Thread: Vol. 2 dvd?

Default Vol. 2 dvd?

Does anyone know if they plan to release a second Coachella dvd?
    "Yes, I am indeed beautiful! Sometimes I sit and wonder, in my artless Japanese way, why it is that I am so much more attractive than anybody else in the whole world. Can this be vanity? No! Nature is lovely and rejoices in her loveliness. I am a child of Nature, and take after my mother."

Default Re: Vol. 2 dvd?

If they do, maybe they choose to cylce through them every 5 or 6 festival years pretty much. So dont expect one until like 2011.

Someone (menikmati?) said that Rage had the footage of their show and were considering making a DVD of that, I think... but that may or may not be factual.
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    If they do, maybe they choose to cylce through them every 5 or 6 festival years pretty much. So dont expect one until like 2011.
    Would that imply then that they would disregard artists from those previous years that weren't on the first dvd? Because, other than interviews on disc 2 and the Arcade Fire, 2005 was completely skipped.
    "Yes, I am indeed beautiful! Sometimes I sit and wonder, in my artless Japanese way, why it is that I am so much more attractive than anybody else in the whole world. Can this be vanity? No! Nature is lovely and rejoices in her loveliness. I am a child of Nature, and take after my mother."

It's possible that they would go back and use old stuff if they have it, but I remember reading that they kind of filmed as the spare money in the Coachella budget (of which there was, of course, very little) would allow.

That is to say that I wouldn't be surprised if they either don't have much footage or much good footage from '05, depending on what kind of money they were working with that year.

I like how Supre assumes he knows dick about the dvd release schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Thats unfortunate. As much as I love the dvd, it seems like they were going out of their way to avoid showing the acts I was there for for the most part. I really want footage of Bauhaus, Dizzee Rascal, LCD Soundsystem (particularly in 2004) and basically the entirety of Gang of Four, New Order, and Nine Inch Nails (I was right up front for all of them one after another and it was probably the best concert experience of my life.)

I know that a professional video of the Rage performance was finished and mastered recently, and was waiting approval of the band for release. What kind of release exactly? I've heard it could be a DVD release of their complete performance this past April, or perhaps maybe just one or two songs from the Coachella set mixed in with other performances from their reunion tour. But I know that the video is finished (mixed with soundboard audio blah blah)...there's a couple Youtube clips where you can see inside the mixing room where the guy is editing/mastering the audio that is gonna be synced up with the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Cancersticks1 View Post
    Thats unfortunate. As much as I love the dvd, it seems like they were going out of their way to avoid showing the acts I was there for for the most part.
    Fuck, he's onto our vast global conspiracy. PACK UP THE MESSAGE BOARD AND RUN, BOYS, THE JIG IS UP!

I wish they would have gotten video of Faithless' performance. You can't find any good clips of it anywhere, which is sad. It was such an amazing performance. Especially the version of "Emergency". Anyone know where I can find any good audio or video of this set?

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I like how Supre assumes he knows dick about the dvd release schedule.
    Well it took em 6 years the first time, why not keep it up? I dont think a yearly on ala Roo would be a good investment. The Blue Room shouldve been nicer and updated their page with past things a week after the fest, but they are lazy...