Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any rituals traditions performed inside the venue, outside?

Default Any rituals traditions performed inside the venue, outside?

i know my best friend goes and eats a gyro. i always buy a lineup poster the first day.

do u do something special every year?
    coachella vet: 02, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09......
    http://mrgwillgo.blogspot.com/

Default Re: Any rituals traditions performed inside the venue, outside?

I always nap in the blue room.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

The murder capital where we murder for capital

New avatar? No "best thread ever".

Holy shit it's a new fuckin' you!

on day one i always get there early, and buy my tshirt first thing. then i walk up to the main stage and check out the design. then i take a quick walk around from one end of the field to the other, check out the art, check the sahara setup, make meeting points, and get ready for the show.

i always try to see the act that opens the entire festival. i liked flosstradamus last year.

We have a lot of coachella traditions, this is the fifth year that i've gone and it seems that every year we add a tradition.

The night before coachella.

First stop and light a candle in the Food 4 Less parking lot where we spent the night because we couldn't find a hotel room.
    Then we all head over to Rockafire Pizza and get drunk and cheer for the animated muppet concert like it was a real thing.
    Just before we go to sleep we all pile in the cars and take a drive around the polo grounds, its great to see the looks on the Coachella Virgin's faces when the see the polo groounds all lit up.

The only other tradition we have is the frozen lemonade ceremony.
    The first spoonful of your first frozen lemonade of the festival must be tossed to the ground in a ceremony of giving back to the polo grounds.
    I miss Bill Hicks.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by All That I Am View Post
    Just before we go to sleep we all pile in the cars and take a drive around the polo grounds.
    we can do that?!

The only other tradition we have is the frozen lemonade ceremony. The first spoonful of your first frozen lemonade of the festival must be tossed to the ground in a ceremony of giving back to the polo grounds.
    I'm sure the polo grounds appreciate that. lol.

The only other tradition we have is the frozen lemonade ceremony.
    The first spoonful of your first frozen lemonade of the festival must be tossed to the ground in a ceremony of giving back to the polo grounds.

So if I find a blob of frozen lemonade on the ground, I'll know its you haha.

Coachella eve we have a bbq at the momo celebrating our arrival and the indulgence of ear candy we are about to experience for the duration of the weekend

first thing I do when walking into the venue is take off my shoes and get the line up booklet...I love those little guys and grab enough for me, my souvenir and to pass to newbies who don't know what time it is!!!

I pray, honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

^^^that you won't die or to be lucky enough to get laid or at least hand job'd on the field???

I usually grab a bunch of coachella booklets. It's not my fault if you didn't get one because you arrived too late! (or only went the last day)
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Fucking Amy...no wonder I never get one of those things.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

outside - consume as many cold bud lights (the hydrating beer) as possible on trek from car to gate

inside - run to first band I gotta see's stage because too much time was spent on outside ritual

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by meyouseek View Post
    outside - consume as many cold bud lights (the hydrating beer) as possible on trek from car to gate...
    I know this one well, which leads to our tradition of having to rush to the air-conditioned bathroom trailer as soon as we get through the entrance.

Well, seeing as Suffacated helps out with keeping the reefers fueled and the beer at the venue cold, he gets an earlier start to the fest. I, on the other hand, and according to lineups and desires, choose to peer over the wall of our place and watch the traffic and excitement go by until I feel it's time to saunter on down the road anmd join in on the festivities. That's the ritual part...Traditionally, with the amount of people there, we then meet at our favorite area in the front right hand side of the Sahara Stage to see if friends we've made from the years before have made the trek again....From then on, we dance united throughout the rest of the fest. When the reefers need to be fed fuel, he goes while I cruise around checking out the scenery and good vibes from festival goers, then back to the Sahara for out traditional meetup again.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

In-N-Out Burger... every day.

I know, they aren't the greatest but we don't have them in Alaska or much else good for that matter.

On the first day I always roll a joint. I smoke the joint and drink about a six pack of beer on my way from either the campgrounds or my car to the entrance. Last year I didn't finish the joint so I had to stop at the porta potties near the camping entrance to do so. I almost had heatstroke in there. I chase the beer with a couple of bottles of water for hydration. Then once inside I take a stroll around the perimeter and then plop myself down in the Sahara tent and light up another joint.

Quote Originally Posted by Botrocker View Post
    On the first day I always roll a joint. I smoke the joint and drink about a six pack of beer on my way from either the campgrounds or my car to the entrance. Last year I didn't finish the joint so I had to stop at the porta potties near the camping entrance to do so. I almost had heatstroke in there. I chase the beer with a couple of bottles of water for hydration. Then once inside I take a stroll around the perimeter and then plop myself down in the Sahara tent and light up another joint.
    Intriguing. Really.

On the first day I always have to have a slice of Spicy Pie and a Barrett's Lemonade.

Every morning before we leave the campground to go to the venue we drink an entire fifth of Jack and distribute another fifth to many flasks to sneak in. Once inside we immediately get the little booklet things and go our seperate ways depending on who wants to see what. We reconvene for lunch at the greek vendor and all get gyros and frozen lemonade. Also, if there is a band that someone does not want to watch they go to the Sahara tent usually someone from our group is always there at some point during the day.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Every year I stuff drugs into my shoes until it hurts when I walk through the gates, then I b-line for the port-o-potties and unload. On day two I always have a naanwich but last year I got stiffed. No naanwiches. They better bring them shits back this year.

Thinking about drinking Jack in the heat makes me wanna barf. More power to you for being able to keep it down.

I always see Perry Farrell's set, no matter what. I feel like I'm not at Coachella until I do that, and I'm not a big fan of his by any stretch of the imagination.

I always get roasted corn on the cob... mmmm.

I use the same booklet every day, mark which sets I've seen and then keep it for posterity. At the end of the festival it's totally grimy and used up, but that's the whole point. Maybe one day I'll frame the ones I have.

1.We head over to a jack in the box ,we dont have them in chicago anymore
    2.after we get in I head over to a trailer potty , before they get nasty
    3.look for a lil coach booklet
    4. head toward the sahara & split up from there.

This is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Thinking about drinking Jack in the heat makes me wanna barf. More power to you for being able to keep it down.
    Its actually not that bad, in fact it can be quite refreshing after taking a shower. We keep all the bottles in a giant cooler so they are always nice and cold.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

I don't really have any. I tried to start one this year by bringing bbq chips from Trader Joes and Uno, but nobody was down for either.

I guess, if anything, my new tradition will be standing by the trees at the entrance scoping out the site, getting a booklet, buying a shirt or poster before they run out, and then immediately looking for bbq. That, and smuggling a beer out of the beer garden for an underage camp buddy.
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Nothing special, but the first thing is to grab the booklet and some water. Then, we go look at the art exhibits and take pictures of the empty polo fields and tents. Next, we go wait at the stage with the first band.

IHOP
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

Usually drink the blood of the goat we just slaughted in the parking lot, kill a hippie or two.

Then we pray to this guy,

blast some Mika from our car and get a frozen lemonade
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

Carpathian kitten loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop