Page 2286 of 2469 FirstFirst ... 22812282228322842285228622872288228922902291 ... LastLast
Results 68,551 to 68,580 of 74056

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    I have to say I had one of the best burgers at Blue Dog Beer Tavern last night. Chi-chi burger?
    Their "B.L.T. off the 405" was delicious, I really need to go there more often on the way to concerts.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Has it been known that Telekinesis is opening for the Dismemberment Plan at the Fonda? I'm not sure about the whole tour, but now I am even more excited for this show(although I still need to buy my ticket).

With those dates, Godflesh should be playing Coachella
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I would be pissed if that happened
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by RoughSteez View Post
    What time do headliners usually go on at the Hollywood Forever during the week? Trying to find out what time I need to be there for James Blake next Wednesday, the gates open at 6pm but I imagine he wouldn't go on until 7 or 7:30. Does that sound right?
    Anybody have an answer for this? I'd also like to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Quote Originally Posted by RoughSteez View Post
    What time do headliners usually go on at the Hollywood Forever during the week? Trying to find out what time I need to be there for James Blake next Wednesday, the gates open at 6pm but I imagine he wouldn't go on until 7 or 7:30. Does that sound right?
    Warpaint is opening, so later.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Wow. After only catching 45 mins of their set on Monday, this would be worth the trip

Maybe there will be a couple more "Pet Sounds" show

Brian Wilson Pulls Off a Surprise 'Pet Sounds' Show In New York
    Alongside Jeff Beck, Wilson proved he can get along just fine without Mike Love

He might do all of Pet Sounds this Sunday at The Greek? Is that right? God damn it. Not having much luck searching for decent tickets this late in the game.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

How was Disclosure last night?!?!?!
    9/18- CHVRCHES, Fox Theater
    9/20 & 21- Beyond Wonderland
    9/22 & 23- Katy Perry, SAP Center
    10/2- Savoy, Indy
    10/3-10/5- TBD Festival
    10/10- Snoop Dogg, Shoreline
    10/18-10/19- Treasure Island Festival
    10/14- Kill the Noise, Catalyst
    10/24- Little Dragon, Fox Theater
    11/1 & 11/2- Day of the Dead Festival
    11/6- Bassnectar, Montbleu
    11/7- Bassnectar, Memorial Auditorium
    11/9- Hardwell, Bill Graham
    11/10- Foster The People, Menorial Auditorium
    11/25- London Grammar, Fox Theater

God Melinda Wilson is such a nut job.

I saw Brian Wilson do Pet Sounds with Al Jardine. Look at this fuckin' setlist:

1. Surfer Girl
      (The Beach Boys song)
    2. Drive-In
      (The Beach Boys song)
    3. Please Let Me Wonder
      (The Beach Boys song)
    4. Add Some Music to Your Day
      (The Beach Boys song)
    5. You're Welcome
      (The Beach Boys song)
    6. Then I Kissed Her
      (The Crystals cover) (Al Jardine on Lead Vocal)
    7. Breakaway
      (The Beach Boys song)
    8. Dance, Dance, Dance
      (The Beach Boys song)
    9. Do It Again
      (The Beach Boys song)
    10. In My Room
      (The Beach Boys song)
    11. California Saga: California
      (The Beach Boys song) (Al Jardine on Lead Vocal)
    12. Do You Wanna Dance?
      (Bobby Freeman cover)
    13. Come Go with Me
      (The Del-Vikings cover) (Al Jardine on Lead Vocal)
    14. When I Grow Up (to Be a Man)
      (The Beach Boys song)
    15. I Get Around
      (The Beach Boys song)
    16. California Girls
      (The Beach Boys song)
    17. Sail On, Sailor
      (The Beach Boys song)
    18. Marcella
      (The Beach Boys song)
    19. Good Vibrations
      (The Beach Boys song)
    20. Wouldn't It Be Nice
      (The Beach Boys song)
    21. You Still Believe in Me
      (The Beach Boys song)
    22. That's Not Me
      (The Beach Boys song)
    23. Don't Talk (Put Your Head on My Shoulder)
      (The Beach Boys song)
    24. I'm Waiting for the Day
      (The Beach Boys song)
    25. Let's Go Away for Awhile
      (The Beach Boys song)
    26. Sloop John B
      (The Beach Boys song)
    27. God Only Knows
      (The Beach Boys song)
    28. I Know There's an Answer
      (The Beach Boys song)
    29. Here Today
      (The Beach Boys song)
    30. I Just Wasn't Made for These Times
      (The Beach Boys song)
    31. Pet Sounds
      (The Beach Boys song)
    32. Caroline, No
      (The Beach Boys song)
    33. Encore:
    34. Johnny B. Goode
      (Chuck Berry cover)
    35. Help Me, Rhonda
      (The Beach Boys song) (Al Jardine on Lead Vocal)
    36. Barbara Ann
      (The Regents cover)
    37. Surfin' U.S.A.
      (The Beach Boys song)
    38. Fun, Fun, Fun
      (The Beach Boys song)
    39. Encore 2:
    40. Love and Mercy
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Holy mother of god Neutral Milk Hotel was otherworldy tonight. A pitch perfect show, and Scott is truly the master of horns. First time i've ever seen a bowed banjo before. I expected a still crowd, but oh how I was wrong. The crowd got so into it that at parts it was almost to the point of moshing. But not in a bad way, it was just the most enthusiastic crowd i've ever seen, with people jumping (not on the slow songs) and singing along to every single word. Like others noted they really seemed happy to be up there; there were lots of smiles both on the stage and in the audience. Try to see them as soon as you can--next year at Coachella will not be the same as up close at a small venue.

Got a setlist too!

Last edited by ameeps; 10-17-2013 at 12:19 AM.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    4 - Arcade Fire - Santa Barbara Bowl
    8-10 - Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park
    14 - Death From Above 1979 - Troubadour
    20 - The Strokes - Chelsea at Cosmopolitan

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    I was surprised how empty the Glasshouse was for Primal Scream. It was my first time to Glasshouse. Is it always like that?
    Maybe PS oversaturated with all the area shows (LA, SD, and even having performed in Santa Monica that morning for a radio gig) or maybe they are just not very popular here, GPS. But did you see the blue buttons on Bobbie’s shirt? They appeared to be glowing.

Had a really good time starting at the bar next door sucking down $5 gins and the dj laptop girl playing “all the hits” (i.e. brit songs fifty people in America know the lyrics to), then getting up close second row rail for the band. Audience was pretty passionate, so we were rewarded with a few extras in the set and a compliment from Bobbie at the end. Fun night.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    Holy mother of god Neutral Milk Hotel was otherworldy tonight. A pitch perfect show, and Scott is truly the master of horns. First time i've ever seen a bowed banjo before. I expected a still crowd, but oh how I was wrong. The crowd got so into it that at parts it was almost to the point of moshing. But not in a bad way, it was just the most enthusiastic crowd i've ever seen, with people jumping (not on the slow songs) and singing along to every single word. Like others noted they really seemed happy to be up there; there were lots of smiles both on the stage and in the audience. Try to see them as soon as you can--next year at Coachella will not be the same as up close at a small venue.
    Dude, I think I saw you on my way out of the show. I saw someone holding a setlist and was trying to catch a glimpse at it.

I enjoyed the show, thought the band sounded really good. I sat up in the balcony.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Paging Zack

Some Pere Ubu West Coast dates are starting to show up... LA, SD, Portland, Vancouver.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    Paging Zack

Some Pere Ubu West Coast dates are starting to show up... LA, SD, Portland, Vancouver.
    THE ECHO?!?????
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)
    10/01 - King Crimson - Orpheum
    10/10 - Thurston Moore/Sebadoh - Echoplex (?)
    10/11 - BADBADNOTGOOD - Echoplex (?)

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Yeah, awfully small venue for them it seems. They're great live btw, saw em at Hopscotch and it was a blast.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Wow, and there actually is already something scheduled at the Echoplex, so they won't be moving it down downstairs.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Got a setlist too!
    I love everything about this post

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

anyone have the password for the tame impala presale at the belasco?

Got a setlist too!
    You may not have noticed, but I'm curious so I'll ask. When the banjo was bowed, did he only strike the fifth and first string (the two outer strings) or did he have a raised bridge and hit the inner strings as well?

I saw a guy bow a banjo this fall, and since been practicing doing it myself. It makes some cool noise which can be more or less ugly depending on... something.

Quote Originally Posted by brownbuffalo View Post
    anyone have the password for the tame impala presale at the belasco?
    Try 'goblin' which is Live Nation's presale code for October.

8/14 paul mccartney @ candlestick park | 8/20 future islands @ grammy museum | 8/21 blood orange @ the ace | 8/23-8/24 fyf | 8/30 sleep @ pappy & harriett's | 9/6 lit city rave @ los globos | 9/17 diana ross @ long beach terrace | 9/18 l-vis 1990 & traxman @ los globos | 9/19 samhain @ wiltern | 9/22 - drake & lil wayne @ hollywood bowl | 9/25 arca + total freedom @ first unitarian church | 9/26 wu-tang clan @ the forum coachella 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (w2), 2013 (w1)

Quote Originally Posted by davidsaid View Post
    Try 'goblin' which is Live Nation's presale code for October.
    that worked, thank you so much!

Crapsticks. I just got Diplo + Chromeo tickets for the No Curfew show at Club Nokia down in LA, only issue is Im going to Portugal. The Man at the Ventura Theater up in Ventura the same night. No double penetration will be done that night.
    Last edited by TheRotten42; 10-17-2013 at 12:30 PM.
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Try to see them as soon as you can--next year at Coachella will not be the same as up close at a small venue.
    Yeah, there were so many fucking talkers at Mangum's set in 2012. Anyway, was there a show poster?
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    Yeah, there were so many fucking talkers at Mangum's set in 2012. Anyway, was there a show poster?
    There were general posters but they were not specific to the tour or show. They just had some NMH related designs on them.

Quote Originally Posted by zircona1 View Post
    Dude, I think I saw you on my way out of the show. I saw someone holding a setlist and was trying to catch a glimpse at it.

I enjoyed the show, thought the band sounded really good. I sat up in the balcony.
    Woah no way. Let me know next time you're out in St. Louis for a show--I don't think i'll be able to make it out to the Blue Note for very many shows. Considering Arctic Monkeys but it's unlikely because it's during finals.

You may not have noticed, but I'm curious so I'll ask. When the banjo was bowed, did he only strike the fifth and first string (the two outer strings) or did he have a raised bridge and hit the inner strings as well?

I saw a guy bow a banjo this fall, and since been practicing doing it myself. It makes some cool noise which can be more or less ugly depending on... something.
    I just googled raised bridge and i'm pretty sure he had something that looked like that.

August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum

I just googled raised bridge and i'm pretty sure he had something that looked like that.
    Cool. I'd probably want to be close for this show just to geek out on that, then.

Cool. I'd probably want to be close for this show just to geek out on that, then.
    Idk though, I guess I could be wrong. Here's a youtube video of Julian playing bowed banjo and I don't see a bridge. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JCHb_LQF7s

August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum

Hitting up Glass House for the first time tonight!

CHRIS FORSYTH + DANIEL BACHMAN WEST COAST TOUR

(two super talented guitarists, highly recommended)

11/29 - SEATTLE @ Gallery 1412
    11/30 - PORTLAND @ Little Axe Records
    12/1 - EUGENE @ @ Planktown
    12/2 - ARCATA @ Missing Link Records
    12/3 - DAVIS @ tba
    12/4 - OAKLAND @ Nightlight w/ Common Eider, King Eider
    12/5 - SAN FRANCISCO @ Hemlock Tavern w/ Michael Beach
    12/6 - LOS ANGELES @ tba
    12/7 - SAN DIEGO @ Craftlab Gallery w/ Octagrape

Quote Originally Posted by birdiearch View Post
    Hitting up Glass House for the first time tonight!
    have fun at BRMC!
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    9/22 Interpol@Fox Pomona - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex - 10/16 Massive Attack@Greek - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Superhumanoids@Palladium - 10/27 Tycho@Glass House - 10/31 Yelle@Fonda