Page 2117 of 2507 FirstFirst ... 21122113211421152116211721182119212021212122 ... LastLast
Results 63,481 to 63,510 of 75200

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

Depeche Mode in SD on my bday? hell yeah.

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

The Green Day show last night was great. The crowd I would say was too passionate, with everywhere yelling every single lyric and pushing to get up front. The first hour I was in the second row from the stage in front of Billie Joe, then I moved back towards the middle of the pit and the sound quality was tremendously better. Could finally hear how great a singer he is live without any disturbance. The setlist was very warmup like, but he put a lot of energy into it. Some of the songs were put on hold, while Green Day would do silly stuff or make something epic out of it and then resume. A lot of people got to go on stage, they also gave out a lot of customized GD guitar picks, t-shirts, and toilet paper. I had a fun time.

This article summarizes it well
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...rehab-20130311

Green Day was indeed awesome and a lot of fun. Never seen Billie that emotional, be it his first show back from rehab or if thats how sober Billie is, but it was damn good. The setlist was "safe" at best. It was definitely "the first show back" doing a setlist similar to the 21st century tour with only 5 (of the 37!!!) new songs sprinkled in. Though some of the most played songs since they have come out gave some of the most powerful/emotional performances ie Letterbomb and Blvd of Broken Dreams. Obviously Billie has really taken some of his former lyrics to heart; it took him a solid 2 minutes of extra chanting to muster up the lyrics "Where will all the martyrs go when the virus cures itself? And where will we all go when it's too late?" before giving an obviously much needed release of energy.

The Rolling Stone article is incorrect in their setlist, as Green Day didn't follow the stage copy exactly. FOD got swapped out for Coming Clean which was great to hear as they never play it and was very appropriate for the circumstances of the show in Green Day history. That run of Kerplunk/Dookie/1039 songs with 2000 Light Years Away, Paper Lanterns, Coming Clean, When I Come Around, She, and then Basket Case was so so much.

99 Revolutions was a great opener, and Let Yourself Go could have fit in right with that run of old songs the way the crowd gets going to it. Stay the Night and Stop When The Red Lights Flash were also really great live. Oh Love, while pulled off exactly as it should be, was my time to take a couple photos.

Very excited about the upcoming tour. I think once the band gets their feet in the water again and rehearsing the setlists are going to be amazing with all the trilogy songs coming in. Stoked on my seats at the Sports Arena show!

O and of note, Idiot Club/Idiot Nation is the best fan club ever. We arrived at the venue maybe only an hour before the doors opened to be greeted with a line wrapping completely around the Fox. Never seen that before but hey its Green Day and it was a Sunday night. Going to will call for the tickets we were told there was an early entry line for the fan club and automatic floor passes. Really great experience even though I kind of felt bad going in before the people that were there since midnight-7am. Just kind of though
    Last edited by cutterbutter; 03-11-2013 at 05:42 PM.

geez, really?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    DJ Shadow at the Observatory on April 26th for $10? Yes, please.
    If you want a ''too future'' dj set, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    Flaming Lips July 31 Pacific Ampitheater
    Presale on Wednesday
    Part of the oc fair

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0B...&minorcatid=60
    Anyone got presale password for this one?
    Last edited by zenidogx; 03-11-2013 at 06:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

Black Flag
    Ventura Theater
    Wednesday July 24

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Full Flylo tour dates. No l.a date yet

04-21 Houston, TX - Warehouse Live Ballroom *#
    04-23 Atlanta, GA - Masquerade (Heaven Stage) *#
    04-24 Asheville, NC - Orange Peel *#
    04-25 Washington, DC - 930 Club *#
    04-26 Philadelphia, PA - Union Transfer *#
    05-05 New York, NY - Terminal 5 (Red Bull Music Academy) #$
    05-12 Boston, MA - Paradise #
    05-13 Montreal, Quebec - Metropolis #
    05-15 Toronto, Ontario - Sound Academy #
    05-16 Cleveland, OH - House of Blues Cleveland #
    05-17 Milwaukee, WI - Turner Hall Ballroom #
    05-18 Chicago, IL - Metro #
    05-19 Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue #
    05-22 Seattle, WA - Showbox SoDo #
    05-23 Vancouver, British Columbia - Vogue Theater #
    05-24 Portland, OR - Roseland Theater #
    05-25 Oakland, CA - Fox Theater #

* with Teebs
    $ with Ultraísta
    # with Thundercat
    are you speculating or is there an LA show?

Quote Originally Posted by swhite423 View Post
    are you speculating or is there an LA show?
    Well, if you just HAD to see him, you could go to Low End Theory every week. Oh wait.......

Now that the Key Club is gone, is it going to become another club or be leveled and redeveloped? Does anyone know?

it'll probably just remain empty for the rest of the year until a new owner comes in and buys it. The only thing you'll probably see will be a new sound system and possibly a new name (but most likely not since it's already established), the building will more then likely remain unchanged.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

While in New Orleans this weekend, my brother and I decided at the last second to try to get into day 2 of Buku fest. We bought wristbands off of people leaving the fest early for $20 each and managed to see Passion Pit, Calvin Harris, SST9, and Nero. One of the stages was in this big warehouse filled with huge, crazy Mardi Gras floats. it was super fun. SST9 is a waaaaaaay more awesome band than i imagined. i will definitely be going out of my way to see them when they come around from now on.
    last.fm
    12/4/14 - Angel Olsen @ El Rey // 12/10/14 - Tune-Yards/Cibo Matto @ Wiltern

The Key Club was consistently one of the most poorly run venues I've been to in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Black Flag - 2013 Tour Dates (more TBA?)

May 18 Hünxe, Germany - Ruhrpott Rodeo *
    June 07 Des Moines, IA - Wooly's *
    June 08 Chicago, IL - Reggie's *
    June 09 Chicago, IL - Reggie's *
    June 10 Detroit, MI - Magestic Theater *
    June 13 - 16 Brooklyn, NY - Northside Festival 2013 *
    July 12 Santa Ana, CA The Observatory
    July 13 Santa Ana, CA The Observatory
    August 04 Kent, UK - Hevy Fest
    August 01 Viveiro, Spain - Resurrection Fest 2013
    August 31 Cookville, Tennessee - Muddy Roots Music Festival

*With Good For You
    Updated with a few extra dates and the opening act.

Good For You is Greg Ginn and Mike Vallely, the pro skateboarder. The tracks they've released so far are pretty damn hard and pretty damn good.
    6/17 Union Tranfer Philadelphia (Tickets on sale this Friday)

2nd show added for Jay-Z/JT & James Blake

Justin Timberlake/Jay-Z - 2013 Tour Dates
    July 19 New York, NY Yankee Stadium SOLD OUT
    July 20 New York, NY Yankee Stadium

James Blake 2013 Tour Dates
    Thu 05/07/13 Terminal 5 New York NY
    Thu 05/09/13 Terminal 5 New York NY

12/18 DJ Qu/Lauren Ritter @ Good Room
    12/19 Matthew Dear/Paco Osuna @ Verboten
    12/20 Solomun/Adriatique/David August @ TBA

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    The Key Club was consistently one of the most poorly run venues I've been to in my life.
    you didnt go to the whisky the year or so after the Terror riot when they started taking peoples ID's at the door and giving them back at the end of the night, it went on like that for almost two years at most of the metal/hardcore/punk shows I saw there. People would be waiting for almost 2 hours at the end of the night in a line to get their ID back. All at the managements discretion, made me not want to see any shows there for the longest time.
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Quote Originally Posted by TheRotten42 View Post
    it'll probably just remain empty for the rest of the year until a new owner comes in and buys it. The only thing you'll probably see will be a new sound system and possibly a new name (but most likely not since it's already established), the building will more then likely remain unchanged.
    Gone thru 2 owners in a few years, something tells me live music on the strip is no longer profitable.
    "why are you so annoying" TheKlein25

you didnt go to the whisky the year or so after the Terror riot when they started taking peoples ID's at the door and giving them back at the end of the night, it went on like that for almost two years at most of the metal/hardcore/punk shows I saw there. People would be waiting for almost 2 hours at the end of the night in a line to get their ID back. All at the managements discretion, made me not want to see any shows there for the longest time.
    Holy shit, I have never heard of such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    While in New Orleans this weekend, my brother and I decided at the last second to try to get into day 2 of Buku fest. We bought wristbands off of people leaving the fest early for $20 each and managed to see Passion Pit, Calvin Harris, SST9, and Nero. One of the stages was in this big warehouse filled with huge, crazy Mardi Gras floats. it was super fun. SST9 is a waaaaaaay more awesome band than i imagined. i will definitely be going out of my way to see them when they come around from now on.
    Right? I was blown away with their performance at the Palladium last week. They really brught out some great vibes and tunes. def a Great LIVE band
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

While in New Orleans this weekend, my brother and I decided at the last second to try to get into day 2 of Buku fest. We bought wristbands off of people leaving the fest early for $20 each and managed to see Passion Pit, Calvin Harris, SST9, and Nero.
    How is Passion Pit these days? Their singer still sound like he's constipated up there?

I saw sts9 for the tenth time recently and I shocked how many songs I didnt know in their set.I still had a great time and its cool to see a lot boardies like them now days.Did you guys like the daft punk cover?

Seeing Parenthetical girls this past weekend was great yet I left disppoint not competely by the band preformance yet just how they came on late because of other bands,they didnt have a proper sound check do they had a few instrument problems, and they had their set cut early.Besides that it was a good show.
    Last edited by getbetter; 03-12-2013 at 11:03 AM.
    Translation

Sparks @ Ace Hotel 02/14/15
    Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/15
    The Pop Group @ GAMH 03/11/15

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post

I haven't been to the Whiskey in a while, I just haven't been feeling the acts they have been booking but serious that sounds like a complete load of BS.

Recently when I went to Club Nokia, we were being searched and we emptied our pockets. The person who searched me opened my wallet. My friend who's a lawyer started lecturing the door person about how illegal that was, a supervisor jumped in and apologized.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    Holy shit, I have never heard of such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    I haven't been to the Whiskey in a while, I just haven't been feeling the acts they have been booking but serious that sounds like a complete load of BS.

Recently when I went to Club Nokia, we were being searched and we emptied our pockets. The person who searched me opened my wallet. My friend who's a lawyer started lecturing the door person about how illegal that was, a supervisor jumped in and apologized.
    Here's a write up I found from the night in question. This was probably one of my favorite experience at a show on the strip. Full on chaos in the street that night.

On March 5, 2004, Terror and some other bands played in LA. Chaos broke out with what appears to be a small riot. Continue reading to get the full story as reported by correspondent Marshall from the Warriors...

The staff here hopes that anybody injured is ok and that Doug (the gentle giant) doesn't get charges.

...as stated by Marshall of the Warriors. Let me break it down for you. The Whiskey A Go Go is a venue in Hollywood that runs hand in hand with the Roxy. At the Whiskey it's pay to play, which means that the bands have to give the venue 20% of what they make from merch. Last night Terror, Shattered Realm, Born From Pain (Holland), Internal Affairs, and The Promise played along with some other weird bands. Long story short, The Promise got $2,000 jacked from their merch box. This pissed everybody off. Rumor has it that the meathead/mafia bouncers while checking their bags in stole the money. I believe this to be true because the chances of somebody else doing it is highly unlikely. Anyways, this pissed everybody off. Also there was no stage diving allowed, which also pissed off a lot of people. The sign says "You stage dive, you go home." Well Terror proved that wrong when not even a quarter through the set Scott says "I need more stage dives. . .I need 20 stage dives right now! Who's gonna stage dive?! Is it you?. . .YOU!. . come on! This club means NOTHING TO ME!" And then all hell broke loose. Everybody started stage diving and one anonymous hardcore kid butt bombed off the stage right into like 3 bouncers in which they dragged him by the collar of his shirt out of the venue. Everybody rushed outside and the fight broke out. People ambushing the bouncers, people swinging metal beams at each other, kids and bouncers picking up trashcans and anything they could to hurt each other in the middle of Sunset Blvd, which obviously stopped traffic and a bus. Pure mayhem for about 5 minutes. Then the 3 huge ass bouncers that were fighting (with mouthpieces) rushed back inside to stop kids from re-entering. Some guys didn't like this . . . . . so they shatterd the windows of the club and talked shit to the bouncers for about 20 minutes before 6 cop cars came. Haha, to be honest the cops didn't know who to arrest because apparently the whiskey and roxy (mafia ran) pay off the cops and when shit goes sour they got their back. So Scott Vogel got gashed by a metal beam in the back of his head, blood everywhere, the Donnybrook, Terror, and Internal Affairs crew are tough as nails, it was the best Terror set EVER, the tall huge guitar player from Terror got arrested (despite the fact that he didn't do a damn thing, gentle giant) and most importantly hardcore left its mark and destroyed that corrupt shit hole. No more hardcore shows at The Whiskey. . . . .thank God.
    Last edited by TheRotten42; 03-12-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Right? I was blown away with their performance at the Palladium last week. They really brught out some great vibes and tunes. def a Great LIVE band
    Yeah, i really wasn't sure what to expect, but I was really, really impressed. Those guys fucking throw it DOWN.

I saw sts9 for the tenth time recently and I shocked how many songs I didnt know in their set.I still had a great time and its cool to see a lot boardies like them now days.Did you guys like the daft punk cover?
    Yes, the Daft Punk cover was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezrRckr View Post
    How is Passion Pit these days? Their singer still sound like he's constipated up there?
    Yeah, I wasn't too impressed. They were playing when we got in and they ended up just being background noise for us.
    last.fm
    12/4/14 - Angel Olsen @ El Rey // 12/10/14 - Tune-Yards/Cibo Matto @ Wiltern

Pretty bummed that Calvin Harris lands on April 12th but whatever, hate the Palladium anyways.

Yeah, i really wasn't sure what to expect, but I was really, really impressed. Those guys fucking throw it DOWN.

Yes, the Daft Punk cover was awesome.
    It was my first time seeing STS9 back at the Fox too, and I also had a blast. Zack during the Daft Punk cover, so loud, "IS THIS DAFT PUNK? OMG I THINK IT'S A DAFT PUNK COVER. IT'S A FUCKING DAFT PUNK COVER!!!! WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!"

People stared.

12/16: A Winged Victory for the Sullen @ The Independent
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar
    12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood
    5/2: Sleater Kinney @ The Masonic

Valley Cultural Center Concerts In The Green Warner Park Woodland Hills, CA

http://valleycultural.org/concerts-m...schedule-2013/

Theres more sponsors than bands