Page 12 of 284 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bad Mood Thread

Default Re: The Bad Mood Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Very cool. It proboly would have felt that more special had they actually scheduled it to be delivered today. That new RH discbox is beautiful.
    So how are your tamales?

They're perfect. Who knew the barrios of Seattle could pop out tamales as good as the ones in East Los. I had a cheese and jalapeno one with huervos rancheros this morning. I have to walk away and eat again. My brother in law just pulled a brisket out of the smoker.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Tom & John: thanks. My nana's actually out of the woods, for now at least. They were wrong about the gall stones being gangrenous; what the X-rays picked up was an abscess. She'd been on blood thinners so they gave her some plasma all day Sunday and scheduled her for surgery yesterday. She made it through okay but I'm not sure when she'll be returning home at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post
    If you're diagnosed as bi-polar, I don't think you should ever NOT be on medication. It's like having high blood pressure and not taking any pills for it. Don't do that. Just an opinion from someone with an aunt who had bipolar.
    That's what my psychologist, psychiatrist, case worker, and now my girlfriend have all said. The thing is, there have been several behaviors of mine that have improved since I've gotten off medication that were prominent problems when I was taking something. For instance, I don't self-medicate with drugs or alcohol like I did for a few years. Part of that is also a financial consideration (scoring coke or ecstasy or drinking 2-3 bottles of vodka every week gets expensive) but if I was really in the clutches of substance addiction, I wouldn't care about the financial cost. And actually there were periods when I'd drink or do drugs to counteract the sort of emotional numbness that the medication gave me. Secondly, I started self-mutilating around '95 or '96 and now haven't done so since December '06. The worst scars I gave myself were during periods when I was on medication, and so to not have that cross my mind anymore, at a time when I'm not on meds, is something I'm fairly happy about.
    This isn't to say that I wouldn't benefit from being on Abilify or something along those lines, just that medications aren't the end-all solution for someone with bipolar disorder and I feel I've been successful in my time off medication demonstrating that my life can actually flourish without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Tom & John: thanks. My nana's actually out of the woods, for now at least. They were wrong about the gall stones being gangrenous; what the X-rays picked up was an abscess. She'd been on blood thinners so they gave her some plasma all day Sunday and scheduled her for surgery yesterday. She made it through okay but I'm not sure when she'll be returning home at this point.

That's what my psychologist, psychiatrist, case worker, and now my girlfriend have all said. The thing is, there have been several behaviors of mine that have improved since I've gotten off medication that were prominent problems when I was taking something. For instance, I don't self-medicate with drugs or alcohol like I did for a few years. Part of that is also a financial consideration (scoring coke or ecstasy or drinking 2-3 bottles of vodka every week gets expensive) but if I was really in the clutches of substance addiction, I wouldn't care about the financial cost. And actually there were periods when I'd drink or do drugs to counteract the sort of emotional numbness that the medication gave me. Secondly, I started self-mutilating around '95 or '96 and now haven't done so since December '06. The worst scars I gave myself were during periods when I was on medication, and so to not have that cross my mind anymore, at a time when I'm not on meds, is something I'm fairly happy about.
    This isn't to say that I wouldn't benefit from being on Abilify or something along those lines, just that medications aren't the end-all solution for someone with bipolar disorder and I feel I've been successful in my time off medication demonstrating that my life can actually flourish without it.
    You know YOU the best and I really have no position offering advice. Seems like you're doing the best you can. Have you tried different kinds of meds for bi-polar, I've just always thought it was a biological condition that is nearly impossible to manage without assistance? Anyway, I hope you feel better today. Merry Christmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Cue the wrist cutting cartoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

My forty year old cousin with a brand new baby (and two older kids) announced yesterday that he's headed back to Afghanistan on February 17th for a year. Yah.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

*bump*
    So if any of you read my last post, here is the results of the 'my drunk dad is forcing me so spend Christmas with him and buy gifts' story.

Long story short...er. My dad called me drunk and balling his eyes out on Christmas like a true asshole. He had called on the 22 or so to say he had changed his mind and didn't want to get me or my brother Christmas presents. That's ok, now I don't have to get him any. Good, because I have no money left. He then said he still wanted to get together though.. so I asked him to come over on Christmas eve and I’d make him dinner. The next day I called to confirm. He didn’t even remember talking to me the night before and said he couldn’t make it. He was clearly drunk already (presumably self loathing because no on had made plans with him for christmas yet, even though I had). Then on Christmas day he called and cried about how no one called him or did anything for him on Christmas. I had to remind him that not only did I call, I invited him over for dinner and he didn’t remember… and that I also called the day before and he told me he didn’t remember me inviting him and there fore, was too drunk already to make it (even though I had already gone and spent my last dollars on food to make his drunk ass). Apparently he didn’t remember that either. He spent about an hour crying like a school girl about how no one loves him. I finally couldn’t take it anymore and told him it was his own fault. He always tries to guilt me like it’s my fault. Saying I never call… when I do. But he never remembers! I had enough! I kind of lost it on him and then said I had to go.
    When I got home from my mom’s on Christmas day, I called him back again, assuming he’d be over himself and we’d have a real conversation. Nope. More crying. Non stop crying. My 47 year old dad balling his eyes out. So 2 -3 hours of my Christmas was spent hiding in a bedroom trying to calm my dad down like you would a baby, as he told me he wanted to kill himself because no one loved him. He told me about how he calls suicide hotlines and once they sent an ambulance. Yes, this is what your daughter wants to talk about Christmas day. I reminded him that it was his own fault and he was the only one who could fix it. I told him if he didn’t get help our relationship was over. Maybe I'm being selfish but I've fucking HAD ENOUGH!
    He’s been going to AA since but he’s done that before so I don’t have much hope. He calls everyday now, over and over till I answer… to tell me he’s not drinking. I’m happy, of course, that he isn’t… but you don’t win trust back in 5 days after being drunk and ignorant for more than 5 years. I keep talking to him because I know if I don’t he’ll just drink again. Hell, he specifically told me that. Yeah, that's nice to hear. "Hey, daughter, if you stop returing my calls I'm going to start drinking again because I have no one" That’s a lot of unfair pressure if you ask me. I’m his daughter. Plus, do you know how shitty I feel everytime he says he has no one and no one loves him when I try so fucking hard to show that I do? What, do I not count? I'm just the sucker who will listen but really you don't even care about me and wish I were someone else?
    On top of that... Um, he’s supposed to support and take care of me. Not that I shouldn’t do the same for him… but he’s never done it for me, and I’m getting a little tired of the guilt trip.
    Here’s hoping he sticks to it, gets his own life, and lets me be a regular daughter who meets him for dinner every couple months or so. I’ve got my own life to live too you know…
    Last edited by Melanie.Dawn; 01-03-2008 at 07:26 AM.

Banned

DRAAAaaaaaaaAAAMAAAAHHH!!!

Your father is a very sick man and needs to be in a hospital.

I know it's very hard for you, but if you don't help him out who will?

edit: I agree with Rick, below. you really did a great thing spending all that time with him. It's natural to feel resentful and angry about it. It doesnt' mean you're selfish.
    Last edited by TomAz; 01-03-2008 at 07:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Wow, that's really rough, Melanie. I'm sorry to hear what a douche of a father you've been stuck with. I think your reactions to him have been pretty fair. Don't take offense but do you feel that perhaps you'd be better off emotionally if he were to kill himself? Even with him not drinking, he's still holding you hostage by threatening to resume drinking if you "abandon" him, and that's just as selfish as him getting drunk and guilt tripping you for things that he was actually responsible for himself. I think the best thing for him would be to enter a group home or go into rehab because what's happening now is that you're his case worker, not his daughter, and you're right, that shouldn't be your role.

You're a better child than I am. I would probably not have spent all that time on the phone with either of my parents on Christmas if they were behaving like your dad. I'm fortunate that the person in my family who resembles your father is one of my uncles and I see him very rarely, which is more often than I wish it was. Before reading what you've posted in the past couple weeks, I could only imagine what kind of psychological toll that must've taken on his kids. Now I don't have to imagine. Take care of yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    what are you, like 16?

Banned

I'm hungover in the airport waiting for my flight home from Vegas, and there's this couple sitting next to me making out. They're gross and it's making me want to yak.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

take pictures.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Banned

Just start yelling out "oh hell yeah thats what mama likes to see! now grab his butt!"

yeah. and then take pictures.

I'm just sitting here on my laptop trying SO HARD to keep from looking up. They're right across from me so when I raise my eyes..ew. Not to mention all the noise. smack smack. it sounds like they're eating peanut butter.

Banned

SKYPE THAT SHIT1! we want live video.

I can't. It's just bad. They've stopped now-she's practically laying in his lap. What's disturbing is that she looks about 16 and he's looking about 30.

Report him!
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I can't. It's just bad. They've stopped now-she's practically laying in his lap. What's disturbing is that she looks about 16 and he's looking about 30.
    c'mon its vegas.

so now i am in a bad mood ... i posted a thread for stef maybe making 1k posts .. he is at 999 and the next post to that thread would be 1k ... i thought that was cool and i owe him a favor for the hat yada yada .... so pf or someone deletes my thread .... i try to follow the board rules and even get yelled sometimes when i try too hard ... plus i just found out "someone" is going to iraq in a couple of months ... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ... ron****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Banned

yup.

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    so now i am in a bad mood ... i posted a thread for stef maybe making 1k posts .. he is at 999 and the next post to that thread would be 1k ... i thought that was cool and i owe him a favor for the hat yada yada .... so pf or someone deletes my thread .... i try to follow the board rules and even get yelled sometimes when i try too hard ... plus i just found out "someone" is going to iraq in a couple of months ... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ... ron****
    Well, I feel much better now knowing it wasn't a hallucination in seeing your post! Christ, before I could get my "hooray's" posted, the damn thing was gone!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

He PM'd me the other day with a special photo request for his 1000th post spectacular, but he'll have to settle for a simple congrats for now...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

jesus fucking christ you're a bumbling oaf

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I don't think you should take the thread deletion personally, ronald.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    jesus fucking christ you're a bumbling oaf
    Just trying to blend in, Tom...