Page 2249 of 2385 FirstFirst ... 22442245224622472248224922502251225222532254 ... LastLast
Results 67,441 to 67,470 of 71530

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    So, I'm going to a couple shows at this church soon. It's 1.5 miles from my apartment. Is the area so shitty that it would be a poor choice to walk to and from the venue? Especially late at night.
    Heather and I walked to Hobart from Wilshire/Vermont late at night all the time with no issue. South of Wilshire does all of a sudden get real sketchy though.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Even if it Daft Punk were to come out who cares. Not like they're Bono or anything

Yeah Bleached added!

Okay, good to know.
    FYI, the church is about 1/4-1/2 mile from where my apartment was. IF you're not dumb in the area it's not horrible by any means. And you can always find parking around there if you know where to look. If you drive, park near Southwestern, the students take off at night and the area clears up.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Little Dragon
    The El Rey
    Oct 17

Onsale now
    Nice find, Chris! Thanks for posting.
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    Little Dragon
    The El Rey
    Oct 17

Onsale now
    So pised this is the same day as Disclosure at the Fonda. Although I am seeing them the next day as well.....I dont know what to do =/
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    So pised this is the same day as Disclosure at the Fonda. Although I am seeing them the next day as well.....I dont know what to do =/
    seems silly to see disclosure twice in a row. they will be back many times and will play the exact same set both nights. go to ms mr, little dragon, atoms for peace, or lionel richie one of the nights

Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    seems silly to see disclosure twice in a row. they will be back many times and will play the exact same set both nights. go to ms mr, little dragon, atoms for peace, or lionel richie one of the nights
    mmmmmmm.........*sigh*

I think youre right about this one. I reckon I can get some good cash for 2 disclosure Thursday tickets...alright. im a do it. Little Dragon it is. Thanks for the kick in the pants tmac
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

talk about 1st world problems holy cow
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Even if it Daft Punk were to come out who cares. Not like they're Bono or anything

This is definitely my most interesting 3-nights-in-a-row-of-shows run:

- Atoms for Peace October 16
    - Little Dragon October 17
    - Lionel Richie October 18
    For your health

glad the church discussion came up today cause i think im going to have to go to this:

Church Sessions with Olafur Arnalds, Hauschka, Nils Frahm

Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    glad the church discussion came up today cause i think im going to have to go to this:

Church Sessions with Olafur Arnalds, Hauschka, Nils Frahm
    Who are you mainly going for? Let's meet up if you do go, as I will definitely be there (got a ticket already).

The other Church Session show I'm going to is Julia Holter.

no one in particular, it just looks like an interesting show

Nils Frahm is a phenomenal pianist. I saw him at the Hotel Cafe last yera and it was excellent; check out his album Felt, very nice, moody stuff. Hauschka also does some neat stuff. I'm not super familiar with Olafur, though I've liked what I've heard.

Little Dragon ticket purchased. I think. No confirmation email or ticket. First time successfully purchasing from the axs of evil. Is this normal? Also, love how the mobile site doesn't let you see your full confirmation number.
    4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/19 Lykke Li @ The Theatre at Ace, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/18-22 Sled Island, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go

When I bought Disclosure tickets, i got an email but no tickets, even though they are e-tickets. I called. e-tickets will be sent out October 3rd..

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    Go to the Church, saw a pretty good Chelsea Wolfe show there. Just be aware that parking is very scarce in the area.
    Thanks for the info guys!

4/17 Pixies @ Pappy & Harriets
    4/26 Desert Daze @ Sunset Ranch Oasis
    5/26 Panda Bear @ Pappy & Harriets
    7/11 Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds @ The Shrine Auditorium

Ital is playing an instore at Mount Analog on Sunday Sept 1st.

https://www.facebook.com/events/689667081048083/

So, I'm going to a couple shows at this church soon. It's 1.5 miles from my apartment. Is the area so shitty that it would be a poor choice to walk to and from the venue? Especially late at night.
    I walked all the way there from my apartment on Crenshaw last February to see Mark Kozelek. I was able to walk back after midnight without any issues, but then again I'm a weird looking biggish guy with stupid big hair and skinny jeans, so maybe the criminals and miscreants were just cautious of me.
    ayyo check out some of my Coachella 2014 pics:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pedestr...7623900536594/

So... apparently !!! (ChkChkChk) is playing Giuliani again, which was a nice surprise tonight. Good times, as always.

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    I walked all the way there from my apartment on Crenshaw last February to see Mark Kozelek. I was able to walk back after midnight without any issues, but then again I'm a weird looking biggish guy with stupid big hair and skinny jeans, so maybe the criminals and miscreants were just cautious of me.
    Iwill say that 99/100 times it doesn't matter where you are walking as long as you act like you belong there and what you are doing is no big deal. if you act like an asshole or if you immediately make yourself out to be a victim, you will be treated as such. That said, you never know what is going to happen...but I tend to not be afraid of walking around most parts of L.A.
    last.fm

Black Sabbath was fucking awesome tonight. Lawn tickets were only $25 before fees/$40 after, couple that with free parking and this was a much more budget-friendly way to see them than next week's Sports Arena show will be. Great setlist, crazy ass crowd starting fires on the lawn. So glad I got to see them.
    4/27 - Ghost BC - Fonda (?)
    4/29 - Franz Ferdinand - Wiltern (?)
    4/30 - Mono - Troubadour (?)
    5/03 - Philip Glass - Royce Hall
    5/06 - Rodrigo y Gabriela - Orpheum (?)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Black Sabbath was fucking awesome tonight. Lawn tickets were only $25 before fees/$40 after, couple that with free parking and this was a much more budget-friendly way to see them than next week's Sports Arena show will be. Great setlist, crazy ass crowd starting fires on the lawn. So glad I got to see them.
    This is every KROQ/rock/metal show that's ever happened at that amphitheater.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    Coachella W2 - 4/25 Dillinger Escape Plan@Glass House - 5/1 The Horrors@First Unitarian Church - 5/9 Big Freedia@Echoplex - 6/28 Robyn/Royksopp@Bill Graham

Pretty sure Zomby at Echoplex next week is cancelled. The event is no longer on Ticketfly, and when a friend called Origami Vinyl yesterday to see if they were still selling tickets they told him they weren't cause they weren't even sure if the show was still happening. Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    This is every KROQ/rock/metal show that's ever happened at that amphitheater.
    Ha, yeah. Every time I've been on the lawn there fires have started. But not 3! Last night there were 3 separate ones.
    4/27 - Ghost BC - Fonda (?)
    4/29 - Franz Ferdinand - Wiltern (?)
    4/30 - Mono - Troubadour (?)
    5/03 - Philip Glass - Royce Hall
    5/06 - Rodrigo y Gabriela - Orpheum (?)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Pretty sure I've never seen people setting off fireworks there either.

Someone better win!

Submit your info below and enter to win a pair of tickets to KROQ’s private show with Nine Inch Nails at The Troubadour on September 3rd!

*You can also listen for your chance to win instant access every hour 9am to 9pm all this week. Be caller 9 at 800-520-1067 and the tickets are yours!

Contest ends Friday, August 30th at 4pm. Winners will be notified via phone by the KROQ Promotions Department.
    http://kroq.cbslocal.com/enter-to-wi...he-troubadour/

4/21 Avey Tare @ Bowery
    4/22 Woods @ Baby's All Right
    4/24 Factory Floor @ MHOW
    4/25 Modeselektor @ Sankeys
    4/26 Cell Injection @ Spektrum
    4/27 Moderat @ 1260
    4/28 Danny Tenaglia @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

So, I went to my first taping at ACL last night. Pretty good experience overall.

Pros:
    1. It's free.
    2. Really awesome, intimate venue.
    3. Great sound.
    4. If you pull out your cell phone for ANY reason security will grab you and demand that you put it away.

Cons:
    1. Generally the sets are shorter than what you would get at a typical show.
    2. It's extremely obvious that a lot of old yuppie types go "just to go." I had some old bro ask me during the middle of the set if I was familiar with the band. It was sad because a ton of people (real fans) were waiting outside the venue in case there were no shows.
    3. Lot of chatter around me. These 40 something year old women were just laughing and clucking away during the Black Angels' set. Luckily, I wasn't the only one that was annoyed and some people sitting near by told them to put a fucking sock in it.

Overall, the good definitely outweighed the bad. Kind of hard to complain when the tapings are free.

Fin.

EDIT* They also have venue/show specific prints for every taping which is awesome.
    Last edited by Gribbz; 08-29-2013 at 12:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Someone better win!
    Don't be mad when I win =)

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    Pretty sure Zomby at Echoplex next week is cancelled. The event is no longer on Ticketfly, and when a friend called Origami Vinyl yesterday to see if they were still selling tickets they told him they weren't cause they weren't even sure if the show was still happening. Bummer.
    wow that is definitely a bummer.. I think its definitely due to poor sales because I had seen this show being advertised all over twitter in a manner that was like 'we need to sell tickets asap'. I was getting even more excited also because on one of their twitter announcements for the show they included the link to this Nokia music 10 min film about SFV Acid and it was pretty dope. Oh well...

interested folks could watch the video about SFV Acid here: http://vimeo.com/57219539

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    "We regret to inform you that due to circumstances beyond our control Check Yo Ponytail 2 w Zomby, Teengirl Fantasy, SFV ACID, and LOW LIMIT has been CANCELED. Stay tuned for a possible makeup show on the same night at a new location."

http://iheartcomix.com/show-canceled...and-low-limit/