Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what like lineup announcement in 6 weeks?

Default So what like lineup announcement in 6 weeks?

It's not that far away. It really isn't.

Default Re: So what like lineup announcement in 6 weeks?

Holy crap it is.

January 21 everybody. Mark your calenders.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Good God. you're right I need to get money together.
    "Choke on that Causality!"

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I don't give a shit if the Killers are playing; I'll watch something else-even if it's watching the poor churro man get trampled by stoners.

Coachella Junkie

we know that lineup will be announced on January 21? it that confirmed? or is that like give or take a few days?

The police shot & killed a guy outside the Indio Motel 6 today. You have a short while left to find a place to stay, other than the Motel 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Bonarroo is trying to steal Coachella's thunder with a late January/Early February lineup announcement. GV would be well served to announce it in the beginning of January to give it a month of publicity or so before Zeppelin gets announced for the Roo.
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    Bonarroo is trying to steal Coachella's thunder with a late January/Early February lineup announcement. GV would be well served to announce it in the beginning of January to give it a month of publicity or so before Zeppelin gets announced for the Roo.
    I really don't think Goldenvoice gives a shit when the Bonnaroo line up is announced. Even if Zeppelin are playing. It would be awesome if the Coachella line up was announced earlier, but I highly doubt its going too.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I really don't think Goldenvoice gives a shit when the Bonnaroo line up is announced. Even if Zeppelin are playing. It would be awesome if the Coachella line up was announced earlier, but I highly doubt its going too.
    I think it should concern them somewhat as I am sure they would like to milk any free press they can get for as long as possible. If they post their lineup and Bonnaroo follows just days after later, then they have to compete for headlines. I am sure they would rather dominate.
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    I think it should concern them somewhat as I am sure they would like to milk any free press they can get for as long as possible. If they post their lineup and Bonnaroo follows just days after later, then they have to compete for headlines. I am sure they would rather dominate.
    Since '04, Coachella has been known worldwide. I have read many articles saying if there are only two music festival you MUST go to in your life, they are Glastonbury and Coachella. I think that was especialy solidified with the '07 line up. Bonnaroo has lots of national attention and quite a bit of international atention, but not as much as Coachella.
    Basically, I dont think GV sees itself in direct competition with Bonnaroo. Obviously there is SOME competition. But think about it. Both are completely different festivals, and unless you are into the festival scene (like most of us here) or are a huge music fan (like all of us) with incredibly broad taste (like some of us here) you probably would be interested in either of the two. Not both.
    In summary, yes, it would serve GV well to get their line up out before Bonnaroo. But it will not spell the end of Coachella if they do not.
    I wonder if GV knows when Superfly will announce their line up? And Vice versa? Imagine if neither knew... and the line-ups were released on the same day this year?

Banned

all festivals and promoters have a unspoken agreement to have their own time to announce their lineups. coachella will go first, bonnaroo will go next. its a respect thing to not fuck with the press release of the lineup.

Oh geez, don't stay at the Motel 6 in Indio really.

I stayed there once.

It was hell...

I kept calling the front desk and finally whenever I called the guy would answer, "yeah 15"..

First of all, everything they sell is in vending machines that don't work. The only thing the front desk guy could tell me was, go to the road and walk until you hit the walgreens. And he had no control to give me a refund or get the machines working.

I asked for a do not disturb sign and he said they don't do do not disturb signs.

I asked for extra towels and they said I exceeded my towel limit.

It just sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    The police shot & killed a guy outside the Indio Motel 6 today. You have a short while left to find a place to stay, other than the Motel 6.
    It wasnt the Indio Motel 6

http://www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dl...NTPAGECAROUSEL
    You ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?

glamourdamaged.etsy.com

Wait, what do you mean?

The title of this thread gave me an aneurysm.

Banalroo wishes it was a 1/4 of the awesomeness that is Coachella.

Well, if Zeppelin is announced for Bonnaroo, surely it'll get A LOT of attention from the media. There will be many people trying to decide between Coachella or a Zeppelin show, assuming they are playing only a couple of big shows in the US. It's not the same The Police at Bonnaroo and 30+ shows in the country than Zeppelin at the Roo and only 3-4 more shows.

But yeah, Coachella probably will sell out regardless Bonnaroo lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    Wait, what do you mean?
    hahahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    Well, if Zeppelin is announced for Bonnaroo, surely it'll get A LOT of attention from the media. There will be many people trying to decide between Coachella or a Zeppelin show, assuming they are playing only a couple of big shows in the US. It's not the same The Police at Bonnaroo and 30+ shows in the country than Zeppelin at the Roo and only 3-4 more shows.

But yeah, Coachella probably will sell out regardless Bonnaroo lineup.
    If Zeppelin play Bonnaroo... there is no doubt there will be HUGE media attention drawn to it. And yes, it may hurt ticket sales for Coachella because some people will pick Led Zeppelin over Coachella. But there will be a lot of people who do both as well. And as I said, a good number of Coachella goers dont really care about a Zeppelin reunion.
    I think Coachella is ALMOST at the point where it could pull a Glastonbury and put regular onsale tickets before the line up is released and still sell a decent amount. Granted, we do have presale. But you know what I mean.

Banned

plant and krauss announced some u.k dates:
    May 05 - Birmingham, UK @ NIA
    May 07 - Manchester, UK @ Apollo
    May 08 - Cardiff, UK @ International Arena
    May 10 - Düsseldorf, GER @ Philipshalle
    May 11 - Brussells, BEL @ Forest National Club
    May 13 - Paris, FRA @ Le Grand Rex Theatre
    May 14 - Amsterdam, NETH @ Heineken Music Hall
    May 16 - Stockholm, SWE @ Hovet (Ice Hall)
    May 18 - Oslo, NOR @ Spektrum
    May 19 - Bergen, NOR @ Bergenshalle
    May 22 - London, UK @ Wembley Arena

so the rumor is still gonna be out there for coachella or bonnaroo. i just dont see any reason for them to do coachella. bonnaroo seems like a better rumor..

I think my reservations are at the Indio Motel 6. I stayed there in '03 and it wasn't too bad. If I'm still with my girlfriend come Coachella, then I won't have to worry about that reservation since she's got another place booked. As long as it beats camping (meaning I get my own shower and a bed to sleep on and there aren't any bugs), I don't give too much of a shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

I am so happy my family owns a condo out there, saves me a ton of headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    I think my reservations are at the Indio Motel 6. I stayed there in '03 and it wasn't too bad. If I'm still with my girlfriend come Coachella, then I won't have to worry about that reservation since she's got another place booked. As long as it beats camping (meaning I get my own shower and a bed to sleep on and there aren't any bugs), I don't give too much of a shit.
    Breaking News:

Indio, CA - AP
    Somewhat Damaged was found today at a Motel 6 in Indio, California where it is believed he was attending the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. Police say that three armed men broke into his hotel room early in the morning believing it to be the location of a methamphetamine dealer who had ripped them off. Somewhat Damaged was shot multiple times before the suspects fled the scene. Friends and family say that he had stayed at the Motel 6 because he was too much of a pussy to camp.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    Breaking News:
    that is pretty funny...no offense somewhat damaged....
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by scoop49er View Post
    so the rumor is still gonna be out there for coachella or bonnaroo. i just dont see any reason for them to do coachella. bonnaroo seems like a better rumor..
    If there was any hope that Zeppelin were gonna be at Coachella it is now all gone. I say there is still the chance Zeppelin play Bonnaroo.

If there was any hope that Zeppelin were gonna be at Coachella it is now all gone. I say there is still the chance Zeppelin play Bonnaroo.
    Do you really think Robert Plant would do double duty? I thought he was going to perform with Allison Krause at Bonnaroo....
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

hooray for getting $18/hr over christmas break!!!
    my ticket is paid forrrr

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    that is pretty funny...no offense somewhat damaged....
    Yes pretty funny indeed.

Rick, I have camped since 2003(aka the dark ages of camping) and never plan on changing that, until I have a family and I pretty much have to get a hotel because of kids. Camping is where its at, you get spoiled now its not even funny, I have no problems with any of the amenties on the camp groud and we even get some cool thigns regular attendees do nto get, and its at a price that cannot be beat.

Guys, seriously, I wish you would just accept that Zeppelin is playing Coachella already. Think about it. And for the record, I'm scalping tickets like a MOTHERFUCKER.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Guys, seriously, I wish you would just accept that Zeppelin is playing Coachella already. Think about it. And for the record, I'm scalping tickets like a MOTHERFUCKER.
    I might have to if Zeppelin does indeed headline...but if they don't can someone just say they told you so?

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post

Yeah for yourself AND for your company. Cheers.

if they do it won't be until 2009.