Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primavera 08

Default Primavera 08

I went to this festival in Barcelona for the first time last year and had a great time, so i'm planning to go again next year. First bands have just been released (and there was a lot of crossover with Coachella last year, so expect to see a few of these in Indio too)

The tickets are very cheap (80 euro for 3 days) and they even take paypal.

MISSION OF BURMA
    OKKERVIL RIVER
    ERIC'S TRIP
    MODEL 500
    SCOUT NIBLETT
    CLIPSE
    SHIPPING NEWS
    HOLLY GOLIGHTLY & THE BROKEOFFS
    THE FELICE BROTHERS
    MAN MAN
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Default Re: Primavera 08

HI I WANT TO GO TO THIS OK THANKS.

PS for people (like me) not in the know who have to look it up:
    May 29-31
    http://www.primaverasound.com/index....ma=en&sec=home

Oops. Yes, i probably should have supplied some more info.

Anyway, there is 6 stages, plus an acoustic auditorium (acoustic sets with no sound bleed are blissful). The shows start around 4pm (when it's starting to get a little cooler) and go on til 6am. No palm trees, but if you are at the second stage, you get to watch the sunset over the mediterranean.
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Thanks Chris. What are the set times like? Around what time do the headliners tend to play?

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

im gonna be going to that.
    je suis un extraterrestre

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Thanks Chris. What are the set times like? Around what time do the headliners tend to play?
    Because they have so many stages, the set times are different on each. The main stage only has 4 or 5 bands on, but they all do sets anything up to 90 minutes. The smaller stages have more Coachellaesque set times. Main stage is normally over by 4am.

You get rocket men walking through the crowds too, filling up your beer, so you don't need to give up your prime slot to go get a drink.

Also, you can leave the grounds at any time (you get a credit card style passout with a barcode on, which they scan in and out) and there is a huge shopping mall on the opposite side of the road, with a massive food court. Plenty of Tapas opportunity.

Well, just got my tickets. They go up in price on the 15th Jan, so if anyone intends on going over, get them before then.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

can you make it to spain by rail from the UK?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    can you make it to spain by rail from the UK?
    It would be cheaper (and quicker) to fly, but you can rail it if you really want to.

I can't believe Portishead are playing on the ATP stage. It's the equivalent of them headlining the mojave.

Updated Lineup

Clipse » Les Savy Fav » Portishead » Deerhunter » Man Man » Scout Niblett » Edan & MC Dagha » Mission Of Burma » Shipping News » Eric's Trip » Model 500 » Silver Jews » The Felice Brothers » MV & EE with The Golden Road » Six Organs Of Admittance » Fuck Buttons » Okkervil River » Holly Golightly & The Brokeoffs » Pissed Jeans »

A wet, broken, cardboard box in New Yawk Shitty

I so want to go to that!!
    Without music life would be a mistake. - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Your thermos would fit nice in my lunchbox....

Us on hard drugs? That would be horrible. We'd probably end up sounding like Bryan Adams. - Thom Yorke

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    It would be cheaper (and quicker) to fly, but you can rail it if you really want to.

I can't believe Portishead are playing on the ATP stage. It's the equivalent of them headlining the mojave.

Updated Lineup

Clipse » Les Savy Fav » Portishead » Deerhunter » Man Man » Scout Niblett » Edan & MC Dagha » Mission Of Burma » Shipping News » Eric's Trip » Model 500 » Silver Jews » The Felice Brothers » MV & EE with The Golden Road » Six Organs Of Admittance » Fuck Buttons » Okkervil River » Holly Golightly & The Brokeoffs » Pissed Jeans »
    That is true I guess..I heard flights around europe are wicked cheap....
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

I totally thought you were talking about a construction management software I work with!!!

Among the artists announced, it stands out the inclusion of the only show in Spain scheduled for this year of the British band Portishead, one of the most desired come backs of the past ten years. The band of Beth Gibbons and Geoff Barrow will offer two concerts in Estrella Damm Primavera Sound: one of them in an main stage and the second one in the Parc del Fòrum Auditorium, another day during the music event.
    From the official site. 2 Portishead sets. The Auditorium is normally filled with acoustic sets/artists.

Full lineup is revealed on Friday.

OK - they just held a press conference (in spanish - deja vu). Here is what was mentioned (in addition to what they already announced)

Portishead
    Young marble giants
    Public Enemy play DLB It takes a nation of millions...
    A place to bury strangers
    Autolux
    Bishop Allen
    Deerhunter
    Atlas sound
    Fanfarlo
    Go Team
    Lightspeed champion
    Menomena
    Midnight Juggernaughts
    Om
    Pissed Jeans
    Simian Mobile Disco
    Animal Collective
    Bill Calahan
    Boris
    caribou
    Dirty Proyectors
    Enon
    Bob Mould
    The Notwist
    Rufus Wainwright
    Stephen Malkmus
    Dirty Projectors
    Why?
    Cat Power
    Nick Lowe
    Tindersticks
    Vortice
    Tarántula
    Tachenko
    Madee
    It's not not
    Grande Marlaska
    Les Aus
    Mazoni
    Veracruz
    El Guincho
    Subterranean Kids
    Gentle Music Man
    Dj Funk

I'm rather overjoyed at the prospect of Tindersticks, and the PE Dont Look Back set.

Finally - The full monty......

808 State, A Place To Bury Strangers, Alan Braxe, Animal Collective, Apparat Band, Dj Assault, Atlas Sound, Autolux, Awesome Color, Bill Callahan, Bishop Allen, Bob Mould Band, Bon Iver, Boris, Buffalo Tom, Caribou, Cat Power, Clipse, The Cribs, De La Soul, Deerhunter, Digital Mystikz, Dinosaur Jr., Dirty Projectors, Dr. Octagon aka Kool Keith + Kutmasta Kurt, Edan & MC Dagha, El Guincho, Ellen Allien, Enon, Eric's Trip, Fanfarlo, The Felice Brothers, Fuck Buttons, Dj Funk, Gentle Music Men, The Go! Team, Grande-Marlaska, Health, Holly Golightly & The Brokeoffs, It's Not Not, Kavinsky, Kinski, Les Savy Fav, Lightspeed Champion, Madee, Man Man, The Mary Onettes, Mary Weiss, The Marzipan Man, Menomena, Messer Chups, Midnight Juggernauts, Mission Of Burma, Mixmaster Mike, Model 500, MV & EE with The Golden Road, Nick Lowe, No Age, The Notwist, Okkervil River, Om, Para One, Pissed Jeans, Polvo, Port O'Brien, Portishead, Prinzhorn Dance School, Public Enemy performing It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back, Robert Hood, Rufus Wainwright, The Rumble Strips, Scout Niblett, Sebadoh, Shipping News, Silver Jews, Simian Mobile Disco, Six Organs Of Admittance, Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks, The Strange Death Of Liberal England, Subterranean Kids, Supermayer, Surkin, The Swell Season, Tachenko, Tarántula, Throbbing Gristle, Tiefschwarz, Tindersticks, Träd Gräs och Stenar, Vampire Weekend, Vórtice, Voxtrot, White Williams, Why?, Young Marble Giants.

I wonder if everyone on the Primavera boards are crying over the lack of big names, or just chuffed that so many excellent bands are in one place.

Throbbing Gristle no fuckin way

I wish they would hit the states
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceArthur32 View Post
    theres nothing gay about snowballing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8klW9trVTQ

I know it's not for everyone, but I love this. I wish I could go to this the festival already sounded great, but damn THROBBING GRISTLE they've only done like 30 live shows ever.

Portishead...hmm

That is an excellent lineup. I wish I could go.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Menomena, Boris, Dinosaur Jr., Enon, Ellen Allien, Why?, Sebadoh. OMG. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.

God I wish I could afford to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Is everyone just skipping over my post. We will all see Portishead at Coachella. Throbbing Fuckin Gristle is playing, that never happens ever. As I've mentioned before they've only done like 30 live shows ever and they've been around since the 70s.

Please Mr. Tollett could you possibly get Throbbing Gristle, Faith No More, Aphex Twin, and The Knife for next year? I will forever be in your debt.

Throbbing Gristle played around the UK (and I think Germany too?) last year. I know cuz I saw them.

I really want to go to Primavera sometime... if only I didn't already commit to friends that I was going to Sasquatch.. I'm really thinking of just going to these back to back.

Mixmaster Mike and Public Enemy are probably the ones acts on that lineup id Really like to see...the rest i can see at Coachella, or dont care about.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by gratytrainridesagain View Post
    Is everyone just skipping over my post. We will all see Portishead at Coachella.
    Can you see Portishead do 2 sets at Coachella? One of which is in a soundproof acoustic auditorium......

Thought not.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I'm actually going to be in europe at this time. I think I will be in the uk around that time... I could feasibly go. it looks like about a $170 flight to get me there. I just don't know if I will be able to find anyone else who wants to go. hmm. how much is the festival? they haven't released a day by day itinerary yet. hmm.

Coachella Junkie

This lineup is fucking amazing. Talk more about it.

Seriously, I wish I could go to this.
    Throbbing Gristle would be quite fun to see. The whole lineup is devastating.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I wish I didn't already have plans to go to Sasquatch, and wish this was later in the year.

To be honest, each year I've looked the Primavera lineup has been incredible. Maybe I should just plan vacation around this next year.

Coachella Junkie

It confuses me to look at that list. It's confusing. Why is my brain in Barcelona. How can this happen?