Page 2127 of 2469 FirstFirst ... 21222123212421252126212721282129213021312132 ... LastLast
Results 63,781 to 63,810 of 74054

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

They HAVE set up an outdoor stage at the tar pits before, so it's doable, and that'd be badass for Bjork, but she'd have to end early.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I'm seeing Steve Reich at the Bing Theater apparently, no idea what that is but maybe it's too small for Bjork? Besides the fact that I know that she won't be playing at LACMA.

still no LA Tyler the Creator show announced? wtf

So I went and saw Unknown Mortal Orchestra and Foxygen last night and it was a really great show. Foxygen are completely manic and unhinged and they were a lot more entertaining than I thought they would be. I like the record quite a bit, but was not expecting them to put on such a great show. And that what it really was... a show. The lead singer is totally hilarious and completely out of his mind. I expect big things out of this band in the future.

Unknown Mortal Orchestra were great to, and even though the band has quite a bit of musical similarities on the surface, they are totaly different live bands. The most impressive part of UMO for me was that that all 3 of them are insanely talented musicians on their respective instruments. I didn't even notice how tech-y their music is until I was watching them player. Anyways, yeah, their musical chops really impressed me and they sounded great. The Jay Reatard cover they played during their encore kicked ass too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Some answers on LACMA. They hold great hip hop shows (Freddie Gibbs, Madlib, Vincent Staples, Gaslamp Killer, etc) where that "urban light" structure is but that can only house like 400 people since the Ray Stark Bar is right there. They could put it on in the other courtyard area which they had Daedlus perform for their Kubrick/Halloween Party that prob can have 750ish maybe? But really has no vibe. The Bing is used for movie screenings and the excellent Jason Reitman Live Read series. That's also too small for Bjork. Bjork live at the Getty or Skirball would be dope but won't happen.

On another subject, Django Django were great last night at the Fonda. They play a big room well w/ solid visuals and the sound was absolutely perfect. Surprised the show didnt sell out but was glad cause it was filled but comfortable.

And glad to hear Foxygen is good live. Regret missing them at sxsw but now excited for their Echo show friday.
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

Quote Originally Posted by swhite423 View Post
    still no LA Tyler the Creator show announced? wtf
    My guess is it will be just like the last time when Goblin was released. First come first serve at Amoeba who buy the album get a wristband for the show that night. Last time it was at Troubadour. No idea where it will be this time.

Quote Originally Posted by GolfWang View Post
    My guess is it will be just like the last time when Goblin was released. First come first serve at Amoeba who buy the album get a wristband for the show that night. Last time it was at Troubadour. No idea where it will be this time.
    ugh that sucks for me then...not a local. did we know that was the case before or day of? i remember it happening just not the specific details.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    To answer some of your questions:

The Airliner, where Low End Theory happens, is not near The Bowl. Totally different parts of town, and there isn't really any easy way to take public transpo to the the Airliner. A map for reference:
    http://goo.gl/maps/MbV1q
    You could take the Red Line to Union station and then jump on the Gold line to Pasadena and get off on Lincoln Heights... looks like it's a couple minutes walk from that stop.

Quote Originally Posted by mmsk123 View Post
    You could take the Red Line to Union station and then jump on the Gold line to Pasadena and get off on Lincoln Heights... looks like it's a couple minutes walk from that stop.
    Not enough time. Do that trip starting at 11:30 on a weeknight, gold line would be closed by the time the red line got to union.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    So I went and saw Unknown Mortal Orchestra and Foxygen last night and it was a really great show. Foxygen are completely manic and unhinged and they were a lot more entertaining than I thought they would be. I like the record quite a bit, but was not expecting them to put on such a great show. And that what it really was... a show. The lead singer is totally hilarious and completely out of his mind. I expect big things out of this band in the future.

Unknown Mortal Orchestra were great to, and even though the band has quite a bit of musical similarities on the surface, they are totaly different live bands. The most impressive part of UMO for me was that that all 3 of them are insanely talented musicians on their respective instruments. I didn't even notice how tech-y their music is until I was watching them player. Anyways, yeah, their musical chops really impressed me and they sounded great. The Jay Reatard cover they played during their encore kicked ass too.
    Ooh, that's a great double bill. UMO's album is by far one of my favorite releases of the year so I'm happy to hear they are super talented live. Kicking myself for missing their show earlier this year.

Zack and I saw Jeff Mangum at the Rio Theater in Santa Cruz tonight, and it was splendid. I'm so shocked and happy that I got to see him at all, and seeing him in a small intimate venue with a responsive, respectful crowd was miles and miles better than the experience I had trying to see him on the polo fields last year.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

seeing jeff mangum at sunset was fucking beautiful

what you talking about, girl?

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    To answer some of your questions:

The Airliner, where Low End Theory happens, is not near The Bowl. Totally different parts of town, and there isn't really any easy way to take public transpo to the the Airliner. A map for reference:
    http://goo.gl/maps/MbV1q

LACMA is a really awesome museum, but there isn't really any place there that I am aware of to house Bjork concerts, unless they erected an outdoor stage (which they won't). It's not set up for concerts, beyond having jazz quartets and the like play on the grass on weekday afternoons.
    Thank you everyone for their input! Just trying to see where Bjork would play in LA since she's been playing unique venues/museums. NY hall of science's capacity was under 500 so it's not out of question if she does play somewhere small but maybe there are other museums in LA that might be suitable for "in the round" performance

Bummer that Low End Theory isn't near Hollywood Bowl. I'm still hoping to go over there after Atoms for Peace...

9/18 Kode 9/Mala/DJ Spinn @ Verboten
    9/19 The Replacements @ Forest Hills Stadium
    9/19 Andy Stott/Function/Vatican Shadow/Demdike Stare @ Output
    9/20 There Will Be Blood Live @ United Palace

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by IzGewd View Post
    seeing jeff mangum at sunset was fucking beautiful
    Nope. Have you seen him in a small venue as a point of comparison? I had to tell some bro to shut the fuck up and that none of us cared about him yelling to his friend about the first time he heard each song Jeff was playing. And I wasn't far from the stage either.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

I agree with Cara. I was actually front and center on the rail for Jeff last year and everyone around me ruined it. His show at the Orpheum a week or so later was one of the best I have ever seen though.

Presale for The National Greek Theatre show is this Friday at 10 am. http://americanmary.com/tour.php

Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    April 16
    Ventura Theater

Lil Wayne, T.I. And Future

07-09 Birmingham, AL - Oak Mountain Amphitheatre
    07-10 Nashville, TN - Bridgestone Arena
    07-12 Atlanta, GA - Lakewood Amphitheatre
    07-13 Tampa, FL - Live Nation Amphitheatre
    07-14 West Palm Beach, FL - Cruzan Amphitheatre
    07-16 Pittsburgh, PA - First Niagra Pavilion
    07-17 Baltimore, MD - 1St Mariner Arena
    07-19 Wantagh, NY - Jones Beach
    07-20 Philadelphia, PA - Susquehanna Bank Center
    07-21 Scranton, PA - Toyota Pavilion
    07-23 Bangor, ME - Bangor Amphitheatre
    07-24 Holmdel, NJ - Pnc Bank Arts Center
    07-26 Charlotte, NC - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
    07-27 Raleigh, NC - Time Warner Pavilion
    07-28 Virginia Beach, VA - Farm Bureau Live
    07-30 Buffalo, NY - Darien Lake Pac
    07-31 Hartford, CT - Comcast Theatre
    08-02 Washington, DC - Verizon Center
    08-03 Saratoga Springs, NY - Spac
    08-04 Boston, MA - Comcast Theatre
    08-06 Cincinnati, OH - Riverbend Music Pavilion
    08-07 Cleveland, OH - Klipsch Amphitheatre
    08-09 Detroit, MI - Joe Louis Arena
    08-10 Chicago, IL - First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
    08-11 St. Louis, MO - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
    08-13 Indianapolis, IN - Klipsch Amphitheatre
    08-14 Memphis, TN - Fedex Forum
    08-16 Dallas, TX - Gexa Pavilion
    08-17 Austin, TX - Austin 360 Amphitheatre
    08-18 Houston, TX - Cwm Pavilion
    08-20 Omaha, NE - Qwest Center
    08-21 Oklahoma City, OK - Chesapeake Energy Center
    08-23 Denver, CO - Fiddlerís Green
    08-24 Albuquerque, NM - Isleta Amphitheatre
    08-25 Phoenix, AZ - Desert Sky Pavilion
    08-27 San Diego, CA - Sleep Train Arena
    08-28 Sacramento, CA - Sleep Train Arena
    08-30 Oakland, CA - Sleep Train Arena
    08-31 Las Vegas, NV - Arena
    09-01 Irvine, CA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

Nope. Have you seen him in a small venue as a point of comparison? I had to tell some bro to shut the fuck up and that none of us cared about him yelling to his friend about the first time he heard each song Jeff was playing. And I wasn't far from the stage either.
    If you were standing next to some bro, why didn't you just move? Weekend 2 was perfect. Everyone singing along and having a great time

Everyone please go see Esben & the Witch. I caught them this weekend after not seeing them since 2010 when they opened up for Foals. Really stellar performance. The crowd was totally up for it as well. Most fun I had at a show in a long time. They have darkwave/goth/post-punk sound with the atmospheric sound of good rock music. Highly recommended

Esben and the Witch Tour Dates

Mon Mar 25 - Toronto, ON - Underground at The Drake
    Tue Mar 26 - Chicago, IL - Empty Bottle
    Wed Mar 27 - Minneapolis, MN - 7th St Entry
    Sun Mar 31 - Vancouver, BC - The Media Club
    Mon Apr 01 - Seattle, WA - Chop Suey
    Tue Apr 02 - Portland, OR - Mississippi Studios
    Thu Apr 04 - San Francisco, CA - Brick & Mortar Music Hall
    Fri Apr 05 - Los Angeles, CA - Bootleg Bar
    Sat Apr 06 - San Diego, CA - Soda Bar
    Sun Apr 07 - Phoenix, AZ - Crescent Ballroom
    Tue Apr 09 - Austin, TX - The Mohawk
    Wed Apr 10 - Dallas, TX - Club Dada
    Thu Apr 11 - Houston, TX - Fitzgerald's
    Fri Apr 12 - New Orleans, LA - Circle Bar
    Sat Apr 13 - Atlanta, GA - Masquerade (Purgatory Stage)
    Sun Apr 14 - Durham, NC - Motorco
    Mon Apr 15 - Washington, DC - DC9
    all dates w/ Heliotropes

And it looks like we'll be seeing JT solo tour after Jay-Z tour...

And heís going to tour on his own after the Jay-Z stadium tour this summer?
    Yeah. Probably heíll go out sometime in the fall. We havenít routed that yet or figured out what cities weíre going to play. I know weíll start in North America first. But again, our focus is getting the album out and getting the Jay/Justin piece done. And I would say sometime in April/May weíll announce when Justin is going to put his own solo tour out.

How are the ticket sales so far?
    Better than anybody could hope! Thereís a bunch of them up that are already sold out, and the shows donít even start playing until the 7th of July.

What will the sets be like? Will they do solo sets and then do one together?
    I canít really give that away right now. But thatís something for those two to talk about, which they will in the not too distant future. All I can say is itís two of the biggest superstars in the world, and theyíre gonna bring something that is going to be very special to the stage.

Are you expecting a big U2-sized production, or will it be more streamlined like the TV appearances?
    Again, that is still something weíre working out. Itís Justin and Jay-Z so itís gonna be spectacular, but I canít tell what the dimensions will be -- are people gonna be flying out the sky? I donít know. We are in a mode right now to get this album released and those creative conversations will have to start next week when things kind of die down and Justin has more time to focus on them. But for the most part, no one will be disappointed.
    http://www.billboard.com/biz/article...und?page=0%2C2

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Black Flag (Greg Ginn, Ron Reyes, Gregory Moore)

05/23/13 Austin, TX Infest
    05/24/13 Dallas, TX Trees
    05/25/13 San Antonio, TX The Korova
    06/06/13 Lawrence, KS Granada Theater
    06/07/13 Des Moines, IA Wooly's
    06/08/13 Chicago, IL Reggie's Rock Club
    06/09/13 Chicago, IL Reggie's Rock Club
    06/10/13 Detroit, MI Majestic Theatre
    06/14/13 Brooklyn, NY Warsaw-The Polish National Home
    06/15/13 Brooklyn, NY Warsaw-The Polish National Home
    06/17/13 Philadelphia, PA Union Transfer
    06/19/13 Lexington, KY Buster's
    06/20/13 Newport, KY Southgate House
    06/21/13 St. Louis, MO Fubar
    07/10/13 El Paso, TX Tricky Falls
    07/11/13 Tempe, AZ Club Red/Red Owl
    07/12/13 Santa Ana, CA The Observatory
    07/13/13 Santa Ana, CA The Observatory
    07/14/13 Los Angeles, CA Vex Arts
    07/16/13 Santa Cruz, CA The Catalyst
    07/18/13 Portland, OR Hawthorne Theater
    07/19/13 Seattle, WA El Corazon
    07/20/13 Vancouver, BC TBA
    07/23/13 Oakland, CA Oakland Metro Operahouse
    07/24/13 Ventura, CA The Majestic Ventura Theater

I am considerably disappointed with Jeff Mangum's beard I was hoping for a more fuller and bushier beard as one of a fat face hobo would have but all I got was strung out badly trim beard.Yes,I did get to see it up close since he walked by Cara and I.
    Last edited by getbetter; 03-25-2013 at 09:10 AM.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival 10/03 - 10/05/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Treasure Island @ Treasure Island 10/18 & 10/19/14
    Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Damn. Milk Music is playing at Unit B Studio in Santa Ana tonight. Tempting.
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)
    10/01 - King Crimson - Orpheum
    10/10 - Thurston Moore/Sebadoh - Echoplex (?)
    10/11 - BADBADNOTGOOD - Echoplex (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    Black Flag (Greg Ginn, Ron Reyes, Gregory Moore)

05/23/13 Austin, TX Infest
    05/24/13 Dallas, TX Trees
    05/25/13 San Antonio, TX The Korova
    06/06/13 Lawrence, KS Granada Theater
    06/07/13 Des Moines, IA Wooly's
    06/08/13 Chicago, IL Reggie's Rock Club
    06/09/13 Chicago, IL Reggie's Rock Club
    06/10/13 Detroit, MI Majestic Theatre
    06/14/13 Brooklyn, NY Warsaw-The Polish National Home
    06/15/13 Brooklyn, NY Warsaw-The Polish National Home
    06/17/13 Philadelphia, PA Union Transfer
    06/19/13 Lexington, KY Buster's
    06/20/13 Newport, KY Southgate House
    06/21/13 St. Louis, MO Fubar
    07/10/13 El Paso, TX Tricky Falls
    07/11/13 Tempe, AZ Club Red/Red Owl
    07/12/13 Santa Ana, CA The Observatory
    07/13/13 Santa Ana, CA The Observatory
    07/14/13 Los Angeles, CA Vex Arts
    07/16/13 Santa Cruz, CA The Catalyst
    07/18/13 Portland, OR Hawthorne Theater
    07/19/13 Seattle, WA El Corazon
    07/20/13 Vancouver, BC TBA
    07/23/13 Oakland, CA Oakland Metro Operahouse
    07/24/13 Ventura, CA The Majestic Ventura Theater
    oh god. my hearing will be damaged permanently if i see them here.
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - The Zombies / Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

Monday, April 15, 6:30Ė9:00 p.m. @ the Metropolitan Museum of Art

Join Spectrum as Thurston Moore, co-founder of Sonic Youth, performs live in front of a projection of Street, a video by British-born artist James Nares that features Moore's original music.

Over the course of a week in September 2011, Naresóa New Yorker since 1974órecorded sixteen hours of footage of people on the streets of Manhattan from a moving car. He then greatly slowed his source material, editing down the results to one hour of steady, continuous motion and scoring it with music for a twelve-string guitar composed and performed by Moore. Nares's video forms the centerpiece of the exhibition Street, on view at the Museum through May 27, 2013.

A reception in the Great Hall with complimentary refreshments precedes this one-time-only musical and visual experience.

Beer generously donated by Harpoon Brewery
    http://www.metmuseum.org/events/prog...pectrum/street

As of today, no. Tomorrow ill be catching him. Ah, well that blows. I was a row back from the front. I don't remember any douchebags. I remember a lot people not knowing who he was and getting their minds blown. Also, that sunset was phenomenal. I'm sure tomorrow's show will be just as beautiful

anyone see the tall firs live? Never listened to them, but they are opening for jeff Mangum tomorrow. is it Worth showing up early?

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I am considerably disappointed with Jeff Mangum's beard I was hoping for a more fuller and bushier beard as one of a fat face hobo would have but all I got was strung out badly trim beard.Yes,I did get to see it up close since he walked by Cara and I.
    Just like your fatty girlfriend doesn't care about those shows the bro was going on and on about.... WE HERE AT THE BOARD GIVE LESS THAN NO SHITS ABOUT YOU AND GHEYDITA GRADING BEARDS. I typed this in caps because you seem to be lacking comprehension skills required to hone in on THE POINT.

Thank you for flying STFU Airlines. We hope you choose us for your next fleight =)

Gawd bless you. You would be my favorite poster now even if you were ugly.
    "why are you so annoying" TheKlein25

god Cara. Why didn't you just move?
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Track down Spooks if you want Cararchives. Also, don't buy into the hype. First off, you can bet she didn't say shit. Secondly, any ugly chic who tries getting her boyfriend's ass kicked at a show is a worthless ugly chic, even if she gives good dome. That's the kind of ugly chic who gets you beat up by talking shit to some bro, then gives road-dome to the bro who she got to beat you up as he drunkenly drives her home. Just saying, kids. Know your enemy.

Chvrches

5/28 — Portland, OR — Wonder Ballroom
    5/29 — San Francisco, CA — Rickshaw Stop
    6/1 — Los Angeles, CA — Troubadour
    6/2 — Solana Beach, CA — Belly Up Tavern
    6/5 — Austin, TX — The Mohawk
    6/6 — Dallas, TX — Granada Theater
    6/7 — Lawrence, KS — The Granada Theatre
    6/8 — Minneapolis, MN — Fine Line Music Cafe
    6/10 — Chicago, IL — Lincoln Hall
    6/12 — Toronto, ON — The Hoxton