Thread: The Bad Mood Thread

Default Re: The Bad Mood Thread

Good luck, Audra.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    So you are telling me to butt bump my car? It could have come off the track, it made a really gross grinding/cracking noise when I tried to roll it up, I thought I broke the window. Then it just fell completely down and won't do anything now. The mechanic at work is going to check it for me today, hopefully it's an easy fix. He said if it was the motor though he couldn't fix it, but could get me a deal with one of his other mechanic friends. So my mood isn't as bad now. Fingers are crossed!
    I had to replace both of my window motors. if they can replace just the motor, it was like $80 if I recall. if the actual track broke, which also happened in one of my windows, it's a bit bigger of a deal, but even if they have to literally replace the entire power window mechanism it shouldn't cost more than $200 max.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

I hope that's true. Our mechanic still hasn't had time to look at it yet. I am hoping it's minimal. $200 I can swing, $500 is going to put a damper on my already shitty mood. I have found with my Honda that some of the repairs get to be a little more spendy than my old hoopty cars... I just priced a new windshield since I have a couple of chips... $280. For glass. Boo!
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Yeah I hear you - my Mustang is getting to age where many components are starting wear and tear and need replacing and I find myself at the mechanic at least 2-3 times a year to fix this thing or that thing that's leaking or snapped. The amount of times I've ha dto replace computer parts that wrongly turn the check engine light on just to pass smog tests is REALLY annoying.
    last.fm
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL

So the regulator is broke, it's going to cost $112 for the part but I have to find someone else to do the work, my mechanic says he doesn't really want to do it because has only done it once and it took a lot longer than it should since it's not his expertise... I called the dealership and they want $350. $200+ for labor, bastards.

Wow. Do you have a supreme lack of mechanics in your area or something? i pass probably 40 places just on my 10 mile daily commute.
    last.fm

There are a lot of mechanics up and down the road I work on... llanterias mostly, but other shops as well. But as a woman, anytime I take my car in they see dollar signs. So I really prefer going through someone I know so I don't get taken advantage of. I use to date a lot of wanna be mechanics but they always had left over parts when fixing my car. So I usually feel more comfortable with the dealership. They are usually a little more pricey but they won't make up shit that is wrong with my car, or worse yet, break something quietly and then tell me I need to have it fixed.

Dictionary definitions of referring terms are usually just descriptions of the important features of the referents of those terms. Insofar as the referents of a term share the features that account for why that term refers to those referents, the term is not regarded as ambiguous. Referring terms are ambiguous when the referents of the term differ from each other in sufficiently important ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    So the regulator is broke, it's going to cost $112 for the part but I have to find someone else to do the work, my mechanic says he doesn't really want to do it because has only done it once and it took a lot longer than it should since it's not his expertise... I called the dealership and they want $350. $200+ for labor, bastards.
    Kind of funny that the dealership quote is exactly in between the 2 figures you cited in your previous post regarding what you could swing & what would put a damper on your mood.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

Yeah, $350 was the same price I got from the other places I called. So the mechanic I work with agreed to do it for $220 and a 12 pack of Stella. Whoot!

Fuck this snow storm in Utah today. Buzzkill for opening day. Buzzkill for the weekend in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

Car window motors = ugh
    It is very normal to pay anywhere from $350-$500 to fix a window at a dealership. It's actually not too hard though, my G35 has a weird window motor issue and recently I just replaced the whole track. It's an amazing gift the power window, oh how disabling and vulnerable you can feel when it's broken (& stuck down for weeks)

ANoThER uncertainty with the sitter situation. At this point I'm not going anymore. I can't handle this stress. Why is there NO ONE in my life to watch a 7 yr old. I can see difficulties with a new born but he takes care of himself except for meals!
    Fuck!

You should be able to board your kids like you do your pets. Drop them off, pay for group play or one on one, maybe a larger cage or something.

I fronted a friend a Coachella pass during the presales in June because he couldn't get to a computer. He still hasn't paid me for it.
    He's been a thorn in my side the past couple months telling me that he's been waiting to hear on a job offer so he can get money to pay me back. Of course, he declined the job offer because he thinks he'll be getting something better soon.
    Recently, he borrowed money from his sister to book a flight to get to Coachella.
    HOW ABOUT GETTING MONEY TO PAY THE $310 THAT YOU OWE ME?!
    I should have sold his pass a while ago.

you still can. screw 'em.

You should have sold his pass.

It's hard to have to deal with friends + finances. I've learned the hard way that I don't like to front friends money for things, I get annoyed when they spend money on all sorts of unnecessary things instead of paying me back. And then I get really, really annoyed when they ask to borrow money again, without having ever paid me back, or expect me to be a source of tickets/booze/etc that they don't expect to pay for.

Plus, it kind of seems to me that, if you have no job, and you've having to borrow money to buy a coachella ticket... borrowing money to buy the flight... your broke ass should not be going to Coachella.

i am grateful for extremely gracious friends who have dealt with me often needing months to pay them back. A friend of mine waited almost an entire year for me to pay him back for a coachella hotel room a couple years ago so i just bought his pass for him the next time.
    last.fm

I'm a sucker when it comes to "friends in need," especially when he kept making "promises." I sent him a paypal request which includes the fees. He said he'll send the money when he gets home. I'm rolling my eyes right now.

I feel like he's a charity case. Not only did I front him the pass, someone in our group has to schedule the pick up/drop off from the airport (which was a hassle because we all had our schedules planned out and he just booked his flight last week), he also needs to borrow stuff to camp with, such as tent, blanket and pillow, and he's probably going to dip his hands in the community snacks and drinks without donating money for it.

Lesson learned. No more fronting passes. Doesn't matter how good of a friend I think he/she is.

sounds like a coachella intervention is in order. he'll have nowhere to run.

Sugar momma?

I've been sending out periodic emails since the Lineup announced to my group reminding everyone to purchase shuttle tickets [among other things] and that passes will likely sell out. I even sent out another email after our shuttle sold out a couple weeks ago to remind people to start checking craigslist if they didn't get passes. I just got an email today from one of the girls saying she needs a shuttle pass. This will be an issue if she is the only one without a pass.

EDIT: We need zone 5 from Palm Springs which seems to be one of the harder ones to find.
    Last edited by lt.roast.a.botch; 04-09-2012 at 11:30 AM.

A "friend in need" is one thing. Going to Coachella is not a need. It's a want.

Even the friends in need thing has really backfired for me. I have a couple of friends who borrowed thousands from me, when they were unemployed and broke, to stay afloat on rent, grocery money, etc. They've not, and will never, pay me back. Meanwhile they go to shows all the time, one of them bought a new car,... yeah.

Wow I don't know if I could remain friends with people like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    sounds like a coachella intervention is in order. he'll have nowhere to run.
    Just look for the only Mexican under the TACO flag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Sugar momma?
    I have been called that plenty of times over the past few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    A "friend in need" is one thing. Going to Coachella is not a need. It's a want.

Even the friends in need thing has really backfired for me. I have a couple of friends who borrowed thousands from me, when they were unemployed and broke, to stay afloat on rent, grocery money, etc. They've not, and will never, pay me back. Meanwhile they go to shows all the time, one of them bought a new car,... yeah.
    I tried to convince him not to go to Coachella and to reassess his priorities. That plan, obviously, didn't work.

And I feel your pain on helping those in need. A few years ago, I lent money to a friend/coworker because he didn't know his EMT certification was expired. I found a refresher class for him, and got him in last minute. This was right before I quit to move out here, so of course I needed all the money I can to stay afloat while looking for a new job. He stopped talking to me and deleted me off his facebook when I asked if I can have that money back.

There is nothing more infuriating than lending someone money and them not paying it back, all the while blowing their money on other things. It's so incredibly irresponsible & annoying. Heidi/Robin, if I saw those people in the street it would be hard for me to contain my anger. I blow up at so few things and am generally a happy person, but that would set me off!
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

I'm not a bank, I don't loan money. Pretty glad I don't have friends or family that ask.

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    There is nothing more infuriating than lending someone money and them not paying it back, all the while blowing their money on other things. It's so incredibly irresponsible & annoying.
    Well is there another layer of annoying in that scenario. The friend who borrows the money, can't pay it back when they say they would and they say 'lets work out a payment plan of $20 every Friday'. Friday comes, no money so you call them Sunday and ask 'where's my money? Kinda need it' then they blow up at you for 'only caring about money'.

y'all need to quit being friends with poor people, that's the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    And I feel your pain on helping those in need. A few years ago, I lent money to a friend/coworker because he didn't know his EMT certification was expired. I found a refresher class for him, and got him in last minute. This was right before I quit to move out here, so of course I needed all the money I can to stay afloat while looking for a new job. He stopped talking to me and deleted me off his facebook when I asked if I can have that money back.
    sounds like you need to take him to court...the peoples court.