Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Orb Disaster Of 2001

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

Default Re: The Orb Disaster Of 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeface View Post
    Did anyone ever pickup the t-shirt/vinyl combos from badorb.com? It has been shut down for a while, but was great while it lasted. I have a couple of the vinyl/shirt combos, but my shirts are fading. The vinyls were numbered and only produced in small quanities. One has a goat-headed satellite.

I got about 50% of everything they've done. The BADORB shirts are awesome. I wore the one with the CAT SATELITE shirt to work one day! It just happened to be the day that an EPA inspector came into our company. She was in a bad mood for me being 5 minutes late, but saw the shirt, smiled since she is a cat lover and the inspection went very smoothly after that! Even The Orb accessories help make a better world. The BADORB coffee mugs have the same artwork and are very cool also! To me The Orb are my heros!

Have they alreayd toured the US in support of "The Dream"?
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

The Orb is touring a bit, and only has dates listed until April 19th on their site.
    It also mentions a February release for "The Dream" LP in the U.K., and hopefully the U.S. Come back Alex!

19 Jan 2008 Aqua - The Orb - Alex DJ
    25 Jan 2008 Blue Mountain - The Orb - Alex DJ
    1 Feb 2008 Hendre Hall - The Orb - Alex DJ
    8 Feb 2008 Tokyo Unit - ORB DJ Sessions
    9 Feb 2008 Club Karma - ORB DJ Sessions
    10 Feb 2008 Club Mago - ORB DJ Sessions
    15 Feb 2008 Krysha Mira - The Orb - Alex DJ
    21 Feb 2008 Heaven - The Orb - Alex DJ
    22 Feb 2008 Rome - The Orb - Alex DJ
    23 Feb 2008 Verona - The Orb - Alex DJ
    1 Mar 2008 Liverpool Carling Academy - The Orb - Alex DJ
    14 Mar 2008 King Tuts - The Orb - Alex DJ
    28 Mar 2008 Holland - The Orb - LIVE BAND SHOW tbc
    18 Apr 2008 Rgan tbc - The Orb - Alex DJ
    19 Apr 2008 Sajllin tbc - The Orb - Alex DJ

http://www.theorb.com
    http://www.myspace.com/orbisms

VOTE PLUMP DJ's & 4KUBA '08!!!

I guess I am going to Holland March 28th.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

no fair =(
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

The Orb disaster was heartbreaking....but then I swallowed a few more pills and ran over to the Chem Brothers...then went to a crazy hotel E party with a bunch of girls, and my heartbreak was minimized
    '99-'11...

The 2006 Disney Hall show offered mixed results. On one hand, it was an unusually heady atmosphere, given the intellectual context of the event and the venue, and on the other, the boys pulled an all-nighter and pounded the bass-weak system into the floor. It was cool and unfortunate at the same time, 'cause the system wasn't set up for the sort of bass they wanted to bring, but they didn't seem to give a shit and just pushed it until the all the bass was warped and crunchy. By morning, the music sounded like shit, but they were off the stage and partying with the crowd down front anyway. A good night, but fuckin' strange.

Diney Hall was fun. This is a clip when the song from Midnight Cowboy crept in.

Never posted pictues from that night. Think i'll work on a few now. brb.

Now i remember why i didn't post pictures. Shitty pictures. Any way, here's a few:

Last edited by ivankay; 02-18-2008 at 11:22 AM.

VOTE PLUMP DJ's '08!!!
    would love that but doubtful. would love a Far Too Loud add but that wont happen either. check them out if u havent b4.

Great pics Ivankay! you managed to get me and the wifey in one of your shots. At the cafe having an $8 corona at the far right wearing a hat!

Quote Originally Posted by blackchango View Post
    Great pics Ivankay! you managed to get me and the wifey in one of your shots. At the cafe having an $8 corona at the far right wearing a hat!
    cool. That was a fun night. If you want me to send you the picture, pm me your email.

new orb video! sigh! maybe next year..

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I wasn't sure whther to post this in the tricky thread or the orb thread, but I found this on pure live gigs and was wondering if anybody here could vouch for it? maybe this is part of the cause of the orb disaster?

Quote Originally Posted by orbaddict
    I saw Tricky many times prior to 2002. Now he doesn't come to America...
    At Coachella 2001, he played for 35 mins and was actually offered money from Goldenvoice not to play. Then they took some of the Orb's gear as they were disassembling their own.
    I can't imagine how it got to the point where they would offer someone money to not play. I also wonder the logistics of that... was it before the performance started, or during, that they tried to cut it? hmm.

Actually the tent was running late all day. There was some groups earlier in the day who wouldn't get off when it was time. I spent most of the day in that tent. Watched Squarepusher and Plaid back to back. Later watched Sigur Ros and Tricky leading up to the Orb. I came to see Orb and was heartbroken. However I discovered Sigur Ros and Plaid that day.