Page 282 of 285 FirstFirst ... 277278279280281282283284285 LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,460 of 8527

Thread: The Bad Mood Thread

Default Re: The Bad Mood Thread

Oops yeah I meant "wait don't walk". Damn phone. Basically I crossed the crosswalk when the light was green, but no one had pushed the button so the lil' walking man didn't pop up. Just the red hand still. And I still got a ticket for that.. Same category as jaywalking I'm guessing.

9/23 Modest Mouse @ Pappy & Harriet's
    10/25 Beach Goth @ The Observatory

meth

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    meth
    The cop, amirite?

I really hate package delivery in Manhattan.

UPS will usually attempt to deliver items but as they don't deliver (and aren't open) on Saturdays this is generally useless so we have to go pick them up. On the plus side at least we can go online and ask them to hold for pickup as soon as the tracking number is in the system.

The FedEx depot is a little closer but less likely to leave a useful note and there is no way to manage anything online. They are also far more picky about who can pick anything up.

Worst of all is USPS. They will just flat out not even attempt to deliver items that don't fit the mailbox to apartment buildings (though it may be different if there is a doorman). They mostly have even stopped leaving a note until it is almost time for the package to be sent back. The post office is very close but it closes too early every day except Thursday.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

My dog Maggie is on her last days. My ex dropped her off yesterday morning and she wouldn't eat, and then she had two big accidents upstairs without even asking to go outside. I had to give her treats so she had enough to eat to stomach her meds. She only goes a few steps at a time and won't move unless she absolutely has to. I only have her until Saturday but since she's technically my ex's dog (he had her when we met) he will ultimately decide when it's time to put her down, and it seems as though he's bent on keeping her alive as long as she can ..even if it's not what's best for her. I hate going through this and having so little say in the decision, and seeing how tired she is and how her tumor is weighing her down, is horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Dogs let you know when they're ready. Can you tell him to consider her, and do what's right for her? Because it sounds like she's ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

I called him last night after watching her all day, and let him know it may be time. He says when he picks her up he'll see how she does. Part of the problem is because he's a nurse he is very nonchalant about what he perceives as minor health problems, so unless she's lying there on the floor dying, he seems to think she's fine. It's incredibly frustrating.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

It sounds like she IS lying there on the floor dying. Poor pup; when they stop eating in their last decline it's pretty much the go-ahead signal. I'm sorry, Marlo, I know how rough that is.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It sounds like she IS lying there on the floor dying. Poor pup; when they stop eating in their last decline it's pretty much the go-ahead signal. I'm sorry, Marlo, I know how rough that is.
    Thanks so much. I just hope he has the good sense to do what's right for her.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    I really hate package delivery in Manhattan.

UPS will usually attempt to deliver items but as they don't deliver (and aren't open) on Saturdays this is generally useless so we have to go pick them up. On the plus side at least we can go online and ask them to hold for pickup as soon as the tracking number is in the system.

The FedEx depot is a little closer but less likely to leave a useful note and there is no way to manage anything online. They are also far more picky about who can pick anything up.

Worst of all is USPS. They will just flat out not even attempt to deliver items that don't fit the mailbox to apartment buildings (though it may be different if there is a doorman). They mostly have even stopped leaving a note until it is almost time for the package to be sent back. The post office is very close but it closes too early every day except Thursday.
    Nearly everything gets brought up and left in front of our door. It is awesome. The only exception is when delivery people can't get int he gate for some reason or the package absolutely requires a signature.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

I am sorry Marlo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

fuck this day, and all of your mothers.

I'm sorry, Marlo. My sincere condolences.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

Spoke with my ex last night, and he wants to take Maggie in to be put to sleep on either Monday or Tuesday. He says I can come with or at the least say goodbye to her, but I am not sure how it's going to go or when. I am heartbroken to say goodbye to her but it's time, and I'm glad he finally realizes she is ready.

I'm sorry. You gotta be strong for the doggy. She wants to say goodbye to you too.

My bad mood just took a turn for sad after reading the last page...I'm sorry, Marlo... I remember having to make that final decision with my Shepard, Bruno a few years ago...Besides my own selfishness in wanting to hold out hope, and the fact that I couldn't bare to take him for his last ride, we ended up having the vet come to the house instead. Not sure what the vet must have thought when he walked in, but with candles burning and Pink Floyd playing in the background, I was able to say goodbye holding him while "Breathe" played on.

This poem, as sad as it seems, really helped with the grieving and still keeps a bit of the hope alive...

RainbowBridge.com
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    Author unknown...

I'm sorry about your dog Bev, and I do know that poem, and it is really lovely. Right now it's hard not to cry when I think of Mags being gone. I have this wall mural in the kitchen by where the dogs eat, and it has their names and says "Reserved for". I can't even bear to look at it because she won't eat there again. I just have to try and get through this week and not lose it as I have to do compensation reviews for 25 people and I have tons of meetings. I have to keep it together.

My father passed away early this morning after his already failing health took a turn for the worse over the last few days. He was admitted to Hospice yesterday afternoon and 12 hours later he passed for what we can all hope to be for the best. He's really suffered the last few weeks and it's really taken a toll on my mother. Now, she can rest. I raced to San Diego in the early AM and only had ~ 20 minutes to be with him before he had to be taken to the funeral home for cremation. It's been a day of comfort and administration.

He was 82, served 20 years in the navy and another 20 for social services. He loved The Padres, Chargers, math, road trips, and geography.

Last edited by PlayaDelWes; 02-11-2014 at 03:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

So sorry about your dad, Wes, my condolences to you and your family.

Wow, Wes, you look exactly like like your dad! My condolences.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

to tell with this day. Thank you. goodbye.

I'm getting locked up for 12-16 months tommorrow. wish me luck. I'm sure my prescence will be sorely missed haha
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

Whoa
    last.fm

hope it was worth it.

Sorry, man :/

Soap on string and try not to become some guy's bitch. On the plus side you will probably do a lot of lifting and come out more jacked then ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

12-16 sounds like county, or one of those honor farm things. He'll be fine. No real bitch making in county, just local boys acting tough.

Well, the current parole scheme is actually looking really decent for JordanP, as the massive overcrowding is allowing lots of folks in his situation to serve half-sentences and attend classes. So hopefully that happens dude, and good luck. We'll see you when you're back.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanp View Post
    I'm getting locked up for 12-16 months tommorrow. wish me luck. I'm sure my prescence will be sorely missed haha
    Well, that's a bummer. If you had waited an extra month or so before committing your crime, you might of still been able to make it to Coachella before your hiatus...

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    12-16 sounds like county, or one of those honor farm things. He'll be fine. No real bitch making in county, just local boys acting tough.
    12-16 months in County= The time will do you... 12-16 months in a State facility=You do your time... Difference being that the County will hold you in a dorm or cell where you might get lucky and go outside for 30 minutes a day... then it's back into the enclosure where you will eat when they decide to feed you, and you'll share a TV with all the other idiots... State time, on the other hand, allows you to have personal items and needs sent to you each month, and in order to receive 1/2 time credit, where you can be back here in 6-8 months, you'll be assigned a job, or given the option for schooling or training. The time will seem to go much faster when you're busy doing something other than sitting thinking about that time...

Well, the current parole scheme is actually looking really decent for JordanP, as the massive overcrowding is allowing lots of folks in his situation to serve half-sentences and attend classes. So hopefully that happens dude, and good luck. We'll see you when you're back.
    Ahhh, so I get crucified for my ill-gotten past, and Jordan gets well wishes and a Bon Voyage party? WTF?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

You don't re-use piece marks! WTF?! If the piece is deleted, so is the mark. Now I have to recheck everything I've been working on the past two weeks. fucking thanks for that.