Page 2221 of 2385 FirstFirst ... 22162217221822192220222122222223222422252226 ... LastLast
Results 66,601 to 66,630 of 71533

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

Belle and Sebastian were wonderful tonight. Completely worth the trip. One of the most pleasant bands in one of the most pleasant cities/venues. So glad I finally got to see them live.
    4/27 - Ghost BC - Fonda (?)
    4/29 - Franz Ferdinand - Wiltern (?)
    4/30 - Mono - Troubadour (?)
    5/03 - Philip Glass - Royce Hall
    5/06 - Rodrigo y Gabriela - Orpheum (?)

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I'll echo the Belle and Sebastian praise. such a genuine band. got to meet and talk to stuart for a little after the concert, he signed my ticket!

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Is it wrong that I just looked up how much a flight would be? Too much, apparently.
    Labor Day weekend! Make it a nice trip The night before Ty Segall is playing and the night after we have an awesome afternoon at MoMA PS1 with...

Cajmere / Cajual / Chicago, IL
    Liars (Live) / Mute / Los Angeles, CA
    Lil Silva / Good Years, Young Turks / Bedford, UK
    IO ECHO (Live) / IAMSOUND / Los Angeles, CA
    Jon Hopkins / Domino / London, UK
    Miles / Modern Love / Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Belle and Sebastian were wonderful tonight. Completely worth the trip. One of the most pleasant bands in one of the most pleasant cities/venues. So glad I finally got to see them live.
    They always know how to work a big crowd. Did Stuart ask people to come up on the stage during "The Boy with the Arab Strap"?

Lamb of God/Killswitch Engage/Testament/Huntress - 2013 Tour Dates

Tue/Oct-22 Toronto, ON @ Kool Haus
    Wed/Oct-23 Quebec City, QC @ Pavillon de la Jeunesse
    Thu/Oct-24 Montreal, QC @ Metropolis
    Fri/Oct-25 New York, NY @ Roseland Ballroom
    Sat/Oct-26 Wallingford, CT @ Toyota Presents Oakdale Theatre
    Mon/Oct-28 Columbus, OH @ LC Pavilion
    Tue/Oct-29 Detroit, MI @ The Fillmore Detroit
    Wed/Oct-30 Chicago, IL @ Congress Theater
    Fri/Nov-01 Kansas City, MO @ The Midland by AMC
    Sat/Nov-02 Grand Prairie, TX @ Verizon Theatre at Grand Prairie
    Sun-Nov-03 Socorro, TX Center – Free Show
    Tue-Nov-05 Denver, CO @ The Fillmore Auditorium
    Thu/Nov-07 Tempe, AZ @ Marquee Theater
    Fri/Nov-08 Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Palladium (no Testament)
    Sat/Nov-09 Oakland, CA @ Fox Theater
    Mon/Nov-11 Kent, WA @ ShoWare Center
    Tue/Nov-12 Vancouver, BC @ Queen Elizabeth Theatre
    Thu/Nov-14 Edmonton, AB @ Shaw Conference Centre
    Fri/Nov-15 Calgary, AB @ Big Four
    Sat/Nov-16 Saskatoon, SK @ Saskatoon Prairieland Park
    Mon/Nov-18 St. Paul, MN @ Myth
    Tue/Nov-19 Milwaukee, WI @ Eagles Ballroom
    Wed/Nov-20 Grand Rapids, MI @ Orbit Room
    Fri/Nov-22 Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom
    Sat/Nov-23 Boston, MA @ House of Blues
    Sun/Nov-24 Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
    Mon/Nov-25 Pittsburgh, PA @ Stage AE
    Tue/Nov-26 Silver Spring, MD @ The Fillmore Silver Spring

4/21 Avey Tare @ Bowery
    4/22 Woods @ Baby's All Right
    4/24 Factory Floor @ MHOW
    4/25 Modeselektor @ Sankeys
    4/26 Cell Injection @ Spektrum
    4/27 Moderat @ 1260
    4/28 Danny Tenaglia @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Long live Issue Project Room! Tony Conrad, Omar Souleyman, No-Neck Blues Band, William Basinski and more!

Sat, August 31, 2013 to Sat, October 26, 2013

In Fall 2013, ISSUE Project Room celebrates its ten year anniversary with Ten Years Alive on the Infinite Plain— a two-month festival revisiting seminal past projects and initiating new relationships with over 50 emerging and established artists working across and between the disciplines of sound, dance, film, performance, and literature. Across more than 25 performances, including four special presentations at cultural institutions around NYC, the festival both reflects upon the last ten years and looks towards the future, as ISSUE prepares to occupy a newly-renovated historic theater in Downtown Brooklyn.

Since its inception in 2003 under the vision of late Founder Suzanne Fiol, ISSUE has evolved from a small East Village garage to an internationally-recognized leader for fostering experimental cross-disciplinary performance. Across 10 years of programming, music- and sound-based practices have served as the essential core of ISSUE’s programming, with explorations of language, theory, movement, and image folded into the overarching examination of innovative sonic art.

Supporter Robert Bielecki has offered ISSUE a special challenge grant opportunity for this festival. If ISSUE raises $20,000 in support for Ten Years Alive on the Infinite Plain by July 30, Bielecki will contribute an additional $10,000. Thanks to the generous support of over 100 new and renewing ISSUE Members, with just under 3 weeks remaining, we have currently raised more than 80% of our critical $20,000 campaign goal. JOIN OR RENEW NOW with a donation of $30 or more to help ISSUE celebrate a decade of groundbreaking experimental artistry.

The festival opens Saturday, August 31st at 3pm with an outdoor concert headlined by Syrian musical legend Omar Souleyman at Pioneer Works in Red Hook, Brooklyn. The day-long event includes psychedelia and space music from cult rock figure Bobb Trimble, Rick Brown and Che Chen's duo 75 Dollar Bill, and discursive and distinctive blues by guitarist Steve Gunn. Advance tickets are available to all ISSUE Members now.

The full calendar will be announced shortly, find more information about festival artists at http://10years.issueprojectroom.org.

Confirmed Artists Include:

Oren Ambarchi

William Basinski

Olivia Block

Gregg Bordowitz

Michelle Boulé & Okkyung Lee

Seth Cluett

Anthony Coleman

Tony Conrad

Cooper-Moore

Charles Curtis

Dawn of Midi

Jacques Demierre & Vincent Barras

Amen Dunes & Tom Thayer

David Grubbs & Susan Howe

Steve Gunn

Jonathan Kane's February

Jason Lescalleet & Graham Lambkin

Joe McPhee

Jon Mueller

Lee Noble

No-Neck Blues Band

Cian Nugent

Pauline Oliveros

Aki Onda & Raha Raissnia

Bill Orcutt

Charlemagne Palestine

Duane Pitre & Eleh

Ashley Paul

Marc Ribot

Matana Roberts

Jen Rosenblit & C. Spencer Yeh

Marina Rosenfeld

75 Dollar Bill

Elliott Sharp

Omar Souleyman

Talibam!

Yasunao Tone

Bobb Trimble

Francesco Tristano

Ken Vandermark & Nate Wooley

Tashi Wada

Yarn/Wire

Ann Liv Young

Richard Youngs

The X-Patsys

+ More TBA

4/21 Avey Tare @ Bowery
    4/27 Moderat @ 1260

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    Lorde
    Echoplex
    8/8

On sale Fri @ Noon
    http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/326783
    at first glance i thought this said Lordi and I got really excited, then i realized it wasnt a typo.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Every time I'm there, I forget how awesome the SB Bowl is. And last night was extra special for some reason. I don't know if I'm just used to LA shows, or what, but it seemed like the quietist, most intimate crowd I’ve seen in some time. Bummer I didn’t run into you and Matt; it seems we were just a little over to your left.
    Friday: Aloe Blacc, ZZ Ward, Caravan Palace, MS MR, Bastille, OutKast, Grouplove, Kate Nash, HAIM, Jagwar Ma, Tom Odell, Neko Case
    Saturday
    : Chvrches, Lorde, ,Foxygen, The Naked and Famous, Pharrell Williams, Muse, Empire of the Sun, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pet Shop Boys, Saints of Valory, Temples
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Lana Del Rey, Frank Turner, John Newman, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Superchunk, STRFKR, Neutral Milk Hotel

Man, there is a lot to be jealous with that Issue Project Room. I have seen a number of those artists before and they are all fantastic.
    Philip Glass Ensemble - Philip Glass - Tycho - William Tyler - Nickel Creek - Jandek - The Mountain Goats - Hopscotch 2014

Hesitation Wounds (featuring Jeremy Bolm of Touché Amoré, Neeraj Kane of The Hope Conspiracy, Jay Weinberg formerly of Against Me! and Stephen LaCour formerly of Trap Them) - 2013 Tour Dates

All shows $5!

7/21 Oxford House - 951 N. Oxford Ave. 90029 Los Angeles, CA
    7/22 Aladdin Jr 2 - 296 W. 2nd St. 91766 Pomona, CA
    7/24 The Nile - 105 West Main St. 85201 Mesa, AZ

4/21 Avey Tare @ Bowery
    4/27 Moderat @ 1260

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Every time I'm there, I forget how awesome the SB Bowl is. And last night was extra special for some reason. I don't know if I'm just used to LA shows, or what, but it seemed like the quietist, most intimate crowd I’ve seen in some time. Bummer I didn’t run into you and Matt; it seems we were just a little over to your left.
    Did you look behind you? The back two sections were completely empty! I think the crowd would have been polite and quiet regardless, but that explains a lot as to why it felt like that I think.

I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I don't mind a show that isn't packed sold, the GA pit had a good size crowd, but if its really going to be "the only CA show this year" blah blah at least put it on the weekend so people from north and south of SB can drive to it. People know the reputation of the venue alone now and will go it but Wednesday nights are tough. 2000-3000 person crowd aint bad for B&S though, who seemed in very high spirits last night compared to the last time I saw them.

Was great to see Stuart come out to the rail to meet with fans.

When I saw them at the B&S at the palladium in 2010 i remember guys fighting for setlists and flying over the barrier superman style to get them. I was shocked B&S fans would act like that but it was a good laugh. Definitely none of that. The most polite crowd to ever crawl on stage by a mile!!

The B&S show did awful in ticket sales.You could of still got pit tickets the week of.

Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's 04/26/15
    Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch 05/02-04/14
    The Decemberist @ Crystal Ballroom 05/30/14
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds @ The Warfield 07/07/14

Last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    thanks for whatever you did in mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterGather View Post
    I'm sorry for your loss
    It's not much of a loss. Spent most of her London show trying to hold in my laughter.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

SB bowl shows are always like that. Pit will "sell out" months in advance of the show, sometimes instantly at onsale, but the box office keeps a sizable portion of pit tickets for walk ups as the box office is open monday-friday without fees. This is a venue that is highly entwined with their local community. At some point that bunch of tickets is made available on ticketmaster closer to the show date. Also, realize that it is hard to judge ticket sales until the night of because there is not the same kind of buying clamor for tickets/shows in SB and Ventura counties; its all much more relaxed.

None of this is in defense of B&S selling well overall, the pit was about usual last night for the venue, and I just want to give my throughs/insight to the ongoings of the venue.

TL;DR Tickets are available closer to show. Don't judge before night of. Not LA clamor. SB Bowl is the best.

I'm looking forward to a chance at going to SB bowl. I really wanted to attend that Incubus show they had there yr and a half or so ago. But yeah hopefully something will pop up on a weekend that would be ideal.

Hey people.. im gonna spam a few threads asking if you'll take our (goldenvoice) short concert related survey. Thanks so much!
    IT'S ONLY 7 QUESTIONS CLICK HERE
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Hey people.. im gonna spam a few threads asking if you'll take our (goldenvoice) short concert related survey. Thanks so much!
    why isn't the coachella message board one of the options as a place to first hear about goldenvoice concerts?

also, there should be an option for one of the questions to indicate that a goldenvoice app would not be useful at all. because that's the right answer.

If a goldenvoice app let me buy tickets on it, circumnavigating AXS, then i'm all for it!!! But yeah thats not happening...

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

It's actually quite a shame that AXS wasn't mentioned anywhere in that survey, but I suppose doesn't really give a fuck about customer satisfaction as long as they're keeping all fees in their own pockets.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Even if it Daft Punk were to come out who cares. Not like they're Bono or anything

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

the other right answer is to make goldenvoice.com mobile friendly.

tough crowd

Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's 04/26/15
    Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch 05/02-04/14
    The Decemberist @ Crystal Ballroom 05/30/14
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds @ The Warfield 07/07/14

Last.fm
    thanks for whatever you did in mexico.

sold
    Last edited by choice cat; 07-21-2013 at 10:33 PM.

done.
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    Coachella W2 - 4/25 Dillinger Escape Plan@Glass House - 5/1 The Horrors@First Unitarian Church - 5/9 Big Freedia@Echoplex - 6/28 Robyn/Royksopp@Bill Graham

If anybody notices that System of a Down tix pop up on ticketmaster for the Bowl show please PM me so I can buy them. Thanks

Also, AXS is the worst. I wrote a whole page on why it's terrible. I'll post it later.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    April/May Concerts
    5/22 - Billy Joel - Hollywood Bowl
    5/27 - Panda Bear - El Rey
    5/28 - First Aid Kit - El Rey

AXS upper decked my toilet and painted my cat's butt.
    4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/19 Lykke Li @ The Theatre at Ace, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/18-22 Sled Island, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go

8/29 - Avey Tare's Slasher Flicks - Echo

Same night as Moderat.

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

whiney pain in butt

Can all the answers be DAFT PUNK?!?!?!?!?!

Lorde
    Echoplex
    8/8

On sale Fri @ Noon
    http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/326783
    those went fast

Well yeah she's Lana Del Ray 2.0 playing such a tiny venue
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    Foster the People - April 8 @ Pomona

Welp, looks like I just bought the last ticket for Johnny Marr at Hollywood Forever. Glad I didn't forget about it entirely today.
    The Reflektors - Hollywood Palladium, Oct. 31
    Johnny Marr - Masonic Lodge at Hollywood Forever, Nov. 3
    Nine Inch Nails - Staples Center, Nov. 8
    Chvrches - Wiltern, Nov. 11
    Sarah Neufeld - Hotel Cafe, Dec. 9
    Ennio Morricone - Nokia Theatre, March 20
    Coachella - Empire Polo Field, April 11-13

those went fast
    Apparently Ticketfly either crashed or froze due to this onsale at noon, and tickets were gone in under a minute. Out of curiosity I looked up a song of hers and it was complete bullshit. I don't understand the world anymore.

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare