Page 2166 of 2445 FirstFirst ... 21612162216321642165216621672168216921702171 ... LastLast
Results 64,951 to 64,980 of 73337

Thread: Upcoming Shows

  1. #64951
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,188

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Marnie Stern was really awesome last night. She's really not a very good vocalist, but she's so charming and is so damn good at guitar and plays in such a unique way that it really doesn't matter. She's absolutely adorable and really funny. The inbetween song banter is so awesome. The rhythm section is also really good. Her touring drummer is definitely much stiffer than Zack Hill and Kid Millions, but he's very capable. I highly recommend seeing her if you get a chance.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  2. #64952
    Happy Feet Coachella Bound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    City of Wasted Dreams, CA
    Posts
    5,557

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Pat24 View Post
    It's their first show in a year (well, since the olympics if you want to count that) and most likely they'll play new material for their upcoming fifth record. Probably wont be back in CA til August/September/October once the new album comes out.
    Every ounce of the fanboy in me wants to pull the trigger in 15 minutes. But I have to save some money this month, and a two hour drive on a work night just doesnt seem reasonable... damn you responsibility... damn you.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

    - PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

  3. #64953
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    What's the deal with this arctic monkeys show. Why are they playing a random one off show in Ventura...you'd think they would play LA or SF as a one-off West Coast date?
    Warm up for Sasquatch? And they live in l.a right now while recording their new album. Also, nobody said they cant add a show.....

  4. #64954
    Member Eddie S.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ventura County
    Posts
    339

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    Every ounce of the fanboy in me wants to pull the trigger in 15 minutes. But I have to save some money this month, and a two hour drive on a work night just doesnt seem reasonable... damn you responsibility... damn you.
    Same thing happens to me everytime there is an LA area show during a work day (ie. Metz this past Monday )

    Luckily this time I'm only 10 min away.

  5. #64955
    Coachella Junkie cutterbutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,424

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Bought my ticket. Very nice to have some good shows in Ventura the week I move back home from school.

  6. #64956
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    DIIV
    The Echo
    May 28

    Its the next Red Bull Select show so tickets avail night of for $3

  7. #64957
    Coachella Junkie woogie846's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,657

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    DIIV
    The Echo
    May 28

    Its the next Red Bull Select show so tickets avail night of for $3
    Once again, fuck 21 and over shows.

  8. #64958
    old school Spooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,033

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Oh fuck yeah!
    Help them out! I know you're in a band

    White Lung
    Vancouver: We desperately need a practice space. Please message us or email us: whitelungwhitelung@gmail.com if you have any leads.

    7/29 Conor Oberst @ Summerstage
    8/2 Daniele Baldelli/Simian Mobile Disco @ PS1
    8/2 Magda @ Output
    8/3 Seth Troxler/the Martinez Brothers @ Gov Island
    8/3 Seth Troxler @ Output



    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

  9. #64959
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by woogie846 View Post
    Once again, fuck 21 and over shows.
    Get a fake id already.

  10. #64960
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    5,106

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    What's the deal with this arctic monkeys show. Why are they playing a random one off show in Ventura...you'd think they would play LA or SF as a one-off West Coast date?
    Whatever the deal is, I went ahead and bought a pair to surprise the girlfriend. I was tripping entirely way too hard to enjoy them last year on the fields, so this should make that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

    August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 4 - Arcade Fire - SB Bowl
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

  11. #64961

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Whatever the deal is, I went ahead and bought a pair to surprise the girlfriend. I was tripping entirely way too hard to enjoy them last year on the fields, so this should make that up.
    Bought a pair too. Very surprised its not sold out...they sold out the glass house (slightly smaller) in milliseconds last year.

    Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    June
    5 - tUnE-yArDs - Fonda
    10 - Jack White - Fonda
    11 - Jack White - Mayan
    13 - War On Drugs - 50 Kent
    14 - Beirut - 50 Kent
    15 - CHVRCHES - McCarren
    16 - Phantogram - T5
    17 - 19 - The National - Prospect
    20 - Little Dragon - T5
    21 - Bill Maher - Capitol
    22 - Dave Chapelle - Radio City
    24 - Dave Chapelle & The Roots - Radio City
    26 - Warpaint - Prospect
    30 - Beck - Hammerstein

  12. #64962
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Who wants to drive up to Ventura on a weds is the question you need to ask yourself. And The Glasshouse is much better at advertising their shows.

  13. #64963

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Who wants to drive up to Ventura on a weds is the question you need to ask yourself. And The Glasshouse is much better at advertising their shows.
    Yea true. Just weird that ill be seeing them headline glastonbury in a few months and yet in the US they can't sell out a venue smaller than the Fonda. It's interesting how cultural boundaries around music popularity are still quite present even with the Internet. I mean ya, the arctic monkeys are popular here, but magnitudes less so than they are in the UK.
    Last edited by ameeps; 05-01-2013 at 04:32 PM.

    Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    June
    5 - tUnE-yArDs - Fonda
    10 - Jack White - Fonda
    11 - Jack White - Mayan
    13 - War On Drugs - 50 Kent
    14 - Beirut - 50 Kent
    15 - CHVRCHES - McCarren
    16 - Phantogram - T5
    17 - 19 - The National - Prospect
    20 - Little Dragon - T5
    21 - Bill Maher - Capitol
    22 - Dave Chapelle - Radio City
    24 - Dave Chapelle & The Roots - Radio City
    26 - Warpaint - Prospect
    30 - Beck - Hammerstein

  14. #64964
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,188

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Nick Oliveri is playing an acousitc set at Redwood Bar on Sunday night. $5

    My friend's all female Descendents cover band Des and the Cendents are opening up.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

  15. #64965
    Coachella Junkie cutterbutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,424

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    I've been telling my Ventura county friends about it all day much to their surprise. Most people that go to shows at the theater go get tickets after work or later on at the doors to save on some fees. It'll sell out. Recently YYYs took 2 or 3 days to sell out there. Everything just goes a little slower in Ventura and Santa Barbara counties.

    Ventura Theater is nice. Has different tiers like the Wiltern so you can in a lot of places but smaller in size like the Fonda. And free parking in the giant structure across the street.

  16. #64966
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,851

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    That's funny, drinkey.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  17. #64967
    old school tmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,716

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Henrick Schwarz playing Voodoo 9/28

    also Grand Park Sunday Sessions

    FREE / GRATIS

    Gather together in the heart of Downtown LA with family and friends for an afternoon of the best in electronic music performance. Happening every last Sunday of the month all summer long, the afternoon will also feature food trucks and cocktails by Pattern Bar.

    May 26
    Wolf + Lamb with Baby Prince / No Regular Play / Eduardo Castillo / Garth / Jeniluv / Wiseacre

    June 30
    Audiofly / Droog / Eduardo Castillo / ... and more

    July 28
    Scissor + Thread Showcase with Francis Harris / Bob Moses / Gry and Eduardo Castillo ... and more

    Aug 25
    The Leverage Agency Showcase with Acid Pauli / NU / Eduardo Castillo ... and more

    METRO RED LINE TO CIVIC CENTER
    https://www.facebook.com/events/5800...82154255148151

  18. #64968
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    5,106

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    I've been telling my Ventura county friends about it all day much to their surprise. Most people that go to shows at the theater go get tickets after work or later on at the doors to save on some fees. It'll sell out. Recently YYYs took 2 or 3 days to sell out there. Everything just goes a little slower in Ventura and Santa Barbara counties.

    Ventura Theater is nice. Has different tiers like the Wiltern so you can in a lot of places but smaller in size like the Fonda. And free parking in the giant structure across the street.
    Free parking is always a plus. But how about decent bars? Anything good thats close by?
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

    August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 4 - Arcade Fire - SB Bowl
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

  19. #64969
    Member Eddie S.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ventura County
    Posts
    339

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Free parking is always a plus. But how about decent bars? Anything good thats close by?
    Their is 3 decent bars walking distance (5 min) from Ventura Theater. Barrelhouse 101 (101 beers on draft) great selection, food is suspect. Winchesters (about 30-40 beers on draft) food is a little better but still suspect. Anacapa Brewing Co. (great local brewery with a few guest taps) prob the best of all 3 for food. I normally just go to the taco truck down the road after show but these are prob your best bet as far as craft beer goes. Cheers.

  20. #64970
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    5,106

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Interesting. Thanks for the heads up!
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

    August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 4 - Arcade Fire - SB Bowl
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

  21. #64971

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    I just received a Bandsintown e-mail referencing a July 17 Garbage date at the OC Fair, but I'm not seeing anything anywhere else. Early confirmation or Songkick-type BS?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

  22. #64972
    Member taylorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    77

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    Bought a pair too. Very surprised its not sold out...they sold out the glass house (slightly smaller) in milliseconds last year.
    Saying it sold out in milliseconds is a MEGA exaggeration. I very clearly remember it taking it a few hours for it to sell out.
    This show wasn't as "hyped" as the Glass House one either.
    This one was "officially announced" at the same time tickets went on sale when for the Glass House show there was some time in between.
    It'll sell out, but it'll take a couple to a few days.

  23. #64973

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by taylorf View Post
    Saying it sold out in milliseconds is a MEGA exaggeration. I very clearly remember it taking it a few hours for it to sell out.
    This show wasn't as "hyped" as the Glass House one either.
    This one was "officially announced" at the same time tickets went on sale when for the Glass House show there was some time in between.
    It'll sell out, but it'll take a couple to a few days.
    And I remember trying for 45 minutes and not being able to get a ticket....
    So no, not an exaggeration at all.

    Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    June
    5 - tUnE-yArDs - Fonda
    10 - Jack White - Fonda
    11 - Jack White - Mayan
    13 - War On Drugs - 50 Kent
    14 - Beirut - 50 Kent
    15 - CHVRCHES - McCarren
    16 - Phantogram - T5
    17 - 19 - The National - Prospect
    20 - Little Dragon - T5
    21 - Bill Maher - Capitol
    22 - Dave Chapelle - Radio City
    24 - Dave Chapelle & The Roots - Radio City
    26 - Warpaint - Prospect
    30 - Beck - Hammerstein

  24. #64974
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Derp.

  25. #64975
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,489

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Help them out! I know you're in a band
    That is weird White Lung can't find a practice space. Thanks for the tip, man. I will be on the look out for 'em!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  26. #64976
    Member taylorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    77

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    And I remember trying for 45 minutes and not being able to get a ticket....
    So no, not an exaggeration at all.
    Well if you're talking about the public sale date then yes, there were no tickets available on that day
    Ticketfly fucked up and released all of the tickets to be sold on the pre-sale so there were no tickets available on the public sale date
    On the date of the pre-sale though, it took nearly all day for the tickets to be sold

  27. #64977

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by taylorf View Post
    Well if you're talking about the public sale date then yes, there were no tickets available on that day
    Ticketfly fucked up and released all of the tickets to be sold on the pre-sale so there were no tickets available on the public sale date
    On the date of the pre-sale though, it took nearly all day for the tickets to be sold

    Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    June
    5 - tUnE-yArDs - Fonda
    10 - Jack White - Fonda
    11 - Jack White - Mayan
    13 - War On Drugs - 50 Kent
    14 - Beirut - 50 Kent
    15 - CHVRCHES - McCarren
    16 - Phantogram - T5
    17 - 19 - The National - Prospect
    20 - Little Dragon - T5
    21 - Bill Maher - Capitol
    22 - Dave Chapelle - Radio City
    24 - Dave Chapelle & The Roots - Radio City
    26 - Warpaint - Prospect
    30 - Beck - Hammerstein

  28. #64978
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by taylorf View Post
    Well if you're talking about the public sale date then yes, there were no tickets available on that day
    Ticketfly fucked up and released all of the tickets to be sold on the pre-sale so there were no tickets available on the public sale date
    On the date of the pre-sale though, it took nearly all day for the tickets to be sold

  29. #64979
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    soon to be silverlake
    Posts
    577

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by woogie846 View Post
    Once again, fuck 21 and over shows.
    ya "fuck 21+"

    thank god...all ages shows are so annoying these days
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

  30. #64980
    old school ods..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,239

    Default Re: Upcoming Shows

    wa wa wa wa wa

    what a tired discussion in this thread and in all places in the world of live music

    sorry to break it to 21+ people (of which I am recently a part), but people under 21 like some music that people over 21 like. And to people who are like 19-20 for instance (and even younger) 21+ shows really suck. Especially when it's a good band.

    If you're older than 21 and you go to terrible shows and you need that 21 plus buffer to get through it... then by all means. But if the show is good... why not let everyone enjoy. Don't wanna bunch of kids running around? I mean I understand... but often times older idiots are more annoying at venue shows than young people. My experience (except at certain shows that idiots cannot be avoided, ie. the xx, one off time at the Rapture in Pomona)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •