Page 259 of 285 FirstFirst ... 254255256257258259260261262263264 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,770 of 8536

Thread: The Bad Mood Thread

Default Re: The Bad Mood Thread

You can take Tylenol and ibuprofen at the same time and it will have a much better effect than just doing one or the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Two of my best friends (married to each other) just had their first baby yesterday...and today the baby has to have open heart surgery. What the fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

VigoTheCarpathian

that's the pits.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    You can take Tylenol and ibuprofen at the same time and it will have a much better effect than just doing one or the other.
    I am thinking of doing this to lessen the pain I feel for muscles aches. I worked out yesterday like usual, but this time I added inclining into the mix. My left leg is fucking killing me. It feels like a cramp that won't go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotoats View Post
    I am thinking of doing this to lessen the pain I feel for muscles aches. I worked out yesterday like usual, but this time I added inclining into the mix. My left leg is fucking killing me. It feels like a cramp that won't go away.
    The combination of the pain relief and anti inflammatory properties of ibuprofen should help a lot. Give it a try. My hubby is a nurse and he suggests this all the time.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    Two of my best friends (married to each other) just had their first baby yesterday...and today the baby has to have open heart surgery. What the fuck.
    Aww, that's awful. I hope the surgery goes well. Poor baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Ugh that is awful. They must be so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    this sucks and is scary and all. but open heart surgery in infants is fairly common and is far better than the alternative. also, i have read that because infants don't have much muscle mass, they don't 'pull' at the wound so much and so the pain (recovery from opening the rib cage through the sternum) is actually much less than it would be in adults.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Yeah, the surgery has a good survival rate but that's for the 'best case' scenarios where typically the surgery can wait for a month or so. This time it was emergently necessary, and there's some kind of obstruction...she's in surgery right now, we're all glued to our phones for updates.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Agreed that the surgical retractions/healing are much better than for adults because babies are made of pudding.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

I have a friend from high school--a sweet girl who seemed mostly concerned with life consisting of many soft puppies and trips to the beach--who went into nursing. When it came time for her to pick a particular branch of nursing to go into, she went with the most ICU level of pediatric nursing there is, can't remember the actual name of it. Basically, the division you go into to spend your days caring for babies that have horrible shit wrong with them or have to have surgeries and other scary shit like that.

I questioned her about it, astonished as to how anyone would CHOOSE that for their career. Seems like a real bummer to throw into your day. Her explanation was kind of interesting--apparently, caring for newborns that have HUGE medical problems you will actually experience a much higher success rate (fewer dead patients) than in almost any other branch of nursing. Nursing incredibly sick babies is apparently more encouraging than nursing your average adult.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Definitely true, although the deaths of those so young also affect the caregivers to a much greater degre, at least from those I've spoken with.

Her position was that it was more encouraging to deal with a smaller number of probably sadder deaths than it was to do what most nurses have to do all day which is tend to old or sick people who you just know are going to die sooner or later. The infants had a good shot.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Attended the funeral yesterday of my wife's high school friend. 38 years old, cancer victim. Hardest part was when the speakers would talk to his son, who is about the age of my daughter. With my health issues I couldn't help but picture that being my kids with me in a box up front. Lost it several times. Depressing as it gets. Another friend of my wife met us there, too. Mid 30's and in the middle of cancer treatments himself.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 02-22-2013 at 12:41 PM.

In other words, Steve--people like yourself are bumming out nurses left and right. Cut the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    In other words, Steve--people like yourself are bumming out nurses left and right. Cut the shit.
    Nurses love me, I'm so low maintenance. Never buzz them, except for my pain meds. Alarm goes off on the IV pump I reset it myself, don't need them to wipe my ass like I hear the blue hairs constantly yelling about..or the lovely gentleman constantly asking the nurses to look at his penis.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Nurses love me, I'm so low maintenance. Never buzz them, except for my pain meds. Alarm goes off on the IV pump I reset it myself, don't need them to wipe my ass like I hear the blue hairs constantly yelling about..or the lovely gentleman constantly asking the nurses to look at his penis.
    You're the type of patient my hubby would go out of his way for, to make you as comfortable as possible. He sees idiots in the emergency room that waste his time and have barely anything wrong with them but bitch all day and treat the hospital like a hotel.

That's odd... when I was in the hospital, every nurse asked to see my penis.

If I am ever in the hospital again I am going to have you teach me how to clear the IV pump alarm. That fucking thing would always go off whenever I finally got to sleep. Then I would have to wait forever for a nurse to come clear it. They refused to show me how to make it stop.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

nurses always seem great and love me. i think they are just happy to have a young-ish, clean girl instead of old stinky people. the doctors on the other hand are usually the assholes for you taking up literally five minutes of their day with silly questions about the throbbing pains you are feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Whenever I go to the hospital I make sure to show every nurse my penis. Note: I'm there to visit my mom usually, but they just need to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

my learning team in school make me want to punch things. ALL THREE OF THESE STUPID MOTHER FUCKERS submitted the EXACT SAME PORTION of the assignment, instead of their assigned portions. and of course nothing is cited properly and they waited until the last minute. i'm trying to edit, but fucking christ, why am i the only one who cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

My 15-year-old car needs repairs that cost far more than the car is worth. After paying for Coachella, my flight, and having to repay the costs for my laser eye surgery which is happening this Friday, the thought of having to start making payments on a new car relatively soon is nauseating, not to mention the additional insurance costs. I feel ill.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    My 15-year-old car needs repairs that cost far more than the car is worth. After paying for Coachella, my flight, and having to repay the costs for my laser eye surgery which is happening this Friday, the thought of having to start making payments on a new car relatively soon is nauseating, not to mention the additional insurance costs. I feel ill.
    Sorry TG, but the good news is that laser eye surgery is a walk in the park today and if you haven't done it b4, it is worth every penny imo ... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Sorry TG, but the good news is that laser eye surgery is a walk in the park today and if you haven't done it b4, it is worth every penny imo ... cr****
    Well I picked out a new car and applied for the financing last night. The payments are relatively manageable. I'm relieved but my original car is so old and run down the dealer won't take it. I have to figure out what to do with it. I could donate it for a tax receipt I guess. I should pick up the new one next week once my eyes are healed up from my laser surgery tomorrow. Thanks for the encouragement Ron. I just want to get it done with no complications and will feel much better once it's over with, and I can finally see clearly on my own.

TG, Just like that, or maybe a day or so, imo, you will wake up each day and just be amazed. I went thru every phase, glasses, bi focals, hard contacts,soft contacts, RDK (razors in your eyes yikes), laser, and finally I had to get real surgery, cataracts, and although my eyes have to adjust a bit off and on thru the day, I joke with all the 20+ when they can't see something on a meeting board. Haha, you will absolutely lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvve it. People ask me why I am in a good mood. I'm lucky. Sorry optimistic in the bad mood thread again. Kick butt ThatGirl..... cr****

Thanks so much - I'll let you know how it goes!

Grrrrr. ya think you have an idea about people then you get sideswiped.....cr****

Veronica Mars kickstarter earns over 2 million in a day. We are an awful world of human beings.