Page 2280 of 2443 FirstFirst ... 22752276227722782279228022812282228322842285 ... LastLast
Results 68,371 to 68,400 of 73288

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

Rumor mill: Paul McCartney will be performing today somewhere in NYC on Lennon's birthday.

7/29 Conor Oberst @ Summerstage
    8/2 Daniele Baldelli/Simian Mobile Disco @ PS1
    8/2 Magda @ Output
    8/3 Seth Troxler/the Martinez Brothers @ Gov Island
    8/3 Seth Troxler @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

whiney pain in butt

lol ^
    7/30 - Shabazz Palaces - Roxy (?)
    7/31 - Hamilton Leithauser - Echo (?)
    8/01 - Ceremony/Nothing - Roxy (?)
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)
    8/07 - Haim - Wiltern (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Well done nationocean.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post
    That sounds like a good day! Good shit Nationocean!
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post
    so that's what LA is like
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

I have had two really awesome double dipping experiences, but I would say that the right situation has to just kind of fall into your lap.

In 2011 I went to the Odd Future Christmas party at the Roxy, and then took a cab over to the Fonda for Nero. We got to the Fonda with enough time to smoke a quick blunt around the block and get in right as the first track started, having left the Roxy after Tyler was done stomping out the soundboard to end the show. It was only $23 for each ticket and it was a really fun experience.

Then in 2012 went to the Weeknd at Orpheum, followed by Boys Noize LIVE at the Palladium. This was in theory going to be harder due to the traffic from DTLA to Hollywood on a Saturday night but we just got lucky and traffic was nice to us, and after taking our time leaving the Weeknd, we still arrived to Palladium 15 minutes before Boys Noize came on. This one wasn't so much planned, the Boys Noize show had been announced for months prior and since he is one of my all time favorite DJ's I didn't want to miss his "LIVE" show. And the Weeknd show got added last minute in addition to his Power 106 holiday show appearance, at the time I was really big into the Weeknd and I had never been to the Orpheum and haven't been since so I was interested to check it out, which I was really glad I did.

It is fun when it works out that the first show is going to be a traditional concert thats over between 11-12, and the following is a DJ club type show that you really want to see that will go til 2 am or later.

Basically every once in awhile imo it can be a really fun night, but for the most part I would agree with you guys that its a bit much doing it ALLL the time

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    I have an extra ticket for Gogol Bordello tomorrow if anyone is interested. Up in the balcony. Let me know.
    Will this give me access to General Admission Floor?
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

For whoever wants to go to....

11/3/2013 YouTube Music Awards with Eminem, Lady Gaga, Arcade Fire, and more!
    EMAIL: AUDIENCECASTING@GOTHAMCASTING.COM
    Please Include: Picture, Name, Age, Phone, Address & Why you would be a great addition to the shoot!
    Subject Line: YouTube

8/2 Magda @ Output

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Concerts that require a headshot
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Daughter was a lot more intense live than I expected. Very impressed and definitely would see them again.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Will this give me access to General Admission Floor?
    It might. Im not entirely sure. Still available if youre interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

The ticket says GA Balcony which leads me to believe it's a balcony only ticket with no specific reserved seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Definitely worth a dip
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

That's so dippin cool, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 4 - Arcade Fire - SB Bowl
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    For whoever wants to go to....

11/3/2013 YouTube Music Awards with Eminem, Lady Gaga, Arcade Fire, and more!
    EMAIL: AUDIENCECASTING@GOTHAMCASTING.COM
    Please Include: Picture, Name, Age, Phone, Address & Why you would be a great addition to the shoot!
    Subject Line: YouTube

Are awards given based on how many views a specific artist/video gets?

I'm going to file this under the American Music Awards, People's choice awards, Billboard music awards, etc.

Which I consider to be worthless awards.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    I expect a bunch of 18 years old singing to whatever Arcade Fire picks for this award show! I mean the single would be overplayed by then and they would have the #1 album of the week by that time

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    Are awards given based on how many views a specific artist/video gets?

I'm going to file this under the American Music Awards, People's choice awards, Billboard music awards, etc.

Which I consider to be worthless awards.
    Ohhh Mitch would not be happy to hear you calling Arcade Fire playing worthless award show! Haha seriously though, I don't know what's worse: this or MTV Music Awards

8/2 Magda @ Output

I drove by Low End Theory at around 5:30 today and the line was already wrapped around the corner. Decided not to go. Glad I made that decision since a riot squad shut down the event. smh.

Tonight 10/10/2013: Daniel Johnston "Here" One-Night Pop-Up Exhibit & Book Release
    7-10pm
    7 Dunham Place Williamsburg, Brooklyn
    Hosted by: J. Spaceman (Spiritualized)
    Special performances by: Glen Hansard (the Frames/The Swell Season), J. Spaceman, & Sean Bones
    RSVP: list@danieljohnstonhere.com
    Complimentary beverage provided by Brooklyn Brewery

11/14/2013 A Special Intimate Evening with Cat Power Acoustic @ Brooklyn Masonic Temple

Pre-sale now: http://lepoissonrouge.inticketing.com/private/index.php
    pw: SUNCAT123

8/2 Magda @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by GolfWang View Post
    I drove by Low End Theory at around 5:30 today and the line was already wrapped around the corner. Decided not to go. Glad I made that decision since a riot squad shut down the event. smh.
    Epic waste of time. I was lucky and got in as soon as i got there without waiting in line around 830. The show was set up to be in the back and Tyler and his friends were just standing behind the decks hanging out until about 930 when he left towards the bar. Not sure what happened after that but around 10 when Captain Murphy was supposed to go on they started telling people to leave. I thought it was a joke but they kept trying to get people to go out thru the back door. People started arguing with security about getting their money back since no one really saw any music played, not even by one of the residents, except for GLK and D Styles whom played in the upstairs room for about 15 minutes each. I left out the back door once the helicopter showed up and saw fire trucks pulling up and an endless line of squad cars, probably 20 to 30 of them. they had blocked off broadway on both ends and had this group of kids in front of low end surrounded. I am not sure if the ruckus was started from the people inside or in line waiting to get in. Glad i got in for free and didn't have to wait in line, but i could understand the frustration of some of those kids. people started lining up at noon and paid ten bucks to see tyler and his friends kick it onstage, only to get show shut down and not see nor hear any music.

Quote Originally Posted by brownbuffalo View Post
    people started lining up at noon and paid ten bucks to see tyler and his friends kick it onstage, only to get show shut down and not see nor hear any music.
    Hahahahahaha. serves them right
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

They also found out their GA Balcony ticket didn't let them on the GA Floor
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - Slint - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - Slowdive - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by brownbuffalo View Post
    Epic waste of time. I was lucky and got in as soon as i got there without waiting in line around 830. The show was set up to be in the back and Tyler and his friends were just standing behind the decks hanging out until about 930 when he left towards the bar. Not sure what happened after that but around 10 when Captain Murphy was supposed to go on they started telling people to leave. I thought it was a joke but they kept trying to get people to go out thru the back door. People started arguing with security about getting their money back since no one really saw any music played, not even by one of the residents, except for GLK and D Styles whom played in the upstairs room for about 15 minutes each. I left out the back door once the helicopter showed up and saw fire trucks pulling up and an endless line of squad cars, probably 20 to 30 of them. they had blocked off broadway on both ends and had this group of kids in front of low end surrounded. I am not sure if the ruckus was started from the people inside or in line waiting to get in. Glad i got in for free and didn't have to wait in line, but i could understand the frustration of some of those kids. people started lining up at noon and paid ten bucks to see tyler and his friends kick it onstage, only to get show shut down and not see nor hear any music.
    I'm convinced that they call the cops on their own events. Helps them gain notoriety.

/conspiracy
    July 29 - Boris
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    They also found out their GA Balcony ticket didn't let them on the GA Floor
    I would be so bummed

Exactly why does it serve someone who paid money and waited a long time right to not get to see the show they went to see?
    last.fm
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL

Because they bought tickets to see some dude that calls himself Tyler The Creator....with a comma. That's why. Make sense?

"If I don't like it then no one should."
    July 29 - Boris
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 16 - Earth
    September 21 - Nails
    October 10 - Bonobo
    November 23 - Caribou

Because they bought tickets to see some dude that calls himself Tyler The Creator....with a comma. That's why. Make sense?
    Well, you continue to be a humongous asshole, so i definitely don't have to feel bad about continuing to point out how stupid you are too.
    last.fm

Go for it. No one should give a shit what anyone says on this board anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    "If I don't like it then no one should."
    THANK YOU!