Page 2284 of 2457 FirstFirst ... 22792280228122822283228422852286228722882289 ... LastLast
Results 68,491 to 68,520 of 73684

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

saw the '09 show at Nokia with BJM, but can't remember what they played as was pretty drunk. Do know Anderson Cooper gave me massive googly eyes outside the venue, which was nice. And, instead of using the bathroom facilities, pissed behind the upstairs curtain on seats a couple times like an ahole because it was more convenient.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

WOW! Primal Scream and BJM that sounds like a great double bill.

also I hate to even mention double dipping but

a great double bill> double dipping
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Lehorne, that setlist up there is from the Primal Scream/BJM show.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Yeah but what if you can double dip two great double bills back to back!?!?!
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Arcwelder/Shellac -> Here We Go Magic/Grizzly Bear.

Bitchez.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

There has to be a better name for that.
    Translation

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    not to be Mr. Spoiler wrapped in underwear, but looks like LA got Higher than the Sun.
    This was definitely the highlight of the show last night. I know I'm gonna get tomatoes thrown at me for this but...I've always found Primal Scream's music to be fun and enjoyable, but really unmemorable. I thought maybe seeing them live might change that, but unfortunately I felt exactly the same about the show last night.
    8/21 - The Zombies - Santa Monica Pier
    8/22 - Slint - El Rey (?)
    8/23-24 - FYF Fest - Exposition Park
    8/28 - Ty Segall - Echo
    8/31 - Sleep - Troubadour (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    This was definitely the highlight of the show last night. I know I'm gonna get tomatoes thrown at me for this but...I've always found Primal Scream's music to be fun and enjoyable, but really unmemorable. I thought maybe seeing them live might change that, but unfortunately I felt exactly the same about the show last night.
    This was my sentiments exactly. IT was one of the reasons I do want to see Primal Scream, to get some other dimension to their sound live hopefully, but I am glad you said this, I dont think I will pursue to see them in the future, even though I do like that track, Higher Than the Sun =P
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

yeah, the night was soundtracked with all this dirty, obscure garage music pre-show and at intermission. BJM's tambourinist fella poncing it up for the crowd. They looked so cool.

Looking forward to tonight as, as stated, pretty sloshed for the Scream last time. Just plan to get stoned and take it easier on the booze. Hopefully. Or hopefully not (*wink*).
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Tame Impala/White Denim @ Belasco 10/30

Hanni El Khatib this Thursday @ Glass
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by birdiearch View Post
    meh
    cereal. thanks though
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

Anyone been to this donut shop opened by Mark Trombino of Drive Like Jehu??? I might have to stop by this week! The Gorilla Biscuit looks amazing

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoasts...uts.php?page=2

8/19 Run the Jewels @ Sir Stage 37
    8/21 The Clean @ Rough Trade
    8/21 J Rocc/GE-OLOGY @ Panther Room
    8/23 Bad Brains/Trash Talk @ Afropunk
    8/23 Kevin Saunderson @ TBA
    8/24 D'Angelo @ Afropunk

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Cereal would be amazing right now.

Not that I like post-house Kaskade, but it is great to see a new small venue booking so much great talent. Reminds me of Control at The Avalon circa 2008 or so

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Ah, pre-Asian-Grandma-Ravers Control. Good memories.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

What time do headliners usually go on at the Hollywood Forever during the week? Trying to find out what time I need to be there for James Blake next Wednesday, the gates open at 6pm but I imagine he wouldn't go on until 7 or 7:30. Does that sound right?
    waka waka

Love this dude. Go support him

Sitting here in the Los Angeles sun thanking the universe for my life. Overwhelmed with love for my family, friends, fans, and our ever evolving community. Thank you for believing in me and helping me along my path .

This Gaslamp Killer Experience that we are going to unveil on my 31st Birthday (November 7th) will include 15 phenomenal musicians that have agreed to join me in presenting my music LIVE for the very first time. I have never done anything quite like this before and cannot wait for us to experience it together!

This special guest lineup has never been more exciting. I put some of my favorite artists together for this ONE NIGHT ONLY. Come celebrate life, and one of the greatest lineups to ever hit Los Angeles on Thursday November 7th at the historic Mayan theater.

Thursday Novemebr 7, 2013
    The Gaslamp Killer and ArtDontSleep present:
    THE GASLAMP KILLER EXPERIENCE

Featuring Special Guest Performances by some of The Gaslamp Killers favorite bands and Producers as well as the unveiling of The GLK Experience.

Doors Open at 7pm
    The Mayan Theatre: 1038 South Hill Street, Los Angeles CA., 90015, (213)
    746-4674

For More Info: Thegaslampkiller.com

Admission is free with a donation of any kind. Pay what you can afford and help Gaslamp Killer eliminate his medical bills.

This past July 8th, Gaslamp Killer (GLK) had a near death accident that resulted in an emergency surgery. For the past few months, GLK has been healing and making new music, getting ready for his return. This event is a benefit to help GLK get back on his feet and eliminate his hospital bills. We are very happy that GLK survived and recognize the vital role he plays, not only in our Los Angeles musical Community, but in the world wide musical community where he is known and loved. Join us as he makes his return in as grand of a way as you have ever seen him. Experience, The Gaslamp Killer.

In the spirit of community, we are making this event free to the public, with a donation. Anything you can afford is fine by us and if you cannot afford anything you will not be turned away. We want everyone to experience the amazing event we have in store. Tickets will be available on a first come, first serve at the venue on the day of the event.

If you would like to be guaranteed entry, we are offering a special gift pack for a donation of 50$. The gift pack includes one guaranteed admission, plus a copy of GLK’s new “Lavender AM” mix cd and your choice of a liited edition t-shirt or screen-printed poster. Visit thegaslampkiller.com to purchase gift pack and secure your entry and support GLK in his recovery.
    More info here:

https://www.facebook.com/events/518585964892756/

Exclusive pre-sale packages / Tickets available here:

http://thegaslampkiller.com/

8/19 Run the Jewels @ Sir Stage 37
    8/21 The Clean @ Rough Trade
    8/21 J Rocc/GE-OLOGY @ Panther Room
    8/23 Bad Brains/Trash Talk @ Afropunk
    8/23 Kevin Saunderson @ TBA
    8/24 D'Angelo @ Afropunk

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Awesome. I am going to definitely check that GLK show

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Ah, pre-Asian-Grandma-Ravers Control. Good memories.
    Haaaaaah. Nailed it

Wooden Shjips
    Echo(friday)
    Jan 24 2014
    Translation

Last.fm

Wooden Shjips
    Echo(friday)
    Jan 24 2014
    YES. Such an incredible band.
    8/21 - The Zombies - Santa Monica Pier
    8/22 - Slint - El Rey (?)
    8/23-24 - FYF Fest - Exposition Park
    8/28 - Ty Segall - Echo
    8/31 - Sleep - Troubadour (?)

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by kneuller View Post
    It was unbelievable. NMH played 20 songs over an hour and forty minutes. They were constantly fluctuating between 4 and 8 pieces with Mangum playing a few songs solo. Roughly 15-20 instruments used including a handsaw, a bango played with a bow, accordions, and virtually every brass instrument you can imagine. A great energy by everyone on stage and Mangum was extremely humble. Only a few dingles took pictures most of them awkwardly left their flash on, which was actually pretty funny to me. Great show and worth doing whatever possible to get a ticket for.
    I was working security for this show (at The National). Didn't know we had boardies that were at that show.

Show wasn't my cup of tea, but if you were a fan it was awesome - the band was spot on and sounded great.

Jeff signed autographs for everyone afterward, but wouldn't take pictures, just a heads up.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    not to be Mr. Spoiler wrapped in underwear, but looks like LA got Higher than the Sun.
    bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    I was working security for this show (at The National). Didn't know we had boardies that were at that show.

Show wasn't my cup of tea, but if you were a fan it was awesome - the band was spot on and sounded great.

Jeff signed autographs for everyone afterward, but wouldn't take pictures, just a heads up.
    Yeah man I was born and raised here in RVA. Cool that he signed some autographs afterwards and met with fans. He seemed very thankful of the crowd in general.

He was pretty happy to meet with and talk to people after his solo show here in SB last march. nice guy and very grateful.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Darkside

01/14 – Montreal, QC @ Corona Theatre
    01/15 – Toronto, ON @ Lee’s Palace
    01/16 – Detroit, MI @ The Magic Stick
    01/17 – Chicago, IL @ Metro
    01/18 – Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue
    01/21 – Vancouver, BC @ Fortune Sound Club
    01/22 – Seattle, WA @ Neumo’s
    01/23 – Portland, OR @ Doug Fir Lounge
    01/24 – San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore Auditorium
    01/25 – Los Angeles, CA @ Music Box (Henry Fonda)
    01/26 – Santa Ana, CA @ Observatory
    01/28 – Phoenix, AZ @ Crescent Ballroom
    01/30 – Dallas, TX @ Club Dada
    01/31 – Austin, TX @ Emo’s
    02/01 – Houston, TX @ Fitzgerald’s
    02/02 – New Orleans, LA @ House of Blues
    02/03 – Atlanta, GA @ Terminal West
    02/05 – Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
    02/06 – Philadelphia, PA @ Union Transfer
    02/07 – Boston, MA @ Paradise Rock Club
    02/08 – New York, NY @ Terminal 5

Pearl Jam this friday at the barclays in BK!!!! then Eric Prydz Epic 2.0 this saturday at hammerstein in nyc!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by uscjeff View Post
    Got my ticket
    8/23- First City Festival, Monterey
    8/24- NIN, Shoreline
    8/30- Offspring, Shoreline
    9/4- Shiny Toy Guns, GAMH
    9/6- Feed Me, Warfield
    9/12- Porter Robinson, Bill Graham
    9/16- Drake, Shoreline
    9/18- CHVRCHES, Fox Theater
    9/20 & 21- Beyond Wonderland