Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL 2008 Coachella Lineup Pool Thread! Click here to enter!

Default The OFFICIAL 2008 Coachella Lineup Pool Thread! Click here to enter!

Okay gang, for the 2007 lineup I started a prediction pool on the old board just for fun. And bragging rights. For the 2008 lineup, the pool will also be for fun...it won't cost you anything but your time.

OFFICIAL RULES

Prediction Requirements
    You MUST list 20 bands, no more, no less. Also, headliners will be required, so the first three names on your list will be considered your headliner predictions. For correct headliner guesses, you will be rewarded TWO points for each, and all other bands will count as one point.

How To Enter:
    Either email your predictions and board handle to coachella08predictions@gmail.com or private message your list to idrive1life. You can resubmit your list as often as you wish until the deadline, but keep in mind that in the event of a tie, the poster with the fewest resubmits and/or the earliest final submission, will win. So there's incentive to just send your list in once and be done with it. Also, for example, if Rick Astley gets confirmed by CNN on Friday, and you had previously submitted him in your list on Thursday, then you still get points for him, but he'd be restricted for everyone else. Okay?

Prize:
    Unlike the 2007 pool, the winner of the 2008 pool will actually get a prize to be determined at a later date, donated at my expense (most likely a cd or vinyl 7" of a Coachella 2008 artist), but if I end up winning this contest, then the next person will get the prize, because since I'm the one paying for everything, I'm not exactly eligible to win. I make some pretty illogical predictions, so I doubt that will happen. My guesses are for fun.

Deadline:
    All entries must be sent via email or PM to coachella08predictions@gmail.com or idrive1life by Tuesday, December 18th at 10PM Pacific Time. No exceptions.

Misc:
    Do not post your list, or anyone else's, on the board before idrive1life reveals them all.

RESTRICTED BANDS (FINAL LIST):
    Cold War Kids (added 12/16 @ 3:19am)
    The Breeders
    Dwight Yoakam
    Heidi Vogel & The Cinematic Orchestra
    Autolux
    The Verve
    Death Cab for Cutie
    Austin TV
    VHS or Beta
    Rabbit in the Moon
    Just like in 2007, to guarantee diversity in the prediction lists, bands that are considered "confirmed" will be restricted. This list will be finalized sometime Monday, and if it just so happens that pitchfork or billboard "confirms" another band immediately after the list is declared FINAL, then those latest scoops would be fair game.

Any questions?
    Last edited by Boourns; 12-17-2007 at 10:44 AM. Reason: FINAL RESTRICTED LIST

Default Re: The OFFICIAL 2008 Coachella Lineup Pool Thread! Click here to enter!

whoa, when did the verve become "confirmed"
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Default Re: The OFFICIAL 2008 Coachella Lineup Pool Thread! Click here to enter!

I'll add to Bourne's prize pool by donating a WHOLE DOLLAR.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    whoa, when did the verve become "confirmed"
    http://catdirtsez.blogspot.com/2007/...008-verve.html

They revealed to the world the whole "WTF? THAT CAN'T BE TRUE" pairing of Scar Jo and the Jesus and Mary Chain, and scopped the Friday set times a few days early, so they are just as dependable as the souces that "confirmed" Rabbit in the Moon, Austin TV, Death Cab, etc.

good enough for me.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

The Verve thing is pretty obvious to me.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

i want in

I'm in, but your restrictions list is stupid as it relies completely on hearsay, MySpace and blog posts. The Breeders is pretty much the only solid confirmation on the list.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Banned

ok im in lets do this.

I received 2 or 3 (one with correction?) entries in the e-mail already. *I have not opened them yet*

Oh well, I guess, it does not matter now whether they have been officially confirmed or just as heavily rumored/probables ... DO NOT INCLUDE the following bands in your predictions:
    Currently Restricted Bands (as of Dec. 11):
    The Breeders
    Dwight Yoakam
    Heidi Vogel & The Cinematic Orchestra
    Autolux
    The Verve
    Death Cab for Cutie
    Austin TV
    VHS or Beta
    Rabbit in the Moon
    Coachella 2015 Food Wish List
    Food Trucks: Germany's Famous Bratwurst, Fist of Fusion, Komodo, Oooh LaLa Crepes, Ludo Truck, Seoul Sausage, Vizzi Truck, Kogi BBQ

Restaurants: L' Atelier Cafe, Pho Vu, Le Vallauris, Tropicale, Pomme Frite, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Crave, Cafe Scandia, Swiss Donut

WORLD of BEER
    Bring Back The Following:
    KazuNori, At Night + Market Song, Beer Belly, Mexicali, Crossroads, Baco Mercat, Stumptown

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    when does set times come out?

Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    I'm in, but your restrictions list is stupid as it relies completely on hearsay, MySpace and blog posts. The Breeders is pretty much the only solid confirmation on the list.
    If there wasnt that list though, I am sure most people would list at least some of those bands as part of thier predictions. I know I would.
    And as Boourns said, that list is the create diversity in our predictions list. There are 120-ish bands playing at Coachella. Only 9 are restricted.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

true dat.

I wanted to list Led Zeppelin, but I stopped myself at the last minute.
    The Glitter Freeze

c dub, what was your name on the old board?
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Let's do this.

Also:

Can I send a preliminary list and then send my updated one when I think of more stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    c dub, what was your name on the old board?
    How old? - it was kasabian for a spell
    The Glitter Freeze

Alright, Im in.

Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post
    Also:

Can I send a preliminary list and then send my updated one when I think of more stuff?
    Good question. Ask idrive since he has to deal with all the emails/PMs.

I am in as well.
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    I did it without asking. I figure it will be okay since the deadline isn't for a few days.

right for example Bonde Do Role would've been a good pick this morning - then they went and breoke up this afternoon.
    The Glitter Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    How old? - it was kasabian for a spell
    the board right before this one. I remember now.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

I really would bet money that Aphex Twins will be there...
    Quote Originally Posted by sames44 View Post
    Marriage is a beautiful thing - everyone should try it at least twice in their lifetime.

This sounds so GOd-damned fun that I'm going to spend half an hour of my life to type up my twenty most favorite bands, and have trouble with email, just so I can wait a month to have my dreams crushed!
    Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot piiiieeeeeeeee!

I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviate_420 View Post
    I really would bet money that Aphex Twins will be there...
    I would take that bet. Win/Win.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post
    Also:

Yes.

I'm in. Man, between this and the Create Your Own Festival Contest, I'm not getting any work done this month.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Boourns,

1. Should I allow them to make unlimited changes before the deadline? I think we should. I can handle that. (*Well, you could add that in the rules and you could use it, like in case you need to break ties, i.e, winner will be the one who sent their entry earliest AND/OR who has made the least # of changes ... Oh well, too late?*)

2. If we found out later before the deadline that if certain band(s) are officially confirmed, from what I understand in your rules, you are going to add those band(s) in your restricted list?

a. Those who have not sent their entries are disallowed to include them in their list.

b. The ones who submitted their entries early with those band(s) on their lists are allowed to keep them AND they will get points if those band(s) are included in the official lineup.

I have a feeling that a major headliner leak will happen this week.
    Last edited by idrive1life; 12-11-2007 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by idrive1life View Post
    Boourns,

Should I allow them to make unlimited changes before the deadline? I think we should. I can handle that. (*Well, you could add that in the rules and you could use that, in case you need to break ties, i.e, winner will be the one who sent their entry earliest AND/OR who has made the least # of changes*)

If we found out later before the deadline that certain band(s) are officially confirmed, from what I understand in your rule, you are going to add those band(s) in your restricted list?

a. Those who have not sent their entries are disallowed to include them in their list.

b. The ones who submitted their entries early with those band(s) on their lists will get their points.

I have a feeling that a major headliner leak will happen this week.
    Yes, sounds good.