and more).

Choice #1

Great Jubilee

Ticket Price: $200.00
    Reunion Band: Husker Du
    Open Taping

Choice #2

So of Co Festival

Ticket Price: $195.00
    Reunion Band: The Stone Roses
    Onsite Camping
    No Noise Curfew

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL - WILD CARD ROUND 1 - GREAT JUBILLE VS. SO OF CO

tough decision with. a lot of similar ground but with better headliners and BOC. im going with so of co
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

Jubilee ftw on this one, Dj Jazzy Jeff and BUTTHOLE SURFERS!!!

I am going to have to write these out side by side and cross out the duplicates. BRB.

Yeah, many similar acts. Tough one.

Great Jubilee has DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist on saturday, and DJ Shadow on sunday.. Does it count as a repeat act?

Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin, AND Underworld? That's gonna be tough to top for me. I've never been to golden gate park though, and I imagine seeing Arcade Fire, White Stripes, Husker Du, EITS would be awesome.

Great Jubilee, it has Justice.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post

Great Jubilee has DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist on saturday, and DJ Shadow on sunday.. Does it count as a repeat act?
    well the sets would differ greatly so id see it twice if it was happening.

i wonder if they will be at coach together this year
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post

It was a tough call....but I think DJ Shadow and Cut Chemist have performed together before right, as a duo? So if that counted for one act, then having either Cut Chemist or DJ Shadow perform the next day solo , would be like having Radiohead and Thom Yorke on seperate days, which would have counted....this person just so happen to have both Cut Chemist and DJ Shadow play solo on different days, as well as the duo performance on the other day as well...so it all counts to me I think....kind of a loophole, but still within the rules I think. At least that was the reasoning I told myself.

I'm a little confused as to why Aphex was billed so low on So of Co though. But nonetheless, it doesn't factor into my vote or whatever...but right now, I'm leaning So of Co.

I've seen Cut Chemist solo and Cut Chemist with DJ Shadow, they were different shows but still similar enough to make me wonder if that's too much for one festival.

This is a tough one. I'm going to go with Jubilee because they have 17 unique acts I want to see vs 15 unique acts I want to see at So Co. Even though the David Bowie-Prince-Stone Roses headliner trifecta is so much better than the alternate. But we all have to make choices. And I wouldn't have to pay for transportation or lodging at Jubilee. And I'm fair-skinned and afraid of the playa.

Stone Roses gets it the win.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

The Stone Roses reunion would be a beautiful thing, but I think there's just a tiny bit more I'd like to see at Jubilee. Tough call, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Coachella Junkie

So thats who got the Stone Roses before I could....

So of Co has my vote because of...

Underworld
    Booka Shade
    Primal Scream
    Stone Roses
    Thievery Corporation
    Aphex Twin
    Lemon Jelly
    Mogwai
    Boards of Canada
    Mos Def/Talib Kweli
    Rabbit in the Moon
    Portishead

easy choice.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

It was super hard to not vote for Primal Scream.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Definarely Great Jubilee. It's in San Francisco, so that's a major sell...And Husker Du reunion ZOMGWTFHIGHSCHOOLLOL! Sold.

The So of Co poster confused me like major. Some cool bands...but yeah. Jubilee has way more of my all time favs.

Quote Originally Posted by full on idle View Post
    I've seen Cut Chemist solo and Cut Chemist with DJ Shadow, they were different shows but still similar enough to make me wonder if that's too much for one festival.

This is a tough one. I'm going to go with Jubilee because they have 17 unique acts I want to see vs 15 unique acts I want to see at So Co. Even though the David Bowie-Prince-Stone Roses headliner trifecta is so much better than the alternate. But we all have to make choices. And I wouldn't have to pay for transportation or lodging at Jubilee. And I'm fair-skinned and afraid of the playa.
    i have basically the same reasoning as you...more acts i want to see at jubilee...although the headliners and reunion are better at So Co...and San Fran is much closer and nicer than Nevada...

cool

Yes on the location thing, who the hell wants to go to Nevada to a fest? Luckily it isnt in Vegas or tose tickets wouldve cost more in real life.

It's too bad Husker Du is not performing at the Black Rock Desert.They could do Land Speed Record in it's entirety.
    Again,2 really well put together festivals,with great posters.
    More bands I like: This is where it's a real tough call,because they are both well stocked with imaginative choices.I'll go with Jubilee,because the geezer in me can't resist Television,Wire,Richard Thompson(I was tempted to have him and his ex-wife as my reunion act,but it was just too cruel and perverse) and Suicide.
    Headliners:So of Co.Gotta go with Bowie & Prince here.Plus The Stone Roses reunion would be a fairly big deal worthy of headlining something like this.
    Consistency:Jubilee has a very well spread out lineup.I would have to see the set times for So of Co before I made this decision however.I like the style of the So of Co poster,with all the acts listed like Lollapalooza does,and cannot penalize it for being boldly different,so I call this one a draw.
    Reunion:Wow,both great choices.This can make or break a festival,and I'm having a real hard time deciding this.I'd have to go with the fun of seeing Husker Du together again.I would also love to see Stone Roses,having only heard boots before.Jubilee.
    Venue:Jubilee,but the Playa would be a fun place to see all those acts.
    Diversity:Jubilee.Strawberry Alarm Clock!?But Zappa Plays Zappa was a nice touch also.
    Wild card:The Avalanches swings my vote to Jubilee

My winner:Jubilee
    but I think I like the poster for So of Co the most out of the ones I've seen so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Do you want to continue talking about Lizards?

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Yes on the location thing, who the hell wants to go to Nevada to a fest?
    60 000 people for Burning Man?

So of Co for me. Very little contest for me.

Day 3 is awesome at Jubille (Battles and Tomahwak) and Day 2 is pretty good too. Day 1 leaves something to be desire though.

So of Co is just a straight up solid line up with lots of rare and unique performances. Actually, I just reread the line up... damn! So of Co is good.
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

so of co. Awesome Poster. Good work to whoever did that. I like both of these line ups but so of co, just had more for me. Plus really strong headliners.

"so of co" pros:

Bowie
    Prince
    Stone Roses
    Portishead
    Underworld
    BOC
    Spiritualized
    Aphex Twin
    Mogwai
    Squarepusher
    Booka Shade
    Ellen Allien & Apparat

Jubilee pros

Husker du
    Panda Bear
    Donovan
    NEIL YOUNG & CRAZY HORSE (it was tough for me to vote against Jubilee for this reason)
    Leonard Cohen
    Television
    THE AVALANCHES
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

the chance of seeing Portishead play their new track Wicca in the Nevada desert is just so tempting too....So of Co is a strong lineup. But I still like Jubilee too, still haven't decided what I'm gonna do.

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    THE AVALANCHES
    Them alone almost changed my mind to vote for Jubilee...
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I know, I actually feel guilty for voting against a fest that has neil young and avalanches on the same day.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    I know, I actually feel guilty for voting against a fest that has neil young and avalanches on the same day.
    Knowing my luck... they would probably conflict anyways.

Wow, these are both really good. Let's see...
    More bands I like: definitely So of Co
    Headliners: So of Co
    Consistency: I have no idea what bands are playing what days at So of Co, so Jubilee
    Reunion: meh, draw
    Venue: Jubilee
    Diversity: both
    Wild card: So of Co has Asobi Seksu (if your lineup does not have Asobi Seksu and is up against a lineup that does, it's going to be a challenge to win my vote)
    Wild card 2: no on-site camping in San Fran would be hell because hotels cost a trillion dollars a night, but on the other hand it isn't feasible since...it's in San Fran, so nevermind
    Which would have fewer bros: both would be relatively bro free

Jubilee has a great lineup with some nice surprises (Leonard Cohen), but I think overall So of Co is extraordinary. I'd sell my right nut to go to that.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

if only i could be in two places at once
    hang the fucking d.j.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Knowing my luck... they would probably conflict anyways.
    Maybe not, avalanches is on the very bottom of the poster so I would imagine they would have an afternoon time slot.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!