Thread: Five words: QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE

Default Five words: QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE

They must play. My friend knows the band. I will make it so.

Default Re: Five words: QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE

OK, WHATEVER

Coachella Junkie

one word: UNDERWORLD.

their new album sucks
    aaaaaahhhgagagagagagagagoooooooo

Queens of the Stone Age:

Quote Originally Posted by LadyGrey88 View Post
    They must play. My friend knows the band. I will make it so.
    We all know Daft Punk, they are coming back cause all of us talked to Thomas and Guy Man and they signed on already.

James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem is having a party and they are playign in his backyeard. RIGHT NOW.

I just got back from the QOTSA concert in Palm Desert. It was terrific - musically they were at their best. It was in a regular concert hall, and they had nearly everyone standing their entire set. Being a concert hall, you could actually hear singing, guitars, etc., no shouting and mosh pits needed.

Eagles of Death Metal were good as well. They really sucked at Coachella, but they rocked the house tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    I just got back from the QOTSA concert in Palm Desert. It was terrific - musically they were at their best. It was in a regular concert hall, and they had nearly everyone standing their entire set. Being a concert hall, you could actually hear singing, guitars, etc., no shouting and mosh pits needed.

Eagles of Death Metal were good as well. They really sucked at Coachella, but they rocked the house tonight.
    That is awesome! Did you see them at Vegoose? I caught the first half of their set and I really enjoyed it. I found it very hard to pull myself away from them to go see Iggy & The Stooges. But The Stooges fuckin rocked, so it was no great loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I would go see them. ( if no conflicts)

I saw them recently and were alot better than I thought there were gonna be. I hate the new album, very boring, and lullabies wasn't really much better, but they do put on a good live show (although not as good as when I saw themm in 2002 with Nick Oliveri, he really made the band)
    Download '03 '04 '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 Reading '02 '03 '04 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10, Coachella '07, WOMAD '07 '09, Glade '07 '08, Gatecrasher '08, T In The Park '08, Glastonbury '08 '10, Sonisphere '09, '10, High Voltage '10, Bloodstock '10, Bilbao BBK Live '10

Another 5 words; Queens of the Suck Ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

QOTSA used to be my favorite band..
    damn, I miss them.

I can't get into their new album.

Queens of the Stone Age rock out McCallum Theatre
    Environment proves 'surreal' for three bands

Bruce Fessier • The Desert Sun • December 10, 2007

For the first time, a capacity indie rock crowd cheered three home-grown bands Sunday at the McCallum Theatre.

Queens of the Stone Age, Eagles of Death Metal and Fatso Jetson, who all grew out of an underground Coachella Valley music scene in the 1990s, made it to the place where such artists as the Moscow Ballet, Miles Davis and the touring companies of "Cats" have played over the past 20 years.

Several artists could hardly believe it.

"This is probably the coolest thing in my life," said Bermuda Dunes resident Jesse Hughes, leader of Eagles of Death Metal. "I never expected this ol' hillbilly would be up on stage at the McCallum Theatre."

Former desert resident Mario Lalli Jr. of Fatso Jetson said before the show the whole event was "surreal."

"It still blows my mind that for the most part these bands playing this concert were born of back yard parties and generator shindigs in the Indio Hills. We used to have to go out to the middle of nowhere to play and do our thing and now the desert's premier performing arts center is hosting all these weirdo kids to their stage. Wow."

Almost lost among the homecoming excitement was the fact that Queens of the Stone Age were just nominated for a Grammy for best hard rock song for "Sick, Sick, Sick" this week. Queens leader Josh Homme said casually backstage it was the fourth straight nomination for the band.

"It feels really good because it's an unexpected stamp on your passport," he said. "But, the most important thing is to have a passport."

The Queens of the Stone Age kicked off their set, which included an aggressive rendition of "Sick, Sick, Sick."

The fans roared their appreciation at being able to see the diverse bands at the McCallum. Larry Reagins said it was worth the trip from Banning for him. He'd been to the McCallum Theatre before, but said, "I don't think they ever had a show like this."

Jan Harnik, president of one of the beneficiaries of the charity event, the Palm Desert High School Foundation said, "I love the music, but it's so exciting to see the McCallum Theatre just amp'd like this. It's so much fun."
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

I wouldn't be opposed
    "Choke on that Causality!"

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I don't give a shit if the Killers are playing; I'll watch something else-even if it's watching the poor churro man get trampled by stoners.

The last two albums were a bit weakish, but QOTSA is awesome. Last time I saw them was in 2004 though, before the two weakish albums and Nick was still in the band. I saw them in their prime. I'll take Gay's word for it that they are still awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

exactly... they need Nick back... and songs for the deaf was their best album....i would give most of the credit to Dave Grohl for that one.....
    aaaaaahhhgagagagagagagagoooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by F00FIGHTER20 View Post
    exactly... they need Nick back... and songs for the deaf was their best album....i would give most of the credit to Dave Grohl for that one.....
    Ummm... All Dave Grohl did was drums. He's a cool guy, but no way could you give Josh Homme's life achievement to Dave Ghrol. It wasn't the drums that made the album.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Yea, quite a few of those songs were written waaaay b4 Dave Grohl came in to drum for them.
    Download '03 '04 '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 Reading '02 '03 '04 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10, Coachella '07, WOMAD '07 '09, Glade '07 '08, Gatecrasher '08, T In The Park '08, Glastonbury '08 '10, Sonisphere '09, '10, High Voltage '10, Bloodstock '10, Bilbao BBK Live '10