Thread: My Morning Jacket!

Default My Morning Jacket!

Rather than have a bunch of reunion tours headline coachella - lets have bands that speak to OUR generation headline. Bands that live for the live show (Bjork, Tiesto, RATM). This is why MY MORNING JACKET should headline...they will blow your heads right off. Best live act around! No doubt.

What other "YOUNG" bands could headline. Arcade Fire.....

Default Re: My Morning Jacket!

Definetley mind blowing, but not headliner material. Believe me this is one of my favorite bands and despite having a new album dropping in 08, I just don't see them there. They are indeed amazing live.

best live act around? what shows have you been to?
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

They are good I guess, but not mind blowing. Seeing them at Lolla and ACL was enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Botrocker View Post
    Definetley mind blowing, but not headliner material. Believe me this is one of my favorite bands and despite having a new album dropping in 08, I just don't see them there. They are indeed amazing live.
    stole the words right out of my mouth.

Edit: The White Stripes are a band that "speak to our generation" that could headline though
    The White Stripes 9/18

The murder capital where we murder for capital

My Morning Jacket as a headliner?

Tiesto speaks to our generation?

WTF?

i think the fact that he said it was the best live act around is crazy enough.
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    Edit: The White Stripes are a band that "speak to our generation" that could headline though
    That made me throw up in my mouth a little.

MMJ for a sub-headliner in 08 would rock.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    My Morning Jacket as a headliner?

Tiesto speaks to our generation?

WTF?
    THis made me lol
    Quote Originally Posted by sames44 View Post
    Marriage is a beautiful thing - everyone should try it at least twice in their lifetime.

No way MMJ could headline. No way.

The only "young" band that could headline Coachella is The White Stripes.

I expect to see Muse as a headliner in '09 or '10 as well as Arcade Fire as a headliner in '10 or '11.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post

I expect to see Muse as a headliner in '09 or '10 as well as Arcade Fire as a headliner in '10 or '11.
    Well...Coldplay, but we dont want that do we?
    The White Stripes 9/18

I agree.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I could actually see Muse headlining this year, it was surprising to see that they could headline the Forum in LA and sell it out. So I have a feeling they will one of the headliners.
    The Aracade Fire could headline too if it wasnt for them having a high up last year. So maybe next year.

My Morning Jacket, sorry I dont think they are headlining material, and on a personal level I do not enjoy them that much, I saw them at Coachella 06 and then here in Portland and nah, i just dont understand that scene.

i saw MMJ in 2003 and they were decent, i cant see them headlining at all.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by beavington View Post
    I could actually see Muse headlining this year, it was surprising to see that they could headline the Forum in LA and sell it out. So I have a feeling they will one of the headliners.
    I dont since they are headlining a kroq event. I would feel ripped off if they headlined a day.

Quote Originally Posted by mvanwinkle View Post
    I dont since they are headlining a kroq event. I would feel ripped off if they headlined a day.
    as would I.

Maybe your right - giving them a "headline" spot maybe wouldn't go over well - but atleast give them the same spot they gave Arcade Fire. Seeing them with a light show is an experience not worth missing (same guy that ran pink floyd's shows). One thing coachella doesthough, is make bands prove themselves. Arcade fire got a shot in 05 and 07 and showed everyone they are worth the hype. MMJ has that hype about them as well. "The next Band" "The greatest live act" "Timeless" "an epic sound" etc....

The wonderful thing is MMJ appeals to all people. Jam kids. Indie kids. Good Ol' Rock and Roll kids. Psy Rock kids. Folk Kids. they play it all - and they play it well. you'll see - just go see their set next year.

BTW I saw them play for 3 1/2 hours at the Roo in 06' - by far the most epic show that year. I also so another 3 1/2 hour set NYE the fillmore where they held it down for 3 fucking days. 3 days, the fillmore, San Francisco, NYE. An honor none the less. I've seen them Lolla, open for Dylan at Red Rocks and in PHX - everytime better than the last. Give them a chance...they wont let you down.

AND YES! BEST LIVE ACT OUT RIGHT NOW.....NO DOUBT! (arcade fire, ghostland, radiohead, hold Steady, Stripes, Rapture and LCD are up there for me aswell)

I wouldn't mind for them to come back next year, considering that in '06 they played the outdoor stage at the same time as Daft Punk, so only 12 people got to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I wouldn't mind for them to come back next year, considering that in '06 they played the outdoor stage at the same time as Daft Punk, so only 12 people got to see them.
    That's not true. She Wants Revenge was playing opposite Daft.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

I think they played the same time as Kanye....

edit: yep just googled it. same time as kanye west 5:45.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    That's not true. She Wants Revenge was playing opposite Daft.

Really? Damn, my memory is not what it used to be...it must've been the heat from camping this year.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

I thought MMJ was incredible live..the opened for Dylan at red rocks and stoled the show...but they aren't headliners...fo sho...
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Really? Damn, my memory is not what it used to be...it must've been the heat from camping this year.
    Randy would know, he was watching SWR, an unforgivable sin given the fact Daft Punk was tearing up the Sahara, mind you, but he's still kicking himself for it.
    Upcoming Shows:

Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

This is true, I'm not happy about it. But I never liked Daft back when they were putting out albums, so I was like, "Fuck that."
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

You did end up catching Daft live, though, right? Outside of Coachella, I mean.
    Upcoming Shows:

yeah this thread is silly. but morning jacket is definitely one of the best live bands around..they could still never headline coachella.