Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 75 of 75

Thread: How Did I Survive this Board to 1000 Posts?

  1. #61
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    40,002

    Default Re: How Did I Survive this Board to 1000 Posts?

    Courtney how did you reach this conclusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  2. #62
    old school Somewhat Damaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    5,248

    Default Re: How Did I Survive this Board to 1000 Posts?

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    scalping wasn't what pissed me off about delta. it was the internet macho boy attitude. Oh and he threatened to beat me up once or twice as well. I guess that stuff's funny but it gets annoying to have to wade through thousands of posts like that. the schtick gets old.
    I spotted Delta at the Arcade Fire/LCD Soundsystem show at the Shoreline Amphitheater last September. I didn't feel like going over 'cause I felt like he deserved an elbow to the neck and I'm not one to instigate a fight. He had called captncrzy a cunt on the board, though, so she thought it'd be funny to walk over to him herself. She just introduced herself and he cowered in his seat. She brought up that he had called her a cunt and he sheepishly apologized.
    What was annoying about Delta was that stupid bravado he had, which obviously was to compensate for his inferiority complex. (From where I stood, he seemed to be a pretty small guy.) What made it worse was that he wasn't remotely funny. Say what you will about Randy, at least you laugh at 3/4 of his posts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Backwater View Post
    So did Super Mario ever find Randy?
    No...

    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    I'm guessing not since so many people thought Randy looked like Supre.
    ...but Supre had a black eye after the festival.

    Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    pink elephants.
    Yeah, that was pretty damn bad. ficklecycle was arguably a worse offender in the Daft Punk thread, but BD firebombed it with pink elephants and other emoticons so much that it did hurt my eyes to look in there sometimes.

    One thing I'll say in BD's defense: she is quite adept at attracting the most witheringly hilarious insults from Randy and TomAZ. I almost don't mind when she gets into one of her little spells because I know they're going to be right behind her with some gut-busting put-downs. It's almost as if they feel they have to one-up each other in describing their disdain for the woman. It's probably the thing I look forward to the most on this board -- BD saying stupid shit so Randy and Tom can mock her. Good job, folks, keep it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I like the Coachella package they sent out this year. we now all have a snail.....cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    In 12 more years, that snail will be nice and ready for you to fuck it.

  3. #63
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: How Did I Survive this Board to 1000 Posts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    What was annoying about Delta was that stupid bravado he had, which obviously was to compensate for his inferiority complex. (From where I stood, he seemed to be a pretty small guy.) What made it worse was that he wasn't remotely funny. Say what you will about Randy, at least you laugh at 3/4 of his posts.
    See, that's the thing that makes me feel bad about him sometimes. He's so seriously odd on the internet that I can't help thinking of him as actually... damaged, in some kind of clinical way, rather than just being obnoxious. He drives me nuts, but on the other hand, I find it hard to believe anybody functional can behave the way he does.

    I also know there's a good chance he's reading this, in which case, I'm kinda sorry, but man, you've got serious problems you need to get remedied. The problem really isn't everyone else's.
    Last edited by MissingPerson; 10-14-2008 at 04:20 PM.

  4. #64
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    15,947

    Default Re: How Did I Survive this Board to 1000 Posts?

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Courtney how did you reach this conclusion.
    I think I made my assumption of identity subconsciously based on likes and dislikes, as well as level of vocabulary and grammatical structure. And I suppose that I could still be correct in that said person could be lurking on the board and just not posting under their original user name, but it seems unlikely?

    Or maybe Calamity Jane is you!

    I really don't know, but I am now giving this far too much thought.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    See, that's the thing that makes me feel bad about him sometimes. He's so seriously odd on the internet that I can't help thinking of him as actually... damaged, in some kind of clinical way, rather than just being obnoxious. He drives me nuts, but on the other hand, I find it hard to believe anybody functional can behave the way he does.

    I also know there's a good chance he's reading this, in which case, I'm kinda sorry, but man, you've got serious problems you need to get remedied. The problem really isn't everyone else's.
    Aww... I miss Delta. He was kinda crazy, but he was also definitely entertaining.

  5. #65
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: How Did I Survive this Board to 1000 Posts?

    Which was the entertaining bit? Really? Was it the E's? It was the E's right? Do you really, really like the letter E?

  6. #66
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    20,802

    Default Re: How Did I Survive this Board to 1000 Posts?

    Yes.

  7. #67
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: How Did I Survive this Board to 1000 Posts?

    Ah. Makes sense now.

    Well, if anybody's feeling nostalgic...

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post

  8. #68
    Barbara, the ninja
    Guest

    Default Re: How Did I Survive this Board to 1000 Posts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    ter the festival.
    One thing I'll say in BD's defense: she is quite adept at attracting the most witheringly hilarious insults from Randy and TomAZ. I almost don't mind when she gets into one of her little spells because I know they're going to be right behind her with some gut-busting put-downs. It's almost as if they feel they have to one-up each other in describing their disdain for the woman. It's probably the thing I look forward to the most on this board -- BD saying stupid shit so Randy and Tom can mock her. Good job, folks, keep it up.
    I laughed out loud because this is 100% true. I must've remembered some insults unconsciously because I told some guy off saying how his face looked like it was caught on fire and then put out with a sock full of quarters. Thanks Randy for that one. I love how creative everyone on the board is

  9. #69
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    20,802

    Default Re: How Did I Survive this Board to 1000 Posts?

    The board can be inspiring.

  10. #70
    Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kensington market, Toronto.
    Posts
    6,367

    Default Re: How Did I Survive this Board to 1000 Posts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blinken View Post
    I believe this was you they were comparing to Suffacated.
    oh man. that delta thing was the best rouse ever. fuck. I almost let cheddar's cousin do that to me a while ago. we're cool now though.

  11. #71
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,557

    Default Re: How Did I Survive this Board to 1000 Posts?

    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    So, I never heard the story. Why does everyone hate Broken Doll so much? BD, do you know why you are so hated? I missed what appears to be an entire saga about why you are either ignored or hated.
    For the Noobz, the Old School, and even the Junkies...
    Teach me, i'm a noob.
    faxman75, When I bumped this thread up, I was hoping for the typical smartassed responses that have kept me amused from this board. What I didn't expect was the so-called hatred and hypacritical responses, especially from people I have never bashed that jumped on the bandwagon, so to speak. Because you were kind enough to ask before passing judgement, I'm gonna set the record straight... Keep in mind, I had never been a member on any message board before this one, so I wasn't familiar with the etiquette involved. I was also naive to the fact that regardless of how nice everybody was at the festival, once they could hide behind their screens, they became entirely different. (Which, I might add is another reason besides going back to work, that I've realized I need to step away from the board...I'll explain that shortly...) My first hard learned lesson began after joining the Daft Punk thread...
    QUOTE=[Crazzz2007;770849]pink elephants.[/QUOTE] Crazzz2007 put my ass in check right off the bat. Hell, if I had known that the foot I jumped in with was gonna end up in such deep shit later, I would have shot the fucking elephants and simply said, "Daft Punk. EPIC." Over and over like everyone else. Whenever it was brought to my attention, I generally followed the rules. (Which wasn't always easy if you realize the hypocritical behavior across the board.) Once again though, behind the safe haven of your PC, I guess you can be anyone you want. Nice or not. I joined the board due to the fact that unfortunately, at my age, many of my friends could care less about Coachella and it's music, or the type of people who go there. After my first time, I felt like I had found the ultimate place to meet people I could relate to. I never felt out of place at the fest because of my age, or appearance, and I never passed judgement on anyone there. I thought the diversity in people was probably the highlite of Coachella. I guess I expected that to extend over to the message board. I was wrong again. I thought once I got the mastedons out of the way, I'd do better. I even got brave enough to post my photo. Not because I thought I was cute or expected compliments, but because instead of having people think I was whoever they imagined in their minds, I was someone who regardless of age was willing to share my real identity. I got bashed. Yeah, I'm not 21 anymore, but, I'm not some strung-out meth-head either. I didn't realize that message board etiquette included such hypocritical cruelty. As for the drug accusations...I've never been a good girl, nor an angel, but, fuck...I've probably learned more about drugs off this board than I would have ever expected due to experience! Didn't take me long to realize there's a bandwagon everyone can join in on, especially if they have a need to be a part of something other than their true selves. Afew months ago I actually had an unknown newbie tell me to exit their thread. I witnessed one or two get told to ignore me, or else. (Salah, I'm only mentioning your name because up until that happened, you had been pretty nice to me and I'm sorry you were put on that spot. Even sorrier that you went with it...) Now, I could have bailed on this message board like say, Chad did after his bashing. Or, I could have put alot of you on ignore, or worse, posted my un- supported assumptions. Instead, I hung on with an open mind, and unfortunately attempted to defend myself. I'm not as adept at insults and oppinions as some people here, but I'm also not gonna allow someone to use and abuse me as their stepping stone to "coolness." Fuck that shit! If you're being an asshole, I'm gonna tell you! (Which unfortunately brings me to Amyzzz post..)

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    She used to post genitalia a lot. Photoshopped-on-board-people genitalia.
    A little exagerated, but yes, instead of thinking up word rebuttals, I chose to learn more etiquette lessons...I figured it was okay because what's the difference between a dude sucking on a black dildo and a caricature of a dickhead wearing a suit? Apparently, the "coolness" factor, I guess. Once the moderator warned me, another lesson was learned. You'd almost think I had invented photoshop, huh? Was it mentioned that I included myself in that bullshit?

    Quote Originally Posted by CalmerThanYou View Post
    i think she's hated because every post she makes is absolutely retarded and 9/10 completely off topic.
    Calmer, I can accept being ignored, retarded, or off-topic. (Like peeing in someone's ass isn't some stupid shit? I don't expect to please everybody. But, hated? That's just not Coachella, my friend...You're on the wrong bandwagon there.

    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Hmm i'm oblivious to a lot of it I guess, or maybe i'm the same sometimes. Who knows. I see her bashed in almost every thread and when that happens those not in the know start to have sympathy. Like me. I'm sorry BD that you are so unliked. I remember about a year ago when I posted about breaking up with my ex you sent me some nice and friendly messages about the situation. I thought that was nice and I thanked you.
    Not nearly as glad as I am that I was able to share my true self and friendly nature with you. I don't need to make friends because of sympathy. I'm more the open-minded type anyway. I went back and read over that picture thread yesterday, and I must confess...Due to having to defend myself, I had become hypocritical and guilty of the same cruelness and harsh words. Damn, I came close to being banned! I said it once to her, but I will say it again... "Captncrzy, I'm sorry we started off on a bad note...I truly think my wrinkled ass and your big butt would have a great time meeting at Coachella!" I'm open to meeting anyone at the fest. And, I'm almost positive many of you are the cool people that drew me to my original conclusion. Well, maybe not all of you...
    Quote Originally Posted by SFChrissy View Post
    At least she participates and I think her heart is in the right place...

    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Scathing? The only time she could ever be considered "scathing" is in reference to the disease she spreads, e.g. "scathing anal warts."
    I guess he doesn't recall the private message I sent on a nite he was talking all stupid because he couldn't fight his drug habit. What was I thinking by offering a kind word? This asshole's hilarious, and I've told him that. Not an infatuation from me here, but more of an appreciation for "Rickles-Like" humor. Unfortunately, in my case, it was getting old and the bandwagon was growing. Was he a target for many of my offensive posts? Fuckin'-A right he was! If he was gonna dish it out, I figured he could take it. Wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    at one point she had her boyfriend come on the board and threaten to beat up a few guys who were making her cry. or something. actually he turned out to be an OK guy though. he drives a bulldozer for a living.
    Truthfully? I could take it, but what guy is gonna let another talk shit about his lady and not say something? I realize Randy felt threatened and all, but that's only because he obviously doesn't know and never has respected a woman. Fortunately for him, Suffacated is way to busy to worry about "Opie and his big mouth..."





    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Pathetically scathing then. Full of hate and ridiculous passion at the same time.
    Actually, you're wrong, Amyzzz. I have passion here at home. I thought of it more as my open mindedness and acceptance of a demented soul in need of attention. And the hate? I don't hate, but I am able to disrespect if one has to constantly belittle someone to be someone.


    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    And he wanted to make absolutely sure RANDY that is was you RANDY who he was addressing. Haha.

    I don't mind BrokenDoll just as long as she doesn't post anymore creepy guitar videos.
    Even if we had run into Randy, we probably would have shared a laugh at seeing the real Randy as opposed to the internet Randy. And, really...I'm no guitar virtuoso, but I thought I'd just share another imperfect part of me to show that I'm no different than alot of you...Okay, maybe older and senile, but c'mon...doesn't it make you good to know that good times don't have to stop because of age?


    Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    hey brokendoll! I like you!
    Well, Pilgrim..(Mr. Wayne's voice.) After taking a chance at setting the record straight, I really appreciate those words more than you know. I apologize for the length of this post, but before I attempt this 12-step message board rehab I was originally inquiring about, I first had to face the demons. (Wow, did that even come out right?) BTW...I can only wish ignore buttons didn't exist so I could thank everybody for sharing Coachella and the lessons of it's message board! And, to faxman...Thanks for asking and giving me the chance!

  12. #72
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,914

    Default Re: How Did I Survive this Board to 1000 Posts?

    Now that was a long post. Thanks for that though. I have nothing against you BD, this message board takes all kinds. I think you are honest. It's an entertaining place this message board. With a community this large, it's impossible for everyone to get along but find your niche and stick with it, that's what I say. One thing is for sure, everyone seems to have a Broken Doll story from the looks of this thread.

  13. #73
    Rover canexplain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aurora Colorado
    Posts
    14,995

    Default Re: How Did I Survive this Board to 1000 Posts?

    i dont respond to most of your posts just because i dont .... i like you BD because you have bigger balls then some guys on this board ... just stick with it and dont let cretins get you down .... i often wonder what people say about me because we both have a few crosses to bare that are the same ... i like the board, i dont hate anyone on the board, i like some better then others ... hey its a microcosm of life .... x****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

  14. #74
    The Dude CalmerThanYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Snuggieville
    Posts
    7,360

    Default Re: How Did I Survive this Board to 1000 Posts?

    /thread.

    everyone move to her pity party thread titled 12 Steps Blah Blah Blah + 4,000 STFU's
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

  15. #75
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    40,002

    Default Re: How Did I Survive this Board to 1000 Posts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    I think I made my assumption of identity subconsciously based on likes and dislikes, as well as level of vocabulary and grammatical structure. And I suppose that I could still be correct in that said person could be lurking on the board and just not posting under their original user name, but it seems unlikely?
    oh I get it. You meant you thought it was one specific ex boardmember. And I bet I can guess who.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Similar Threads

  1. 4...3...2...1000!
    By JustSteve in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 03:27 PM
  2. Question about New Posts
    By RotationSlimWang in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 07:50 AM
  3. .::I can has 1000 posts!!!ROFLzZzZz..::
    By thinnerair in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-16-2007, 06:36 PM
  4. Dorkfish has 1000 posts
    By full on idle in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-11-2007, 12:17 AM
  5. Damn, where did all the stupid posts go???
    By crazzz2007 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-25-2007, 06:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •