Page 2221 of 2507 FirstFirst ... 22162217221822192220222122222223222422252226 ... LastLast
Results 66,601 to 66,630 of 75207

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

Man, there is a lot to be jealous with that Issue Project Room. I have seen a number of those artists before and they are all fantastic.

Hesitation Wounds (featuring Jeremy Bolm of Touché Amoré, Neeraj Kane of The Hope Conspiracy, Jay Weinberg formerly of Against Me! and Stephen LaCour formerly of Trap Them) - 2013 Tour Dates

All shows $5!

7/21 Oxford House - 951 N. Oxford Ave. 90029 Los Angeles, CA
    7/22 Aladdin Jr 2 - 296 W. 2nd St. 91766 Pomona, CA
    7/24 The Nile - 105 West Main St. 85201 Mesa, AZ

12/18 DJ Qu/Lauren Ritter @ Good Room
    12/19 Matthew Dear/Paco Osuna @ Verboten
    12/20 Solomun/Adriatique/David August @ TBA

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Every time I'm there, I forget how awesome the SB Bowl is. And last night was extra special for some reason. I don't know if I'm just used to LA shows, or what, but it seemed like the quietist, most intimate crowd I’ve seen in some time. Bummer I didn’t run into you and Matt; it seems we were just a little over to your left.
    Did you look behind you? The back two sections were completely empty! I think the crowd would have been polite and quiet regardless, but that explains a lot as to why it felt like that I think.
    12/22 - Beachwood Sparks, et al - Echoplex
    12/30 - Together Pangea - Echo
    1/10 - Flesh Eaters - Echoplex (?)
    1/20 - Guster - HOB Anaheim (?)
    1/29 - Patti Smith - Ace (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I don't mind a show that isn't packed sold, the GA pit had a good size crowd, but if its really going to be "the only CA show this year" blah blah at least put it on the weekend so people from north and south of SB can drive to it. People know the reputation of the venue alone now and will go it but Wednesday nights are tough. 2000-3000 person crowd aint bad for B&S though, who seemed in very high spirits last night compared to the last time I saw them.

Was great to see Stuart come out to the rail to meet with fans.

When I saw them at the B&S at the palladium in 2010 i remember guys fighting for setlists and flying over the barrier superman style to get them. I was shocked B&S fans would act like that but it was a good laugh. Definitely none of that. The most polite crowd to ever crawl on stage by a mile!!

The B&S show did awful in ticket sales.You could of still got pit tickets the week of.
    Translation

Sparks @ Ace Hotel 02/14/15
    Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/15
    The Pop Group @ GAMH 03/11/15

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by HunterGather View Post
    I'm sorry for your loss
    It's not much of a loss. Spent most of her London show trying to hold in my laughter.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

SB bowl shows are always like that. Pit will "sell out" months in advance of the show, sometimes instantly at onsale, but the box office keeps a sizable portion of pit tickets for walk ups as the box office is open monday-friday without fees. This is a venue that is highly entwined with their local community. At some point that bunch of tickets is made available on ticketmaster closer to the show date. Also, realize that it is hard to judge ticket sales until the night of because there is not the same kind of buying clamor for tickets/shows in SB and Ventura counties; its all much more relaxed.

None of this is in defense of B&S selling well overall, the pit was about usual last night for the venue, and I just want to give my throughs/insight to the ongoings of the venue.

TL;DR Tickets are available closer to show. Don't judge before night of. Not LA clamor. SB Bowl is the best.

I'm looking forward to a chance at going to SB bowl. I really wanted to attend that Incubus show they had there yr and a half or so ago. But yeah hopefully something will pop up on a weekend that would be ideal.

Hey people.. im gonna spam a few threads asking if you'll take our (goldenvoice) short concert related survey. Thanks so much!
    IT'S ONLY 7 QUESTIONS CLICK HERE
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    Hey people.. im gonna spam a few threads asking if you'll take our (goldenvoice) short concert related survey. Thanks so much!
    why isn't the coachella message board one of the options as a place to first hear about goldenvoice concerts?

also, there should be an option for one of the questions to indicate that a goldenvoice app would not be useful at all. because that's the right answer.

If a goldenvoice app let me buy tickets on it, circumnavigating AXS, then i'm all for it!!! But yeah thats not happening...

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

It's actually quite a shame that AXS wasn't mentioned anywhere in that survey, but I suppose doesn't really give a fuck about customer satisfaction as long as they're keeping all fees in their own pockets.
    last.fm
    12/4/14 - Angel Olsen @ El Rey // 12/10/14 - Tune-Yards/Cibo Matto @ Wiltern

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

the other right answer is to make goldenvoice.com mobile friendly.

tough crowd
    Translation

Sparks @ Ace Hotel 02/14/15
    Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/15
    The Pop Group @ GAMH 03/11/15

Last.fm

sold
    Last edited by choice cat; 07-21-2013 at 11:33 PM.

done.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    12/21 Dillon Francis @Shrine - 12/27 IAMX @Complex - 12/31 IAMX @Slims - 1/3 Foxygen @Roxy - 1/4 Buddy Nielsen @Constellation Room - 1/14 Run The Jewels @Regent

If anybody notices that System of a Down tix pop up on ticketmaster for the Bowl show please PM me so I can buy them. Thanks

Also, AXS is the worst. I wrote a whole page on why it's terrible. I'll post it later.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

AXS upper decked my toilet and painted my cat's butt.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

8/29 - Avey Tare's Slasher Flicks - Echo

Same night as Moderat.

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

whiney pain in butt

Can all the answers be DAFT PUNK?!?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    Lorde
    Echoplex
    8/8

On sale Fri @ Noon
    http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/326783
    those went fast

Well yeah she's Lana Del Ray 2.0 playing such a tiny venue

Welp, looks like I just bought the last ticket for Johnny Marr at Hollywood Forever. Glad I didn't forget about it entirely today.
    Karen O - Masonic Lodge at Hollywood Forever Cemetary, Sept. 18
    Slowdive - Theatre at Ace Hotel, Nov. 8
    First Aid Kit - Wiltern, Nov. 12
    Coachella - Empire Polo Field, April 17-19

Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    those went fast
    Apparently Ticketfly either crashed or froze due to this onsale at noon, and tickets were gone in under a minute. Out of curiosity I looked up a song of hers and it was complete bullshit. I don't understand the world anymore.

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Apparently this Lorde is a 16 year old singer from New Zealand. That song "Royals" is in rotation on KROQ and 98.7 thus the reason for the quick sell out. I'm surprised it wasn't at a bigger place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    Apparently this Lorde is a 16 year old singer from New Zealand. That song "Royals" is in rotation on KROQ and 98.7 thus the reason for the quick sell out. I'm surprised it wasn't at a bigger place.
    Ahh i've heard that song a couple times never know who it was. I don't think she's a talentless hack, but I also don't thinks she's particularly good. Oh well

December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    Ahh i've heard that song a couple times never know who it was. I don't think she's a talentless hack, but I also don't thinks she's particularly good. Oh well
    Comparing her to Lana del Rey is a little harsh, I would have to hear her live before I make a comparision like that. I only saw Lana del Rey do a couple of songs as one of the special guests for a couple of nights at Camp Freddy at the Roxy last year and she was pretty terrible live, even for a couple of songs.

Comparing her to Lana del Rey is a little harsh, I would have to hear her live before I make a comparision like that. I only saw Lana del Rey do a couple of songs as one of the special guests for a couple of nights at Camp Freddy at the Roxy last year and she was pretty terrible live, even for a couple of songs.
    You quoted the wrong person, I didn't make the Lana comparison, theklein did. But I agree with you, I think the jury is still out on her live performances, I looked on youtube and she's only played 6 shows ever so far.

December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant

Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    You quoted the wrong person, I didn't make the Lana comparison, theklein did. But I agree with you, I think the jury is still out on her live performances, I looked on youtube and she's only played 6 shows ever so far.
    Sorry about that, didn't meant to quote the wrong person.

The band that really needs to be stopped is, "5 Seconds of Summer" before they become the next One Direction, Bieber, etc.

Sorry about that, didn't meant to quote the wrong person.

The band that really needs to be stopped is, "5 Seconds of Summer" before they become the next One Direction, Bieber, etc.

They're the opener for One Direction's current tour. Looks like it's too late.

December
    3 - alt-J - Pageant