Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fiona Apple

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default Fiona Apple

I dig her 2nd album "when the pawn". I'm sure people hate her but I would like to see her. She's nutty as hell to boot!

Default Re: Fiona Apple

I love her voice and she is always with great musicians... I saw her live in new york in 2000 and last year at myrtle beach, right after I went to Coachella 2006... great shows... her last album extraordinary machine is amazing... I'd love to see her at mojave tent or maybe outdoor stage...
    please Fiona Apple at Coachella 2008...

Thirded.

wow ya, barely very little could take me away from that stage..

I would wish for a decent conflict... just never got into her music.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.

my ass would be there
    je suis un extraterrestre

yes please.
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

Quote Originally Posted by nocigarettes View Post
    my ass would be there
    Is fiona a top?
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

a top?
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

Quote Originally Posted by dontfeedthebird View Post
    Is fiona a top?
    hahaaha

id go to fiona - shes a weirdo tho and prolly doesnt wanna play coachella

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

what is so weird and nutty about this girl?

My fantasy line-up would have her playing right before Portishead. (TeamCoachella, please refrain from dubbing that "epic.")

shakermaker: I don't think she's nutty but she definitely has some sort of mental disorder. I saw her in Phoenix last year and she was thrashing about the stage during the musical interlude of "Get Gone," looking like she was in the same emotional state she was in when she wrote the song. There was an infamous performance from her When the Pawn... tour when she got pissed off about the sound and just walked off the stage. There was her acceptance speech at the MTV Video Music Awards in '96 or '97 when she declared the world "bullshit." Then there was an interview in Entertainment Weekly during the first Lillith tour when she said that she got so upset over an article that dismissed her as an Alanis Morissette wannabe that she scratched the skin off one of her hands. So yeah, there's all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

I'd love to see Fiona at Coachella. She is an amazing performer who would fit right into the vibe of the weekend.

My only worry would be that she'd have a nervous breakdown if the sun was too hot.

Believe it or not, it has actually happened before.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

wow. I never knew this of her. I suddenly have more respect for her.

When she opened for cold play she was really crazy and all over the place.

Speaking of Alanis, I wouldn't OBJECT to her playing Coachella.

Jenny lewis(rilo kiley)> fiona apple> alanis
    preference in who i would like to see the most.

Fiona is nuts, but good artists usually are. I mean seriously, you don't have to be a genius to know that Tidal is about some fucked up sexual abuse shit. That being said, she's one of the artists I think I'd most enjoy seeing in the world but I'd want her performing with a full backing band led by Jon Brion.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

yeah, let's say she is a little crazy but she is a great singer... she can do an amazing performance if you put her on mojave tent at night, not in a big stage on daylight... I saw her twice, 2000 and 2006 with different bands but both great performances...

Just so long as they don't put her next to the Sahara tent late at night like they did Cat Power. The sound bleed from Carl Cox's bass totally ruined Cat Power's set for me and I'm sure Fiona would go apeshit if that happened to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

I would see Fiona....
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Jenny Lewis over Fiona Apple? I don't think so. Fiona Apple invented music.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

fiona over jenny for sure

she's a goddess

too bad fiona is a lunatic

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Fiona is nuts, but good artists usually are. I mean seriously, you don't have to be a genius to know that Tidal is about some fucked up sexual abuse shit. That being said, she's one of the artists I think I'd most enjoy seeing in the world but I'd want her performing with a full backing band led by Jon Brion.
    I was thinking the exact same thing (Jon Brion) when I opened the thread. I don't even think a full backing band would be necessary, I'd settle for Jon Brion on his own.
    "Yes, I am indeed beautiful! Sometimes I sit and wonder, in my artless Japanese way, why it is that I am so much more attractive than anybody else in the whole world. Can this be vanity? No! Nature is lovely and rejoices in her loveliness. I am a child of Nature, and take after my mother."

where would fiona play. mid afternoon main stage. or tent headliner?

I could see outdoor theatre maybe? She doesn't strike me as headliner material, but too big for a tent.
    "Yes, I am indeed beautiful! Sometimes I sit and wonder, in my artless Japanese way, why it is that I am so much more attractive than anybody else in the whole world. Can this be vanity? No! Nature is lovely and rejoices in her loveliness. I am a child of Nature, and take after my mother."

outdoor 2 or 3 to last?

Hell no.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

hell no to her being their? or my prediction times are way off?? which they probably are.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Just so long as they don't put her next to the Sahara tent late at night like they did Cat Power. The sound bleed from Carl Cox's bass totally ruined Cat Power's set for me and I'm sure Fiona would go apeshit if that happened to her.
    Hopefully next year Cat Power will play the Outdoor Theater a couple hours earlier.

As for Fiona, it's strange that she's never played. Didn't she play Vegoose last year?