Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Front 242

  1. #1
    Memorial_07
    Guest

    Default Front 242

    Needs to play Coachella!!!!!!!!
    This band is classic!
    Probably Sahara or Mojave Tent.

    Oh, and putting this out there, KMFDM would be amazing too!
    Last edited by Memorial_07; 11-27-2007 at 10:18 AM.

  2. #2
    old school MarkO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I can hear them calling way from Oregon
    Posts
    4,603

    Default Re: Front 242

    old skool but good skool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

  3. #3
    Coachella Junkie sonofhal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8,971

    Default Re: Front 242

    I haven't seen them for 19 years. I thought they'd be pensioners by now.

    Hmm, I wonder if Laibach are still alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

  4. #4
    Memorial_07
    Guest

    Default Re: Front 242

    Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    I haven't seen them for 19 years. I thought they'd be pensioners by now.

    Hmm, I wonder if Laibach are still alive.
    Yeah. Laibach is still around.

    By the way, was Front 242 good when you saw them?

  5. #5
    Coachella Junkie sonofhal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8,971

    Default Re: Front 242

    Yes, they put on an amazing show, with frickin' lazers and shit. They all came out in space suits. It was most entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

  6. #6
    Memorial_07
    Guest

    Default Re: Front 242

    Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Yes, they put on an amazing show, with frickin' lazers and shit. They all came out in space suits. It was most entertaining.
    Ha! Kind of seems like a Daft Punk show!

  7. #7
    old school invisiblerobots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,807

    Default Re: Front 242

    I saw Front 242 at the 93 Lollapalooza in Portland. They sounded terrible on the main stage and seemed kind of confused about what they were doing.

  8. #8
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,947

    Default Re: Front 242

    Oooh, Front 242 would be fun.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  9. #9

    Default Re: Front 242

    Memorial I knew I liked you for a fukin reason!
    Front 242 would be awesome & KMFDM WOW!
    I actually saw KMFDM open up for Ministry on NYE in Chicago like
    17 years ago.
    FUCK! 17 years ago- I am getting old.
    Memorial Have you heard of Die Warzau you might like them.

  10. #10
    Memorial_07
    Guest

    Default Re: Front 242

    Quote Originally Posted by goodgrl View Post
    Memorial I knew I liked you for a fukin reason!
    Front 242 would be awesome & KMFDM WOW!
    I actually saw KMFDM open up for Ministry on NYE in Chicago like
    17 years ago.
    FUCK! 17 years ago- I am getting old.
    Memorial Have you heard of Die Warzau you might like them.
    Ha!

    Was KMFDM good when you saw them and was Ministry too?

    And I have heard of Die Warzau.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Front 242

    I remember KMFDM being all over the place-
    This was the Ministry show where they put up the huge fence,
    I was up in front and remember the beer bottles being thrown at them.
    It was so crazy I had to climb a speaker to get out of the pit. Some guy
    just yanked me out it was my first time getting a doc marten to the back of the head. WOW! GOOD TIMES!

  12. #12
    Memorial_07
    Guest

    Default Re: Front 242

    Quote Originally Posted by goodgrl View Post
    I remember KMFDM being all over the place-
    This was the Ministry show where they put up the huge fence,
    I was up in front and remember the beer bottles being thrown at them.
    It was so crazy I had to climb a speaker to get out of the pit. Some guy
    just yanked me out it was my first time getting a doc marten to the back of the head. WOW! GOOD TIMES!
    I've seen footage from that!
    Ministry had the fence and I saw the crowd going fucking insane!!!!!

    Are you going to see them on their last tour?

  13. #13

    Default Re: Front 242

    Quote Originally Posted by Memorial_07 View Post
    I've seen footage from that!
    Ministry had the fence and I saw the crowd going fucking insane!!!!!

    Are you going to see them on their last tour?
    Most definetly. Havent seen any tour dates for 08.
    Last couple of times they were in Chicago, I happened to be out of town.
    Same thing with thrill kill cult- I keep missing them. You should check them out as well.

  14. #14
    Memorial_07
    Guest

    Default Re: Front 242

    Quote Originally Posted by goodgrl View Post
    Most definetly. Havent seen any tour dates for 08.
    Last couple of times they were in Chicago, I happened to be out of town.
    Same thing with thrill kill cult- I keep missing them. You should check them out as well.
    Here are the dates.
    March 28 Commodore Ballroom, Vancouver, BC Canada
    March 29 Showbox SoDo, Seattle, WA
    March 30 Roseland Theatre, Portland, OR

    April 01 Fillmore, San Francisco, CA
    April 02 Fillmore, San Francisco, CA
    April 05 House of Blues, Los Angeles, CA
    April 06 House of Blues, Los Angeles, CA
    April 07 House of Blues, San Diego, CA
    April 08 Marquee Theatre, Tempe, AZ
    April 09 House of Blues, Las Vegas, NV
    April 11 The Great Salt Air, Salt Lake City, UT
    April 12 Ogden Theatre, Denver, CO
    April 15 La Zona Rosa, Austin, TX
    April 17 Palladium, Dallas, TX
    April 18 Verizon Wireless Theatre, Houston, TX
    April 19 House of Blues, New Orleans, LA
    April 22 Jannus Landing, St. Petersburg, FL
    April 23 House of Blues, Orlando, FL
    April 24 Tremont Music Hall, Charlotte, NC
    April 25 Masquerade, Atlanta, GA
    April 26 Rams Head Live, Baltimore, MD
    April 27 Palladium, Worcester, MA
    April 29 Fillmore Theatre of the Living Arts, Philadelphia, PA

    May 1 Irving Plaza, New York, NY
    May 2 Irving Plaza, New York, NY
    May 3 Metropolis, Montreal, QC Canada
    May 4 Koolhaus, Toronto, ON Canada
    May 6 Agora Theatre, Cleveland, OH
    May 7 Emerald Theatre, Detroit, MI
    May 8 House of Blues, Chicago, IL

    And I know who the Thrill Kill Kult is. Pretty good.

    Die Warzau is awesome! I just started listening to them about 20 minutes ago!
    Sounds kind of like Nine Inch Nails to me, but its very good.

    Oh, and if you like Ministry, Front 242 and KMFDM, you probably know this band, Killing Joke!

  15. #15
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,938

    Default Re: Front 242

    Yeah, what am I like in my mid 30's stuck on the old s**t? Front 242 opened for Depeche Mode in their hey day.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Front 242

    How is that being stuck on old shit?
    Its not like this is an AF or justice thread.
    Go play some where else little boy. I think theres
    a daft bootleg thread waiting for your ever enlightening
    presence.

  17. #17
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,947

    Default Re: Front 242

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Yeah, what am I like in my mid 30's stuck on the old s**t? Front 242 opened for Depeche Mode in their hey day.
    Now now now.

    So did Nizter Ebb and Primal Scream.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  18. #18
    old school invisiblerobots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,807

    Default Re: Front 242

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Yeah, what am I like in my mid 30's stuck on the old s**t? Front 242 opened for Depeche Mode in their hey day.
    Really? What tour was that?

  19. #19
    old school invisiblerobots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,807

    Default Re: Front 242

    Quote Originally Posted by Memorial_07 View Post
    March 29 Showbox SoDo, Seattle, WA
    I'll be at this show. Geez, the last time I saw them was in 92 on the Psalm 69 tour. I went by myself and took acid which made things seem even more chaotic. I also saw them earlier that year at Lollapalooza which, coincidentally, was the first time I ever took acid. I doubt that I'll be making a threepeat of this pattern, however.
    Interesting fact, KMFDM live in my neighborhood, no joke!

  20. #20

    Default Re: Front 242

    Quote Originally Posted by Memorial_07 View Post

    And I know who the Thrill Kill Kult is. Pretty good.
    ohhhhh....i would love to the Thrill Kill Kult!! that would amazing. i also saw Front 242 at Lolla in '93 and really enjoyed them. they played in the day time which was weird though. i saw KMFDM at a small club in DC in the early 90s. they were amazing. i hope coachella gets them all!

  21. #21
    Memorial_07
    Guest

    Default Re: Front 242

    Quote Originally Posted by invisiblerobots View Post
    I'll be at this show. Geez, the last time I saw them was in 92 on the Psalm 69 tour. I went by myself and took acid which made things seem even more chaotic. I also saw them earlier that year at Lollapalooza which, coincidentally, was the first time I ever took acid. I doubt that I'll be making a threepeat of this pattern, however.
    Interesting fact, KMFDM live in my neighborhood, no joke!
    Were Front 242 and Ministry good when you saw them?

  22. #22
    old school invisiblerobots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,807

    Default Re: Front 242

    Quote Originally Posted by Memorial_07 View Post
    Were Front 242 and Ministry good when you saw them?
    Front 242 were pretty lousy. They were on early in the day, outdoors in the middle of a race track. Nobody seemed to know who they were so I got pretty close to the front. They had some technical problems which didn't help much. I would have much rather seen them in a small club where I'm sure they would have been more in their element.
    Ministry rocked my face off both times that I saw them. I'm glad I saw them back in the day because I can't say that I've enjoyed much of their recent stuff. Regardless, I'll still show up to see them one last time.

  23. #23
    Coachella Junkie SFChrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    live in Pacifica Work 'n Play in SF
    Posts
    6,102

    Default Re: Front 242

    BRING ON THE FRONT

  24. #24
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,947

    Default Re: Front 242

    Quote Originally Posted by invisiblerobots View Post
    Really? What tour was that?
    Yeah, I don't know. I don't remember Front opening for Depeche.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    4,147

    Default Re: Front 242

    front would be good for a tent

Similar Threads

  1. I Got On The Front Page for Bonnaroo
    By canexplain in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-21-2007, 01:48 PM
  2. Fark front page.
    By itzdank in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-07-2007, 07:56 AM
  3. Up front at the Main Stage
    By Sergio in forum Questions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 01:38 PM
  4. ED BANGER FRONT ROW
    By c_flo in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 10:05 AM
  5. Which artists will you be front row for?
    By MonsoonSeason in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 10:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •