Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 263

Thread: During Winter Break...

  1. #31
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,553

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    I actually got my current girlfriend into Autechre. It took over a year, but she finally gets it.

    I still haven't gotten her into Scott Walker though. I have a hard time getting people into his last two albums.

  2. #32
    Member fasttrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Posts
    927

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    i suggest, that if you're making any kind of playlist, make it all in chronological order. that way, you can track their progression. as an avid radiohead fan myself, i can honestly say there are a few songs i'm not too fond of. although some of the songs i didn't like in the past are some current favorites.

    when i move into my new place in a few weeks i'll dig out all my radiohead cd's and post a picture of my collection. at last count i was at about 25 different discs.
    I'm a loner Dottie, a rebel.

  3. #33
    Entry level Alt kitt kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    6,081

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    are you doing this so people get off yr back, or because you're genuinely interested?

    i'm getting more hits of the former and not the latter.

  4. #34
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,553

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    You know why people think you are stupid? Because you say things like "yr."

    It's funny, because it's almost this conflicted persona; in one sentence you say "yr" and in the next "you're." I just hope this schizophrenia[sic] unfolds in an interesting manner.
    Last edited by wmgaretjax; 12-06-2007 at 10:44 PM.

  5. #35
    Coachella Junkie bballarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,937

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    Kill yr idols

  6. #36
    Coachella Junkie summerkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,661

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    it took me two years to get my Dad into them, but he's gonna go to a show with me when they tour.

    as far as winter break goes, I certainly am not sitting around doing nothing. I sitll have to work 30 hours a week,
    I was going to say wow it must be nice to go to college and not have a job...
    The White Stripes 9/18

  7. #37
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,553

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    I was going to say wow it must be nice to go to college and not have a job...
    You know. It's nice, I work at my department at school. So, despite the fact I work quite a bit (all my time without classes mon-fri 9-5), it's pretty damn convenient. I can't really complain. Having weekends off to do homework is a luxury I haven't had since I was 14.

  8. #38
    Member samiksha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ypsilanti
    Posts
    1,600

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    man, i feel lazy.

  9. #39
    Member samiksha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ypsilanti
    Posts
    1,600

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    i leave my apartment less than 10 times a week probably

  10. #40
    Member samiksha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ypsilanti
    Posts
    1,600

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    for an hour at a time

  11. #41

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    You know why people think you are stupid? Because you say things like "yr."

    It's funny, because it's almost this conflicted persona; in one sentence you say "yr" and in the next "you're." I just hope this schizophrenia unfolds in an interesting manner.
    You know why people think you're stupid? Because you wildly misuse the word "schizophrenia."

  12. #42
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,553

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    Quote Originally Posted by Benis23 View Post
    You know why people think you're stupid? Because you wildly misuse the word "schizophrenia."
    ah shit. you are right. looking it all up, turns out I meant "split(multiple/disassociative)-personality disorder." fuck me. I have appropriately highlighted my mistake with my altruistic friend [sic].

    EDIT: Actually, upon closer investigation into my roommate's psychology textbooks (that are like 8 fucking years old). Multiple (disassociative) personality disorder is often considered a subset of schizophrenia. However, it seems a hotly contested issue. I will leave the [sic] until I can come to a stronger conclusion.
    Last edited by wmgaretjax; 12-06-2007 at 10:52 PM.

  13. #43

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    haha, yeah, I was just giving you a hard time. Nobody thinks you're stupid and everyone misuses that word. Someone who is schizophrenic usually experiences auditory hallucinations (like having voices in their head yelling at them and telling them to do things). split personality disorder is more rare, more controversial, and arguably not really a disorder.

  14. #44
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,553

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    auditory hallucinations... so I have learned in the last 5 minutes... sounds like fun, no?

  15. #45
    old school Neutral Milk Hotel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,643

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    You know why people think you are stupid? Because you say things like "yr."

    It's funny, because it's almost this conflicted persona; in one sentence you say "yr" and in the next "you're." I just hope this schizophrenia[sic] unfolds in an interesting manner.
    Half of her is Allen Ginsberg.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman
    Lingo, shut the fuck up. You look like a goddamn cancer patient and your analogy is idiotic. Also, The Black Keys are unlistenable garbage, you unbelievable fucking dork.

    1/18 Volcano Choir - The Fonda
    1/22 Vampire Weekend - USC
    2/14 Spiritualized - Ace Hotel
    3/8 Mark Kozelek - First Unitarian Church
    3/18 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall
    3/19 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall




    www.facebook.com/mlingo

    http://www.last.fm/group/Coachella+Forum

  16. #46
    The Fro PassiveTheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    11,040

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    are you doing this so people get off yr back, or because you're genuinely interested?

    i'm getting more hits of the former and not the latter.
    It's definitely the latter, for the most part, but my philosophy is that there are plenty of things in life worse than listening to music. Like getting limbs chopped off, for example.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

    Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014


    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

  17. #47
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    Check your PMs passive, all done with the uploads.

  18. #48
    The Fro PassiveTheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    11,040

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    *nods* thanks Supre, I'll download em when I get home in a few days.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

    Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014


    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

  19. #49
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,903

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Be sure to listen to How I Made My Millions and Permanent Daylight.
    I haven't heard that first one. I agree the second is a killer track though. I wish it was longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  20. #50
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,553

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    how I made my millions is a gorgeous b-side from the no surprises single. just Yorke and the piano. very lo-fi.

  21. #51
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,903

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    I collected Catherine Wheel instead of Radiohead. *sigh* I don't regret the Catherine Wheel, but I wish I had me some more Radiohead. I'm a lazy 'head fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  22. #52
    Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    24,306

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    Tell me about it. I never could get any of my ex girlfriends into Autechre or Gescom. They got scared.
    Before my Fiancee and I meet she listened to mostly country and a little mainstram radio..now she is into stuff like Coldplay, Sigur Ros, and Arcade Fire. She has been to 3 coachellas with me, and despite her distaste for Bjork she has gone to 2 Bjork shows with me..and she is a go for following Radiohead around the US for a few shows....So her concert experiences have now gone from Kenny Chesney to Daft Punk...quite a change eh? Granted there is still loads of stuff on my computer that she hates with a passion but it certainly is a shift from 4 years ago when we meet..and it went both ways since I like some of her country stuff now...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

  23. #53
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I haven't heard that first one. I agree the second is a killer track though. I wish it was longer.
    How I Made Millions


    Oh, he recorded this on his minidisc player, thus it being so lo fi.
    Last edited by suprefan; 12-07-2007 at 01:06 PM.

  24. #54

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    auditory hallucinations... so I have learned in the last 5 minutes... sounds like fun, no?
    yeah, definitely could be fun. i mean, people take all kinds of drugs with the goal of hallucinating. if you actually have schizophrenia though, you are either convinced that the voices you are hearing are real, or you realize they are not real but you can't make them go away. so, that would not be so much fun.

  25. #55
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,903

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    How I Made Millions


    Oh, he recorded this on his minidisc player, thus it being so lo fi.
    Supre, thanks, but I can't really d/l it at work unfortunately. I will wait until we get a new computer at home. I do appreciate it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  26. #56
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,553

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I collected Catherine Wheel instead of Radiohead. *sigh* I don't regret the Catherine Wheel, but I wish I had me some more Radiohead. I'm a lazy 'head fan.
    amy. if you want I can put together a nice big collection of non-album tracks for you to download... once you get a new computer that is. just let me know.

  27. #57
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,903

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    amy. if you want I can put together a nice big collection of non-album tracks for you to download... once you get a new computer that is. just let me know.
    You deserve one of these stickers. Thanks!


    btw, I already have the Iron Lung EP and the Airbag EP and "Talk Show Host"
    but put whatever you want on there if it's too much trouble to cull anything out.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  28. #58
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,553

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    sweet. I'll do that tonight and upload it for you.

  29. #59
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    Well actually, I can just send Amy the uploads I gave Passive to Amy, since I put a lot or singles and e.p.s on it.

  30. #60
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,903

    Default Re: During Winter Break...

    maybe we should PM wmgaretjax so he doesn't waste his time. Thanks, supre.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Similar Threads

  1. marooko's break in spektakula!!
    By marooko in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 05-11-2014, 06:32 AM
  2. Dresden Dolls winter tour.
    By Sigur Ros Stache in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-07-2007, 10:37 AM
  3. Prison Break vs Lost
    By coop_uk in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-03-2007, 01:48 PM
  4. Break a leg
    By shoveitupmytoolbox in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 03:12 PM
  5. spring break thread
    By caco0283 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-12-2007, 10:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •