Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I'm scared, excited, confused, worried, happy.........

Default Re: I'm scared, excited, confused, worried, happy.........

Marriage is a silly concept. Having to make a pledge to the world that you'll be together forever is silly. Women love it, I know, and the desire to make them happy by marrying them is understandable, but from a pragmatic perspective I think it puts undue strain on otherwise functioning relationships. If you want to join your finances and be able to make medical decisions for each other should one of you be incapacitated, get a civil union.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

You ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?

glamourdamaged.etsy.com

Does anyone know any diamond sellers they can hook me up with? Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour Damaged View Post
    Marriage just makes your relationship legal. I guess people just want security. Most girls see the big white dress, the cake, the party, the honeymoon. Most guys see legal documents, divorce, child support & alimony...
    I didn't see that shit. I saw security and having someone to be with. FUCK the wedding.

Seven years is a long fucking time, marooko. You should be married by now. I got married 9 months after I met my man.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Well that's how they used to do it back in the day. Kidding, kidding.

yeah, it has been a while. there was never any talk, pressure or need for it. now the time has come, and i will take action.

how long you two been together amyzzz?

Marooko, I just got engaged like 6 months ago. I have been with my woman for like 5 years. I was scared at first. I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her, but I just was unsure about marriage. She REALLY wanted to get married so I asked her to marry me. I guess I am indifferent about the whole marriage situation...To me marriage is a religious thing and kind of outdated. There are legal reasons to get married I guess, but as long as I am with her I dont care if we are married or not. So, if you really want to be with her the rest of your life then maybe you should get married, especially if she wants to.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

I saw pictures of the both of you. You look happy together, that's good. thank you for the input.

We're gonna go browse this weekend. I told her the other day, "Good thing I'm done paying for my car next month", we both laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    So what you're saying is, I'm an unattractive mean person and I shuld hurry up and buy the ring before it's too late?

I have no doubt of her being, or not being the one. What bothers me is the stress put upon us both for not being married. Is it for her and I?, or is it for everyone else?

No, that's not what I'm saying. I was pointing out that Sasha is lucky that he's a nice guy who's hot that has a girl that's so into him she's willing to wait around. Many women find that need to have someone make that commitment to them and if you're not willing to do that, you should let her know. Really, 7+ years is a long long time in womanland. And, if she's your age, she's probably starting to hear that internal clock ticking.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Well that's how they used to do it back in the day. Kidding, kidding.

yeah, it has been a while. there was never any talk, pressure or need for it. now the time has come, and i will take action.

how long you two been together amyzzz?
    Yeah, we dated for a pretty short time, and I realize that, but we've now been married for 8 years. I guess we haven't been together for much longer than you and your girlfriend have. We only married so quickly cuz I got knocked up (my bad). I think we would've gotten married anyway but maybe 6 months later. We're happy together in any case.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    No, that's not what I'm saying. I was pointing out that Sasha is lucky that he's a nice guy who's hot that has a girl that's so into him she's willing to wait around. Many women find that need to have someone make that commitment to them and if you're not willing to do that, you should let her know. Really, 7+ years is a long long time in womanland. And, if she's your age, she's probably starting to hear that internal clock ticking.
    I was just kidding, I didn't think that was what you ment.

It's not like it's never been a topic of discussion. We have talked about it a few times and neither of us were concerned about taking that step anytime soon. It was brought up over the weekend (which was he second time in 2 months), so I asked about it. We talked, and now I gotta do what i gotta do. Which is go get her the baddest rock I can possibly afford. I think I'm looking at 3-6 g's. It just makes me laugh (the price, not the situation).

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    We're happy together in any case.
    and thats the ultimate goal. im happy for you both.

I was just kidding, I didn't think that was what you ment.

It's not like it's never been a topic of discussion. We have talked about it a few times and neither of us were concerned about taking that step anytime soon. It was brought up over the weekend (which was he second time in 2 months), so I asked about it. We talked, and now I gotta do what i gotta do. Which is go get her the baddest rock I can possibly afford. I think I'm looking at 3-6 g's. It just makes me laugh (the price, not the situation).
    Rule of thumb: 3 x your gross monthly salary = appropriate ring cost.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Hey Marooko, take Amy's advice--get married ASAP, or else you might not end up with... Amy... for the rest of your life...

Dude, have you considered confirmed bachelorhood? Or just coming out of the closet?

Does anyone know any diamond sellers they can hook me up with? Seriously.
    bluenile.com is one of the best i have ever purchased from. seriously the best prices and quality you can find anywhere. i just bought my girlfriend a ring and it was amazing. when comparing it to other stores/sites it blew them all away in every category. you can't go wrong with 'em.

here's what i got her, diamonds in a platinum band:

it was $950 through them, for comparable rings from other retailers i would have paid more for way less quality in both diamond and metal.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 12-27-2007 at 07:24 PM.

Tradition is the mother of vice.

Just sayin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by **NaNcY** View Post
    Phoenix the band?

I saw pictures of the both of you. You look happy together, that's good. thank you for the input.

We're gonna go browse this weekend. I told her the other day, "Good thing I'm done paying for my car next month", we both laughed.
    Don't you know any Jews, for Christ's sake? That's one of our prime functions.

SHOULD YOU USE JEWS?

a brief guide

Do you need a scapegoat for your Eastern European nation's crippling depression?
    USE JEWS!

Does your problem involve high-level maths, sciences, the practice of law or medicine?
    USE JEWS!

Did the Pharoah order you to design and build several stone pyramids larger than your racial handicap can let you fathom?
    USE JEWS!

Is it supposed to be funny?
    USE JEWS!

Having trouble thinking of a way to make inordinate amounts of money off talented entertainers?
    USE JEWS!

Want your organized crime outfit to start turning substantial profits instead of Italian profits?
    USE JEWS!

Need a jewel but don't want to pay those absurd retail prices you know are total bullshit--everyone knows the Jews are just hoarding all the "precious" stones but only letting out enough to keep up the illusion of rarity?
    USE JEWS! (namely, ask a good Jewish friend who isn't that Jew-y but who has an Uncle in the diamond business--don't worry, he does)

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    bluenile.com is one of the best i have ever purchased from.
    He's right. I'm in the jewelry business, and this is the best site you can order from.

Also, this is completely stupid and I hate it.

The family pressure suxs! now they want to know when your getting married-then you will start getting hounded for where the grand kids at.

OH YEAH, I havent seen any mention about the sex life once you've been married.

Scared and confused are not good things sweetie!
    Dont give into the pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    So, what's the new rule? That was always the one I hears.

Banned

Thank god someone said it. That rule is fucking bullshit, you want a guy not to marry you throw that rule around. Its tough when you are young to buy a ring especially when you are getting on your feet. Thats what anniversaries are for, upgrading your jewelery collection. Modesty is a good thing. Im not saying being a cheap SOB but there is always time to upgrade.

I wasn't quoting it to be greedy-that's just what I've always heard...just like the rule that the cost of your home should never be more than 3x your yearly gross salary.

Banned

where did you hear the rule? Its a hyped up rule from the diamond industry. So if the guy is making $4000 a month the ring needs to be $12,000? and if its not? he doesn't love you?

"The diamond engagement ring did not become the standard it is considered today until after an extensive marketing campaign by De Beers in the middle of the 20th century, which came to include one of the most famous advertising slogans of the 20th century: “A Diamond is Forever”."

Banned

A conventional buying price ranging from two weeks to three months wages for a ring guideline originated from De Beers marketing materials in the early 20th century, in an effort to increase the sale of diamonds. [8] While some couples follow this guideline, many others spend less than two months salary, preferring to save for a house or more practical purchase. It should also be noted that there is a dramatic price increase beyond 0.99 carats (198 mg), which may create a "dead zone" where a prospective groom will have difficulty locating a diamond that matches the "two months salary" guideline

If someone has to spend more than they are comfortable with on a ring before they can even propose, they're going to be going into it with some extra apprehension just from that. It shouldn't cause any stress. It's just a goddamn ring. It's not that important. There will always be rings.

i always heard 2. my girlfriend told me its now 3, i said yeah right.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    bluenile.com is one of the best i have ever purchased from. seriously the best prices and quality you can find anywhere. i just bought my girlfriend a ring and it was amazing. when comparing it to other stores/sites it blew them all away in every category. you can't go wrong with 'em.

here's what i got her, diamonds in a platinum band:

it was $950 through them, for comparable rings from other retailers i would have paid more for way less quality in both diamond and metal.
    thats pretty awesome. would you mind pm'ing me the specs?

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Don't you know any Jews, for Christ's sake? That's one of our prime functions.

SHOULD YOU USE JEWS?

a brief guide

Do you need a scapegoat for your Eastern European nation's crippling depression?
    USE JEWS!

Does your problem involve high-level maths, sciences, the practice of law or medicine?
    USE JEWS!

Did the Pharoah order you to design and build several stone pyramids larger than your racial handicap can let you fathom?
    USE JEWS!

Is it supposed to be funny?
    USE JEWS!

Having trouble thinking of a way to make inordinate amounts of money off talented entertainers?
    USE JEWS!

Want your organized crime outfit to start turning substantial profits instead of Italian profits?
    USE JEWS!

Need a jewel but don't want to pay those absurd retail prices you know are total bullshit--everyone knows the Jews are just hoarding all the "precious" stones but only letting out enough to keep up the illusion of rarity?
    USE JEWS! (namely, ask a good Jewish friend who isn't that Jew-y but who has an Uncle in the diamond business--don't worry, he does)
    so funny.

you got an uncle in the diamond business?

He's right. I'm in the jewelry business, and this is the best site you can order from.
    see, im looking to talk to someone like you who might have better connections than a store. im waiting to get someones number now, but you can never know enough people.

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrl View Post
    The family pressure suxs! now they want to know when your getting married-then you will start getting hounded for where the grand kids at.

OH YEAH, I havent seen any mention about the sex life once you've been married.

Scared and confused are not good things sweetie!
    Dont give into the pressure.

noone knows yet. theres not even a ring.

we've been living together for 5+ years, i already know about this.

not scared and confused. thought i was, but there weren't any feelings to go with the thoughts.

Hannah, just curious--do rings appreciate in value or depreciate?

Well, it depends on what it's made of. Lately, precious metal prices have shot up through the roof, but they go down as well. It's going to fluctuate. You're relying on the market to determine that whatever the material is is more valuable in the long run. Which happens most of the time, because hey. Things get expensive.

It's not necessarily going to be worth more in the future, but the amount of money that will be necessary to buy something of that worth is going to increase. You'll get more money selling it in twenty years, but that amount will most likely buy the same amount of stuff that you could buy with the cost of your ring now.

If something were to become extremely rare, it would up the value of your ring. Take Tanzanite, for example. It didn't used to be that expensive. But now people are realizing that there's a very limited supply and once it's gone, it's gone. So Tanzanite prices have skyrocketed.

On the same token, if whatever your ring is made of becomes extremely ubiquitous, it's not going to be worth as much.

Supply and demand. Common sense.

Banned

Im currently investing in a venture that mines precious metals from Mars. 2032 look out ladies. Our slogan will be "A Mars rock is eternal".

looking for investors?