Page 228 of 285 FirstFirst ... 223224225226227228229230231232233 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,840 of 8531

Thread: The Bad Mood Thread

Default Re: The Bad Mood Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    The drunk driver is currently only being charged with DUI and 2nd degree assault with a motor vehicle. When police arrived on scene, they found the DD in the back seat of my former co-workers' (Ben) car, stroking the cheek saying "I'm sorry. I didn't mean for that to happen." Ben was DOA. I just hope his sons make a full recovery.
    That really really makes me furious. Even if they had charged him with vehicular homicide (and convicted him), the guy could serve as little as 1 year in prison in CT. Apparently that's the price for taking someone else's life. Some states are even worse (lower minimum jail time or no mandatory prison time). My dad was killed by a drunk driver. In my dad's accident, it was someone who had multiple DUIs, and was at the time of the accident was out on bail after being picked up on a DUI charge a couple of weeks earlier, from an accident where he injured a passenger in his car. My feelings on this are so strong they're not even rational. I pretty much feel like, you kill someone in an accident where you were driving drunk, you deserve to die as well. It's fortunate for me that the guy who hit my dad also died in the accident or I almost certainly would have ended up doing something that would have landed ME in jail for a very long time.

Wow, Heidi. I'm so sorry. I imagine that I would feel the same way. How horrible. I don't understand why the penalties are so light for drunk driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Im itchy.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Im itchy.
    ME TOO ON MA EYEBALL

damn hay fever
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

I must have picked up allergies later in life because now I'm having allergic reactions to shit I've never had reactions to before. AHHHHH ITCHY LEGS.

Hives, or more like contact dermatitis? The latter could be a lot of things... are you using a different soap, laundry detergent,...?

Rubbing strange semen on your things?
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

OMG Heidi. I'm so sorry to hear that.
    I wish I remembered the story, but one of my friend's back home (he's a lieutenant for a police dept) told me something about how a person was only sentenced to probation for killing the drunk driver who killed a relative. I forgot the term he used to describe it.

As for the drunk driver that killed my former co-worker, they're still investigating the incident and are expecting to bring up more charges.

we need an "america, fuck you" thread.

the fire pits are being removed from big corona and balboa pier because of a few nimby's, the voice of the few affecting the many.

"Dozens of residents testified about the fire rings, mostly in support of a ban. They cited studies about the health hazards of wood smoke, the dangers of burning embers, unruly crowds and injuries."

it's really because a bunch of white people don't want a bunch of mexicans hanging out in their neighborhood.

fuck these people, each and every one of them.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 03-14-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Hives, or more like contact dermatitis? The latter could be a lot of things... are you using a different soap, laundry detergent,...?
    Recently just got a special sensitive skin detergent; strangely the last one I'd been using was Eco friendly and all that jazz. Guess my body dun like that

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    we need an "america, fuck you" thread.

the fire pits are being removed from big corona and balboa pier because of a few nimby's, the voice of the few affecting the many.

"Dozens of residents testified about the fire rings, mostly in support of a ban. They cited studies about the health hazards of wood smoke, the dangers of burning embers, unruly crowds and injuries."

it's really because a bunch of white people don't want a bunch of mexicans hanging out in their neighborhood.

fuck these people, each and every one of them.
    Sigh, CA beaches have been raped badly the last 10 years by strange policies. No fires anymore on beaches is a common occurrence up the coast. Recently LA passed a no frisbee or football at the beach policy... Fucking stupid. I can't believe how much this state has changed over my lifetime. Sure stopping litter bugs with cigs at the beach is one thing, but it seems to be taking an extreme now. You can't smoke in Santa Monica, Glendale, Calabasas and Burbank. I understand fire safety, but safety for the cleanliness of air? We are in LA, cars should be illegal here if we are so concerned about the environment.

Also as far as OC beaches go, I'm disgusted they remove residents from their homes by the beach (El Morro, Crystal Cove) and then do nothing for a while before selling off the land to huge developers like The Montage and Shea properties etc who only come in and let the EXTREMELY rich play.

Just realized I owe an enormous amount in taxes. I feel a little sick.

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    My dog passed away yesterday morning. It was a total shock. One minute he was happy eating his dinner and 5 hours later he was ill. He was my dog child. I am depressed and hate life right now. I wonder how long this will last.
    Attachment 5091
    I am so, so sorry euphonicfiend. I've often wondered the very same thing after losing a pet, and had it not been for finding this poem, I might still be hurting as bad as I know you are. Instead, it has eased the pain and actually given me solace in knowing that one day my pets and I will be together again... I hope it does the same for you, my friend...

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

What is an enormous amount?

Like several thousand dollars.

Unless taxes aren't taken out of your paycheck, how in the hell did that happen? Last year I had to pay over 3k. not fun.

Perhaps if you haven't already, start an llc and expense your life to a tax free america like it should be.

OR, I fucked up and I'm owed a big return. Christ. Time to call H&R Block.

I exercised a fuck load of stock options last year, and got taxed heavily on them at the time, so I assumed everything was okay... and I think it is actually OK. I think I accidentally managed to count them as income twice due to the crappy way H&R Block's online tax stuff is set up.

Ie, the income from and the tax withheld from the stock options was already added into my W-2, and using their overly simplistic tutorials, I added the income in again.

I am STILL waiting on a last 1099 before i can file. ARGH
    last.fm

Thankfully all of mine are sent electronically.

I got my main ones before I even got my W2 early in january, but I did a bunch of small freelance jobs for this one person that just fucking LAGS.
    last.fm

Heidi, why haven't you discussed this with me? It's only what I do for a living.
    Recondite 9/27 TBA
    Treasure Island 10/18

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Author unknown...
    I don't know if it's because I am already particularly emotional today, but this made me cry. I was lucky enough to have many pets as a child and unfortunately that comes with losing them as well. I only have one childhood dog left and I know he will go soon. He is at least 17 years old (full grown when we got him) and has had a great life. It's gonna be a sad day. Thanks for sharing It's nice to imagine being reunited with all of my best friends over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by LetThereBeLight View Post
    I don't know if it's because I am already particularly emotional today, but this made me cry. I was lucky enough to have many pets as a child and unfortunately that comes with losing them as well. I only have one childhood dog left and I know he will go soon. He is at least 17 years old (full grown when we got him) and has had a great life. It's gonna be a sad day. Thanks for sharing It's nice to imagine being reunited with all of my best friends over the years.
    I know exactly how you feel. I am having a piss poor day too, and I just started tearing up reading this! You should read the 10 commandments of dogs.

http://stallionstation.com/dogs/commandments.html
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by flea73 View Post
    Heidi, why haven't you discussed this with me? It's only what I do for a living.
    Hah! Because I only just started doing my taxes today. I figured it out though, it was definitely double-counting the proceeds from my stock sale (since it was already counted in my W-2). I kind of hate these online tax forms for dummies... if I just sit down with the forms and instructions, it may take me a lot longer, but at least I feel certain I'm doing it right. Their tax 'wizard' is totally non-intuitive for options. I went from owing like $4k to getting several thousand back. Which sounds more accurate, because literally half of my sale went straight to taxes. :P

Yeah, for certain types of transactions (like stock options) the DIY programs can be more of a hassle than helpful. Glad you figured it out though. For future you're always welcome to pick my brain.
    Recondite 9/27 TBA
    Treasure Island 10/18

Quote Originally Posted by LetThereBeLight View Post
    I'm sorry...I guess I should have put a NSFW type warning about the potential for crying while reading. I know I still cry every time, but the tears don't hurt as bad... And, while you know a sad day is inevitable, the fact that you can say your friend had a good long life should help ease the hurt. Consider yourself lucky to have had 17+ years with all of that unconditional love...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

^^ well put.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Author unknown...
    I read this and I thought man, this is some seriously sentimental tripe. Purgatory for pets? what a load of crap.

Then I went and hugged my dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I just heard that I fucked something up on a job. Fun times. The fabricator ordered bunch of HSS5x5x1/4 when it should have been HSS5x5x1/2. I left them as a 1/4 thick wall in the bill of material. I'm pretty swamped right now and don't have anyone to check my work. I've been fortunate enough, and luckily he only has to pay the re-stocking fee, but it fucking sucks!! Far from perfect, but it's really shitty when I fuck something up. Everything has been minor, and really, this was as well. But it's a big "What if...?". If he didn't catch that and started fabricating, that would have been a nice amount of money. Fuck!