Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated Rumor Mill

Coachella Junkie

Default Re: Updated Rumor Mill

heh, didnt think anyone else here would know what nekosite was. yeah, she is a very dedicated fan. follows them wherever they go. crazy.

i guess lollapalooza is a possibility, but i wouldnt get my hopes up for that.

DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!

How on earth could they make a mistake that big? Also, Turbonegro just got pulled down too? How do they explain that.
    Its true the Prodigy may not be confirmed just yet... but its still possible they will be there... isn't it?
    And just to be clear... she isn't suggesting the Prodigy are confirmed for 2009, is she?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy75 View Post
    Blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I REFUSE to believe it. It is all a smoke screen! I know someone who knows someone who knows someone who said that GV is laying out massive disinformation on Radiohead because they want to please all the children on this board once it becomes official that they ARE playing.
    Not happening, deal with it. As I have said many many times, I am fine with them not being there. More of you guys are Radiohead starved and just wish they did coachella so you dont have to deal with getting tickets for their own shows.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!

How on earth could they make a mistake that big? Also, Turbonegro just got pulled down too? How do they explain that.
    Its true the Prodigy may not be confirmed just yet... but its still possible they will be there... isn't it?
    And just to be clear... she isn't suggesting the Prodigy are confirmed for 2009, is she?
    seriously. just exactly how do you make a mistake like that?

ROCK LOBSTER

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Not happening, deal with it. As I have said many many times, I am fine with them not being there. More of you guys are Radiohead starved and just wish they did coachella so you dont have to deal with getting tickets for their own shows.
    I can get tickets to whatever I want and I still want to see them at Coachella. Tell me, Supre, are you ALWAYS this full of shit? Like 24/7s?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy75 View Post
    You are damn right Green Day is dropping. GV most likely read my thread.
    Yeah, that must be it. You hold such sway on this message board, after all. Paul Tollett and company wouldn't want to risk drawing your ire.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Or maybe some of us aren't so fortunate to live in a city or state where they play dozens of shows on every tour. Even though Jen and I got cheap ass tickets to the LCD/Arcade Fire show at Shoreline and my airplane ticket was discounted, I still spent more than a couple hundred dollars on the show. I'm willing to do that once for Radiohead if the opportunity arises, but not everybody's able to afford traveling like that. For some people, Coachella's the one big show of the year they can afford to attend, and if their favorite band's not going to play anywhere close to where they live, who could blame them for wanting them to play the festival?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

Amneeziac

Supre, I admit it'd be convenient if Radiohead played Coachella, just in case tickets to their regular L.A. shows sell out before I can get my hands on any. Especially since I've never seen them before. However, Coachella is the optimum venue, I'd pick seeing a band at Coachella over anywhere else in the world, so convenience is definitely not the #1 reason why I want Radiohead at Coachella.

I suppose that's sort of obvious but I typed it all out.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Yeah, that must be it. You hold such sway on this message board, after all. Paul Tollett and company wouldn't want to risk drawing your ire.
    Serious much?

*gives Somewhat Damaged a needed hug* ; )

Suprefan, your post is so dumb and off-base that it is not even worthy of being quoted.
    Last edited by ShyGuy75; 11-27-2007 at 06:34 PM.
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

Thanks, I sure needed that huh.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Daft Radiohead Punk View Post
    Nor does that link confirm Bowie is or isnt playing.
    yes it does. it clearly says "I can tell you that David Bowie is not performing at Coachella 2008."

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    I don't know, The Daft Radiohead Punk usually posts stuff that's pretty accurate. You never know.
    he once posted accurate information. with the DP tour dates. I don't recall anything since. did I miss something there?

MBV and Bowie back to rumored ???

the riskiest Daft Radiohead Punk post, so far.

Does anyone think there will be any repeater headliners for 2008? even though that seems Impossible seeing how Radiohead won't be there.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

My predictions for Coachella 08 headliners...

Beastie Boys
    Oasis
    Prince/Bowie/anyonereallyatthispointyoucantruleanyoneout

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    he once posted accurate information. with the DP tour dates. I don't recall anything since. did I miss something there?
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    Nice! Have you heard anything else that isn't being talked about (like your JAMC find last year)?
    Apparently he leaked JAMC info early last year as well.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I would like Wilco back (obviously not headlining), but they are such great live performers. Their 2005 performance rocked.

I think the Beastie Boys have a good chance of playing, though with them playing Langerado before, not so sure.

I bet either REM or Beasties are at Coachella this year. For some reason, I am more leaning towards Beasties being more likely. But seeing as I am fans of both and I have never seen either, both would be welcome to me.

LOVESHACK

I'm still in denial about radiohead skipping out

many of you guys have already written them off for coachella and said they are definitely NOT playing...but no one has provided a source, link, or anything to back it up

the only evidence I've heard is Ed O'brein saying on BBC that "we're probably going to start in May in the U.S" and he was totally not being official and he said anything could easily change...even if this is the case, the last weekend in April isn't exactly stretch from May

I know for a fact PF and the daft radiohead guy flat out said "no radiohead", so can you please tell us how you know this, where you heard it from, etc. because neither have you indicated any reason...both of you seem like credible sources but I (and probably most others) want some other information regarding this, otherwise it appears that you're spewing bullshit, although I assume neither of you are

last year the big rumor was the police. i said repeatedly they were not playing. i had a lot of doubters on that one too.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Quote Originally Posted by pyschic friend View Post
    last year the big rumor was the police. i said repeatedly they were not playing. i had a lot of doubters on that one too.
    You also claimed that Daft Punk would be at Detour this year. Look, I prove it:

Quote Originally Posted by pyschic friend View Post
    daft punk will be at detour 2007. also, randy has dreamy gnards.
    Last edited by RotationSlimWang; 11-27-2007 at 07:54 PM.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Dani (PF) works for goldenvoice. GV is the company the organizes and promotes Coachella. She has her sources.

We dont know DRP's sources... but they are good enough to confirm the exact dates of the entire Daft Punk US tour, before it was even rumoured. He also leaked early info on the JAMC reunion... as well as Rage I believe.

oh funny randy using someone's mis-spelled alias of my name. haha,.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

No. Silly Dani. C'mon, it's not like it's a hard trick. Figure it out, helper girl. (HINT: There's a button...)

edit: fooooooled yoooooooou.

double edit:

FACE

triple edit:

Oh you sneaky bitch! REVERSE FACE!
    Last edited by RotationSlimWang; 11-27-2007 at 07:52 PM.

speaking of R.E.M. and B-52s...

Woh? Is that seriously the girl from the B-52's singing in that song? That actualy makes a lot of sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    ROCK LOBSTER
    This deserves to be reiterated.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post

Or maybe some of us aren't so fortunate to live in a city or state where they play dozens of shows on every tour. Even though Jen and I got cheap ass tickets to the LCD/Arcade Fire show at Shoreline and my airplane ticket was discounted, I still spent more than a couple hundred dollars on the show. I'm willing to do that once for Radiohead if the opportunity arises, but not everybody's able to afford traveling like that. For some people, Coachella's the one big show of the year they can afford to attend, and if their favorite band's not going to play anywhere close to where they live, who could blame them for wanting them to play the festival?
    exactly.

could not agree more, party because I am in that scenario.

It cost me nearly $400 total to go to NYC to see the chemical brothers last september in NYC (i live in VA).

Sure Radiohead will hopefully hit DC, but the point Somewhat Damaged made is solid. I can't always make trips like that for when my favorite electronic artists do tours and don't come anywhere near me.

Although it would be convenient for you for Radiohead to play Coachella... think about all the other people it would be inconvient for.
    Goldenvoice, Radiohead, Passive Theory...