Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annoying Crowds

Default Annoying Crowds

I have a question.

Are the audiences at the Coachella festival as annoying as 90% of the people on these message boards? The coachella line-ups are amazing, but if the crowd is any representation of what this message board is, then I'm going to pass. Crowd's can absolutely ruin a performance.

Now..proceed to post your trendy LOL pictures, call me a d-bag, and tell me I have horrible taste in music.

Default Re: Annoying Crowds

only like 1% of people post on this bored.

just sayin
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

how can we say you have horrible taste if you haven't presented anything yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

52 members are online (whom have been to more than one Coachella) 110 Guests (lurkers) who have probably never been to a Coachella. The 52+ members are the main ones that post. If you dont like 52+ members im pretty sure 52 people out of 60,000 people really wont make a difference what the crowds are like.

Coachella is amazing. The atmosphere and vibe at the festival is awesome.
    You ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?

glamourdamaged.etsy.com

Well I will take that as good news then.

I have 2 friends who went last year, but I was lacking the cash and went to a cheaper festival that weekend. They said it was amazing and are planning the trip back.

Thanks for the input.

And just to give you the opportunity to say I have bad taste in music, here's a top 10 list of my current favorite bands/artists:

1. Guster
    2. Sleeping At Last
    3. My Morning Jacket
    4. Muse
    5. Radiohead
    6. Beck
    7. Mute Math
    8. The David Crowder Band
    9. Ryan Adams
    10. Jon McLaughlin

anyone who likes Radiohead can't be bad in my book....
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

I also like NSync.

Seriously.

The crowds, for the most part, are not annoying, but fun-loving, and loving of seriously good music. Really, my only complaint centers on the rudeness of Tool fans booing at Massive Attack. Tool should be banned from future concerts because of their fans.

Banned

d bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Foucault View Post
    The crowds, for the most part, are not annoying, but fun-loving, and loving of seriously good music. Really, my only complaint centers on the rudeness of Tool fans booing at Massive Attack. Tool should be banned from future concerts because of their fans.
    But really it is like that with any hard core camps...Madonna fans, RATM fans, you will always get rude people like that...

Sometimes I listen to Jack Johnson

all the people I met at Coachella were gold except for one stereotypical douche bag frat boy whom I was pretty sure was just there for the red hot chili peppers and the party...it was an isolated incident

Sometimes I listen to the wind.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Quote Originally Posted by JackoWcko View Post
    I have a question.

Are the audiences at the Coachella festival as annoying as 90% of the people on these message boards? The coachella line-ups are amazing, but if the crowd is any representation of what this message board is, then I'm going to pass. Crowd's can absolutely ruin a performance.

Now..proceed to post your trendy LOL pictures, call me a d-bag, and tell me I have horrible taste in music.
    60,000 of the coolest people I've shared a good time with each day, including the 90% on this message board. The 90% you see here represent the fact that Coachella can become an addiction, and without our "fix" we get alittle edgy,trite, impatient, and sometimes even retarded in our posts. We're just trying to get by until our connection arrives, forgive us.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnypark View Post
    all the people I met at Coachella were gold except for one stereotypical douche bag frat boy whom I was pretty sure was just there for the red hot chili peppers and the party...it was an isolated incident
    I met quite a few of those fucktards, moral of the story, theres plenty of other stages! I think I was in the sahara tent during most of the chillis and came back out for tiesto but there were still a few lurkers.
    Recent studies at Yale have shown that being an asshole is detrimental to one's health. Professor Sweetlove, a Psychology professor, came on record as saying:
    "Assholes and local desert rats tend to live shorter lives and have less consensual sexual relations than non assholes. It could be due to lower testoserone levels or a chemical imbalance in the brain but some people are just wired to be.... well.... assholes"
    Full story can be found here. AP

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

I have a question.

I have been to the Coachella 2005, 2006 and 2007. In general, the people are much less obnoxious than at other festivals. One reason is because you have to go to the beer garden or VIP area to drink, so you don't have as many drunk people tripping over you to get their alcohol.

There will always be some problems with 60,000 people in one place. Just avoid the stages with the overhyped, "hipster" bands because the crowds will be huge. The biggest problem at Coachella is that there are up to 60k people there, and for example, the Mohave tent can hold about 5k people max. So, if half the people want to see the same band, someone will be disappointed. (Or squished) But, the main stage area is huge, and they do use the video screens.

wel hm if think that is goin ot be a not good pepol at coahell athen are obiously wrong everyon that seed here on the mesege bord is probyl not even going to be at cohacella fore xpme there is a tiger and bunny put eotgether and they will not alow that in this year everytimed i get there alway sem to say hey do not seem like i am onned a meseage bord anymore so think that solve your scase

oh my god! cloud9, welcome back! you have no idea how much this board needs you right now.

I have a question.

Please, tell us more about this behavior you see on the board that makes you not want to come to Coachella, because I want to be sure I'm saying exactly the right things.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

helo crazed and thank for the welcom i comed on here a ocuple of time but there nto that any goo d one it sem that everyone jsut want the line u pto come out but hey it nice to see u

Most people at Coachella are really awesome people. Sure there's the occasional obnoxious bro just looking for a party, tweaker looking for violence, or spoiled Paris Hilton type (or actually Paris), but most everyone is fine. I mean, we all love music, right?

I almost passed out after Weezer and again this year while waiting for the CSS signing that never was, and complete strangers gave me water both times. I was lost, sick, and freaking out without a cell phone (yeah, some scumbag did steal my phone) this year Sunday night and it took me over an hour to find my tent, and people were trying to help me find my group. I was lying on the grass watching the sky one night and someone "helped" me up because he thought I had passed out. Had a really nasty, random nosebleed on Sunday (God, Sunday this year was horrible) and someone tried to help me stop it, and a vendor gave me a bag of ice. People share their snacks, gold bond, and weed at camp, too. It's that kind of atmosphere.

Not really sure why this board is such a wretched hive of scum and villainy, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Not really sure why this board is such a wretched hive of scum and villainy, though.
    Boourns, these are the Internetz.

Internetz, this is Boourns.

Last edited by gaypalmsprings; 12-13-2007 at 09:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

I'm confused.

It's been a long time...

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Please, tell us more about this behavior you see on the board that makes you not want to come to Coachella, because I want to be sure I'm saying exactly the right things.
    I guess I could pull up specific threads, but I'm lazy.

In summary: bashing on someone's musical taste any time someone posts anything about any band whatsoever gets old fast.

Just go look in the Rumors section. I cant get through one thread without wanting to smack everyone around with a large salmon.

Banned

rumours are what they are: rumours....

the majority of people here are just really into going to concerts and festivals and have strong opinions. just go look at the list of some of these people. one person went to around 100+ concerts this year alone. i went to 14 festivals this year so we all do our share of going to concerts...

the coachella festival itself is a very good festival to hang out at. clean, not alot of drunks, very good vibe.... i do reccommend it on that alone....

You can't generalize about the entire Coachella just because of some posters on a message board.

I guess I could pull up specific threads, but I'm lazy.

In summary: bashing on someone's musical taste any time someone posts anything about any band whatsoever gets old fast.

Just go look in the Rumors section. I cant get through one thread without wanting to smack everyone around with a large salmon.
    Large salmons suck. They're just ripping off Joy Division. Obviously you're gay.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop