Page 2303 of 2508 FirstFirst ... 22982299230023012302230323042305230623072308 ... LastLast
Results 69,061 to 69,090 of 75221

Thread: Upcoming Shows

  1. #69061
    ASS FACE ThomThom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    9,600

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

  2. #69062
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    10,122

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    those bands totally belong in the same murder spree.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  3. #69063
    old school ocbruin84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,822

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Black Sabbath at the Bowl is tempting considering I missed the first two songs in Irvine. Maybe Arcade Fire will let me use their presale code for this instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

  4. #69064
    old school Spooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,429

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    What about Paramore! I think they played the Garden last night with Metric haha. Which Kanye show are you going to?! Next week!!!

    By the way, this video is amazing...



    Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    2 shows in August of 2014?! Like the Pavement shows that went on sale ridiculously far in advance, you'll be able to get these tickets for five bucks day of the show. Only the clueless will be fighting online for tickets on Nov 22.

    12/22 Afrika Bambaataa vs Arthur Baker @ W New York
    12/27 Dubfire @ Output
    12/28 Television @ Irving Plaza
    12/28 Boys Noize @ Output


    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

  5. #69065

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    who has a show co on sale 10 months prior?? are they even amphitheater worthy?? I think not

  6. #69066
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    5,306

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    No Chicago date = Pitchfork? I don't think he would play Lolla...

    Nick Cave - 2014 North American Tour Cities (mid June to early August)
    Louisville, KY
    Kansas City, MO
    Milwaukee, WI
    Minneapolis, MN
    Denver, CO
    Calgary, AB
    Edmonton, AB
    Vancouver, BC
    Seattle, WA
    Portland, OR
    San Francisco, CA
    Los Angeles, CA
    Austin, TX
    New Orleans, LA
    Washington, DC
    Philadelphia, PA
    New York, NY (or maybe Brooklyn?)
    Detroit, MI
    Toronto, ON
    Nick Cave is coming back around this summer? fuck yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

    September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

  7. #69067

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    More shows @ Rough Trade NYC!

    12/5/2013 Tourist
    12/6/2013 Andrew Bird (Performing with Andrew will be special guest Tift Merritt)
    12/21/2013 Avan Lava
    2/14.2014 together PANGEA/Mozes and The Firstborn
    together PANGEA is so fucking awesome. Highly recommend their show at The Echo on 11/30 if you are into LA garage rock/that kinda thing.

  8. #69068
    old school Spooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,429

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by fudgumslover View Post
    together PANGEA is so fucking awesome. Highly recommend their show at The Echo on 11/30 if you are into LA garage rock/that kinda thing.
    I'll check them out thanks! Oh shit....March 2014!!!

    Watch this video
    https://www.facebook.com/LiarsOfficial

    12/22 Afrika Bambaataa vs Arthur Baker @ W New York
    12/27 Dubfire @ Output
    12/28 Television @ Irving Plaza
    12/28 Boys Noize @ Output


    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

  9. #69069
    Member davidsaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    84

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    If anyone is interested, a handful of Beck tickets have been released for his Song Reader show at the Disney Concert Hall

    http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0B004B4CFCB4A45F

    coachella 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (w2), 2013 (w1)

  10. #69070
    Member taylorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    77

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    I agree. Did you try for tickets too? I just think it's ridiculous that they're playing at a 1000 capacity venue when the last time they played in LA they sold out two back to back shows at the Palladium.

  11. #69071

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm really?
    you are soooooooo good lookin

  12. #69072
    Member FEELS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA
    Posts
    2,201

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    No Chicago date = Pitchfork? I don't think he would play Lolla...

    Nick Cave - 2014 North American Tour Cities (mid June to early August)
    Louisville, KY
    Kansas City, MO
    Milwaukee, WI
    Minneapolis, MN
    Denver, CO
    Calgary, AB
    Edmonton, AB
    Vancouver, BC
    Seattle, WA
    Portland, OR
    San Francisco, CA
    Los Angeles, CA
    Austin, TX
    New Orleans, LA
    Washington, DC
    Philadelphia, PA
    New York, NY (or maybe Brooklyn?)
    Detroit, MI
    Toronto, ON
    Fuck yessss. So where do you guys think the LA show will be? That shit will sell out in seconds.

    1/29 Patti Smith @ Theatre At The Ace Hotel
    2/12 Babes In Toyland @ The Roxy
    5/1 Sleater-Kinney @ The Palladium

  13. #69073
    Coachella Junkie Sushov23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,016

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    it will be at the roxy and it will also be a gv venue soon enough
    It's happening after Caspian isn't it? One of the bands playing made a remark about having to "finish" on time or some shit.

  14. #69074
    old school sonnyboy11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,063

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Nick Cave is coming back around this summer? fuck yes.
    Best news of the day! The Coachella set was good, but unsatisfying.

    Pretty stoked I'll get to see Sabbath at the HB too. All good stuff. (thanks spooks)
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

  15. #69075
    old school sonnyboy11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,063

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    The Hollywood Bowl again gets my vote. Last time around there, Spiritualized and Cat Power also played on the bill. A similar replay would be sublime.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

  16. #69076
    old school ocbruin84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,822

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by taylorf View Post
    I agree. Did you try for tickets too? I just think it's ridiculous that they're playing at a 1000 capacity venue when the last time they played in LA they sold out two back to back shows at the Palladium.
    I don't think ThomThom is a fan of those groups, or their fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

  17. #69077
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    5,306

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Bill Callahan is playing at Soho in SB tomorrow night. thinking of checking it out...
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

    September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

  18. #69078
    Member Eddie S.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ventura County
    Posts
    377

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    I really wanted to see Bill Callahan at Soho but I'm headed to Vegas tomorrow morning.

    12/26 Mystic Braves - Soho SB
    12/30 together Pangea - Echo
    1/4 Whirr - Echo
    2/28 Caribou - Fonda Theatre
    5/31 Neutral Milk Hotel - Ventura Theater

  19. #69079
    Loveable Curmudgeon TallGuyCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Doc Sportello's hood
    Posts
    20,091

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    Sigged. Tempted to co-sig along with what's her name's asinine response.
    12/22 - Beachwood Sparks, et al - Echoplex
    12/30 - Together Pangea - Echo
    1/10 - Flesh Eaters - Echoplex (?)
    1/20 - Guster - HOB Anaheim (?)
    1/29 - Patti Smith - Ace (?)


    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

    Twitter, if you dare

  20. #69080
    Member iantmcfarland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    557

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    The Hollywood Bowl again gets my vote. Last time around there, Spiritualized and Cat Power also played on the bill. A similar replay would be sublime.
    That'd be my guess as well, though I'd love to see them at the Orpheum.

  21. #69081
    old school choice cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern ca
    Posts
    3,476

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    What exactly do you guys have so against Brand New? Isn't there anything better to do in your day than to discuss executions of bands you don't like? Haha such low behavior. Two weeks ago it was complaining about Blink-182..

    It is ok for people to ignore things they don't like rather than clog the thread with their whining. I recall in the Blink-182 discussion people thought it was dumb that 35 year olds were still playing songs about high school.. but they have brought happiness and made differences in peoples lives, and the majority of people posting in this thread probably are posting from a work computer at a cubicle job or on an internet connection paid for by their parents. So Brand New and Blink-182 and CHVRCHES all get the last laugh.

  22. #69082
    Member taylorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    77

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    I don't think ThomThom is a fan of those groups, or their fans.
    Well that flew over my head.. Anyway I don't really care if you make fun of me or anything for liking Brand New haha you're not the first ones and won't be the last.

  23. #69083
    Coachella Junkie Ardentbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,801

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    I think you can only win tickets to this..

    1456516_625759264128953_881010079_n.jpg

  24. #69084
    Member iantmcfarland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    557

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    Any more info available on this yet?

  25. #69085
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,900

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    I think you can only win tickets to this..


    It's on a rooftop to make suicidal escape easier, right?
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

  26. #69086
    old school Spooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,429

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    They actually played my two favorite songs!

    1. Feeling This
    2. Obvious
    3. I Miss You
    4. Violence
    5. Stockholm Syndrome
    6. Down
    7. The Fallen Interlude
    8. Go
    9. Asthenia
    (Tom had the crowd sing an … more)
    10. Always
    11. Easy Target
    12. All of This
    13. Here’s Your Letter
    14. I’m Lost Without You

    15. Not Now
    16. M+M’s
    17. Mutt
    18. Dick Lips
    19. Apple Shampoo
    (First time live since 2002)

    20. Dysentery Gary
    21. Going Away to College
    22. Natives
    23. Dammit (feat. LL Cool J)
    24. Family Reunion

    12/22 Afrika Bambaataa vs Arthur Baker @ W New York
    12/27 Dubfire @ Output
    12/28 Television @ Irving Plaza
    12/28 Boys Noize @ Output


    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

  27. #69087
    old school ocbruin84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,822

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    What exactly do you guys have so against Brand New? Isn't there anything better to do in your day than to discuss executions of bands you don't like? Haha such low behavior. Two weeks ago it was complaining about Blink-182..

    It is ok for people to ignore things they don't like rather than clog the thread with their whining. I recall in the Blink-182 discussion people thought it was dumb that 35 year olds were still playing songs about high school.. but they have brought happiness and made differences in peoples lives, and the majority of people posting in this thread probably are posting from a work computer at a cubicle job or on an internet connection paid for by their parents. So Brand New and Blink-182 and CHVRCHES all get the last laugh.
    I think it has a lot to do with the amount of press they receive(d) in Alternative Press and absolutepunk.net.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

  28. #69088

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Feat LL Cool J what was that like?
    you are soooooooo good lookin

  29. #69089
    ASS FACE ThomThom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    9,600

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by choice cat View Post
    What exactly do you guys have so against Brand New? Isn't there anything better to do in your day than to discuss executions of bands you don't like? Haha such low behavior. Two weeks ago it was complaining about Blink-182..

    It is ok for people to ignore things they don't like rather than clog the thread with their whining. I recall in the Blink-182 discussion people thought it was dumb that 35 year olds were still playing songs about high school.. but they have brought happiness and made differences in peoples lives, and the majority of people posting in this thread probably are posting from a work computer at a cubicle job or on an internet connection paid for by their parents. So Brand New and Blink-182 and CHVRCHES all get the last laugh.
    I wasn't whining you fucking twatmuffin... I just want them dead, all of them. On a side note, I'm posting from my office that has a nice view of a park and my assistant's ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

  30. #69090
    old school ocbruin84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,822

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by gillster17 View Post
    Feat LL Cool J what was that like?
    probably shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •