Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: slighty stoopid

Default slighty stoopid

Slightly Stupid One of the first bands to be signed for the 2008 lineup, can tell you how I know but I do. I think they'd be a perfect later afternoon band

Default Re: slighty stoopid

slightly stupid: not a misnomer.

that's terrible news if true. One of the worst concert experiences I ever had was sitting through a slightly stoopid set to see Wu-Tang Clan at street scene 2006.
    The White Stripes 9/18

I have a friend who LOVES Slightly Stoopid. He went and saw them live and said the band was awesome. But he said the crowd sucked big time. He said it was all bro's trying to start mosh pits and fight each other. Barely any skanking going on at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Slightly Stoopid would be fuckin sweet, yeah the crowd is kinda bro but they attract hot skanks and put on an awesome live performance especially since they added a horn section
    Stevie Wonder, Jurassic 5!!, Magnetic Man, Pogo, Tycho, Tears for Fears 2013

Coach 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13(1)
    Sasquatch 12
    Lolla 11(Chile)
    VOODOO 11
    Street Scene 07,08,09
    Rock the Bells 07

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I have a friend who LOVES Slightly Stoopid. He went and saw them live and said the band was awesome. But he said the crowd sucked big time. He said it was all bro's trying to start mosh pits and fight each other. Barely any skanking going on at all.
    oh yeah, that was one of the reasons why it was so terrible. That had to be the worst fucking crowd I've ever seen. While waiting for Steel Pulse to come on some guy asks me if i knew what kindof music the next band played and I said reggae and the guy responds by saying "Oh like 311?". I just stood there for a bit shocked and then finally said no...no...like roots reggae to which he just stared at me blankly so I just left it at that.
    Last edited by summerkid; 12-03-2007 at 04:29 PM.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Well they do play punk music (or what is considered punk today) I have seen Slighty Stupid multiple times. Mostly @ Winston's in OB. Never understood how they got national attention really.

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    oh yeah, that was one of the reasons why it was so terrible. That had to be the worst fucking crowd I've ever seen. While waiting for Steel Pulse to come on some guy asks me if i knew what kindof music the next band played and I said reggae and the guy responds by saying "Oh like 311?". I just stood there for a bit shocked and then finally said no...no...like roots reggae to which he just stared at me blankly so I just left it at that.
    Ugh. Are you serious? That doesnt surprise me though. Hasnt Slightly Stoopid gone on tour w/ 311 before? Anyways, Slightly have some really good tunes. They also have some really bad ones. If they really are at Coachella, I might check them out... depending on conflicts. I am just hoping it will be more people who want to skank and dance, rather than mosh.
    Actually... Fuck Slightly Stoopid. Get the fuckin Aggrolites at Coachella next year! Now THEY put on an awesome show.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Ugh. Are you serious? That doesnt surprise me though. Hasnt Slightly Stoopid gone on tour w/ 311 before? Anyways, Slightly have some really good tunes. They also have some really bad ones. If they really are at Coachella, I might check them out... depending on conflicts. I am just hoping it will be more people who want to skank and dance, rather than mosh.
    Actually... Fuck Slightly Stoopid. Get the fuckin Aggrolites at Coachella next year! Now THEY put on an awesome show.
    oh those people like to mosh... I was in the front row and was getting pushed up against the railing. I had bruises all over my chest, stomach, and waist. One of the things my friend said to me during the set was "this is sooo much worse than last year (when we had to sit through dashboard confessional for the flaming lips and Pixies) much more violent"
    The White Stripes 9/18

RAGE we are on the same fucking page with The Aggrolites. I will be at their set NO MATTER the conflicts if they play coachella. One of my fav. live bands.

they played an acoustic set in an alley in Fresno once because the club wouldn't let them go on due to lack of tickets sold or a double booking. acoustic roots was recorded slightly after that and it was the last good thing they've done. every album since then has been complete crap.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

i wouldn't mind seeing the aggrolites or streetlight manifesto on the bill next year... but definitely not slightly stoopid

this thread is slightly stoopid
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nightmares On Wax - Amoeba, Basement Jaxx - Rhonda, !!! - Pomona, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

Memorial_07

I love moshing, but I hate the stupid fuckin' bro's. There douchebags in the pit

One of the worst bands ever.

they remind me of that other sublime type band called pepper.

SS play here in New Mexico alot with ozomatli. sometimes it's free shows put on by the colleges.
    N8TIVE

Slightly Stoopid and Pepper play together ALL the time.

fuck naw

Uh, Slightly Stoopid is fucking terrible. They have no chance of playing at Coachella.

Pepper is one of the worst bands ever. And I say that even with the fact that my pal Josh guested on their song Storm Trooper.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Despite the fact that Pepper may be a carbon copy of Sublime, I thought they put on a hell of a show at Street Scene. But Slightly Stoopid does suck.

If GV wanted to get some good reggae acts, they should go with The Aggrolites or Ky-Mani Marley.

This thread is Slightly Gay....
    Quote Originally Posted by sames44 View Post
    Marriage is a beautiful thing - everyone should try it at least twice in their lifetime.

The Aggrolites did open for Spoon, Kings of Leon and Interpol @ last year's Independence Jam in SD, so I think it's distinctly possible that they could get a midday slot this year at Coachella. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing them again.

And if 311 did have Slightly Stoopid open up for them on some tours, thank GOD I caught them when they had the English Beat and Matisyahu opening for them... That was actually a good show. The co-worker I took with me didn't know Matisyahu was a white, hassidic Jew, lol.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Aggrolites midday at Coachella would be PERFECT. It would be the greatest place ever to see them actually. I have feeling they would be to big for the Gobi... but in the Mojave or at the outdoor theatre would be just as good.

Quote Originally Posted by eatdogs View Post
    they remind me of that other sublime type band called pepper.

SS play here in New Mexico alot with ozomatli. sometimes it's free shows put on by the colleges.
    i hope you are not alluding to the idea that Sublime sucks.

Sublime is easily one of the best bands that came from the 90s
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nightmares On Wax - Amoeba, Basement Jaxx - Rhonda, !!! - Pomona, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    i hope you are not alluding to the idea that Sublime sucks.

Sublime is easily one of the best bands that came from the 90s

it was about bands that sound like sublime. SS is one of them along with pepper who i saw this past summer at warped tour. pepper actually wasn't that bad at all, but you know how those emo kids act when it's something they don't like. the crowd was freekin' apathetic amongst the 100 degree heat.

hey, i've loved sublime since the first time i heard them.
    N8TIVE

U guys are stoopid i just saw SS w/ Fishbone 3 days ago it was an awesome show, no mosh pitting and a really chill crowd, I smoked out with so many new ppl and their were so many hot chicks
    Stevie Wonder, Jurassic 5!!, Magnetic Man, Pogo, Tycho, Tears for Fears 2013

Coach 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13(1)
    Sasquatch 12
    Lolla 11(Chile)
    VOODOO 11
    Street Scene 07,08,09
    Rock the Bells 07

Wait... Slightly Stoopid w/ Fishbone? Don't you mean Fishbone w/ Slightly Stoopid? Fishbone are legendary... there is NO WAY they should be opening up for Slightly Stoopid.