Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fiona Apple

Default Re: Fiona Apple

Quote Originally Posted by mvanwinkle View Post
    Jenny lewis(rilo kiley)> fiona apple> alanis
    preference in who i would like to see the most.
    100% agreed
    What is the obsession with so-so contemporary 90s artists (Alannis)?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.

I still own Jagged Little Pill and break it out once in an alcohol-poisoning, but if for some reason she ever ended up at Coachella, I wouldn't even think twice about skipping it.
    "Yes, I am indeed beautiful! Sometimes I sit and wonder, in my artless Japanese way, why it is that I am so much more attractive than anybody else in the whole world. Can this be vanity? No! Nature is lovely and rejoices in her loveliness. I am a child of Nature, and take after my mother."

What are the chances of her being there? Has she been touring at all lately?

Fiona was supposed to play here in SD a few months ago, but surprise, surprise it was cancelled

Fiona was also going to be on the lineup for a chick-oriented festival that was supposed to take place in Anaheim recently. It was called Girl Power or something equally vaggy. Also had Sheryl Crow and Tori Amos I think, forget who else. So she's not against playing festivals.

Oh, and sorry but listen to me very carefully: all of you assholes even putting Fiona in the same class as Alanis have never listen to Fiona's catalog and have no idea what you're talking about. Jenny Lewis is good, I like her stuff a lot, but she is at best barely holding a candle to the quality of Fiona's artistic merit. Seriously, you don't know what you're talking about. Go and listen to the first five tracks off Tidal or pretty much all of When The Pawn and pretty much all of Extraordinary Machine. She is among the absolute greats of soulful female musicians EVER. No bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

oh ya no question, having Fiona there would be amazing. Can't think of any other female solo artist I'd rather have....Emily Haines would come close, but still a distant second.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I wanted to go see her when she was touring with Damien Rice. I thought that was an awesome combination. when they played in the bay area it was at the Mountain Winery, which I have yet to visit but have heard is a great venue. but for that one stop on the tour they each played different nights! major bummer. me and my friend skipped it.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Fiona was also going to be on the lineup for a chick-oriented festival that was supposed to take place in Anaheim recently. It was called Girl Power or something equally vaggy. Also had Sheryl Crow and Tori Amos I think, forget who else. So she's not against playing festivals.

Oh, and sorry but listen to me very carefully: all of you assholes even putting Fiona in the same class as Alanis have never listen to Fiona's catalog and have no idea what you're talking about. Jenny Lewis is good, I like her stuff a lot, but she is at best barely holding a candle to the quality of Fiona's artistic merit. Seriously, you don't know what you're talking about. Go and listen to the first five tracks off Tidal or pretty much all of When The Pawn and pretty much all of Extraordinary Machine. She is among the absolute greats of soulful female musicians EVER. No bullshit.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Tidal is amazing, especially for a first record.

When the Pawn... is equally good, and really shows her maturity as an artist. This is the album that Kanye West once hailed as one of the great albums of the decade.

Extraordinary Machine is just amazing. The first track is perhaps the best Fiona Apple has ever done. The album overall is much more jazzy than any of her other work.

Anyhow, I'd love to see her added to the Coachella line-up, but as always, I'm not counting on anything.

Strange thing about Extraordinary Machine is that I liked the unmastered leaked versions with Jon Brion's arrangement much better (not counting actual sound quality of course--unmastered and all) than what she eventually released, but they were all still great. That crazy bitch makes women respectable for a minute. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop