Page 1 of 38 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pearl Jam

Banned

Default Pearl Jam

and yes i even did the search engine this time, looks like we don't have a thread about the good ol PJ.
    Like or dislike?
    Would they be qualified to ever headline Coachella?
    There a great live band, and shows are being announced for their tour this summer.
    haven't heard anything about a new cd...but that would be good.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default Re: Pearl Jam

Aug 21 - Toronto, ONT - Molson Amphitheater
    Aug 23 - Chicago, IL - United Center

Banned

i was just gonna post that. u gonna go fax?

"Jeremy" makes me want to shoot people. That's all I have to say on this subject.

old school

Isnt it meant to?

Jeremy makes me want to make stupid faces and growl.

But i do like Pearl Jam.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

I wish this wasn't a thread.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

I am indifferent with Pearl Jam. While I don't hate them and respect what they have done. I just don't care for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    What the fuck do you know about Madison Square Garden you Orange County twat?
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    And I'm just gonna tell you all this right now, and you don't have to listen to me if you don't want to, but Daft Punk isn't playing next year, so just shut up about it now and save yourself from wasting anymore time on the thought of it.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014.

I like Pearl Jam, never been a big fan or anything. They will headline Coachella one year, don't know when but it will happen. They are a headliner and the headliner pool seems awfully shallow lately, so it will happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinken View Post
    I like Pearl Jam, never been a big fan or anything. They will headline Coachella one year, don't know when but it will happen. They are a headliner and the headliner pool seems awfully shallow lately, so it will happen.
    Yeah its pretty much a given....its just a matter of when...
    And I'm just gonna tell you all this right now, and you don't have to listen to me if you don't want to, but Daft Punk isn't playing next year, so just shut up about it now and save yourself from wasting anymore time on the thought of it.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014.

Banned

they do put on a very energetic and by far a worthwhile performance. had the privilage of seeing them back in 06 opening up for tom petty & the heartbreakers.
    They are due for a new cd-no? the last one that came out was their self titled one-right? with world wide suicide and other songs on it...
    Has anyone seen eddie veddar (solo) live?

I saw Eddie Veddar live, back in 2002 at ATP UCLA. It was pretty good.

For someone who was in 6th grade when Ten came out in 1991, and who was pretty much raised on the band's great early albums every 2-3 years after that, they're the best. The most diverse of the grunge explosion Seattle bands, with hard rockers and lovely ballads as well.

Now, if you're say 24 or younger I can totally see how you would dislike PJ. The sound of popular music has changed drastically since then, and if I was born ten years later I probably wouldn't care for them either.

But after having seen them 14x since 2000, I can say without hesitation that they're one of the best if not the best live band on the planet. And they also happen to be my favorite band.
    4/17 - Mogwai - El Rey (?)
    4/27 - Ghost BC - Fonda (?)
    4/29 - Franz Ferdinand - Wiltern (?)
    4/30 - Mono - Troubadour (?)
    5/03 - Philip Glass - Royce Hall

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by unitedwestand View Post
    they do put on a very energetic and by far a worthwhile performance. had the privilage of seeing them back in 06 opening up for tom petty & the heartbreakers.
    They are due for a new cd-no? the last one that came out was their self titled one-right? with world wide suicide and other songs on it...
    Has anyone seen eddie veddar (solo) live?
    saw Eddie VeddEr last year on the April Fools tour...amazing show, about 2 hours all by himself minus an encore with Liam Finn...bunch of awesome covers, into the wild songs and a couple PJ songs including Porch and Lukin...

anyways, can't wait til the full tour is announced if one is coming...

Banned

Pearl Jam deserves to be a thread as much as the beasties do-and they have at least 2 threads on here.
    And yup-fall tour wahoo! Sucks they are playing United Center in chicago, they frigen ALWAYS play that place.
    So we can now conclude

PJ 2009 Tour Dates:
    Aug 21-Toronto
    Aug 23-Chicago
    Outside Lands Festival-San Francisco
    ACL-Austin
    is there any others?

I touched Eddie Vedder's junk.

Back in college, I saw Red Hot Chili Peppers with Smashing Pumpkins and Pearl Jam (who I'd never heard of before) as support acts. Vedder dove into the crowd and was passed along toward the back of the hall, presumably to see how well his band's t-shirts were selling. As he made his way directly over my head, I figured it was my civic duty to participate. I thrust my hands skyward where they inadvertently found purchase in the "gentlemen's region." I did my bit, wiped my hands on my jeans and got on with my life.

I don't really have much of an opinion of their music. They seem alright, and I wouldn't raise any vocal objection to their playing Coachella some time. But I don't know that I'd spend much time watching them, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

I can't wait until the day Pearl Jam headline Coachella. Im not a huge fan, especially of their earlier work, but they would be awesome at Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

Banned

Coachella 2010: Arcade Fire/Muse/Pearl Jam=headliners.

I listened to their first 2 records like crazy when they were released...the ones that followed? Not so much. I generally don't seek them out, but I rarely skip them when they pop up on shuffle. I am happy that they will be at ACL, as I never had a chance to see them at the height of my obsession. I know they'll put on a great show, & junior high Becca will be so pleased.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

There isn't even a question as to whether or not Pearl Jam is headliner quality. I saw them at Bonnaroo last year and they were really fucking good. "Black" and "W.M.A." are probably my 2 favorite PJ songs.

glad to see some support for them in here...usually when they are brought up alot of hate follows...

as for additional dates...i'd say Bridge School is almost a lock

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    There isn't even a question as to whether or not Pearl Jam is headliner quality. I saw them at Bonnaroo last year and they were really fucking good. "Black" and "W.M.A." are probably my 2 favorite PJ songs.
    "Black" breaks my heart. If I do indeed get to go to ACL( I'm going even if i have to hire a doppelganger to take my place at work) I will most surely shed a tear or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    "Black" breaks my heart. If I do indeed get to go to ACL( I'm going even if i have to hire a doppelganger to take my place at work) I will most surely shed a tear or two.
    the "i know someday you'll have a beautiful life in somebody elses sky but why can't it be mine" line is devastating...soo great live and Black KILLS when Ed adds on the We Belong Together tag at the end...

Hopefully Pearl Jam will headline Coachella one day. Their show I saw back in 2006 was really great.

Seeing as Pearl Jam was the first concert for Tollett on the Polo Fields giving him the idea that a fest could be done there, I'm pretty sure Pearl Jam will eventually headline
    Check out Sleeping In Is Giving In for great mixes and other cool stuff

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    Seeing as Pearl Jam was the first concert for Tollett on the Polo Fields giving him the idea that a fest could be done there, I'm pretty sure Pearl Jam will eventually headline
    Although they may have bad feelings about that show people were pissed about the venue and took it out on the band. The Polo fields were chosen because they did not have an exclusivity deal with Ticketmaster. Anyway people were tired and dusty and started taking their frustration out on the band by throwing their shoes. I've often thought this is why they've never played Coachella again, especially after their fear of festivals ala Roskilde.

$68 tickets? Seriously?

I really cant believe PJ has not headlined Coachella yet. I hope they hit up LA around Outside Lands

Quote Originally Posted by JSam67 View Post
    $68 tickets? Seriously?
    whats wrong with that? look at similar bands in terms of popularity and you'll find similar prices...what was Radiohead last year? $65? a pair of tickets from the Ten Club is $148...not bad when looking at the size of the band and what ticketmaster would throw on as far as fees

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

Quote Originally Posted by gimpboy76 View Post
    Although they may have bad feelings about that show people were pissed about the venue and took it out on the band. The Polo fields were chosen because they did not have an exclusivity deal with Ticketmaster. Anyway people were tired and dusty and started taking their frustration out on the band by throwing their shoes. I've often thought this is why they've never played Coachella again, especially after their fear of festivals ala Roskilde.

Never knew that that went down. Awesome video.
    Check out Sleeping In Is Giving In for great mixes and other cool stuff