Thread: Ninja Musicians on the Boardz...

Default Ninja Musicians on the Boardz...

I wonder what musicians/artists either have accounts or just lurk here randomly to see what's going with tastes, trends, or just to be entertained?

Any ideas? Anyone ever confirmed?

Come forward and show your true identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

Default Re: Ninja Musicians on the Boardz...

I've been a lurker for a couple of years.

I am both of Daft Punk.

wb, martin.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Young blood

busy P still owes me a day at water world.

Cat power I think went off a few years back. It was quite funny.

oh yeha, busy p actually interacted a couple times. i thought that was neat

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

there were a couple of posts in the aphex twin thread (before coachella happened, right after he was announced) that I swear were richard d james.

I'd love for someone to dig up the cat power posts. was that on the old board?

Young blood

No Im pretty sure it was this one. She told everyone on the message board to fuck off. It was total lulz.

only one that I am 99.9% sure was Richard D. James........

July 21- Soundgarden- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    July 30- Rage Against the Machine/Muse- LA Coliseum
    Oct 21- Portishead- Berkeley Greek
    Nov 18- Pixies- Fox Theater Bakersfield

found the aphex twin ones. from two different threads, actually:

Quote Originally Posted by richardshiner View Post
    ok, so, let me say this, expect things unheard from albums....the last AFX show was at ATP. Albums are just that.... finished product... there is more to hear. ATP was an experiment in the many other things built in the machines, as was the previous party in the mountains.... sorry, its been a long time. Ambient and down tempo is beautiful, but is not what people want to hear in any live space where the mood is an uplifting bounciful time, and the AFX show will not be a downer end of the night thing. And hits? Its been a few shady years between the last AT album and the rephlex tunes....there are things, but there have been things sine the last shows.....which werent played.....if you want to hear whats on an album, disc, or drive, you can, but shows are a spectacle and exactly what they are.....a show....you can have any mate come over and cheer in your place and get the reverb and crowd over a recorded session. shows are for the showmanship, and have alwys been, Why expect something big and let it tank. If you want to dance. you will.

there are no genres, there are only beats and rhythm.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardsShining View Post
    It will not be a "laptop" set.
    someone dig up the cat power one! I missed it first time around.

slug from atmosphere came on here once to set some dude straight. it was pretty funny.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

You wouldn't have guessed from my avatar, but I'm Noel Gallagher.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

This is from right before the 2008 lineup was out.

Quote Originally Posted by seandaley View Post
    well gosh gratytrain, for someone who fronts online and acts like you have any info on me, you sure don't know what you're talking about.

rhymesayers and epitaph never did any deal.
    myself, and eyedea each did a license aggreement for one album apiece, and yes we did it for the distro. fat beats had no distro for overseas, and we needed to get our albums overseas.

after seven's travels, the agreement was over.
    same for eyedea's e&a album.

as for me having ego, yeah probably, have had it since i was a snot nosed little sean.

but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone in the twin cities who can honestly say that i'm an asshole.

granted, i understand the nature of faux-fame, and so i know that there will be people like yourself who will talk shit about others (mostly due to a lack of adventure in their own lives), and i agree to be the target for such talk, as long as it continues to stem from cats like you who don't really know the inside scoop.

so play on playa.
    have a good year.

as for everyone else, i appreciate that you'd want me to play at coachella.
    it probably won't happen due to the tour that we are already doing this spring, but i love you for the thought.

as for the folks that don't wanna see us there, i understand.
    i wouldn't watch myself rap either.
    later gator.
    s
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

wow, win

dani, your thoughts?
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

Atmosphere is coming to El Paso, but I've yet to hear them.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

you people waste far too much time with this shit to ever have time for a music career.

Anyone remember Annie from Giant Drag posting back in 2006? She got into a flame war on the board with some members, then called out the board during her performance.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post

someone dig up the cat power one! I missed it first time around.
    I'm not convinced those were Richard.

Young blood

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Anyone remember Annie from Giant Drag posting back in 2006? She got into a flame war on the board with some members, then called out the board during her performance.
    there it is, dont know why I thought it was cat power.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    you people waste far too much time with this shit to ever have time for a music career.
    he lives....

I'll come clean, i'm all 27 members of polyphonic spree
    I miss Bill Hicks.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    yeah, i dont think that's richard. at least from his posts in other forums, mailing lists, this doesn't look like him.

besides he says "expect things unheard from albums." and he didn't play anything unreleased/unheard before. well, i think there's one track, but that's it.

BROKENDOLL = Britney Spears from the future

TIME TRAVEL!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    You have 1,000 posts more than I do. Just sayin'. That gives me plenty of time to work with my band... Oasis.

Quote Originally Posted by seandaley View Post
    well gosh gratytrain, for someone who fronts online and acts like you have any info on me, you sure don't know what you're talking about.

rhymesayers and epitaph never did any deal.
    myself, and eyedea each did a license aggreement for one album apiece, and yes we did it for the distro. fat beats had no distro for overseas, and we needed to get our albums overseas.

after seven's travels, the agreement was over.
    same for eyedea's e&a album.

as for me having ego, yeah probably, have had it since i was a snot nosed little sean.

but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone in the twin cities who can honestly say that i'm an asshole.

granted, i understand the nature of faux-fame, and so i know that there will be people like yourself who will talk shit about others (mostly due to a lack of adventure in their own lives), and i agree to be the target for such talk, as long as it continues to stem from cats like you who don't really know the inside scoop.

so play on playa.
    have a good year.

as for everyone else, i appreciate that you'd want me to play at coachella.
    it probably won't happen due to the tour that we are already doing this spring, but i love you for the thought.

as for the folks that don't wanna see us there, i understand.
    i wouldn't watch myself rap either.
    later gator.
    s
    This is definetely Slug. Actually if you post on Philaflava then you can converse with him on a daily basis. Sage Francis too. I think this pic sums up Slugs attitude. Alex at his finest.

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotequeThom View Post
    Shpongle Jedi flip if its a live set

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    I'm not convinced those were Richard.
    That's definitely Richard, his disjointed ramblings are recognizable anywhere. Did you see his two or three posts about analog equipment in . . . I forget which board it was on, I'll try to get a link. But basically he prattles on for about 500-700 words about analog vs digital and the feasibility of using digital emulations of to get analog sound. Very interesting person.

EDIT: Here they are, from the Plant mu (sorry, I don't know know to add the fancy mu symbol)

Re: 303 emulations
    Author: analord
    Date: 02-02-05 16:54

"Have you heard some of the acid riffs on analord,fucking amazing
    whats he using?
    I mean it sounds like a 303 but then again I dont think it is.
    I want to buy my boyfriend one for valentines day!"

it sounds like a magic 303 to me
    Where`s your girlfriend has a really werid tuning on it?!?
    the untitled track sounds unlike any 303 ive heard.
    and mc4 acid totally magic 303 sounds....oh and xmd ,mental acid!!!!

bwoon dub

Re: 303 emulations
    Date: 02-05-05 20:49

there's no physical quality to the instrument to define the "original" from the "fake."

ha its so funny when people think they are soooo right and yet sooo wrong classic

#3 (the long/good one)
    Re: surfing in bong water
    Date: 02-07-05 03:14

some people bought the analogue equipment when it was unfashionable and very cheap though.
    some of us are over 30 you know!
    anyone remember when 303`s were 50? and coke was 16p a tin? crisps 5p

also you have overlooked A LOT of other points because its not all about the overall frequency response of the recording system its how the sound gets there in the first place.
    here are some things which you can`t get from a plugin,they are often emulated but due to their hugely complex nature are always pretty crass aproximations..

the sound of analogue equpiment including EQ, changes very noticably over even a few hours due to temperature changes within a circuit.
    Anyone who has tried to make tracs on a few analogue synths and make them stay in tune can tell you this,you leave a trac running for a few hours come back and think Im sure I didnt fucking write that,I must be going mental!

this affects all the components in a synth/EQ in an almost infinte amount of tiny ways.
    and the amount differs from circuit to circuit depending on the design.

the interaction of different channels and their respective signals with an analogue mixer are very complex,EQ,dynamics....
    any fx, analogue or digital that are plugged into it all have their own special complex characteristics and all interact with each other differently and change depending on their routing.
    Nobody that ive heard of has even begun to start emulating analogue mixer circuitry in software,just the aesthetics,it will come but im sure it will be a crap half hearted effort like most pretend synth plugins are.
    they should be called PST synths, P for pretend not virtual.

Every piece of outboard gear has its own sound ,reverbs,modulation effects etc
    real room reverb, this in itself companies have spent decades trying to emulate and not even got close in my opinion, even the best attempts like Quantec and EMT only scratch the surface.

analogue EQ is currently impossible in theory to be emulated digitally,quite intense maths shit involed in this if youre really that interested,you could look it up...good luck.

your soundcard will always make things sound like its come from THAT soundcard..they ALL impose their different sound characteristics onto whatever comes out of them they are far from being totally neutral devices.

all the components of a circuit like resistors and capacitors subtley differ from each other depending on their quality but even the most high quality milatary spec ones are never EXACTLY the same.

no two analogue synths can ever be built exactly the same,there are tiny human/automated errors in building the circuits,tweaking the trimpots for example which is usually done manually in a lot of analogue shit.
    just compare the sound of 2 808 drum machines next to each other and you will see what I mean,you always thought an 808 was an 808 right?
    same goes for 303`s they all sound subltey different,different voltage scaling of the oscillator is usually quite noticable.

VST plugins are restricted by a finite number of calculations per second these factors are WAY beyond their CURRENT capability.

Then there is the question of the physicallity of the instrument this affects the way a human will emotionally interact with it and therfore affect what they will actually do with it! often overlooked from the maths heads,this is probably the biggest factor I think.
    for example the smell of analogue stuff as well as the look of it puts you in a certain mental state which is very different from looking at a computer screen.

then there is analogue tape...ah this really could go on forever....

im quite drunk cant be bothered to type anymore...
    so yeah,whatever, you obviously dont have to have analogue equipment to make `good` music in case thats the impression im giving,EVERYTHING has its uses .And not all anlaogue equipment is expensive you can still get bargains like old high end military audio devices,tape machines fx etc just go for the unfashionable stuff.

Richard.
    Last edited by greghead; 10-16-2008 at 07:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

well, he didnt play anything 'unheard' as he said in his post. pretty weird he chose a username with his real name on it.

and lol at that richardsshining user. he even put the same date of birth as the real rdj's.
    Last edited by orbit; 10-16-2008 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    well, he didnt play anything 'unheard' as he said in his post. pretty weird he chose a username with his real name on it.
    the last tracklisting I saw for his set had some unidentified tracks. did people manage to identify them all in the end?