Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone done a project related to the music industry?

Default Anyone done a project related to the music industry?

I have a presentation today (my last MBA presentation) and have put absolutely no thought into my presentation. Anyone have a powerpoint pres. or at least viable talking points? It has to deal with the internet side of things within the music industry.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I figured if anyone were to have good ideas, it would be this board.
    -----------------------

Default Re: Anyone done a project related to the music industry?

hey dani, you would be the perfect person to help on this if you have a few minutes .. i know, its easy to ask someone else to do something ... canx**
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by nothingman00 View Post
    I have a presentation today (my last MBA presentation) and have put absolutely no thought into my presentation. Anyone have a powerpoint pres. or at least viable talking points? It has to deal with the internet side of things within the music industry.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I figured if anyone were to have good ideas, it would be this board.
    Wicked ass study habits, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

I'm sure Dani has tons of time to help Nothingman out with his homework. No offense, Nothingman.

On Veronica Mars, when someone wants to cheat they go see this one guy in this one dorm room, he's got a whole database of OPP (other people's papers). Maybe there's someone like that at your school?

ps what a way to grab that MBA. You'll fit just right in corporate america.

Quote Originally Posted by full on idle View Post
    I'm sure Dani has tons of time to help Nothingman out with his homework. No offense, Nothingman.

On Veronica Mars, when someone wants to cheat they go see this one guy in this one dorm room, he's got a whole database of OPP (other people's papers). Maybe there's someone like that at your school?

ps what a way to grab that MBA. You'll fit just right in corporate america.
    I'm not going into corporate America, FOI, but thanks for your sarcastic response to what was intended to be a serious question. After the conception of my daughter, I figured I needed to get some further schooling. I enrolled in a 1-year MBA program, got a scholarship, and have been completely bogged down (I wrote a 41 page research paper working nonstop over the weekend---as in, I got about 15 hours of sleep total from Thursday to Monday and worked my fucking ass off). I'm just sick and tired of you fucking people. You berate innocent people and then idolize a bunch of wannabe scenesters. Most of you haven't even begun to live a meaningful life.

Look, to be honest, I'm not even sure why I come on here any more. You fucking clowns are just about as pathetic of people as I've ever dealt with in any form of communication: So with that, I'm fucking done here. I know there will be parades in the streets or just total indifference; whichever way you can prove that you guys are, in fact, super-cool (when in reality, you all secretly know that you're complete douches). So, a few parting words then I'm seriously fucking done with this board forever:

Greg- You've truly become a prick. Well done. At times you've been helpful, at times you've been a prick. Lately, you're intolerable. Go fuck yourself while listening to the National's new album "Why We'll Never Be Relevant Again".

FOI- Never did I ask for dani's help. I just wondered if someone would happen to have a presentation or even talking points that would help me out. Considering the vast majority on here are music experts, it seemed appropriate to ask you guys for help. Sorry to inconvenience you all. I've literally been working nonstop over the past 2 weeks on various projects. I'm not seeking the easy way out, but I'm only the third person to go through this 1-year MBA shit that my school offers and when you have 15 hours, and everyone is assigning their final projects at the EXACT same fucking time, well you get bogged down. Add in the fact that I've been chilling out on the intoxicants, only drinking wine, so that I can actually be a good husband and father and I think you'll see I'm not trying to cop out on this thing. I just haven't had the time to work on this.

Andrew, Randy, Amy (who gets treated like complete shit by you fucks), Breakjaw, Courtney (thanks for the headphone rec. for my daughter), Hannah, TomAZ (most of the time), Brandon (thanks for the DJ photoshop), Greg (when you weren't being a douche), even Raging Dave, Bug, Pot for at least being funny. And certainly Dani for her help moderating this board and her impeccable timing when it comes to making the appropriate jokes at the perfect times: Thanks for not trying to be holier than thou. While the rest of you have just been non-stop bitches, there are a few people that have some sense of decency.

Seriously, I'm fucking exhausted. I came on and posted an honest question and you guys decided to be your normal fucking prickish selves. I'm done. I'm sure I'll get a ton of "Good riddance" posts and well, I probably deserve them considering I've been nothing but fucking honest about who I am and what I do, which is a lot more than I can say for the majority of you clowns.

Best of luck to all of you, but fuck it, I'm done.
    -----------------------

i would say lighten up dude, but you seem pretty set in your thinking ... sorry to see you go, and hope to see you back here closer to coachella ... peace .. canx**

I was responding to Colorado Ron about Dani helping you.

I think you're stressed out and taking things way too seriously because of your stress level.

I am rarely serious. Cheer up.

Banned

Finally hes gone.

jesus christ. people take the internet too seriously. you mention the tendency of people here to "berate" people, and then you go on to make generalizations about the lives of "most" of the people on the board. what a fucking hypocrite.

How the fuck is anyone supposed to help you. You are doing a presentation on the music industry? Wait, a little more specific, the "internet side of things?" Give me a fucking break, there was no specificity in your question at all, and you expect people to come in and give random suggestions?

Before you flip out, maybe you should go back, read your original post, and then realize why people responded in the joking manner they did. jesus...

Quote Originally Posted by full on idle View Post
    I was responding to Colorado Ron about Dani helping you.

I think you're stressed out and taking things way too seriously because of your stress level.

I am rarely serious. Cheer up.
    FOI, it was the "way to grab the MBA, You'll fit right into corporate America shit that infuriated me. Way to go. You got to me. Congrats.

Colorado Ron-You're about the most chill dude on here and I have nothing but respect for you. I've never seen you be a total fucking dick like some of these people. Again, I'll read some comments in this thread to see all of the nice, wonderful things people say about me leaving, but fuck it, I'm done with this shit. The board will be better off without me, and you now have Randy to answer your drug questions.

A fucking simple question (because I actually needed some help and thought someone on this board could provide it with minimal effort---I wasn't looking for someone to do my shit for me, I was just looking for talking points about the evolution of the music industry and the Internet's role in it, with the slight hope that someone had presented the exact same fucking thing) and I got nothing but sarcastic, shitty ass comments. Again, good riddance to myself. Hurry up and get all the shit talking out of the way so I can read, respond, and then get the fuck out of here.
    -----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$ View Post
    Finally hes gone.
    And a good day to you, sir.
    -----------------------

tnx for the nice words ... on you way out .... here is an interesting article concerning what you ask ... canx**

http://www.tabblo.com/studio/stories/view/250056/

Banned

^serious cat.

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    jesus christ. people take the internet too seriously. you mention the tendency of people here to "berate" people, and then you go on to make generalizations about the lives of "most" of the people on the board. what a fucking hypocrite.

How the fuck is anyone supposed to help you. You are doing a presentation on the music industry? Wait, a little more specific, the "internet side of things?" Give me a fucking break, there was no specificity in your question at all, and you expect people to come in and give random suggestions?

Before you flip out, maybe you should go back, read your original post, and then realize why people responded in the joking manner they did. jesus...
    considering I have no plan of action, any generalizations would have helped. That was why I left it open-ended. All I needed was a few general talking points. The class is somewhat of a pushover, but it's my last presentation and I was hoping someone would at least say "talk about 'In Rainbows' and the effect it will have on the distribution side of the online music industry. I'm fucking delirious after not sleeping, not taking anxiety meds, not drinking for the most part, and I'm just fucking looking to the experts here. But again, fuck it, I'm done. I'm not even going to read the rest of these replies.
    -----------------------

Banned

You are the poster child for a drug free America.

Wow, just because you cant get your shit together they become our problems and you decide to attack the interwebs. Good job. Grade A cocksukar.

I dont know what you were hoping for on this message board. Its 90% asshole.
    Last edited by J~$$$; 12-05-2007 at 09:45 AM.

Coachella Junkie

Look at this dude cry like a bitch. I think I'll make a movie about it.

Banned

I may do a power point presentation about it.

Coachella Junkie

Could you forward that along? I'm not particularly interested in doing the prep work for the movie.

Banned

Seriously, I'm fucking exhausted.

I think im I going to go yell at the INTERNETZ for awhile.

Best of luck to all of you, but fuck it, I'm done.

Hey Zach - Um, take a joke. You have an MBA presentation today and you haven't started on it. I can't poke fun at that?

You're all yelly at me. I'm going to go sit in the wet for a while and think about this.
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Banned

Hes gone duders, he said aloha and rode off into the sun.

Hey Zach, don't go. I'm sorry you're going on no sleep and need to get your paper done right quick. I felt kinda crappy here yesterday because my stupid joke went too far, but I'm still here, hangin' on.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$ View Post
    Hes gone duders, he said aloha and rode off into the sun.
    He said he was done and the continued on with at least three more posts. I don't believe him.

I mean, he's a druggie like LGM and we all know how often he's threatened to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingman00 View Post
    I'm fucking delirious after not sleeping, not taking anxiety meds, not drinking for the most part
    clearly he is more sensitive right now than normal. maybe he'll be back after he finishes his mba stuff.

.................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

nothing

where u takin yer MBA at ?

i'm about to jump into a program as well
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Bug, are you sure you want to divulge such personal information?

intolerable.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

I did want to say that I was the one that mentioned PF’s name … the reason I said that is: a)she wouldn’t do his homework, but she might post a link to the subject matter that is somewhere only herself or people in the business tend to go for that topic and b) Dani is the resident expert on that topic if anyone is here …. I think she might have been a great person for a short interview from someone “in the know” to include in the presentation …. It would have been classy well maybe I should say more professional … … I just respect anyone who knows more about a subject then myself, which is just about everybody canx**

No comment.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Not about your post Ron. Just the thread.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.