Page 2331 of 2442 FirstFirst ... 23262327232823292330233123322333233423352336 ... LastLast
Results 69,901 to 69,930 of 73240

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

40-date festival tour?!

JANUARY 13, 2014, 10:29 am
    GRAMMY-WINNING DUO PLANS FESTIVAL TOUR TO CELEBRATE 20TH ANNIVERSARY OF THEIR UNIQUE AND INFLUENTIAL SOUND

Ingenious and iconic recording artists and performers, Antwan “Big Boi” Patton and André "3000" Benjamin today announced via Outkast’s social media platforms that their return to the stage celebrating their 20th anniversary will include festival dates around the world. After headlining performances at Coachella in April, the influential group will be the marquee act at over 40 festivals around the world throughout the Spring/Summer of 2014 (dates to be announced).

“It's truly an honor to celebrate 20 years and still be free to do music the way we choose,” said Big Boi. “Don't just think outside the box, know that there is no box. I'm looking forward to rocking the stage with my Bro Ski and to all the fans - stank you smelly much, this is for y'all!”

"And imagine, all we wanted to do was rap! I am thankful to have been a part of a group that allowed me to explore anything that came to mind and have fun doing it. Returning to the stage together is the most exciting way for us to thank everyone for their 20 years of supporting Outkast,” said André 3000.

It is impossible to quantify the creative impact and influence of Grammy-Award winning rap duo, Outkast, or the work of its members, André "3000" Benjamin and Antwan "Big Boi" Patton. Together and individually, these Atlanta natives have set the bar for originality, blasting genre boundaries and combining mediums since their debut album Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik was released in 1994.

The seismic effects of their originality continued to be felt with each subsequent release and, globally, Outkast has sold more than 25 million albums. Their critically lauded, Platinum-Certified sophomore album ATLiens (1996) was one of the rare works of art to be appreciated for being ahead of its time, in its own time. The double-Platinum Aquemini (1998) and quadruple-Platinum Stankonia (2000) received the highest praises from the loftiest critics to the most dedicated of Hip Hop fans. Both albums were ultimately enshrined in Rolling Stone Magazine’s definitive list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time in 2012. The Diamond-certified Speakerboxxx/The Love Below (2003) was not only a massive commercial success, it also earned six Grammys, including Album of the Year, making Outkast the first rap group ever to win the award in that coveted category. In 2006, the duo again pulled off the unexpected with Idlewild, a film that both members starred in and the accompanying soundtrack, which debuted at #1 on Billboard’s Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart.

Big Boi and André 3000 are also frequent collaborators with a multitude of artists. In recent years, Big Boi has released two critically acclaimed solo albums, Luscious Leftfoot: The Son of Chico Dusty (2010) and Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors (2013). André 3000 appeared in Be Cool, Semi-Pro, Four Brothers, and the upcoming Jimi Hendrix biopic, All Is By My Side. Benjamin’s own high-end clothing line, Benjamin Bixby, debuted in 2010, at which time GQ Magazine named him “Best New Designer of the Year.”

In January 2014, to celebrate Outkast’s 20th anniversary, the duo confirmed plans for a headlining festival tour that will begin Friday, April 11 at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, then continue with dates throughout the spring and summer.

http://www.outkast.com/news/outkast-return-stage

7/22 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Prospect Park
    7/23 Witch @ MHOW
    7/24 Teenage Fanclub @ Pier 84
    7/24 Lauren Ritter @ TBA
    7/25 Nick Cave @ Prospect Park
    7/26 Cell Injection/Black Asteroid @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Justin Timberlake
    Aug 12
    Staples Center
    Damn. That's what, his fourth arena / stadium show in LA within twelve months? And that's not including the Palladium show, either.

He did the same thing last album. If the shows are selling out, its a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    He did the same thing last album. If the shows are selling out, its a no brainer.
    Cool story bro
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nightmares On Wax - Amoeba, Basement Jaxx - Rhonda, !!! - Pomona, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

Just saw that William Tyler was added as the opener for the Daniel Rossen show at the Masonic Lodge in March in LA. Pretty bummed, I would definitely have bought tickets if I knew he was on the bill, sadly it was already sold out by the time he was added.
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - Slint - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Thurston Moore, Sebadoh - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - Slowdive - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

FUCKING HELL William Tyler is opening the Daniel Rossen (sold out) shows at the Masonic Lodge.

I'm finding my way into one of these if it kills me.
    7/23 - Fuzz - Troubadour (?)
    7/30 - Shabazz Palaces - Roxy (?)
    7/31 - Hamilton Leithauser - Echo (?)
    8/01 - Ceremony/Nothing - Roxy (?)
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Looks like the Happy Mondays are touring in the spring:

Happy Mondays

03/07 - Orlando, FL @ Plaza Live
    03/08 - Fort Lauderdale, FL @ Culture Room
    03/15 - Los Angeles, CA @ Fonda
    03/19 - Toronto, ON @ Danforth Music Hall

Clearly, there's a typo on those last two dates on AXS/TM's part.

Edit: AXS was wrong. 03/15 - Los Angeles, CA @ Fonda
    Last edited by dorkfish; 01-13-2014 at 04:11 PM.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Cool story bro
    Thats so clever.

So is an avatar referencing Aqua Teen Hunger Force and early 2000s ipod commercials.

Damn I would love to see the Happy Mondays.probably my biggest miss for Coachella 2007
    Translation

Rufus Wainwright @ Stern Grove 07/27/14
    Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Damn I would love to see the Happy Mondays.
    They were horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

I've seen Happy Mondays when they're on and performing well. They've got some great songs. But I've also seen them when they're off. And when they're off, it's a fukin train wreck. Tempted to see the Fonda date but wouldn't mind a review or two first from those FL shows.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

might have to go to that Timberlake Staples show if i don't make Lolla, still haven't caught him on this tour

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Even Happy Mondays fans have no right to expect them to be anything short of a train wreck.

I'm not sure why they would try to tour the US.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    Just saw that William Tyler was added as the opener for the Daniel Rossen show at the Masonic Lodge in March in LA. Pretty bummed, I would definitely have bought tickets if I knew he was on the bill, sadly it was already sold out by the time he was added.
    He's opening for Califone here in a tiny tiny venue. Might have to hit that up (and dig into Califone's back catalog proper).
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    He's opening for Califone here in a tiny tiny venue. Might have to hit that up (and dig into Califone's back catalog proper).
    I've heard good things about Califone's recent shows. They're playing here as well.
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - Slint - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Thurston Moore, Sebadoh - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - Slowdive - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

For some reason, I thought either Kraftwerk or Portishead would headline Pitchfork this year. I guess we can cross off Kraftwerk for now...nice little gap btw Montreal and Moogfest Come back to NYC! 2nights @ Radio City

Kraftwerk 2014 Tour Dates
    01/21 – Stockholm, SE @ Cirkus
    01/22 – Stockholm, SE @ Cirkus
    01/23 – Stockholm, SE @ Cirkus (early show)
    01/23 – Stockholm, SE @ Cirkus (late show)
    03/13 – Mexico City, MX @ El Plaza Condesa
    03/14 – Mexico City, MX @ El Plaza Condesa
    03/15 – Mexico City, MX @ El Plaza Condesa
    03/18 – Los Angeles, CA @ Walt Disney Concert Hall (early show) [Performing Autobahn]
    03/18 – Los Angeles, CA @ Walt Disney Concert Hall (late show) [Performing Radio-Activity]
    03/19 – Los Angeles, CA @ Walt Disney Concert Hall (early show) [Performing Trans Europe Express]
    03/19 – Los Angeles, CA @ Walt Disney Concert Hall (late show) [Performing The Man-Machine]
    03/20 – Los Angeles, CA @ Walt Disney Concert Hall (early show) [Performing Computer World]
    03/20 – Los Angeles, CA @ Walt Disney Concert Hall (late show) [Performing Techno Pop]
    03/21 – Los Angeles, CA @ Walt Disney Concert Hall (early show) [Performing The Mix]
    03/21 – Los Angeles, CA @ Walt Disney Concert Hall (late show) [Performing Tour de France]
    03/23 – Oakland, CA @ Fox Theater
    03/24 – Oakland, CA @ Fox Theater
    03/25 – Oakland, CA @ Fox Theater
    03/27 – Chicago, IL @ Riviera Theatre
    03/29 – Toronto, ON @ Sony Centre
    03/30 – Montreal, QC @ Metropolis

04/24-25 – Asheville, NC @ Moogfest
    Last edited by Spooks; 01-13-2014 at 02:06 PM.

7/22 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Prospect Park
    7/23 Witch @ MHOW
    7/24 Teenage Fanclub @ Pier 84
    7/24 Lauren Ritter @ TBA
    7/25 Nick Cave @ Prospect Park
    7/26 Cell Injection/Black Asteroid @ Output

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    I've heard good things about Califone's recent shows. They're playing here as well.
    I think the LA date already happened.

^ I don't know if they have it in them but that gap from Mexico to LA just screams for a SXSW date. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by nosurprises12 View Post
    I think the LA date already happened.
    Indeed, it did.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Do. They have some really good work. Quicksand / Cradlesnakes and Roots & Crowns are excellent and they're fun live.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    This might sound stupid but is the Death playing here the heavy metal band or the Detroit punk band?

7/10 Cloud Nothings W/ Metz @ Constellation Room
    7/11 Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds @ The Shrine Auditorium
    7/19 X (Acoustic) @ Pappy & Harriet's
    8/23-8/24 FYF Fest
    9/11 Swans @ The Roxy

The death metal band goes by Death After All or something like that now.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Mac Demarco
    The Echo
    Jan 29th

Red Bull Sound Select show, so you gotta rsvp to get the discounted entry. Lines still gonna be down the block regardless.

http://www.redbullsoundselect.com/ev...ts-los-angeles

When are the North American dates for the The Knife supposed to be released?

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    in 5 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    The death metal band goes by Death After All or something like that now.
    Okay that's weird because I was looking on some event info page (I can't find it now) and it said it was the heavy metal band. And on Last.FM the artist linked is the metal. Though that doesn't mean much. I don't know??

7/10 Cloud Nothings W/ Metz @ Constellation Room
    7/11 Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds @ The Shrine Auditorium
    7/19 X (Acoustic) @ Pappy & Harriet's
    8/23-8/24 FYF Fest
    9/11 Swans @ The Roxy

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    When they say so? read their post again, and youll see how to figure it out.

I was hoping for some insider info not a reinterpretation of an obvious post.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    Even Happy Mondays fans have no right to expect them to be anything short of a train wreck.

I'm not sure why they would try to tour the US.
    Even more odd is the two dates in Florida.
    Translation

Rufus Wainwright @ Stern Grove 07/27/14
    Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm