Thread: FROM THE PEOPLE THAT BRING YOU THE GLASTO FESTIVAL - NOW GIVE YOU VINELAND?

Default FROM THE PEOPLE THAT BRING YOU THE GLASTO FESTIVAL - NOW GIVE YOU VINELAND?

From C3 - those behind such festivals as Lolla, ACL, Reading, Leeds, and Glastonbury - have confirmed another summer fest in the heart of... Southern New Jersey?!? Yes New Jersey, the city of Vineland to be exact (which if memory serves me, is about 30-40 minutes from the Jersey shore, I used to live in he next town over - Millville). Expect lots of 80's mall hair, and guys decked out in gold chains and too much hair gel... ok prolly not, but do expect the highly rumored Daft Punk to make another C3 show appearance.

Dates are in August - competing directly with Lolla I think. Crazy to think a few years ago all we had was Coachella? Still, Coachella is heads and shoulders above anything that has been put on since. 1000's of miles away and still MY festival home.

http://www.vinelandfestival.com/index.aspx
    Last edited by C DUB YA; 12-09-2007 at 06:50 PM.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Default Re: FROM THE PEOPLE THAT BRING YOU THE GLASTO FESTIVAL - NOW GIVE YOU VINELAND?

DAVID BOWIE
    as predicted by nostradamus

Default Re: FROM THE PEOPLE THAT BRING YOU THE GLASTO FESTIVAL - NOW GIVE YOU VINELAND?

I've heard that too - but I have heard that here (for Coachella) as well, so nothing set in stone yet - although Bowie does have a home in NYC. Would be an easy trek for the thin white duke... and family.
    The Glitter Freeze

i was kidding but of course that would be awesome, bowie anywhere would be awesome
    as predicted by nostradamus

Yeah I hear ya. Actually it was Brooklyn Vegan or some other music site that mentioned Bowie - along with Daft, MBV and Rage.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella Junkie

whoa. I am definitely going to keep this in mind. Finally another festival on the east coast.

They even have the same Reading/Leeds logo going on, which is kinda cool.
    The Glitter Freeze

eh...the lineups these days for Reading/Leeds usually aren't anything to brag about, and ACL and Lolla are practically the same fests...this just seems redundant.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

OH GREAT another daft punk rumor. just what we need.

perhaps with the distinct lack of east coast festivals it might succeed. I hope they do better than that one they tried in new york in 2003.

Coachella Junkie

seriously. Living in VA can suck sometimes. Coachella is enough money as it is. I'm really looking forward to how this is going to plan out - i'm looking forward to this line up as much as I am coachella's now.

This has been discussed. No offence C-Dub.
    But yeah, this is happening the weekend after Lolla. Not the same weekend. Those schedulers like conflicts... but they wouldnt have their festivals completely overlap.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

V Festival overlapped with Lolla didnt it this year? To think last year Lolla and street scene were competing over acts. Kanye had to play day 1 Lolla to do day 2 of Street Scene.

Coachella Junkie

yea V fest and Lolla were on the same weekend