Thread: DFA 1979/Blood Brothers Reunion SPECULATION

Default DFA 1979/Blood Brothers Reunion SPECULATION

Since they've "broken up," it's obvious that Death From Above will not be gearing up for an official tour in the near future, if ever again. However, does anyone out there think it might be remotely possible that they could reunite for a Coachella show? That said, what about a FINAL Blood Brothers show at Coachella? The two bands called it quits without warning, but it seems like a landmark festival such as Coachella could be an exception to their so-called "no more shows for us" bit?

Default Re: DFA 1979/Blood Brothers Reunion SPECULATION

reading this thread is like having someone spit in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by boyalien0 View Post
    reading this thread is like having someone spit in your face.
    apologies, but why? If it's because of a lack of any true talent or a high reading on the annoyance scale, I agree. Nevertheless, they're still two bands on the Bands I WISH To See list.

Quote Originally Posted by bee513 View Post
    apologies, but why? If it's because of a lack of any true talent or a high reading on the annoyance scale, I agree. Nevertheless, they're still two bands on the Bands I WISH To See list.
    Haha you haven't seen them and probably never will. Haha

always remember people are pretty much assholes on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Botrocker View Post
    Haha you haven't seen them and probably never will. Haha
    no kidding...which is why I wondered if anyone else had any thoughts about the possibilities...which are obviously slim to none.

Memorial and boyalien, combined, would account for the worst speculation suggestions for Coachella... ever.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Watch for a DFA reunion around 2012. No sooner. It'll happen one day. But it will be a while.

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Memorial and boyalien, combined, would account for the worst speculation suggestions for Coachella... ever.
    Don't know much about boyalien... but I fully agree about Memorial.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Memorial_07

I have bad speculation?
    I might have "bad" guesses...but I don't believe every band I say WILL play Coachella...its simply me putting out a suggestion

I am not saying you have bad taste in music... I like a lot of the bands you suggest. However, the truth is Most of them are NOT Coachella type acts though and they shouldnt even be regarded as speculation.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Memorial_07

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I am not saying you have bad taste in music... I like a lot of the bands you suggest. However, the truth is Most of them are NOT Coachella type acts though and they shouldnt even be regarded as speculation.
    I don't regard them as speculation...I just give my suggestion

Watch for a DFA reunion around 2012. No sooner. It'll happen one day. But it will be a while.

I just got into them and im hooked. i was actually listetning to them when i came across this thread. i think i can wait till 2012 to see them.
    and also i did not no blood brothers broke up?
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

Quote Originally Posted by Memorial_07 View Post
    I don't regard them as speculation...I just give my suggestion
    n00bs to the board most likely see your threads about all these incredibly uncoachellaesque bands and either get excited or scared off. To them its speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by mvanwinkle View Post
    I just got into them and im hooked. i was actually listetning to them when i came across this thread. i think i can wait till 2012 to see them.
    and also i did not no blood brothers broke up?
    One of my biggest regrets in life is missing 2 chances to see DFA1979. In fact lets not even talk about...
    Anyways, I heard they are amazing live and the breakup was somewhat sudden. You're A Woman, I'm a Machine may possibly be one of the best albums out in last decade. They broke in the middle of recording their follow up album. Which means they had a whole bunch of new shit ready. Apparently Jesse F. Keller (DFA's Bassist) has said he is having to much fun w/ MSTRKRFT right now to even think about getting DFA back together. Sebastier Grangier (drums/vocals) is also working on another side project right now. But he has been laying pretty low since DFA broke up.
    I fully expect it to happen one day... but not for a good few years at least.

god damnit rage. i think something you said made me check out dfa, now that i found out the connections of MSTRKRFT. i checked them out. and am pissed i sat through travis for a good spot for kol and af.
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

I hate to sound elitest, but I was a huge fan of DFA1979 before they got popular. I just missed a whole bunch of opporunities to see them. And I hit myself for it everyday.
    With that being said, I do also like MSTRKRFT. They were one of the few electronic acts at Coachella I was excited to see. (Not because I didnt like most of them... mostly because I didnt know most of them at that point.) I bought the MSTRKRFT cd soon after it came out. Check out Paris. It is a SICK track. Definately my favourite of theirs.

ya good call on the paris it was my favourite out of the 4 on the myspace.

At Coachella they also did a fun remix of.... either Neon Knights or Street Justice, mixed with House of Pain's Jump Around. It was great.
    However, I would sacrifice MSTRKRFT without a second thought to get DFA back together.

Quote Originally Posted by bee513 View Post
    Since they've "broken up," it's obvious that Death From Above will not be gearing up for an official tour in the near future, if ever again. However, does anyone out there think it might be remotely possible that they could reunite for a Coachella show? That said, what about a FINAL Blood Brothers show at Coachella? The two bands called it quits without warning, but it seems like a landmark festival such as Coachella could be an exception to their so-called "no more shows for us" bit?

its a nice thought for those bands having last shows. I never got to see DFA79 , blood brothers came through SD a lot. As cool as it may seem, I think the bands would probably do a last show in a more personal setting. (ex. Murder City Devils "last" show in Seattle)

I'll admit upfront that I haven't given Blood Brothers a fair shake, but when I saw their co-headline with Trail of Dead last year they were so annoying that my friend and I left to go hang out in the lobby after 30 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman
    Lingo, shut the fuck up. You look like a goddamn cancer patient and your analogy is idiotic. Also, The Black Keys are unlistenable garbage, you unbelievable fucking dork.

1/18 Volcano Choir - The Fonda
    1/22 Vampire Weekend - USC
    2/14 Spiritualized - Ace Hotel
    3/8 Mark Kozelek - First Unitarian Church
    3/18 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall
    3/19 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall

www.facebook.com/mlingo

http://www.last.fm/group/Coachella+Forum

I don't do a whole lot of "speculating" in general. Passive must be referring to the 1 thread I started asking GV to consider asking Fatboy Slim to play, which I then bumped several times in one day to attempt to keep the dream alive. Anyway, Passive's a douchebag. This thread pisses me off because BB just broke up, so this is like rubbing someone's nose in still-steaming shit. On a positive note, BB's last appearance at Coachella was off-the-charts awesome.

I hate to sound elitest, but I was a huge fan of DFA1979 before they got popular. I just missed a whole bunch of opporunities to see them. And I hit myself for it everyday.
    With that being said, I do also like MSTRKRFT. They were one of the few electronic acts at Coachella I was excited to see. (Not because I didnt like most of them... mostly because I didnt know most of them at that point.) I bought the MSTRKRFT cd soon after it came out. Check out Paris. It is a SICK track. Definately my favourite of theirs.
    I know where you're coming from. DFA1979 was the shit back in the day. I remember getting Heads Up maybe a month after it came out and thinking "holy fuck" to myself.

DFA1979 > MSTRKRFT

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    I know where you're coming from. DFA1979 was the shit back in the day. I remember getting Heads Up maybe a month after it came out and thinking "holy fuck" to myself.

DFA1979 > MSTRKRFT
    Pretty much man. I honestly couldnt believe the sounds they made came out of two people and two instruments. That is, with the occasional keyboard thrown in. I heard thier live shows were not only energetic though, they were loud as fuck! One day. One day...

I saw them. ONCE. El Rey Theater here in L.A. It was pretty sick. I got there about an hour early so I could get up front.

The crowd was sick. The whole show was fucking sick and it was pretty funny when some fat guy went up on stage and tried playing the drums when Sebastian was off them. Sebastian pretty much kicked his ass and launched him off stage.

But JFK is a fucking madman on those keys. I can get some pics up, if I find em.