Page 2094 of 2447 FirstFirst ... 20892090209120922093209420952096209720982099 ... LastLast
Results 62,791 to 62,820 of 73388

Thread: Upcoming Shows

Default Re: Upcoming Shows

Did the previous previous Postal Service presales begin on the same day as the dates being announced?

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Did the previous previous Postal Service presales begin on the same day as the dates being announced?
    Presale on Wed: http://www.crowdsurge.com/the-postal-service/

7/29 Conor Oberst @ Summerstage
    8/2 Daniele Baldelli/Simian Mobile Disco @ PS1
    8/2 Magda @ Output
    8/3 Seth Troxler/the Martinez Brothers @ Gov Island
    8/3 Seth Troxler @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Thank you

Iron & Wine Spring U.S. Tour Dates

11 May Bottle Rock Festival Napa, CA
    13 May Carnegie Music Hall of Homestead Pittsburgh, PA
    14 May Beacon Theatre New York, NY
    15 May Union Transfer Philadelphia, PA
    16 May Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens Richmond, VA
    17 May Berklee Performance Center Boston, MA
    18 May Portland Theatre Portland, ME
    19 May The Capitol Theatre Port Chester, NY

8/2 Magda @ Output

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Duuude, but your girlfriend doesnt even like Tomahawk. Take me. I'll be you a beer
    Your wish has come true. She's feeling under the weather. Clear out your PM box and shoot me a message.

Calling heart cooks brain!!! Who will play the Fox Theater on the 17th and/or 18th

ps Anyone been to the Madonna Expo Center?

Modest Mouse 2013 Tour Dates

2013/04/10 Fox Theater Oakland, CA
    2013/04/13 Rialto Theatre Tucson, AZ
    2013/04/14 Crescent Ballroom Tempe, AZ
    2013/04/16 The Fox Theater Pomona, CA
    2013/04/17 The Madonna Expo Center San Luis Obispo, CA

8/2 Magda @ Output

Nope, but it's in the Madonna Inn, one of the most hilariously over-the-top hotels in the lands. I believe they have themed rooms, I know the outside is bright pink. It looks incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I have, although not for a concert. My Grandpa had his retirement banquet there (he was a city councilman for 30+ years and then the mayor of SLO for 8), and while it's a big space it's basically just a convention center - couldn't tell you about the acoustics, though. Byran is right about the hotel itself; it's was built by Alex Madonna at the direction of his wife, and it's one of the most bizarre, eccentric, over-the-top places you'll ever visit. Do yourself a favor and get there a few hours early to explore the hotel grounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

Postal Service sold out Barclays already? holy shit...

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

Thanks bmack and nosurprises for the info Thinking about flying a day early to catch Modest Mouse now!

ps Cutterbutter: Just PMed you!

8/2 Magda @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    Postal Service sold out Barclays already? holy shit...
    Faster than Pearl Jam at Wrigley......

Edward sharpe @ hollywood bowl - August 4th

Calling heart cooks brain!!! Who will play the Fox Theater on the 17th and/or 18th

:.( ugh that would of been way less stressful
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

How is no one on here talking about this show yet? This is gonna be hot.

Flume
    Para One, Duawd
    Tuesday March 26
    Echoplex

http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/ev...utm_medium=bks
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

Zach Galifianakis is at the Largo this Saturday. Just put up on sale if anyone's interested.

http://largo.laughstub.com/show.cfm?id=234260&cart

The Glasshouse and Fox Pomona will be announcing their "Coachella shows" on Monday Morning. Tickets will go onsale 3/1, 3/8 and 3/15.

Ugh. That's the day I fly back.

Someday...
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

I love Red Bull Music Academy Four Tet's gig will be at Webster Hall for $5 on 5/8 with special guests...

236 artists
    34 nights
    8000 anthems
    1 city
    New York City
    April 28th - May 31st

As you may or may not have heard, we'll be touching down in New York City from April 28 to May 31 for the 15th edition of the Red Bull Music Academy. We’ll be putting on a total of 34 shows in that time, from live concerts and club nights to A/V installations, film screenings and public conversations with some of music's true greats.

Here's only a handful of the music makers who will be performing at some of the best venues around: Brian Eno, James Murphy, DJ Lo Down Loretta Brown aka Erykah Badu, Giorgio Moroder, Pantha du Prince & The Bell Laboratory, Skream, Kim Gordon, Four Tet and Masters at Work. The full slate of events will be unveiled on March 4 (and that’ll be the date that you can pick up tickets as well), so watch this space for details.

During the entire month of May, Brian Eno brings his acclaimed audio-visual installation 77 Million Paintings to the former location of Café Rouge for its East Coast debut. 77 Million Paintings is a generative work – making itself as you watch it – which explores a vast set of permutations of visual and sonic elements made by the pioneering composer and sound conceptualist. The result is “between music and painting.”

The exhibition will be accompanied by an “Illustrated Talk” on May 6 in which Eno will outline the creative processes that have driven his work, in true Red Bull Music Academy fashion.

We’ll also be gearing up for the first New York edition of the Red Bull Music Academy Culture Clash on May 9. First hosted in London in 2010, the Culture Clash is now a staple on the international music scene, and a unique celebration of sound system culture.

The first New York edition will feature crews from hip hop, reggae, modern Latin and electronic dance music including Max Glazer, the man behind the city’s best dancehall parties and the brilliant Federation Sound; Fool’s Gold Records, the genre-defying Brooklyn label headed up by A-Trak and Nick Catchdubs; Young Guru and Just Blaze, the architects of Roc-A-Fella’s classic NYC hip hop sound and countless hits from Jay-Z to Rihanna; and Que Bajo?!, a collective known for starting full-on riots with their unique blend of cumbia, moombahton and tropical bass. Every crew will play custom-made tracks only to be heard on the night – and as always, plenty of special guests are expected.

On May 25, the Red Bull Music Academy will team up with the era-defining DFA Records for an epic celebration of the label’s 12th anniversary. From making indie kids dance again to taking Madison Square Garden by storm, DFA is a New York institution if there ever was one. DFA founder James Murphy will headline an epic nine-hour, multi-room show at the Grand Prospect Hall in Brooklyn, with over 15 live acts and DJs spanning the entire history of DFA, including some first-ever in the US performances. The final lineup will be announced imminently.

The party will be accompanied by the documentary 12 Years of DFA: Too Old To Be New, Too New To Be Classic, a mashed-up, frenzied portrait of the iconic label and the creative minds and recording artists behind it. The 12 minute film will be premiering during the Red Bull Music Academy and will be available for streaming right here on redbullmusicacademy.com

On May 2, for one day and night, we’ll be transforming the Knockdown Center into a temple of thundering noise with some of today’s most daring sound artists for an event we’re calling Drone Activity in Progress.

Artists include Stephen O’Malley of Sunn O))) (performing solo as SOMA and in his duo project KTL), Prurient, Alan Licht and Sonic Youth founding member Kim Gordon who will present her collaborative project with Bill Nace, Body/Head. Visuals in this multi-sensory experience come courtesy of the creative minds behind Nuit Blanche.

If there’s one thing that we can all agree on, it’s a bit of bass. That’s why we’re going to take one special night to celebrate it properly. United States of Bass will bring together pioneers of America’s most influential regional bass music styles.

We’ve got New York’s own Afrika Bambaataa, LA’s electro pioneer Egyptian Lover, Detroit’s ghettotech godfather DJ Assault, Chicago’s juke and footwork heroes DJ Spinn and DJ Rashad, New Orleans bounce queen Big Freedia, Baltimore’s Scottie B, Miami’s DJ Magic Mike, Chicago vet DJ Funk and current bass music innovators such as Drop The Lime and Salva all lined up for one big low frequency extravaganza. Expect two floors, 808 beats and one nation under a groove.

These are only a handful of the events that will keep NYC on lock during the whole month of May. Tickets for all shows will go on sale on March 4, 2013 at 10am via www.ticketweb.com.

Look forward to more details on shows with the likes of Oscar and Grammy winner Ryuichi Sakamoto and German electronic artist Alva Noto, seminal NYC house duo Masters At Work, disco legend Giorgio Moroder (with his first ever live DJ set), David Bowie producers Tony Visconti and Nile Rodgers, Four Tet, Pantha du Prince, dubstep trailblazers Skream and Mala, hip hop beat-makers of the moment Young Chop and DJ Mustard, New York labels L.I.E.S. and UNO, the inimitable Erykah Badu, and hundreds more.

http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/m...cement#tickets

8/2 Magda @ Output

God, I hate NYC right now. Oren Ambarchi will also be doing a NYC show in May. BLAH.

And thanks for the info re: the glasshouse and fox, supre.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Spooks: Do you no longer post outside of this thread? This Thread is becoming the Upcoming Shows As Updated Mostly By Spooks thread. Try your hand at something else, hmm?

Fuuuuuucccccck. Every part of that sounds amazing.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Swans coming back to NYC again?! Along with Ron Reyes/Greg Ginn Black Flag?! This is the best day ever

http://pitchfork.com/news/49646-greg...orthside-fest/

ps Black Flag's first NYC show in 26 years will be at Warsaw on 6/14. This is going to be ridiculous!!!
    Last edited by Spooks; 02-20-2013 at 08:59 AM.

8/2 Magda @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Spooks: Do you no longer post outside of this thread? This Thread is becoming the Upcoming Shows As Updated Mostly By Spooks thread. Try your hand at something else, hmm?
    When you have nothing else to do after hosting a radio show, this is what happens. Tha, and getting every press release for bands.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

grrr i can't make any of those shows.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

worth seeing just to watch Greg Fox on the drums. he is a machine.

GUARDIAN ALIEN + ZS

Wed 03.06 - Pittsburgh, PA - Gooski's
    Thu 03.07 - Cleveland, OH - Now That's Class
    Fri 03.08 - Chicago, IL - Experimental Sound Studios
    Fri 03.08 - Chicago, IL - The Observatory
    Sat 03.09 - Chicago, IL - Swerp Mansion - (ZS Solo Performances (Diamond Terrifier, Patrick Higgins, Greg Fox))
    Sun 03.10 - Chicago, IL - The Empty Bottle
    Mon 03.11 - Little Rock, AR - House Show
    Tue 03.12 - Dallas, TX - Bryan Street Tavern
    Wed 03.13 - Austin, TX - SXSW (TBA)
    Thu 03.14 - Austin, TX - SXSW (TBA)
    Fri 03.15 - Austin, TX - SXSW (TBA)
    Sat 03.16 - New Orleans, LA - TBA
    Sun 03.17 - Orlando, FL - Timucua White House (ZS only)
    Mon 03.18 - Orlando, FL - Lil Indies
    Tue 03.19 - Atlanta, GA - 529
    Wed 03.20 - Raleigh - NC Kings Barcade
    Thu 03.21 - Richmond, VA - Strange Matter
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

Quote Originally Posted by GolfWang View Post
    Zach Galifianakis is at the Largo this Saturday. Just put up on sale if anyone's interested.

http://largo.laughstub.com/show.cfm?id=234260&cart
    fuckin a i miss every on sale. finally joined the mailing list

Swans coming back to NYC again?! Along with Ron Reyes/Greg Ginn Black Flag?! This is the best day ever

http://pitchfork.com/news/49646-greg...orthside-fest/

ps Black Flag's first NYC show in 26 years will be at Warsaw on 6/14. This is going to be ridiculous!!!
    I really would like to be there for that. Although I can't even imagine what it'll be like to see Black Flag in Los Angeles. I wonder if LAPD is over classifying them as a gang presence and a front for drug runners.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    When you have nothing else to do after hosting a radio show, this is what happens. Tha, and getting every press release for bands.
    Pretty sure everyone thought Michael Jordan was a douche for trying his hand at something else back in the MLB days, anyway. Guess there will be no winners in this lottery.

Black Flag pre/post-Rollins is like having Rollins Band without Rollins. No gang presence. The real fans are too poor for drugs. A total shit storm for the nose when you get that many crusty unwashed angst fueled teen virgins in the same room. Have fun?
    Last edited by Zafocaine; 02-20-2013 at 09:51 AM.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

With Postal Service selling out stadiums and shit it's highly doubtful we get a Fox Theater/El Rey show from them right?
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

I hope so
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14