Page 2210 of 2382 FirstFirst ... 22052206220722082209221022112212221322142215 ... LastLast
Results 66,271 to 66,300 of 71440

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

There's a phone number on the flyer.

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    There's a phone number on the flyer.
    And there's the info I was looking for. Thanks Fickle

And thanks for nothing as usual, guedita.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Dude. The phone number is listed directly next to the fucking website on the poster. How'd you get to the website in the first place?

4/17: The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's
    4/17: Minilogue @ Mighty
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Dude. The phone number is listed directly next to the fucking website on the poster. How'd you get to the website in the first place?
    NO.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Some of the letters on that poster are backwards. Can anyone verify for me that DJ Harvey is in fact going to be spinning? Is it actually on Saturday? I'm having trouble decoding the whole thing.

Some of the letters on that poster are backwards. Can anyone verify for me that DJ Harvey is in fact going to be spinning? Is it actually on Saturday? I'm having trouble decoding the whole thing.
    I just did some research. It is in fact DJ Harvey that will be spinning, and it IS taking place on July 6th. Have you honestly never heard of these?

Honestly

I've never heard of Saturdays, no. Even though they've been staring me right in the face to the right of Friday all along.

Jesus, people are still into Saturdays? I thought everyone knew about Wednesdays by now.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post
    $50 for GA Pit. It was $35ish for regular GA.
    What's the difference between GA Pit and GA Regular?
    OutKast / The Replacements / Chromeo / Bonobo / Bryan Ferry / Flume / Jagwar Ma / Shlohmo

Muse / Queens of the Stone Age / Pet Shop Boys / CHVRCHES / Mogwai / Tiga / Holy Ghost!

Arcade Fire / Beck / Neutral Milk Hotel / Disclosure / STRFKR / AlunaGeorge / Flight Facilities / Blood Orange

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    I just did some research. It is in fact DJ Harvey that will be spinning, and it IS taking place on July 6th. Have you honestly never heard of these?
    What the fucking fuck. The phone number IS right on the flyer, what the hell are you babbling on about?
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by sexualamandakiss View Post
    Engage in thought process, read over what you just asked.
    4/17 - Mogwai - El Rey (?)
    4/27 - Ghost BC - Fonda (?)
    4/29 - Franz Ferdinand - Wiltern (?)
    4/30 - Mono - Troubadour (?)
    5/03 - Philip Glass - Royce Hall

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Club Nokia is broken up into tiered sections. The section right in front of the stage is the "pit." Sometimes it is first come/first served to get a wristband for that area, and sometimes they sell it as a separate ticket (for more money - this seems to be happening more and more). Regular GA is behind the area right in front of the stage. There are a couple different level varying in height behind the pit wityh walls separating the tiers before it finally opens up into the back floor. There is also a GA area upstairs on next to the balcony seats.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Engage in thought process, read over what you just asked.
    If you've never been to a venue before and have no idea how the place is laid how, i could see how that distinction could be confusing. There are plenty of places where PIT is the only GA section, or it's broken up into GA FLOOR/GA BALC.
    last.fm

Is this Bring Your Suprefan To Work day or something?
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    If you've never been to a venue before and have no idea how the place is laid how, i could see how that distinction could be confusing. There are plenty of places where PIT is the only GA section, or it's broken up into GA FLOOR/GA BALC.
    What's the difference between GA FLOOR and GA BALC??
    4/17 - Mogwai - El Rey (?)
    4/27 - Ghost BC - Fonda (?)
    4/29 - Franz Ferdinand - Wiltern (?)
    4/30 - Mono - Troubadour (?)
    5/03 - Philip Glass - Royce Hall

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Club Nokia is broken up into tiered sections. The section right in front of the stage is the "pit." Sometimes it is first come/first served to get a wristband for that area, and sometimes they sell it as a separate ticket (for more money - this seems to be happening more and more). Regular GA is behind the area right in front of the stage. There are a couple different level varying in height behind the pit wityh walls separating the tiers before it finally opens up into the back floor. There is also a GA area upstairs on next to the balcony seats.
    Ah thanks for the info! I remember now ... no wonder I couldn't get to the front during Parov Stelar last year. I was too drunk to figure it out but now it all makes sense. That was really lame, I got GA Regular but I'm gonna try to upgrade it to GA Pit
    OutKast / The Replacements / Chromeo / Bonobo / Bryan Ferry / Flume / Jagwar Ma / Shlohmo

Muse / Queens of the Stone Age / Pet Shop Boys / CHVRCHES / Mogwai / Tiga / Holy Ghost!

Arcade Fire / Beck / Neutral Milk Hotel / Disclosure / STRFKR / AlunaGeorge / Flight Facilities / Blood Orange

Wow, apparently I missed something while not on the internet this past week.
    last.fm

Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole.Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

What the fucking fuck. The phone number IS right on the flyer, what the hell are you babbling on about?
    Go back a page and you'll see

the difference is that one is the only way that Club Nokia is tolerable. The other is resigning yourself to a night of annoyances!

Woop got GA pit see you guys there!!

It would be nice if the phone number listed had any actual info. Does it give out info the day of or something along those lines?

What? What information would even be relevant to give out 9 days before the actual party? We know when it is. We know the hours. We know who is spinning. We know that it's in Los Angeles. It's entirely reasonable to expect that like most info lines, pertinent location information will be revealed day of in the interest of keeping the party private.

Superhumanoids added a record release show at the Troubadour on Friday 8/9. Anyone not going to Foals that night should definitely come.

EDIT - BTW, does anyone need a face value Foals floor ticket? $34.
    Last edited by JorgeC; 06-27-2013 at 01:09 PM.
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    Coachella W2 - 4/25 Dillinger Escape Plan@Glass House - 5/1 The Horrors@First Unitarian Church - 5/9 Big Freedia@Echoplex - 6/28 Robyn/Royksopp@Bill Graham

Dusky @ Dim Mak Studios, LA
    Sept 10

http://dimmakevents.com/show.cfm?id=101682

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    the difference is that one is the only way that Club Nokia is tolerable. The other is resigning yourself to a night of annoyances!
    I was contemplating this but banking that Moderat will draw a good crowd. I haven't been to a show in LA since trntemoller a couple years ago and that was good.

Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post
    I was contemplating this but banking that Moderat will draw a good crowd. I haven't been to a show in LA since trntemoller a couple years ago and that was good.
    The problem with Club Nokia isn't the crowd. I'm sure the crowd for Moderat will be fine. It's the venue itself. It's my least favorite major venue in LA by a long shot. (The Trentemoller show, otoh, was at the Fonda, which is one of my favorite venues in the city). But I've discussed this a dozen times in this thread. (ridiculous amount of space with obstructed views, only rarely ticketing for the balcony over the floor leaving people stuck up on the balcony, mediocre sound if you're anywhere but right in front of the stage, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    The problem with Club Nokia isn't the crowd. I'm sure the crowd for Moderat will be fine. It's the venue itself. It's my least favorite major venue in LA by a long shot. (The Trentemoller show, otoh, was at the Fonda, which is one of my favorite venues in the city). But I've discussed this a dozen times in this thread. (ridiculous amount of space with obstructed views, only rarely ticketing for the balcony over the floor leaving people stuck up on the balcony, mediocre sound if you're anywhere but right in front of the stage, etc)
    Ah thanks for the clarification. Never been to Nokia, glad I went with GA pit then.

It has the most outrageously priced drinks of any venue in the city too.
    last.fm