Page 2287 of 2497 FirstFirst ... 22822283228422852286228722882289229022912292 ... LastLast
Results 68,581 to 68,610 of 74901

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

Crap crap crap.
    This whole time I thought it was tonight. Just reread my email: it's NEXT THURSDAY.
    I was all ready to drive out there.... thanks, Jorge!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    Disclosure tonight!
    How were they? Loved them at Coachella, but I was so exhausted/wind torn by Sunday night that it was hard to get really into it.

the show is so much fun.

anyone have an extra for tonight? please pm if you do. looking for a friend

Anyone else going to little dragon tonight?
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    have fun at BRMC!
    They were great, as always. Not the best I have seen them this tour. But really good. My first time at Glass House. Decent venue. Shitty upstairs and poor bar. But sound and main floor good.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Disclosure killed it tonight. The best show I have seen from them yet. Good crowd and great vibes all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin170 View Post
    Disclosure killed it tonight. The best show I have seen from them yet. Good crowd and great vibes all around.
    What time did they go on?
    12/04 - Angel Olson - El Rey (?)
    12/06 - Dr. John - Royce Hall (?)
    12/14 - Cat Stevens - Nokia
    12/20 - Stevie Wonder - Forum (?)
    1/10 - Flesh Eaters - Echoplex (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Atoms for Peace on wednesday were so great. At times I really liked how much different the songs sounded live, except on one occasion for default I was thinking in my mind the main synth would be explosive, and it was very bland. It may have just been the sound guy having it too low in the mix at this show though, I don't know. I love the chemistry between Flea and Thom Yorke, and of course the rest of the band too, but the both of them are such natural and energetic performers its incredible. It is so cool seeing them share the stage, kind of like seeing Kobe Bryant and Derek Jeter collabing on something together cause you never thought you would see it happen but %120 awesome none the less.

Now for upcoming shows, I succumbed to buying a $100 Disclosure ticket on my way to A4P from a craigslister, but the friend I'm going with still needs a ticket so if any of you guys wanna help a brotha out and sell me a Floor for a fair price I would appreciate it (and buy you 2 drinks inside), or lets see if we can accomplish some sort of trade??

I have 1 GA Animal Collective @ Wiltern, and 2 for Flaming Lips / Tame Impala @ Greek in North Terrace row E. AC = $32, FL & Tame = $125 , so if you guys could give me a best offer $ or conjure up some kind of trade involving these shows PM me and lets make a deal!

I am looking to Acquire 1 James Blake @ Hollywood Forever, 1 Disclosure @ Fonda.

Thanks guys !

Jesus. I like Disclosure, but who in their right mind pays $100 for that?!

Well, I only got 1 at that price and my friend agreed to split the difference with me so I'm hoping to find another one for face or reasonable and split the difference. Who in their right mind pays $800 for Coachella in 2011. I'm not sure. Who in their right mind buys a Mercedes when they can get from Point A to B just as well with a Kia. Who in their right mind buys a 60 inch ultra HD 3d blah blah tv when they can watch the same game on a 27 inch.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    What time did they go on?
    They were scheduled for 10:45... went on more like 10:55.

Great show. Definitely an improvement over last Halloween's show at the El Rey (Which was still a ton of fun). My only complaint was a lack of "Defeated No More" and "Control" in the setlist.. Could easily have swapped out Grab Her for one of those, imo. T.Williams also played a solid set (he played from 9 til about 10:40)

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    They were scheduled for 10:45... went on more like 10:55.

Great show. Definitely an improvement over last Halloween's show at the El Rey (Which was still a ton of fun). My only complaint was a lack of "Defeated No More" and "Control" in the setlist.. Could easily have swapped out Grab Her for one of those, imo. T.Williams also played a solid set (he played from 9 til about 10:40)
    Yeah fuck Grab her. Lame song.

Tell me Sam Smith came out for Latch...or any special guest Vocalists?
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Yeah fuck Grab her. Lame song.

Tell me Sam Smith came out for Latch...or any special guest Vocalists?
    \

no guest vocalists... all vocals pre-recorded (save for F For You, since the vocals are sung by one of the Lawrence brothers on that one)

I am going to go ahead and blame this on their time slot at Treasure Island. Figured they would at least have someone cruising with them for these dates and that festival date. Disclosure gooing on at 4:30 pm though? Sam probably said "fuck it mates, you do it alone."
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Alright spiggy, one more question. Did they omit "Tenderly" from their setlist, or was it still in there?

Alright spiggy, one more question. Did they omit "Tenderly" from their setlist, or was it still in there?
    No Tenderly, no.

Overall... the setlist was certainly lacking a few things... while including two of my least favorite tunes of theirs, Stimulation and Grab Her (they're not BAD tunes, they're just not all that special, in my opinion)...

But there were a lot of things I was pleased to hear... Setlist isn't on setlist.fm, but it's pretty close to the one from Seattle last week: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/disclo...a-bc725d2.html -- only major change I can think of was the inclusion of Running (which is never a bad thing... but then I love Miss Ware... which feeds in to why Confess to Me is probably my favorite song on Settle, which I was super happy to hear last night as well)

Fair enough. thanks for the heads up man. Well as long as Flow is in there...and whats in your head...I'm good

Disclosure went on around 11 and played until about 1230. I would totally go again, but going to get my Sleigh Bells on tonight.

Japandroids were absolutely fantastic last night. I know I am probably biased... but this show was FAR better than their Coachella set. Last night was the kick-off of the final leg of their Celebration Rock tour and they said they will be taking a break and writing new songs and recording an album over the next year or two. They are also going to be retiring most of the songs off of Post-Nothing, as a result, they will be playing both Post-Nothing and Celebration Rock in their entirety through out this tour. Anyways, the show was a blast, the band sounded great, the crowd was mental and it was a great night. Go see Japandroids before they disappear for a couple of years, dammit!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I am going to go ahead and blame this on their time slot at Treasure Island. Figured they would at least have someone cruising with them for these dates and that festival date. Disclosure gooing on at 4:30 pm though? Sam probably said "fuck it mates, you do it alone."
    That's not how it works.
    12/04 - Angel Olson - El Rey (?)
    12/06 - Dr. John - Royce Hall (?)
    12/14 - Cat Stevens - Nokia
    12/20 - Stevie Wonder - Forum (?)
    1/10 - Flesh Eaters - Echoplex (?)

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

in for darkside and i have to say i am really fucking excited for the show

Any ideas when Disclosure might go on at Sound tonight?

I'm also curious about James Holden's opening set for Atom's for Peace, since Holden was doing the live show for his album rather than the usual DJ set.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

he was spectacular in chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    Jesus. I like Disclosure, but who in their right mind pays $100 for that?!
    Their DJ set is even going for $100 right now! Some would say they the hottest thing in dance music.
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

Quote Originally Posted by nuNRG View Post
    Any ideas when Disclosure might go on at Sound tonight?

I'm also curious about James Holden's opening set for Atom's for Peace, since Holden was doing the live show for his album rather than the usual DJ set.
    Just based on the Fonda set times I would have to say 130-3?

Was disappointed w/ Holden's set. Although I've never seen him dj I'm sure his DJ sets are better than him live w/ the drummer.
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

Quote Originally Posted by moviebruin View Post
    Their DJ set is even going for $100 right now! Some would say they the hottest thing in dance music.
    They might be going for $100, but i doubt anyones biting

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    That's not how it works.
    I know. I'm just butt hurt

I know. I'm just butt hurt
    I'll trade you board titles if you really want to be butt hurt.
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Quote Originally Posted by TheRotten42 View Post
    I'll trade you board titles if you really want to be butt hurt.
    Hah. yeah, sure give it to me. I got jipped. I should be a junkie...but who gives a fuck, amirite?