Page 281 of 285 FirstFirst ... 276277278279280281282283284285 LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,430 of 8527

Thread: The Bad Mood Thread

Default Re: The Bad Mood Thread

Found out yesterday that a good friend from back east passed away in the morning. He was found drowned in his own vomit. We're thinking it was bleeding in the brain from a bad car accident he was in on Friday. The ER released him same day, even though the cops and medics told him that he was lucky to even survive the crash.

Robin, that's awful. I'm so sorry. How especially sad that the hospital released him when it appears he had some underlying issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

That is terrible, Robin. I'm so sorry.

I am sorry Robin.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Sorry to hear that Robin. I was gonna come in hear to complain about leg pains, but they mean jackshit to the feeling of losing a friend. Still not in a good mood whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Hey at least he didnt' drown in somebody else's vomit.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Sorry to be a downer, but we had to put my 16 year old cat to sleep tonight. Her name was Angel and I had her since I was 7. She wasn't eating or drinking the last few days and she was going downhill. She passed away peacefully and she wasn't in pain. I even made her purr until the end. Here she is during her better days.

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

That just made me cry a little. I'm so sorry for your loss. At least she had you with her.
    Oh look it stopped snowing...

My condolences, Logan.

I'm sorry.

I teared up. Sorry to hear that
    9/19 - CHVRCHES - Hollywood Palladium
    10/7 - Belle and Sebastian - Ace Hotel
    10/16 - Massive Attack - Greek Theatre

You have my condolences Robin.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Thanks you guys. She was the best kitty anyone could ask for. She was happy until the very end. It's been a rough night but I'm at peace now that she's gone. I've had the last couple weeks to prepare for it, so it wasn't a surprise, but it's still hard. The build up to it was worse than actually losing her, because I knew that I would have to mourn yet again when the day finally came. Now that it has, I can mourn knowing that things will be okay, and that she's happy wherever she is now.
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

Big hugs Logan...
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

Logan, losing a pet after that long together is rough, but it also means you guys got to have a ton of time together before she ultimately got to the point where you guys had to put her down. Any pet that's around for 16 years with one family had to have lived a pretty damn solid life, and that photo shows a really happy cat. Sorry for your loss, but I'm also glad that you got to have such a good companion for so long.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

couple heads might be on the block....and some of the potential heads are the wrong ones. little bummed because they're really cool people. next couple weeks are gonna suck.

Sorry for your loss RedHotSgtPeppers. Totally missed that post.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Thanks man. It's all good. I'm dealing with it a lot better today than I thought. I'm strangely at peace, and my fiancÚ has been wonderful and supportive through it all. That's helped a lot. I'm making sure Marla (my cat that I have at my apartment) is getting plenty of love and affection.

That's good news, and that's a super cool picture you posted. I'm sure you have a bunch of great memories and pictures of your time together to remember and be happy about.

I was just pulled into a meeting to be told that I am a fuck up at my job and if things don't change soon I am going to be fired... I proceeded to tell them how much thier company processes suck but unfortunately that doesn't come across well when you turn into a blubbering mess. I need to find the nerve that makes me cry whenever I am mad, and have it removed.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

awww, audra, that sucks at least they gave you warning and you kinda knew this was coming. i hope you find something new soon <3
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    awww, audra, that sucks at least they gave you warning and you kinda knew this was coming. i hope you find something new soon <3
    The warning is undeserved though. That is what pisses me off the most. They went from being 3 months behind in billing to being billed through last week. The shit that they are picking apart is fucking bullshit because I was never fucking trained on any of it. They are using an accounting software made for small businesses and they are a multi million dollar company. They do everything in excell and transfer it into accounting. The ACCOUNTING MANAGER thinks it's perfectly acceptable practice to go in and CHANGE an invoice from the previous year, and their accounting software allows for it... But somehow I suck at what I do?

When I told them all of that I was told they don't give atta boys here, they only try to fix what's wrong. Well, there is a lot wrong, they are going to be really busy.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

yeah sorry, of course it's undeserved! just meant you were kinda picking up on their insanity already. how annoying!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I know you weren't happy there anyway, so it is good you were looking for something new. It's always worse to stay someplace if you hate being there.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    I was just pulled into a meeting to be told that I am a fuck up at my job and if things don't change soon I am going to be fired... I proceeded to tell them how much thier company processes suck but unfortunately that doesn't come across well when you turn into a blubbering mess. I need to find the nerve that makes me cry whenever I am mad, and have it removed.
    The most telling part of this is that you were "pulled into a meeting" to be told this. You make it sound like the managers are sitting around talking, and then they decide they need you to improve, and so instead of implementing a process improvement plan they just yell at you in front of a group of people. Which is fucking stupid and of course consistent with everything else you've said about that company.

Your crying when being dressed down in front of a group of people is an understandable human reaction. The issue here is that you work for people who look to blame their employees for their own (the managers') shortcomings, rather than doing the things it takes to make the work environment positive and productive. It's too bad you can't just get up and walk out on them right now and see how they fare without you.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

The most telling part of this is that you were "pulled into a meeting" to be told this. You make it sound like the managers are sitting around talking, and then they decide they need you to improve, and so instead of implementing a process improvement plan they just yell at you in front of a group of people. Which is fucking stupid and of course consistent with everything else you've said about that company.

Your crying when being dressed down in front of a group of people is an understandable human reaction. The issue here is that you work for people who look to blame their employees for their own (the managers') shortcomings, rather than doing the things it takes to make the work environment positive and productive. It's too bad you can't just get up and walk out on them right now and see how they fare without you.
    I explained the lack of training and the rediculous processes and now they want the bitch who hates me to shadow me for a few days and finally train me, something that should have happened 3 months ago instead of her trying to fight me in the bathroom.

I already have 3 job interviews scheduled. I won't be giving 2 weeks notice, I won't sit here a minute longer than I have to.

I got a "walk don't wait" ticket today. I won't get into specifics but it was completely fucked and the cop was a complete peice of shit to give me a citation. I know the fine for that is ridiculous in LA... but in a small city like this, how much do you guys think it will be? I'm fucking heated.

9/23 Modest Mouse @ Pappy & Harriet's
    10/25 Beach Goth @ The Observatory

a what?

Yeah, I have no idea what that is.

Maybe he means "Don't Walk" -- like crossing during the flashing pedestrian crossing signal? No idea.