Thread: They have started early this year

old school

Default They have started early this year

In past years, they usually wouldn't come around until mid-February. You know what I'm speaking about. Running around, not being able to find anyone. Not getting into the festival until 5pm, and then never being able to find a stage. Something always coming up and you not being able to get to the stage where your favorite band is playing. Nobody has a lighter.

Yes, I'm talking about the Coachella nightmares. Had my first one last night. Woke up sweating. Couldn't get back to sleep.
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

Default Re: They have started early this year

Ouch...... Radiohead discbox and tour dates dominate my dreams for the moment, its rather nice.

Will Call, that's a Coachella nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

I had a dream that Panic at the Disco was headlining and gaypalmsprings would not be in attendence. Ok half that is true...
    Quote Originally Posted by sames44 View Post
    Marriage is a beautiful thing - everyone should try it at least twice in their lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviate_420 View Post
    I had a dream that Panic at the Disco was headlining and gaypalmsprings would be in attendence.
    Sounds more like a wet dream
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

I had to buy a new mattress it was so intense..
    Quote Originally Posted by sames44 View Post
    Marriage is a beautiful thing - everyone should try it at least twice in their lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Sounds more like a wet dream
    oh man that made me laugh!

me too.

old school

Had another one last night. I got all the way up to Indio and was unpacking my things, and I forgot the "goodies". Then drove back to LA, but it wasn't LA, it was the house I grew up in. Went in and picked up my goodies, then was caught in a traffic jam on the way back. Suddenly, I looked at the clock in the car and Coachella was over for the night. Woke up sweating at 3:18am.
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

I haven't had any so far, but I'm sure they will come soon enough.

I had nightmares about the presale all night long. And somehow it involved a very nice adolescent T. Rex dinosaur who gave me a hug.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy75 View Post
    In past years, they usually wouldn't come around until mid-February. You know what I'm speaking about. Running around, not being able to find anyone. Not getting into the festival until 5pm, and then never being able to find a stage. Something always coming up and you not being able to get to the stage where your favorite band is playing. Nobody has a lighter.
    hahahaha! Oh my God! I had almost that exact same dream last night!
    Yeah, well, luck pushed me first.

My continuing nightmare is that no matter how far or how much I drive I can't find the Polo field.

Either I am stuck on a continous freeway that has no exits in the middle of nowhere or I am in indio and there is nothing around me no matter how far I drive or I can see the Polo Field and it never gets any closer no matter how much I drive and then all of sudden I get a phone call and it's someone saying, "What the hell are you doing?? You passed the polo field" and then I look up and the sign in front of me on the road says "Welcome to Imperial County".

I get out of my car and all I can see is nothing and the "Great Salton Sea".

I try to turn around but I can't get past the city of Mecca.

I have had this nightmare many times but I have never made it to Coachella in my nightmares.

I have dreams about an endless line to either get in or get tickets, and when I get to the beginning of the line, I have no money, or I can't get in.
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

I thought this thread was going to be about the monkey infestation. To which I would reply:

Yes, they certainly have.
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

What a trip as I too had a Coachella dream the other nite! All I truly recall of it though was standing in a fenced in area, (possibly VIP?) trying to organize my party wares and seeing Randy strolling up asking if anyone knew who's purse he had just found laying unattended somehwere. Just as I was beginning to think to myself, "Wow, he's not such a bad guy afterall, maybe I'll share some of this..." Poof! Off he went, purse and all in the direction of the Sahara Tent!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I had a Coachella Nightmare where they had fused the festival with Fair Rides but it was in a cold part of Scotland. Daft Punk was playing in an indoor theatre but they were only using Air Organs and the crowd was still going crazy. The dream ended abruptly when Daft punk removed their helmets and revealed it was my friend but she had a twin sister who was the other robot in duo... Some one got on a loud speaker about a tornado that was heading for the sahara and all had to be evacuated from a "god's thumb". I woke up
    "Choke on that Causality!"

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I don't give a shit if the Killers are playing; I'll watch something else-even if it's watching the poor churro man get trampled by stoners.

Thats pretty messed up. Not gonna lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

it was definitely one of the odder wake ups.
    "Choke on that Causality!"

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I don't give a shit if the Killers are playing; I'll watch something else-even if it's watching the poor churro man get trampled by stoners.

Quote Originally Posted by RedThom View Post
    I had a Coachella Nightmare where they had fused the festival with Fair Rides but it was in a cold part of Scotland. Daft Punk was playing in an indoor theatre but they were only using Air Organs and the crowd was still going crazy. The dream ended abruptly when Daft punk removed their helmets and revealed it was my friend but she had a twin sister who was the other robot in duo... Some one got on a loud speaker about a tornado that was heading for the sahara and all had to be evacuated from a "god's thumb". I woke up
    I'm going to have to snag one of those acid hits from you..

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

last night I dreamt i was crimesolving in the Canadian Rockies.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Dudley Doright, at your service!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I had a dream that I had bought tickets during a presale and when the lineup was announced it turned out that Kurt Cobain was in fact not dead and Nirvana was headlining. The world went apeshit, tickets sold out in a micro-second and I was forced to consider selling my ticket because of the outrageous scalping prices... I woke up before I made a decision. To tell you the truth I still can't decide which way I would fall if that actually happened.
    "Yes, I am indeed beautiful! Sometimes I sit and wonder, in my artless Japanese way, why it is that I am so much more attractive than anybody else in the whole world. Can this be vanity? No! Nature is lovely and rejoices in her loveliness. I am a child of Nature, and take after my mother."

I had Coachella nightmares last year too. One that I was working and forgot to go, and another one that I lost my tickets or something like that. I'm sure I'll have a couple this year too

I slept once. The dream has yet to end:

It was a purple evening such as this. The curtains had been pulled by a hand unattached. I lay propped on a pillow of eagle feathers. On a couch framed with the skeletons of my uncles and great uncles. I did not intend to close my eyes, but I did. The night is falling on the moist palms of children too weak to bear its weight. The stars are visibly breathing. In fact, they almost look as if they are chewing gum. The moon is crescented on both sides, while its center remains unseen. I can faintly hear my mother calling me, or is that my sister singing songs of the railroad?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Interesting quote. I'm going to take this opportunity to point out that the use of dream sequences in TV, movies, and moreover just about any time anyone tells you about one of their dreams is excruciatingly boring and/or stupid.

If they're about Coachella though, we can let this rule slide.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Jeeze.....I guess I'm not that hardcore of a coachella fan to have whack ass dreams like these.