Page 2135 of 2447 FirstFirst ... 21302131213221332134213521362137213821392140 ... LastLast
Results 64,021 to 64,050 of 73387

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Ha! I wasn't trying to make it a competition I never been to Empty Bottle but I've seen shows at Bottom Lounge in Chicago. Love that place. Next on my list would be Low End Theory & Largo: You can't talk or use your mobile phone during performances, but liveblogging on a laptop is perfectly acceptable.
    What iceyhotshot said, and also, Low End Theory isn't a venue.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I saw many, many legendary shows at the Troubadour during my formative concert years. They don't book much that i want to see nowadays, but it's a fantastic room. Good sound, great layout, and fantastic sight lines for such a small space.
    I saw KISS there in 1992. Loudest show EVER. Andy McCoy's Shooting Gallery opened. They took the stage to chants of KISS! KISS! KISS! Last I ever heard of him.
    "why are you so annoying" TheKlein25

The Troubadour is one of my favorite venues. Great sound, tiny as hell, really no bad sight lines. However, expensive drinks and, more importantly, the fact that so much of the free parking in the area has been gobbled up by Beverly Hills douchebags and their ordinances restricting parking means that I don't have a ton of desire to go back there if I'm driving. And, aforementioned douchebags are so against having the metro run down Wilshire that it'd pretty much a dead venue for me at this point.

And Largo at the Coronet is so cool as a venue. Parking is easy, if you get there early you'll get a great seat assignment and it just is a cool place inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

The Largo and the Fonda are my two favorite venues in LA. I wish I had an excuse to go to the Largo more often.

The Echo used to be far and away my favorite venue, but it got bumped to second when the Fonda added the better soundsystem, redesigned the inside and, most importantly, allowed patrons to enter Blue Palms brewhouse throughout the show. I think it'd be very difficult to find a better venue in the nation than the Fonda for my personal tastes now that they've incorporated those changes.

I also HIGHLY recommend the sushi place across the street from the Largo. Affordable and super good. And the Roger Room next door for drinks!

As for Troubadour parking, yes it's harder and harder to park on Melrose now. But last time I went, in December, we ate next door at Mercato De Vetra, which was astounding - great small plates style Italian - and they had valet parking for like $5.
    last.fm
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL

I don't like the echo because they always have like 3 or 4 openers that are awful, and the shows go until 1 am which is too late for my old ass.

I also HIGHLY recommend the sushi place across the street from the Largo. Affordable and super good. And the Roger Room next door for drinks!

As for Troubadour parking, yes it's harder and harder to park on Melrose now. But last time I went, in December, we ate next door at Mercato De Vetra, which was astounding - great small plates style Italian - and they had valet parking for like $5.
    Yabu across from the Largo has whats considered the best Soba noodles in LA and Roger Room has great cocktails to get you properly toasty for any show. Plus the after show jam sessions in the little room are stuff of legend. Absolutely love the largo. Old and New versions.

And re: Troub parking. I always find free parking. Beverly is completely wide open if you dont mind walking like 4 blks and theres plenty of free parking 2 blks away if you know where to look.
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    What are you talking about Spooks? All electronics are forbidden at Largo during shows. If someone's liveblogging them then they should get kicked the fuck out.
    What RS wrote about Largo: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/li...geles-19691231

What iceyhotshot said, and also, Low End Theory isn't a venue.
    Ok fine! 2419 N. Broadway, Los Angeles, California 90031! I have to go there this year...

7/29 Conor Oberst @ Summerstage
    8/2 Daniele Baldelli/Simian Mobile Disco @ PS1
    8/2 Magda @ Output
    8/3 Seth Troxler/the Martinez Brothers @ Gov Island
    8/3 Seth Troxler @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by moviebruin View Post
    Yabu across from the Largo has whats considered the best Soba noodles in LA and Roger Room has great cocktails to get you properly toasty for any show. Plus the after show jam sessions in the little room are stuff of legend. Absolutely love the largo. Old and New versions.

And re: Troub parking. I always find free parking. Beverly is completely wide open if you dont mind walking like 4 blks and theres plenty of free parking 2 blks away if you know where to look.
    Interesting. I used to have my spots I went to, but they were recently converted to permit parking. I got lucky lats time I went and found one of the spots that is right around the corner, but the Troub can also get proper fucked for working with a lot that charges as much as it does to park. I'll have to check Beverly the next time I'm there.

The venue is called The Airliner, and they do different hings every night. Low End Theory is an event.

http://theairlinerla.com/
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post

Ok fine! 2419 N. Broadway, Los Angeles, California 90031! I have to go there this year...
    Or just call it the Airliner which is the name of the venue.

Drinky beating me to it.
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

Interesting. I used to have my spots I went to, but they were recently converted to permit parking. I got lucky lats time I went and found one of the spots that is right around the corner, but the Troub can also get proper fucked for working with a lot that charges as much as it does to park. I'll have to check Beverly the next time I'm there.
    One of the rare instances that I am thankful for my disease, no parking restrictions with a handicap placard. Although, I did get a ticket for no front license plate up there once, thought maybe they'd cut me some slack with my placard up in the window, but the heartless bastards are all about the money.

The venue is called The Airliner, and they do different hings every night. Low End Theory is an event.

http://theairlinerla.com/
    Thanks! Ummm I hope this isn't another April Fool's joke because LA shoegazer Medicine is back??? Can't listen to it!

Eighteen years after they called it quits as a working band, 2013 finds the original members of Medicine reunited and proudly offering a newly recorded LP on Captured Tracks. 'To The Happy Few' LP/CD/MP3 will be out everywhere August 6, 2013.
    https://soundcloud.com/capturedtrack...ong-as-the-sun

8/2 Magda @ Output

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

It's playing for me.

I like Medicine a lot, and that track was posted 3 days ago, so not an April Fools joke. This song sounds exactly like their '90s stuff too, awesome.
    last.fm

holy shit, sneak b2b doc in the heineken dome

Ha, on the day already stacked with great DJs. DJ Dan into that, too. Really nice.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Ha, on the day already stacked with great DJs. DJ Dan into that, too. Really nice.
    I dont understand...

Does not compute.

Super stoked for Disclosure and some Bashmore, but other than that...
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

eric prydz, paul kalkbrenner, loco dice, jamie jones, maya jane coles, joris voorn

Björk Hollywood Palladium June 2nd & 5th

Ticket presale tomorrow at 10am

Quote Originally Posted by Disposition View Post
    Björk Hollywood Palladium June 2nd & 5th

Ticket presale tomorrow at 10am
    Stage setup for the show is a bit different for the Palladium:
    http://concerts.livenation.com/event/09004A75AE384E2F

omg, we totally didnt know..

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    omg, we totally didnt know..
    Then post it in this thread next time or go fuck yourself.

I guess he'll only be there on the 11th?
    http://www2.acehotel.com/desertgold/...e/#Thursday-11

Every year during the big show in the Coachella Valley we host our own desert tent revival beneath the sungods and the San Jacintos. We call it Desert Gold and this year marks our Wood Anniversary. And though it started as a wee li’l sapling it’s growing up fast — with live music and a Rolling Record Store presented by Third Man Records, performances by Flying Lotus, Jeremy Sole and Benji B, parties by the Do-Over crew, KCRW, Warp Records, Boiler Room, jerk goodness and ackee by Miss Lily’s, live on-site recordings by the certified buckwilders at NPR and much celebration of life. We’ll keep you posted, but seriously the AC in these rooms is as cool as the water in our deep, deep pools and they can’t wait around forever.
    http://blog.acehotel.com/post/458423...e-palm-springs

tumblr_inline_mjyznz4Kh81qz4rgp.jpg
    Last edited by Spooks; 04-01-2013 at 05:12 PM.

8/2 Magda @ Output

Holy shit...

Spiritualized, Kid Millions, Brad Truax of Interpol @ Secret Project Robot tonight. $10

!!!
    Spiritualized are kicking off their spring tour of the US with a “secret” show at beloved Brooklyn venue Secret Project Robot tonight. A press release states that “two longtime friends of Secret Project”, Oneida’s Kid Millions and one-time touring Interpol member Brad Truax, are touring with the beloved British space rockers. Apparently the group has been rehearsing in Brooklyn in advance of the US dates. Doors for the gig open at 8pm, the show starts at 9pm and will apparently be over by 11. Don’t bother searching for an email address or phone number; there are no advance tickets. Tickets will be 10 bucks and if you are familiar with SPR, you are going to want to get there very early to assure your entrance into this most intimate of performances. Secret Project Robot is located at 389 Melrose Street. Good luck.
    Last edited by Spooks; 04-02-2013 at 06:51 AM.

8/2 Magda @ Output

Anyone have any experience grabbing tix with the TM or LN Android app? Wondering how it may compare to the regualr website, in terms of scoring tix. Cheers.

Better, but sometimes they forget to turn it on for presales and such. Can be buggy for certain listings.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    The Strokes 2013 tour dates for U.S.

08/05 – Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Band Arts Center *
    08/06 – Wantagh, NY @ Nikon Theatre at Jones Beach *
    08/07 – Wantagh, NY @ Nikon Theatre at Jones Beach
    08/09 – Boston, MA @ Comcast Center *
    08/11 – Buffalo, NY @ Darien Lake Performing Arts Center *
    08/12 – Washington, DC @ Jiffy Lube Live *
    08/13 – Hershey, PA @ Hershey Park Pavilion *
    08/14 – Hartford, CA @ The Comcast Theatre *
    08/16 – Montreal, QC @ Bell Centre *
    08/17 – Toronto, ON @ Molson Canadian Amphitheatre *
    08/19 – St. Louis, MO @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre *
    08/20 – Chicago, IL @ First Midwest Bank Pavilion *
    08/21 – Cincinnati, OH @ Riverbend Music Center *
    08/23 – Milwaukee, WI @ Marcus Amphitheater *
    08/25 – Winnipeg, MB @ MTS Centre ^#
    08/26 – Saskatoon, SK @ Credit Union Centre ^#
    08/27 – Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place ^#
    08/28 – Calgary, AB @ Saddledome ^#
    08/30 – Victoria, BC @ Save-On Foods Memorial Centre ^#
    08/31 – Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena ^#
    09/01 – Seattle, WA @ White River Amphitheater ^
    09/03 – Salt Lake City, UT @ USANA Amphitheater ^
    09/04 – Denver, CO @ Comfort Dental Amphitheater ^
    09/07 – Minneapolis, MN @ Xcel Center %
    09/08 – Des Moines, IA @ Wells Fargo Arena
    09/09 – Kansas City, MO @ Sandstone Amphitheater %
    09/10 – Indianapolis, IN@ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre %
    09/11 – Detroit, MI @ DTE Energy Music Centre %
    09/13 – Cleveland, OH @ Blossom Music Center %
    09/15 – Pittsburgh, PA @ First Niagara Pavilion %
    09/16 – Saratoga, NY @ SPAC %
    09/17 – Camden, NJ @ Susquehanna Bank Center %
    09/18 – Virginia Beach, VA @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre %
    09/20 – Charlotte, NC @ Charlotte Verizon Wireless Amphitheater %
    09/21 – Atlanta, GA @ Lakewood Amphitheater %
    09/23 – Miami, FL @ Cruzan Amphitheater %
    09/24 – Tampa, FL @ 1-800-ASK-GARY Amphitheatre %
    09/26 – Houston, TX @ Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion %
    09/27 – Dallas, TX @ Gexa Energy Pavilion %
    09/29 – Albuquerque, NM @ Journal Pavilion %
    09/30 – Phoenix, AZ @ Tempe Beach Park Amphitheatre %
    10/01 – Anahiem, CA @ Honda Center %
    10/02 – Sacramento, CA @ Sleep Train Amphitheatre %
    10/04 – Concord, CA @ Sleep Train Pavilion at Concord %
    10/05 – Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre %
    10/07 – Las Vegas, NV @ Red Rock Resort, Spa & Casino %
    10/08 – Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl %
    10/15 – San Diego, CA @ Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre %
    dammit
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Woot! I just texted my friend in Bushwick and he said there's no line for Spiritualized yet Thank god it's 40 degrees out today...

I think I can make it to Loma Prieta after Spiritualized since St. Vitus is less than 4 miles away from SPR!

Last night's set at St. Vitus: Russian Circles!!!

Marky Ramone's Blitzkrieg w/ Andrew WK - 2013 Tour Dates

May 3 - New York, NY - Santos Party House
    May 9 - Novi Sad, Serbia - Main Square
    May 10 - Rome, Italy - Crossroads Live Club
    May 11 - Zaragoza, Spain - Actitude Rock Festival
    May 12 - Valencia, Spain - Rock City
    May 14 - Saint Petersburg, Russia - ClubZal
    May 15 - E katerinburg, Russia - Tele-Club
    May 16 - Moscow, Russia - 16 Tons
    June 30 - Helsinki, Finland - Circus Venue
    July 5 - Barcelona, Spain - Razzmatazz
    July 7 - Terra Vibe, Greece -Rockwaves Festival
    July 19 - Altes Lager, Germany - Jamboree Festival
    Oct 2 - Washington DC - 9:30 Club
    Oct 3 - New York, NY - Irving Plaza
    Oct 4 - Boston, MA - Paradise
    Oct 6 - Philadelphia, PA - Theatre of Living Arts
    Oct 8 - Chicago, IL - Metro
    Oct 10 - Seattle, WA - Neumo's
    Oct 12 - San Francisco, CA - Independent
    Oct 15 - Los Angeles, CA - Henry Fonda
    Oct 23 - London, UK - Electric Ballroom
    Oct 24 - Manchester, UK - Academy
    Oct 25 - Glasgow, SCO - TBA
    Last edited by Spooks; 04-02-2013 at 10:23 AM.

8/2 Magda @ Output