Thread: Crowded House

Thumbs down Crowded House

Just downloaded a few songs of theirs -- their hit, "Don't Dream It's Over" (if that is indeed the title and not "Hey Now" -- you know what song I'm talking about either way) is the only one that doesn't make me wretch. Are they a reunion gig? If so, why the hell did Goldenvoice go through the trouble of reuniting them? I like my '80s music as much as the next guy but this is seriously the first band that I've listened to in a really long time that prompted me to delete them from my computer.

Default Re: Crowded House

I don't quite get Crowded House either, but my pals insist it will be must-see, and that they put on an incredible show, so I guess I'll be seeing at least part of their set.

You're annoying. This is a message board. If you want people to read what your thoughts are, you're suppose to also read their thoughts. Look at this fucking forum. There's at least 3 threads about Crowded House. Lazy.

yesssssss three threadzzzzzzz! and soon there will be one for YES, one for WHAM, one for ABBA, one for MEN at WORK and Culture Club! They will take over this forum with with their catchy melodies and uncertain sexualities... soon.. soon there will be disco lights, torn denim and extasy tabs everywhere!!! BWA HAHAHAHAHA

Crowded House are wonderful. I was shocked and saddened to hear of Paul Hesters death. I'm looking forward to hearing them live.

Quote Originally Posted by KenMixtape View Post
    I don't quite get Crowded House either, but my pals insist it will be must-see, and that they put on an incredible show, so I guess I'll be seeing at least part of their set.
    Yes, I wasn't much of a fan until I saw them live. That was almost 15 years ago though, and only two of the four members I saw will be there. (Paul Hester is dead and Tim Finn was only in for a year or so.)

I prefer late-period Split Enz...It'd be nice if they threw a few of those tunes in.

Here's the deal...their music isn't particularly groundbreaking or special...it's just good solid pop music, performed by incredibly experienced musicians. (Split Enz formed in '72 or so.) They were MASSIVE stars though most of the English speaking world...just not the US. And they have a hell of a lot of fun onstage. Don't go expecting to get your mind blown, and you'll have a good time.

Funny thing is, the first time I saw them, it was at a festival, and Richard Thompson was opening for them. Much the same conversation was going around..."Who is this guy? Some folk singer from the 60's...supposed to be good." He was too...

Don't be knocking crowded house now....If you aren't Australian (or more importantly a kiwi) you simply just cannot say a bad word against crowded house. I am so surprised that people even know about them in America, and you probably aren't really supposed to like them. So don't.

More room for me! :-D

If they play 'Fingers Of Love', I will have the biggest shit eating grin evAR !!

You wanna know a funny thing? I heard "Something So Strong" the other day and that was the first time I realized who played it. Guess my initial post was too harsh 'cause I love that song. Sorry to have been annoying, though I didn't see any Crowded House threads on the first page and figured if there were any, the discussions had died.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Just downloaded a few songs of theirs -- their hit, "Don't Dream It's Over" (if that is indeed the title and not "Hey Now" -- you know what song I'm talking about either way) is the only one that doesn't make me wretch. Are they a reunion gig? If so, why the hell did Goldenvoice go through the trouble of reuniting them? I like my '80s music as much as the next guy but this is seriously the first band that I've listened to in a really long time that prompted me to delete them from my computer.
    I assume you're just trolling, but if you genuinely thought "Don't Dream..." was OK, I suggest some other stuff from their first album..."Mean To Me", "Now We're Getting Somewhere", "World Where You Live", "Something So Strong" or "Hole In The River". Even though I loved their live show, I'm not much of a fan of anything past their second album.

Obviously they are a reunion, since they broke up in '96, but Goldenvoice doesn't have anything to do with it. They're releasing a new album, and planning a 12 month tour.

120,000 people showed up for their last show. Deal with it.

Ooops...never mind...guess I was too harsh too.

Not a problem. Thanks for the suggestions.

They're a great live band. I'm really looking forward to seeing them again. I saw Neil Finn do an acoustic show at the Royal Albert Hall in London in 2005. It was amazing.

i'd rather see Split Enz than Crowded House

not quite going to be a coachella reunion now after all is it?
    http://www.nme.com/news/crowded-house/26190

Crowded House played last night at the 'Beat it, Wally!' benefit in Glendale. They were a surprise guest and their set was definitely a crowd pleaser...

this makes them more interesting.

http://www.spin.com/features/news/20..._crowdedhouse/

I'd rather watch Andy Dick taking a dump than Crowded House.

Quote Originally Posted by ediger View Post
    I'd rather watch Andy Dick taking a dump than Crowded House.
    I don't think I'd like to see either of them taking a dump. But Crowded House will be great and if few people decide to watch then I'll just be that much closer to the stage. Not a problem for me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by stewboss View Post
    I don't think I'd like to see either of them taking a dump. But Crowded House will be great and if few people decide to watch then I'll just be that much closer to the stage. Not a problem for me at all.
    I totally agree with the stewboss.

Crowded House is actually #2 on my must-see-on-sunday list... Right after Air.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

I've actually been really excited for Crowded House (their reunion and that of the JAMC are the main reasons I rushed to buy tickets). I never had the chance to see them perform, but have heard they are an excellent live act to see.